Of course it is necessary to illustrate where the king is. Soo Won as Kouka´s king is responsible for the security in his country. It seems strange when he was absent, when he was present in pretty much every other battle since his coronation. So it is a logical question.
Of course it is necessary to illustrate where the king is. Soo Won as Kouka´s king is responsible for the security in his country. It seems strange when he was absent, when he was present in pretty much every other battle since his coronation. So it is a logical question.
Thats a legit question. I am more interested in the potential consequences of his absence in the eyes of fire and sky. Actually, anything that doesnt involve another kidnapping i’m all for it.
I doubt it that Kusanagi won´t use it anymore. I think that many people inside of the Sky Tribe are still wary of Yona and Hak, since they helped in the coup. That could lead to a hunt of the Dragons and Yona, Hak, Yoon. I think that it is pretty clear that many people inside the Fire Tribe will worship Yona. Kyoga as the head of the Fire Tribe is harder to persuade. Actually I was surprised that he still followed Soo Won even though he seems to be a pretty honest person, but it seems that he is also a pretty practical person.
So I think it's clear now that this arc had 2 purposes:
1) Allow the Kings people, and therefore, the Soo-Won himself, to see the Dragons in action and see that they were in fact supernatural beings. Soo-Won had thought they were just strong people fighting with Yona, but now he'll know that they are in fact gifted with this magical power.
2) To show Yona's crew gaining popularity within the empire, and having Soo-Won's advisers see this, especially in regards to how much popularity as a general Hak has (and his skill), showing that they are a threat.
So while I may not like the idea of another kidnapping, this arc will drive the plot forward I think. Soo-Won was content to let Yona do her thing, she wasn't a threat with just her and 5 random guys guarding her. But now it's a different story. How will he react? Or will his followers try to take matters into their own hands? Yona's group cannot be ignored anymore after this arc.
I wonder what Gobi is going to do next... kidnap yona again or taunt the dragons, have that dragon shield materialize but only this time in front of all the fire and sky tribe troops? Personally, i wanna see kouka ‘fractured’ bec of them coz its getting boring.
Soo-Won was content to let Yona do her thing, she wasn't a threat with just her and 5 random guys guarding her. But now it's a different story. How will he react? Or will his followers try to take matters into their own hands? Yona's group cannot be ignored anymore after this arc.
Soowons prolly gonna keep on ignoring her and the dragons even after this. Coz if the author is still going to keep him in the ‘gray’ zone, soowon will just keep on ignoring her. If its finally the time to cross that threshold and soowon is going to antagonize the main cast then hes gonna act. But i think keishuk will act, maybe. I think there is a stark constrast between keishuk and soowons view of the dragons/gods. they may have the same goal, whatever that may be, but it seems keishuks will use whatever he can use while soowon is sticking to his ‘no heavens’ policy.
I am still waiting for some clever villain who would be a true challenge.
And after seeing Titia's back, I suppose Su-won's meeting with Kuelbo may turn into a family reunion. I would not mind if we finally get to know something more about his family.
I wonder what Gobi is going to do next... kidnap yona again or taunt the dragons, have that dragon shield materialize but only this time in front of all the fire and sky tribe troops? Personally, i wanna see kouka ‘fractured’ bec of them coz its getting boring.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Soowons prolly gonna keep on ignoring her and the dragons even after this. Coz if the author is still going to keep him in the ‘gray’ zone, soowon will just keep on ignoring her. If its finally the time to cross that threshold and soowon is going to antagonize the main cast then hes gonna act. But i think keishuk will act, maybe. I think there is a stark constrast between keishuk and soowons view of the dragons/gods. they may have the same goal, whatever that may be, but it seems keishuks will use whatever he can use while soowon is sticking to his ‘no heavens’ policy.
I can see Soowon doing all this knowing he'll die in the end, but not caring because he wants to leave the country stronger for the future ruler (Yona). But I can also see him take Keysook's advice and say "yes, we can no longer ignore Yona, we have to take them out". It will be interesting (and certainly more interesting than more kidnapping arcs).
I can see Soowon doing all this knowing he'll die in the end, but not caring because he wants to leave the country stronger for the future ruler (Yona).
I don't think that's where it's going, but I can see it being slightly possible. Su-won hasn't shown that he's actively evil, and he's kind of hinted at thinking there is something only he can do for the country and he will carry the burden of doing everything possible, including killing his uncle and driving away his cousin who he seems to love, to accomplish it. It feels like he is OK with being the tragic hero.
I don't think that's where it's going, but I can see it being slightly possible. Su-won hasn't shown that he's actively evil, and he's kind of hinted at thinking there is something only he can do for the country and he will carry the burden of doing everything possible, including killing his uncle and driving away his cousin who he seems to love, to accomplish it. It feels like he is OK with being the tragic hero.
