One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
​

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

  • For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

  1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Dude thats like your opinion not the whole fanbase.
Plus we only saw a glimpse of King and queen. Chill
Your own post is hypocritical you know that, right? Your opinion as well, so don't treat it fact especially what poor judgement you have behind it.

Doesn't mean Sanji won't face them just because we still seeing more. Sanji has a path to reach them as he mess with his underlings more and can still lean to King. Anything can happen, you never know.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Let me understand you first (as you claim I don't). Is this your own personal opinion or is this how Oda has decided to go through with the final battle against Kaido?
My theory, but it's not impossible to happen. Are you saying you don't see Luffy, Kidd, and Law teaming up to get at Kaido at first, but doo leaves Luffy fighting solo later?
 

afromarco005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2015
Messages
1,331
Reaction score
1,900
Gender
Male
Country
France
I see what you did there. :3c
Fighting fire with fire:3c
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Your own post is hypocritical you know that, right? Your opinion as well, so don't treat it fact especially what poor judgement you have behind it.

Doesn't mean Sanji won't face them just because we still seeing more. Sanji has a path to reach them as he mess with his underlings more and can still lean to King. Anything can happen, you never know.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



My theory, but it's not impossible to happen. Are you saying you don't see Luffy, Kidd, and Law teaming up to get at Kaido at first, but doo leaves Luffy fighting solo later?
Oh really? I will make sure to remember that, so should you Moe kun.
 

Deleted member 169696

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Keep your prayers to yourself, lol. You need it more if you get upset on the internet.
Wow, a human being having emotions, what a rare sight! Totally unlike you, Germa Hannibal Psyche.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I wanna see just how strong Shanks is. It feels like he didn't become an Emperor solely based on his strength, but his connections, given he was able to get the Marines to stop warring and was able to walk in a World Government property and meet Im without an issue. Even though he was strong enough to be a rival for the World's Greatest Swordsman, it wouldn't necessarily mean Shanks would be an Emperor. What if his connections to the WG is keeping him safe from other Emperors?
 

afromarco005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2015
Messages
1,331
Reaction score
1,900
Gender
Male
Country
France
I will never know why everytime sanji is discussed it always
I wanna see just how strong Shanks is. It feels like he didn't become an Emperor solely based on his strength, but his connections, given he was able to get the Marines to stop warring and was able to walk in a World Government property and meet Im without an issue. Even though he was strong enough to be a rival for the World's Greatest Swordsman, it wouldn't necessarily mean Shanks would be an Emperor. What if his connections to the WG is keeping him safe from other Emperors?
Yes I think that Shanks is the most relevant yonko to the story with BB, he knows where and what the One piece is, after all he was on roger's ship back in the days.

I rank him slightly lower than the world strongest swordsman by a hair. I wish that Shanks would be the kind of guy who doesnt shine just by his strenght alone but by his intelligence wits and charisma.
 
Last edited:

Hannibal Psyche

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
9,224
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Wow, a human being having emotions, what a rare sight! Totally unlike you, Germa Hannibal Psyche.
There's this thing called maturity, something along the lines of being in control of one's emotions.

Emotions are not an excuse to act childishly, only children throw tantrums because they can't control their emotions.

If you can't control your emotions, it means you lack discipline. Not something to be proud of.

Nothing wrong with getting upset online, there's something wrong with acting childishly, throwing tantrums and being rude just because you're upset. Maturity bud.

Maybe you're not learned in that regard, but if everyone acted out simply based on emotion, only disorder will come of it, lol.
 
Last edited:

Deleted member 169696

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Emotions are not an excuse to act childishly, only children throw tantrums because they can't control their emotions.

If you can't control your emotions, it means you lack discipline. Not something to be proud of.
Says who? Your inability to articulate yourself in a respectful manner is a very childish trait of yours. Take your own advice. People get angry at you (and I've seen plenty) not because you're right and they're wrong, I had many debates with all kinds of forum members and had no problems agreeing with my opponents. Even with you I often times had to agree with you on different matters even when you acted like a total ....

The issue is you who misquotes and misunderstands and rarely admits that he's wrong. You refuse to grow up and seem to take things personally when they're not even directed at you. You yourself get all emotional when you showcase your inability to understand "Sanji fans" as you put it. Look at these Sanji fans who're not upset with the character. This is you being emotional. You'll make every argument work in your favor just because. You called me out for quoting your post and arguing about what was not argued and moments later you're not happy with the fact that I accused you of the very same thing, and then you got all defensive because it's a "public forum". Grow up. You're a total hypocrite.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I will never know why everytime sanji is discussed it always

Yes I think that Shanks is the most relevant yonko to the story with BB, he knows where and whet the One piece is after all he was on roger's ship back in the days.

