Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
this is one of the most offensive comments someone has ever written on this site. Please delete your account. There is no way neo;lation is a for sure cancellation. Just reread it and look at it. Its like, what Jump has been in need of all year.
It was cancelled the moment they came up with the name NeZero;lation.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
''37. *,*23,744 *,*23,744 Hinomaruzumou Vol.23 ''

low sales since its first publish in shonen jump ( still ongoing + get an anime )
can someone please explain to me why ?
If you're asking why it's a low seller, it's probably because Reina's first reaction in the series to her brother doing sumo is how most people think of the sport (that it's weird and gross). How great the series is doesn't matter if people finding the premise itself gross.

If you're asking why it's still going, it had a lot of good ToC rankings for a while and WSJ will keep around low sellers if they think they're interesting and add good variety to the magazine.
 

CrimsonEpitaph

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2018
Messages
84
Reaction score
91
Age
35
Country
Israel
''37. *,*23,744 *,*23,744 Hinomaruzumou Vol.23 ''

low sales since its first publish in shonen jump ( still ongoing + get an anime )
can someone please explain to me why ?
Some people think that the Japanese government/Sumo organizations support it.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I actually think Ne0 and Chainsaw are around the same quality.
I think either one of them get axed, or both.
Who knows. Maybe both will stay
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
this is one of the most offensive comments someone has ever written on this site. Please delete your account. There is no way neo;lation is a for sure cancellation. Just reread it and look at it. Its like, what Jump has been in need of all year.
No, you delete your account please
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gokutei Higuma does seem to be getting good reception though, the mini series must've been pretty popular
 

Trigunblitz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2018
Messages
24
Reaction score
28
Age
31
Country
United States
I'll delete my account when BLack Clover is proven as the next Naruto.
This is very interesting because an inherit assumption in the statement is that you do not want to delete your account—or you obviously wouldn’t be such an active member. Also inherent is that you don’t actually believe BC is on Naruto’s level.

How deep is your trolling? Do you even like BC or is it just the best tool to provoke ppl?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is very interesting because an inherit assumption in the statement is that you do not want to delete your account—or you obviously wouldn’t be such an active member. Also inherent is that you don’t actually believe BC is on Naruto’s level.

How deep is your trolling? Do you even like BC or is it just the best tool to provoke ppl?
BLack Clover is in my current top three of current jump, up there with Haikyuu!! and ne0;lation and Food Wars and Boruto (if that counts). I have full faith that BLack Clover could someday reach Naruto level, hence why I would even bet my entire account on it. However, as I mentioned a few posts ago, based on the current approximated print manga sales, and its absence in the top 10 or so, it was clear that this year it couldn't reach that level. I believe it did in digital sales, but because people here continue to believe digital sales are meaningless and very inconsequential, you can clearly see the issue with definitively proving to them that BLack Clover is at or above Naruto level.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
BLack Clover is in my current top three of current jump, up there with Haikyuu!! and ne0;lation and Food Wars and Boruto (if that counts). I have full faith that BLack Clover could someday reach Naruto level, hence why I would even bet my entire account on it. However, as I mentioned a few posts ago, based on the current approximated print manga sales, and its absence in the top 10 or so, it was clear that this year it couldn't reach that level. I believe it did in digital sales, but because people here continue to believe digital sales are meaningless and very inconsequential, you can clearly see the issue with definitively proving to them that BLack Clover is at or above Naruto level.

just a question,

where do you honestly rank the shonen jump manga in term of just digital sales, specifically for 2018
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
BLack Clover is in my current top three of current jump, up there with Haikyuu!! and ne0;lation and Food Wars and Boruto (if that counts). I have full faith that BLack Clover could someday reach Naruto level, hence why I would even bet my entire account on it. However, as I mentioned a few posts ago, based on the current approximated print manga sales, and its absence in the top 10 or so, it was clear that this year it couldn't reach that level. I believe it did in digital sales, but because people here continue to believe digital sales are meaningless and very inconsequential, you can clearly see the issue with definitively proving to them that BLack Clover is at or above Naruto level.
>dude DIGITAL SALES LMOA
 

CuriousReborn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2013
Messages
638
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
BLack Clover is in my current top three of current jump, up there with Haikyuu!! and ne0;lation and Food Wars and Boruto (if that counts). I have full faith that BLack Clover could someday reach Naruto level, hence why I would even bet my entire account on it. However, as I mentioned a few posts ago, based on the current approximated print manga sales, and its absence in the top 10 or so, it was clear that this year it couldn't reach that level. I believe it did in digital sales, but because people here continue to believe digital sales are meaningless and very inconsequential, you can clearly see the issue with definitively proving to them that BLack Clover is at or above Naruto level.
I agree, ne0;lation is the new storm that will take jump up to the new level.
 

FengarGB

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
63
Reaction score
43
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Gokutei Higuma does seem to be getting good reception though, the mini series must've been pretty popular
The oneshot/mini series reminded me of shaman king in the way the spirits are handled for power. The art was good in the big moments, but some of the faces disappointed me in quality. Expecting the mangaka fixes that on the new series.It looks more lore and spirit heavy than jujutsu too.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
just a question,

where do you honestly rank the shonen jump manga in term of just digital sales, specifically for 2018
You do realize this question will get answers that are purely hypothetical since no one has any sort of data. It's along the same lines as trying to guess which series will survive a serialization and be a million seller.

This is very interesting because an inherit assumption in the statement is that you do not want to delete your account—or you obviously wouldn’t be such an active member. Also inherent is that you don’t actually believe BC is on Naruto’s level.

How deep is your trolling? Do you even like BC or is it just the best tool to provoke ppl?
I'm quite certain that he's very aware that digital sales isn't even remotely as high as he claims it to be. He's pretty smart and usually follows a lot of data himself.
He does it because he knows he'll get to troll people such as me who get triggered when people mention "digital sales" without any actual data. I take the bait for digital sales trolling solely because I like talking about sales.

But yeah, he does genuinely love BC, which is fine.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I believe Kimetsu no Yaiba sell more than One Piece if you count the digital sales.

So in the end, Kimetsu no Yaiba is the most popular manga in the magazine.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
You do realize this question will get answers that are purely hypothetical since no one has any sort of data. It's along the same lines as trying to guess which series will survive a serialization and be a million seller.


I'm quite certain that he's very aware that digital sales isn't even remotely as high as he claims it to be. He's pretty smart and usually follows a lot of data himself.
He does it because he knows he'll get to troll people such as me who get triggered when people mention "digital sales" without any actual data. I take the bait for digital sales trolling solely because I like talking about sales.

But yeah, he does genuinely love BC, which is fine.
I mean we don't have actual numbers, but we do have rankings from multiple e-stores (compiling some of the major ones at the moment)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top