Well, since Su-won started by defying readers' expectations, I hope he will end by defying readers' expectations, by which I mean he will not end up dying or giving up the throne or anything like this. I am quite sure that if he keeps on living and sitting on the throne as a good ruler, it will be an unexpected twist to most of the people who don't engage in the discussion about this manga.
Well, since Su-won started by defying readers' expectations, I hope he will end by defying readers' expectations, by which I mean he will not end up dying or giving up the throne or anything like this. I am quite sure that if he keeps on living and sitting on the throne as a good ruler, it will be an unexpected twist to most of the people who don't engage in the discussion about this manga.
I would be fine with that as well, Yona and Hak admitting that he's a good ruler. The one ending I don't think i could tolerate is Yona and Su-Won together, he murdered her father, and that is not something she should ever really be able to ignore and move past for a relationship.
The one ending I don't think i could tolerate is Yona and Su-Won together, he murdered her father, and that is not something she should ever really be able to ignore and move past for a relationship.
It really, really doubt this will happen. I may not be impressed by Hak & Yona, but Kusanagi made too much build-up for Hak & Yona. I seriously doubt that she will just throw it away out of the window to have Su-won and Yona together, especially since she seems to be making a build-up for Lily and Su-won as well.
Maybe at some point of the manga people will think that it would be a good idea if Su-won, who they think is a wise King, married Yona, the reincarnation of the Red Dragon, and it will put them in an awkward situation, but I cannot see it actually happening.
to anyone who wants context... i found some full page pics for chap 175 kissing scene https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6135706772. U might wanna view this from ur laptops coz as they say desktop version is always the best
kissing scene from both right and left angles. wow.
OMG! Keishuk thinks he can contain the dragons in hiryuu castle they’re practically unbeatable there. if shinah uses his powers there i dnt think he’d collapse. I’d love to see zenos earlier offer of taking down the castle with just the 4 of them. And he even thinks hak should mind himself... lol. I almost feel pity for keishuk.
Keishuk should do his research first on his enemies before inviting them. Sucks to be him.
And... i think the reason why judoh may have been unmarried even in his 30s is bec he thought he had a chance of marrying princess yona(becoming king). He was saving himself for that maybe
I hate to be the one to say this but yona is naively stupid. Thats what i can infer when she said she'd go along with keishuks plan bec its 'safer'. I am facepalming as we speak.
But on the bright side, keishuk does not fall behind. Dudes equally stupid. Probably hasnt heard of 'know thy enemy'.
I hate to be the one to say this but yona is naively stupid. Thats what i can infer when she said she'd go along with keishuks plan bec its 'safer'. I am facepalming as we speak.
But on the bright side, keishuk does not fall behind. Dudes equally stupid. Probably hasnt heard of 'know thy enemy'.
I thought that Yona will go, because she will want some answers knowing full well that it is risky and dangerous. I don't know why she thinks that going with Keishuk is safer? Does she provide argument for it?
As for Keishuk, I think his maxim is: "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"
I didnt read anything that suggests shes searching for answers. Only hak provided some sound argument against the decision.
It wouldve been better if she wanted to end the dragon cycle and then goes to hiryuu castle to search for answers. Coz the main problem is the dragons are being used as tools for war and everyone is out to get them for that exact reason. But none of that.
Hmm, I do think it's a little unintelligent of Yona to agree to head to Hiryuu castle but I saw this coming from a long time from the story progression viewpoint. With all the times Jae-Ha mentioned where to go after the party wraps up the war, Yoon's interest in the medical texts of sky tribe, I had an inkling that the next arc would definitely shift towards soo-won and hiryuu castle. I do feel this was necessary. They've been out in the open too long and there are too many mysteries about Soo-won. Not to mention, very less interaction with the protagonists. Advisor Kye-sook though...this fella always puts a foul taste in my mouth without fail.
It wouldve been better if she wanted to end the dragon cycle and then goes to hiryuu castle to search for answers. Coz the main problem is the dragons are being used as tools for war and everyone is out to get them for that exact reason. But none of that.
There are some that point out that Yona thinks it is safer, because there were two consecutive incidents where people were after the dragons and another argument would be that making it look that she is allied with Soo-won would decrease the danger of civil war. Well, hopefully there is more reasoning in this chapter or the next chapter.
There are some that point out that Yona thinks it is safer, because there were two consecutive incidents where people were after the dragons and another argument would be that making it look that she is allied with Soo-won would decrease the danger of civil war. Well, hopefully there is more reasoning in this chapter or the next chapter.
That would depend on her priorities. If you ask me and as i see it, her biggest priority is the safety of her family(ddhb) and then kouka comes second.
She has helped a lot of people in kouka and outside(xing) that if she just asks help from them to hide her and the dragons i think theyd give them sanctuary. That would satisfy her 2 priorities seeing shes hidden and not up and about globe-trotting courting kidnappers and such. Now since shes planning to accept the offer of the shadiest dude in the story, shes practically giving her family a death sentence whilst satisfying kye shuks plan of containing a possible civil war