I rank him slightly lower than the strongest swordsman by a hair. I wish that Shanks would be the kind of guy who doesnt shine just by his strenght alone but by his intelligence wits and charisma.
I don't know, a member here mentioned that Shanks and Buggy didn't go to Raftel or get to One Piece for some reason. If he does know where One Piece is though, why haven't more people tried to go after him for the location, or why haven't the Marines tried to kill him? There's no way the World Government would want Shanks free, and no other Emperor or pirates have mentioned going after Shanks for the location of One Piece. Wonder if he knows something that's in a way keeping the World Government hostage or him safe from the World Government for the time being.

It also seems Shanks has no desire to go after the One Piece, like Whitebeard. If his crew is small, similar to Luffy's, then I guess that says a lot about their strength.

Dunno, it's hard to rank him as a swordsman.
There's this thing called maturity, something along the lines of being in control of one's emotions.

Emotions are not an excuse to act childishly, only children throw tantrums because they can't control their emotions.

If you can't control your emotions, it means you lack discipline. Not something to be proud of.

Nothing wrong with getting upset online, there's something wrong with acting childishly, throwing tantrums and being rude just because you're upset. Maturity bud.

Maybe you're not learned in that regard, but if everyone acted out simply based on emotion, only disorder will come of it, lol.
Quite funny, coming from you. Your jabs and condescending posts (among other stuff) show you lack maturity and discipline as well. Didn't you leave because people said your rudeness took away their enjoyment of this forum? And yet you're back at it again. You accused me of being biased towards Sanji based on nothing but me defending him objectively and proceeded to tell me I'm wrong about myself. Jeez.
He met Im? :hmm
Wasn't he trying to meet Im, at least? This was during the Reverie before the focus went back to Luffy and others arriving at Wano, I believe?
 

afromarco005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2015
Messages
1,331
Reaction score
1,900
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't know, a member here mentioned that Shanks and Buggy didn't go to Raftel or get to One Piece for some reason. If he does know where One Piece is though, why haven't more people tried to go after him for the location, or why haven't the Marines tried to kill him? There's no way the World Government would want Shanks free, and no other Emperor or pirates have mentioned going after Shanks for the location of One Piece. Wonder if he knows something that's in a way keeping the World Government hostage or him safe from the World Government for the time being.

It also seems Shanks has no desire to go after the One Piece, like Whitebeard. If his crew is small, similar to Luffy's, then I guess that says a lot about their strength.

Dunno, it's hard to rank him as a swordsman.

Quite funny, coming from you. Your jabs and condescending posts (among other stuff) show you lack maturity and discipline as well. Didn't you leave because people said your rudeness took away their enjoyment of this forum? And yet you're back at it again. You accused me of being biased towards Sanji based on nothing but me defending him objectively and proceeded to tell me I'm wrong about myself. Jeez.


Wasn't he trying to meet Im, at least? This was during the Reverie before the focus went back to Luffy and others arriving at Wano, I believe?
I agree, Shanks is most probably not going after the one piece otherwise he would be pirate king by now.

Maybe he knows what the one piece is even if he didnt go on the dangerous island himself, the crew talk to each other and I doubt that something as big as finding the one piece or going to raftel would not be discussed among the crewmates.

On another note, I think that he has many allies under his flag, to control a territory etc requires manpower he cant have everything done by a small crew no matter how talented they are.

I think that Shanks has something of value to the world government, or at the very least they have common interests that justify them being able to talk normally as seen during reverie.

It would be funny if Shanks had a low bounty given his role with the governement. Plus he seems to be quite the pacifist, he went to try and avoid the war by talking to whitebeard, he stopped the war with his crew, even in the begining of the story he let random bandits smash alchool bottles over him laughing it off.
Compared to the likes of Drunkard Kaido who is raising an army or the crazy big Meme he seem like a pretty reasonable guy.

