Discussion - Official Baam Discussion Thread | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Official Baam Discussion Thread

toil

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Regarding the rings, many have speculated that Rachel is related to Zahard, although she has no fangs.
How would this work? All I got is Zahard finds Arlene, kills baby-Baam, "knocks up" Arlene, then Arlene magically holds off on delivering babby Rachel until she escapes the tower. Insert as much magic as you need to make this "make sense".

Is there a less-crack theory about this floating around?

Otherwise a third person would have to be someone new.
Isn't YHS a common guess here?

Alternatively: It was Ho all along, that's why that ranker showed up to massacre his village and that's why Ho had to die on 2F—he knew too much!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah I feel like we're at most about 40% through by "things that have to happen", but what that means in terms of episodes is hard to say (SIU could go faster or slower!).

I should restate what I was thinking: collecting the 13 months seems like it has to happen—one of the only “sure bets” in this series—but I can't ever see "getting the months" getting more than, maybe, one dedicated arc—and if it gets a dedicated arc, it'll be some “last roundup” thing. Get months as part of some other objective, sure, but zero or one “weapon roundup” arcs is all I can see.

Absorbing the BM sets a bad precedent and could turn into Tower of Megaman: is Baam going to get green and yellow and colorless shinsoo, too?

The rings are interesting and I really want to know how many there are in total out there. I think I heard Zahard likes threes.
That is true, SIU have the freedom to deal with any of this stuff at his own pace. And we know for a fact that most times he does not get to include in arcs most of the stuff he wants thanks to his blogposts...

to me it'd make more sense as something that happens across many arcs rather than just one. Bam has a few freebies thanks to yuri and garam but the rest are scattered among princesses including sealed and missing ones. Dealing with all of them in a single arc would be a rather astonishing feat.

That sounds plausible lol. Then again I am not too familiar with megaman lol, on account of having played it when I was 4 years old on snes....

Zahard definitely likes threes... Though I am not sure of whether that applies to the key. He made 13 month series because of the family heads so it would make sense that he made the rings for however many princes there were meant to be. Of course, it is possible princes were made to fit the amount of rings rather than the other way around....

I wonder if zahard is actually sterile.... Hence why the princes, who appear to be zahard knockoffs, are his greatest shame...

toil

Reaction score
Country
United States
to me it'd make more sense as something that happens across many arcs rather than just one. Bam has a few freebies thanks to yuri and garam but the rest are scattered among princesses including sealed and missing ones. Dealing with all of them in a single arc would be a rather astonishing feat.
I think a freebie here, an unexpected pickup there, for sure, but I can see him getting the rest in "a single arc" if Maschenny (or Enne, or both) does a lot of the gathering and Baam just has to beat one target to get all their weapons. Or some other kind of shortcut where someone else does the work, and then Baam just has to show up and take it from them.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think a freebie here, an unexpected pickup there, for sure, but I can see him getting the rest in "a single arc" if Maschenny (or Enne, or both) does a lot of the gathering and Baam just has to beat one target to get all their weapons. Or some other kind of shortcut where someone else does the work, and then Baam just has to show up and take it from them.
For me mascheny is a bit of a wildcard here as there is no reason for us to think she actually wants to gather the 13 months. She just wants to see and participate in battles as brutal as possible. Her actions in regards to whichever weapon she gets will likely be dictated by her desire for battle... she is as likely to try and gather the weapons as she is to get rid of them if it serves her interest. I could even see her giving bam her weapon for the lolz... With enne.... In my mind she is more like a stop to get her weapon.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
How would this work? All I got is Zahard finds Arlene, kills baby-Baam, "knocks up" Arlene, then Arlene magically holds off on delivering babby Rachel until she escapes the tower. Insert as much magic as you need to make this "make sense".

Is there a less-crack theory about this floating around?

Isn't YHS a common guess here?

Alternatively: It was Ho all along, that's why that ranker showed up to massacre his village and that's why Ho had to die on 2F—he knew too much!
I should have been more careful. I don’t think the evidence points to her, other than her blonde hair and yellow eyes.