Strenght wise I would put Shanks tied to Big Mom and a little bit weaker than Kaido in physical strenght, however if its confirmed that he has no DF he has most probably the strongest haki among the yonko.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Do we know if Shanks has a black blade ? I cant seem to remember
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
Wasn't he trying to meet Im, at least? This was during the Reverie before the focus went back to Luffy and others arriving at Wano, I believe?
He wanted an audience with Gorosei. I doubt that Shanks even knows about Im's existence.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I agree, Shanks is most probably not going after the one piece otherwise he would be pirate king by now.

Maybe he knows what the one piece is even if he didnt go on the dangerous island himself, the crew talk to each other and I doubt that something as big as finding the one piece or going to raftel would not be discussed among the crewmates.

On another note, I think that he has many allies under his flag, to control a territory etc requires manpower he cant have everything done by a small crew no matter how talented they are.

I think that Shanks has something of value to the world government, or at the very least they have common interests that justify them being able to talk normally as seen during reverie.

It would be funny if Shanks had a low bounty given his role with the governement. Plus he seems to be quite the pacifist, he went to try and avoid the war by talking to whitebeard, he stopped the war with his crew, even in the begining of the story he let random bandits smash alchool bottles over him laughing it off.
Compared to the likes of Drunkard Kaido who is raising an army or the crazy big Meme he seem like a pretty reasonable guy.

Strenght wise I would put Shanks tied to Big Mom and a little bit weaker than Kaido in physical strenght, however if its confirmed that he has no DF he has most probably the strongest haki among the yonko.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Do we know if Shanks has a black blade ? I cant seem to remember
If he found out what One Piece is about, then he probably chose not to go after it because he's incapable of doing anything, and that's perhaps why he bet his arm on Luffy and will back him. Makes me wonder if they will truly fight, and how Shanks will be beaten. It's possible that the crew who went to Raftel stayed silent because they feared that telling anyone else could put them in danger or upset them (Rayleigh implied that the knowledge they picked up is pretty depressing or horrible), and they didn't feel the need to tell anyone.

Dunno, that might say a lot for his power if it's just him and his small crew with no backing from anyone. What territory does he have anyway?


Shanks seems to be pretty laidback, and it could be why the World Government aren't going after him despite the fact that he's an Emperor who used to sail with Roger, and the WG went HAM in trying to find and destroy anything even remotely associated with Roger. But he's also strong enough to stop Akainu's magma punch and be respected by Mihawk as a rival. And to be fair, Kaidou despite wanting revenge was open to recruiting Luffy because of his power.

How can you determine where to put Shanks? He did fight off Kaidou to prevent him from reaching Marineford to kill Whitebeard, and he and his tiny crew are enough to not be challenged to a war by any of the Yonkou or the Marines, who have large forces. He does seem to have a high-level haki though.


Shanks hasn't shown a black blade yet, if he has any.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

He wanted an audience with Gorosei. I doubt that Shanks even knows about Im's existence.
Oh, I think that was it, and I got confused because we did see Shanks and Im in the same chapter few panels apart, no?
 

Eiyuu Yami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2018
Messages
739
Reaction score
1,593
Age
30
Country
Austria
All the circumstances came from the Raid Suit, not Sanji's battle prowess.

  1. The first hit on Page One came from the Invisibility of the Raid Suit.
  2. The 2nd major hit which is implied to be the conclusion of that encounter came from the fact Sanji took a heavy hit, but Sanji was unscathed THANKS to the Raid Suit which allowed Sanji to attack from a Blind Spot that led to a finishing blow that defeated Page One who was probably not able to defend himself.
Without the Raid Suit, we'd have had a completely different sort of fight. That much is a fact.

I more or less agree here. We still don't know how Non-RS-Sanji would have farred against P1. Initially he was only confident in taking P1 down and with RS as only a disguise.

You said you didn't want to hear about scientific reasons as to why Zoro lost consciousness due to blood loss and apparent hunger. You then go on to talk about momentum which is pretty much scientific in regard to the generation of power. You're using science when it suits you, but ignoring it when it doesn't. That is hypocritical, nothing to be offended about, but it's a double-standard, all I'm saying.
You are literally making stuff up. Either this or your reading comprehension still has a lot of room for growth. Here, this is what I said.

Earth is flat. Before anyone jumps on me with the science stuff, don't bother...
I am basically just ridiculing Nik's statement.

Okay, Sanji activated his accelerators, travelled at very fast speeds and used the momentum to swoop in and land a very powerful kick against Page One.



What was Page One doing when Sanji used his accelerators? Spinning around on one spot because Sanji was invisible, he had no idea where he disappeared to.

Now on to my point. What did Page One do the moment he saw Sanji transform?



He POUNCED at Sanji.

What does this mean? It means if he could see Sanji? He wouldn't have given Sanji the chance to build all that momentum. He would have chased Sanji and kept the battle in close-distance. We saw what 1 swing from his arms did just by literally being next to him, he sent him flying.

We'd have seen Page One defends more adequately, dodge attacks, tank if necessary. He couldn't because Sanji was invisible. Sanji wouldn't have easily had the chance to built distance for momentum or easily overpower Page One in close-distance given that he couldn't even block Page One's attack without being thrown into a row of buildings, the fight may have lasted much longer too.

The reason why the above didn't happen is because he had no choice but to stay a sitting duck, and that's ultimately why he lost. The suit more or less handed that victory to Sanji.

Such a victory doesn't reflect Sanji's battle prowess. I couldn't say based on this fight that Sanji would defeat Page One without the suit. Even when Sanji attacked Page One without the suit or all the advantages it provided, he didn't do much damage even though it was also a surprise attack.

The Suit more or less took away Page One's ability to actually engage and really fight.
You are literally assuming that P1 would have no problems cornering Sanji, which is baseless.

Any moderately powerful individual would defeat an even stronger opponent if they were in the same situation as Sanji. Invisibility and enhanced durability.
Even Yonji? The dude that was off panelled by DJ Sanji? Again, the RS alone won't make this strong. It took Sanji's strength + the suit to beat P1 this easily and nonchalantly.

What scene is this?
In Alabasta when Vivi confronted the rebellion army and Mr2 came as Usopp to trick here.



Vergo point: Look at the scene where Sanji used Flange Strike against Vergo.

They literally clashed head on and Sanji outspeeded him and sent him flying with flange strike.
 

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2018
Messages
655
Reaction score
580
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Even Yonji? The dude that was off panelled by DJ Sanji? Again, the RS alone won't make this strong. It took Sanji's strength + the suit to beat P1 this easily and nonchalantly
The RS alone does make you strong enough in a sense. Are you saying Sanji off-paneled Yonji while Yonji had his suit activated?

The thing with trying to claim something that's not shown is that you have zero evidence for it.

Hence why someone like Moe is called out each time to back up his fantasy logic.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

How can you determine where to put Shanks?
You don't. It's already clearly established. He's a Yonko – one of the 4 most powerful pirates in the world.
You don't get there by connection. You show-off your ridiculous strength, abilities, and resourcefulness to get there.

He gives off the same vibe as every other Yonko we've seen if not more. He's surely crazy powerful.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If he found out what One Piece is about, then he probably chose not to go after it because he's incapable of doing anything
I don't think so. A man doesn't just bet his hands on an upcoming talent save that he believes that upcoming talent will make it to the very top.
And who in the world encourages someone to do something and then go on to do that thing themselves without giving the encouraged one a chance (hope I'm still making sense). That shows he doesn't believe in the person in the first place. Only a d*** would do such whereas Shanks is one of the more good-natured characters you'll ever find in the series.

No matter how easy the chance Shanks gets to be PK (clearly assuming here). He's most likely not going to take it for well known reasons.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

My theory, but it's not impossible to happen. Are you saying you don't see Luffy, Kidd, and Law teaming up to get at Kaido at first, but doo leaves Luffy fighting solo later?
This isn't about me this is about you. I already gave my opinion on the Kaido battle don't let it drag on for the 10th time.

But now you've clarified yourself.
"Your theory" is all the answer I needed to hear.
Took a while but good to know.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
You can get there by connection if you're strong enough but no one would want to mess with you, especially if you have the WG's backing. I'm not saying he's weak though, there's no way he could have blocked Akainu's magma punch if he was.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't think so. A man doesn't just bet his hands on an upcoming talent save that he believes that upcoming talent will make it to the very top.
And who in the world encourages someone to do something and then go on to do that thing themselves without giving the encouraged one a chance (hope I'm still making sense). That shows he doesn't believe in the person in the first place. Only a d*** would do such whereas Shanks is one of the more good-natured characters you'll ever find in the series.

No matter how easy the chance Shanks gets to be PK (clearly assuming here). He's most likely not going to take it for well known reasons.
I'm basing this on what I read about Roger and what happened after he discovered One Piece. Someone here linked me to that page (I forgot which thread) when we were talking about something. I forgot which thread and what I asked that made the person linked me though, but it cited sources.