Also I realized so far all of the ones with rings have worn them openly rather than keep them hidden. I suspect this is the case for any others that exist. Tbh the 13 months is already complicated. Unless there are 13 of Zahard’s seeds then I would think two is enough.

toil

Reaction score
Country
United States
For me mascheny is a bit of a wildcard here as there is no reason for us to think she actually wants to gather the 13 months. She just wants to see and participate in battles as brutal as possible. Her actions in regards to whichever weapon she gets will likely be dictated by her desire for battle... she is as likely to try and gather the weapons as she is to get rid of them if it serves her interest. I could even see her giving bam her weapon for the lolz... With enne.... In my mind she is more like a stop to get her weapon.
You're right, and Maschenny might just lose hers on purpose just to stoke more chaos.

Enne seems to have too much backstory with Zahard, Gustang Garam, Maschenny, and even Arlene to just be a weapons vendor—if she gets free from jail, at least. I could see her getting set free, dropping some truth bombs, and then dying in a blaze of glory, though, instead of hanging around long-term.

I should have been more careful. I don’t think the evidence points to her, other than her blonde hair and yellow eyes.
I was just curious if people who theorize that way have a theory beyond just "they're related".

Also I realized so far all of the ones with rings have worn them openly rather than keep them hidden. I suspect this is the case for any others that exist. Tbh the 13 months is already complicated. Unless there are 13 of Zahard’s seeds then I would think two is enough.
It's tricky because Rachel thinks she's seen the ring before but also doesn't seem to be too familiar with Karaka when she says that, but I don't remember the details precisely.

projectX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I was thinking before that Baam is the child of Arlene and V but what if this child is actually Rachel and Baam is the son of the king who raped Arlene and seal himself in the Tower.What if he think Baamis the child that killed and send all his division to kill him and Baam is his real and only bloodrelated person and.Wont it be ironical?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If Baam was unwanted she would have killed him. Baam also lacks Zahard's physical abilities and is skilled at Tension like V, he doesn't resemble Zahard either. He is definitely V's son.

Donnghia

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I was thinking before that Baam is the child of Arlene and V but what if this child is actually Rachel and Baam is the son of the king who raped Arlene and seal himself in the Tower.What if he think Baamis the child that killed and send all his division to kill him and Baam is his real and only bloodrelated person and.Wont it be ironical?
I made this theory before in just below your thread ;) but in fact I think V is actually Baam (rebirth) and Rachel is Jahad daughter with Arlene

TBeast

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
We all know that Baam was locked somewhere (maybe trained by someone) and Rachel was from time to time with him. Rachel is smart and foxy while Baam is naive. WHAT if Rachel is actually trying to protect him from something. In the cave Rachel said to Baam she cant take him with her outside. And she always says she wants to "steal" Baams destiny.
SIU posted somewhere that there are places in the tower that arent discovered yet and many of us are believing that floor 135 isnt the last floor so basicly the tower may have 200 floors. Maybe the true meaning behind the tittle "Tower of God" is, the one who conquer the tower become a lonely being. I also think that from floor 135 Baam destiny is to conquer the tower ALONE. I dont know how and why he will climb from there on alone ( maybe to save his friends).
Rachel somehow know that and is "sacrificing" herself for Baam.

What if Bamms socalled destiny is to be a lonely being (God). Rachel knows that Baam hates it to be alone.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
If Baam was unwanted she would have killed him. Baam also lacks Zahard's physical abilities and is skilled at Tension like V, he doesn't resemble Zahard either. He is definitely V's son.
I am not sure if he resembles V (yeah, they both had long hair at one point), except for the tension part. He does seem to have Arlenes eyes. His hair colour and physical abilities could be from Arlene as well.
Bam isn't just skilled in tension but excels at shinsoo in general (his resistance to it, the way(s) he can use it,.....). So according to that, he would be more likely to be Gustangs & Blossoms son.

Til now Arlene was always portrait as a kind hearted women (before she went crazy) that could get along with nearly everyone. I am not sure if a person like that would kill their own child, no matter if it was unwanted or not.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not sure if he resembles V (yeah, they both had long hair at one point), except for the tension part. He does seem to have Arlenes eyes. His hair colour and physical abilities could be from Arlene as well.
Bam isn't just skilled in tension but excels at shinsoo in general (his resistance to it, the way(s) he can use it,.....). So according to that, he would be more likely to be Gustangs & Blossoms son.