And you aren't making any sense. I'm saying that if SHanks knows about One Piece, then he chose not to go after it as he can't do anything but instead, he has faith in Luffy given Luffy reminds him of Roger, whose illness kept him from doing what a D apparently needs to do. Shanks likely decided not to go after One Piece before he met Luffy but likely wants Luffy to go after it as he believes in him. I think we agree?

Yeah, I don't think Shanks cares about becoming the Pirate King. Neither he nor Whitebeard cared about that sort of stuff, whereas Roger did as he loved being loud and flashy. And as Zou revealed, Shanks doesn't even need to fight the other Emperors or go on their territory if he knows how to get to Raftel.
 

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2018
Messages
655
Reaction score
580
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
You can get there by connection if you're strong enough but no one would want to mess with you, especially if you have the WG's backing. I'm not saying he's weak though, there's no way he could have blocked Akainu's magma punch if he was.
You can?
Back it up then. Name one Yonko who got there by connection.

The Yonko are ridiculously powerful people and that's something very consistent in the story. They are well known and feared for that. It's mostly bcos of this hardly anyone messes with them. It's for this reason they each have their own territory coupled with the capable combatants that flock around them who are nowhere near their Captain's level (it's funny someone asked what territory does Shanks own) - are they reading One Piece at all?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And you aren't making any sense. I'm saying that if SHanks knows about One Piece, then he chose not to go after it as he can't do anything but instead, he has faith in Luffy given Luffy reminds him of Roger
You are heavily implying here that even if Shanks knows about One Piece he didn't go after it bcos "he can't do anything" about it.

Perhaps you should clarify your statement first before I make a fitting response.
So when you say he can't do anything about it, are you saying he:
a) doesn't have the power to do anything about it?
b) doesn't have the resource?
c) lacks the manpower (which is connected to (b))
d) doesn't want to?
e) Scared perhaps?
f) more than one of the aforementioned?
g) something else only you and a few others know and aren't telling?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
You can?
Back it up then. Name one Yonko who got there by connection.

The Yonko are ridiculously powerful people and that's something very consistent in the story. They are well known and feared for that. It's mostly bcos of this hardly anyone messes with them. It's for this reason they each have their own territory coupled with the capable combatants that flock around them who are nowhere near their Captain's level (it's funny someone asked what territory does Shanks own) - are they reading One Piece at all?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



You are heavily implying here that even if Shanks knows about One Piece he didn't go after it bcos "he can't do anything" about it.

Perhaps you should clarify your statement first before I make a fitting response.
So when you say he can't do anything about it, are you saying he:
a) doesn't have the power to do anything about it?
b) doesn't have the resource?
c) lacks the manpower (which is connected to (b))
d) doesn't want to?
e) Scared perhaps?
f) more than one of the aforementioned?
g) something else only you and a few others know and aren't telling?
One of the reasons why Big Mom is so feared is because of her information network and ability to blackmail anyone, which likely played a part in her rise. I forgot if Blackbeard became an Emperor after taking over most of Whitebeard's territories, or after beating the remnants of Whitebeard crew, but I think the former? What's funny about me asking Shanks's territories?


Assuming One Piece is about the Void Century or history and the impact it has now, he can't do anything. His OP Wikipedia also states that the WG leave him alone because he isn't trying to change the world, something that Roger wanted to do but couldn't due to his terminal illness. And didn't I imply that him not being a D is likely why he hasn't made a move to go after One Piece or try to change the world?

I also stated some of the info I got was from the link a user showed me. Look for it if you want. One downside though is that I have no idea if I'm stating what the manga said, or what a fan wrote (based on what the manga has said).
 

afromarco005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2015
Messages
1,331
Reaction score
1,900
Gender
Male
Country
France
Maybe the raftel thing requires the voice of all things or the will of D, and Shanks has neither as far as we were shown
 

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2018
Messages
655
Reaction score
580
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
One of the reasons why Big Mom is so feared is because of her information network and ability to blackmail anyone, which likely played a part in her rise. I forgot if Blackbeard became an Emperor after taking over most of Whitebeard's territories, or after beating the remnants of Whitebeard crew, but I think the former? What's funny about me asking Shanks's territories?


Assuming One Piece is about the Void Century or history and the impact it has now, he can't do anything. His OP Wikipedia also states that the WG leave him alone because he isn't trying to change the world, something that Roger wanted to do but couldn't due to his terminal illness. And didn't I imply that him not being a D is likely why he hasn't made a move to go after One Piece or try to change the world?