Til now Arlene was always portrait as a kind hearted women (before she went crazy) that could get along with nearly everyone. I am not sure if a person like that would kill their own child, no matter if it was unwanted or not.
Well... apparently Zahard was a decent fellow when they entered the tower. The journey changed all of the 10 heads somehow it seems.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
We all know that Baam was locked somewhere (maybe trained by someone) and Rachel was from time to time with him. Rachel is smart and foxy while Baam is naive. WHAT if Rachel is actually trying to protect him from something. In the cave Rachel said to Baam she cant take him with her outside. And she always says she wants to "steal" Baams destiny.
SIU posted somewhere that there are places in the tower that arent discovered yet and many of us are believing that floor 135 isnt the last floor so basicly the tower may have 200 floors. Maybe the true meaning behind the tittle "Tower of God" is, the one who conquer the tower become a lonely being. I also think that from floor 135 Baam destiny is to conquer the tower ALONE. I dont know how and why he will climb from there on alone ( maybe to save his friends).
Rachel somehow know that and is "sacrificing" herself for Baam.

What if Bamms socalled destiny is to be a lonely being (God). Rachel knows that Baam hates it to be alone.
The chapter where she was shown to have discussion with Headon kinda proves otherwise. She was extremely jealous of Bam being so succesful and hated Bam for doing sth that she cant do.
i doubt there is anything benign about Bam in her head.

Kiibou

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Does it matter?

the Baam we know now is not the same one that was originally born. A god should be living inside Baam's body which is a vessel or something.

Unless I read some bad translation and it was actually resurrecting Baam.

Edit: from webtoon version, Arlene offered the dead body of her son to the god on the outside, so that one day the god will possess it and return to the tower to slay the king.

so this kinda confirm that whatever the case is whether Baam is a bastard child or legitimate, it isn't really 'Baam' but some other god inside his body.

Last edited:

Kiibou

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
the first part got me hooked but the second fell off.

Rachel could do the stealing destiny thing from Baam because maybe Baam is a sacrifice for someone or some being needed to transcended themselves or something. Another generic thought tho (fantasy really) but still.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Well... apparently Zahard was a decent fellow when they entered the tower. The journey changed all of the 10 heads somehow it seems.
I agree but at the same time disagree. From what we know, Data Edhuan seems completely different than the real one (from what has been told so far). So it could work for Zahard and the rest as well, but there are still the things Data Edhuan told us about V and Zahard. V was described as kind hearted, he wanted to get closer to the people. Zahard was described as the complete opposite. So in my opinion, Zahard didn't change from "good" to "bad", but from a "bad" to the "worst" person (from what we know so far, of course - you could still be right with your theory about Zahard being some kind of anti hero).

Does it matter?

the Baam we know now is not the same one that was originally born. A god should be living inside Baam's body which is a vessel or something.

Unless I read some bad translation and it was actually resurrecting Baam.

Edit: from webtoon version, Arlene offered the dead body of her son to the god on the outside, so that one day the god will possess it and return to the tower to slay the king.

so this kinda confirm that whatever the case is whether Baam is a bastard child or legitimate, it isn't really 'Baam' but some other god inside his body.

Well, yes, i think it would matter - depends to whom of course, but at least for Bam it would make a huuuge difference and it doesn't really matter who our current Bam really is (God or Bam or both), as long as the God doesn't "take over".

Now he thinks that he should avenge his parents - imagine if he had to kill his own father. In that case it would be his mission to kill his father, that raped his mother and killed him when he was little.
Even if someone told him something like "don't worry, technically it's not you anymore, i still think that this would be a very hard pill to swallow. Again, just to make it clear - i am not sure that it will turn out like this, it's just a possibility (at least at this point)

Kiibou

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
as long as the God doesn't "take over".
the corpse was offered to a god to dwell in. It's that god in the body now.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The theory does not really fit. Zahard was able to identify bam as the child of arlen he killed all those eons ago. That more or less confirms a decent bulk of what good old garam told us. Add to that the hints siu has given regarding bam's appearance and V's. Also, if rachel was a daughter arlen and v then she'd be at least more talented than she is when it comes to shinsoo. Not necessarily on the high end of talented 10 family children of course but she'd be at least more than she is nowadays.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
the corpse was offered to a god to dwell in. It's that god in the body now.
It was offered to the god of the outside, yes (according to arlene's diary). But what said God did to Bam, that wasn't explained. Is it just part of is power? Is it him itself? Too many open questions to say that for sure. Even if it is the God, as long as he isn't selfaware, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Reylo is a thing then I don't see why not. /s