I also stated some of the info I got was from the link a user showed me. Look for it if you want. One downside though is that I have no idea if I'm stating what the manga said, or what a fan wrote (based on what the manga has said).
Alright... now I understand you better since you base your assumptions from that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Maybe the raftel thing requires the voice of all things or the will of D, and Shanks has neither as far as we were shown
If this were the requirements it took, then I'd have no complaints.
But it's all under assumptions and speculations when we are discussing anything Raftel or Void Century based since we have little information to decipher from.

Surely, things will get clearer if and when Oda addresses them.
 

Hannibal Psyche

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
9,224
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Says who? Your inability to articulate yourself in a respectful manner is a very childish trait of yours.
More like your inability to read properly.

Only reason you claim disrespect is because you're emotional about disagreements which is an odd behaviour to have on an online forum.

You couldn't even dissect any of my comments to show how they're grammatically incorrect, so you're once again making excuses. As I said, your reading comprehension here is at fault.

People get angry at you (and I've seen plenty) not because you're right and they're wrong
Getting angry at someone is irrelevant. Whether they think they're wrong or right is no reason to be angry. It's childish to get mad at someone for disagreeing with you. You're immature if that's your reasoning.

I had many debates with all kinds of forum members and had no problems agreeing with my opponents.
It has nothing to do with agreeing.

If you think it has anything to do with agreeing, then like I said, you're lacking in maturity.

If someone doesn't agree with you, it's not valid reason to get upset.

Even with you I often times had to agree with you on different matters even when you acted like a total ....
The problem at the end of the day is you lack maturity. You're getting upset for trivial reasons. People don't have to agree or share similar opinions to have a civil discussion.

The issue is you who misquotes and misunderstands and rarely admits that he's wrong.
Nope, you're definitely wrong here.

Didn't misquote you once, or you'd show it.

You're the one who misunderstand.



How does saying
  1. he defeated an opponent that couldn't see him
  2. or anyone can hit an opponent that can't see...
be translated as implying choice? That's poor reading comprehension on your part. That statement has nothing to do with choice. Any English Teacher would tell you that.

You're the same person claiming I misunderstand when you took what I said and replied based on what other people said. You're being amusingly and highly hypocritical.

You yourself get all emotional when you showcase your inability to understand "Sanji fans" as you put it.
Sorry, but you're not making a scintilla of sense here bud. Saying I don't understand is to say their logic is flawed. Again, your reading comprehension is not great because critiquing thought process or rationale has nothing to do with being emotional. Objectively, you're making 0 sense.

Look at these Sanji fans who're not upset with the character.
Okay, so you clearly lack the ability to read in context, lol.

I can quote myself.
Most of you proclaim to be fans of Sanji, yet you criticise people for pointing out Sanji's poor portrayal. If anything, you guys should be venting out on Oda on his treatment of Sanji, not for people for pointing out the truth.
Your reading comprehension is progressively being proven to be bad or you're simply too emotional to read comprehensively or you're a liar.

I didn't say Sanji fans should be upset, lol.

If you actually read properly, I said instead of Sanji fans getting mad at people for pointing out the truth about Sanji's poor portrayal, they should be upset at Oda.

That's not the same thing as saying be upset. My point was Sanji fans getting mad at people for disagreeing with their estimation of Sanji. That is the subject. It's not complex English at any level.

You called me out for quoting your post and arguing about what was not argued
I called you out for responding to me with answers that had nothing to do with the discussion, lol. You were deflecting and strawmanning.

and moments later you're not happy with the fact that I accused you of the very same thing, and then you got all defensive because it's a "public forum".
Again, you're clearly not that great at reading or debating. We were talking about Sanji winning Page One, your excuse was bringing up choice which had nothing to do with the fight. It was irrelevant.

What I did was absolutely different. We weren't discussing anything. I took a random point you made and simply said he's not fast. It'd only be a strawman if we were initially arguing about the perception of Sanji's speed. This was your discussion with someone else. I merely contributed to it. It's a public forum at the end of the day, lol. You're the one getting upset.

Grow up. You're a total hypocrite.
Says you who more or less call people implicitly call others assholes for disagreeing with you, and call them Germa? And I'm the immature one?

You who call others out on not understanding, yet you...



...Inferred choice from a statement that had no reference to choice?

You can't call anyone a hypocrite bud.
 
Top