Turn me on to phantoms

Stoicism


  • Total voters
    23

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
What was wrong with it? :lmao
Nothing was right. It had a 5 minutes long story unrelated random dance session with the main cast to an 80s song, why?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Nothing was right. It had a 5 minutes long story unrelated random dance session with the main cast to an 80s song, why?
Weird, didn't get anything like that from the trailer I saw.... definitely doesn't sound like my thing. :lmao
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,950
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
What are your thoughts on Grand Tack/Nice Model? :?bunny
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
What are your thoughts on Grand Tack/Nice Model? :?bunny
You mean the migration theories in general? Since Grant Tack and Nice Mode aren't exactly the same really? Dunno, too much we don't know there in regards to the whole accretion phase I guess. But honestly I'm not too familiar with them in specifics.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,950
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
I recently found out that Jupiter and Saturn are/were ones of the causes of Ice Age. Wow, so badass
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
I recently found out that Jupiter and Saturn are/were ones of the causes of Ice Age. Wow, so badass
I thought it was because of a... meteor? :wonder
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I believe a meteor is theorized to be part of the reason why the last one ended abruptly. Was a large extinction event too. 12,000-11,000 BC iirc.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,950
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
which Ice Age?
I thought it was because of a... meteor? :wonder
hmmmm drk, I guess all? Jupiter and Saturn are ones of the causes. Their gravitational tug changes Earth's orbital eccentricity periodically, sometimes more eccentric sometimes less eccentric. Solstice and equinox also change.

Also there are Milankovitch Cycle and The Great Inequality of Jupiter and Saturn... :headscratch
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It was a stupid question on my part, I think. Nothing about Jupiter or Saturn's orbit would have changed enough to help cause one ice age and not another most likely.

But with what @Pat said, I do believe that asteroidal impacts are blamed for some incidents of global cooling, I don't think it's fully understood what causes them though.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,950
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
hmm dunno, maybe like it changes our orbit to more elliptical and more far away from the Sun 🤔 there's considerable amount of articles that mention this duo. 🤷‍♂️

ah on asteroid thing, I read that Jupiter is also what to blame. It throws asteroids at us.

but the most important thing is... @Pat is also astronomy enthusiast?!?!?!?!?!?!? :wtf
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
I guess I'm not interested enough in the subject that I can be called an "enthusiast" but I usually take a look when I see a related topic. To the best of my knowledge, the commonly accepted theory was that the meteor crash had raised an enormous amount of dust into the air, blocking sunlight for centuries until it settled, causing Earth's temperature to drop to the levels that it'd create an ice age which resulted in the extinction of many species including most of the dinosaurs. First time I heard about Jupiter and Saturn's role in causing ice ages or Jupiter sending asteroids our way, not sure about the mechanics of the event considering that, like Gary said, their gravitational pull is miniscule compared to even the moon AFAIK but they may still cause some sort of disturbance I guess.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I guess I'm not interested enough in the subject that I can be called an "enthusiast" but I usually take a look when I see a related topic. To the best of my knowledge, the commonly accepted theory was that the meteor crash had raised an enormous amount of dust into the air, blocking sunlight for centuries until it settled, causing Earth's temperature to drop to the levels that it'd create an ice age which resulted in the extinction of many species including most of the dinosaurs. First time I heard about Jupiter and Saturn's role in causing ice ages or Jupiter sending asteroids our way, not sure about the mechanics of the event considering that, like Gary said, their gravitational pull is miniscule compared to even the moon AFAIK but they may still cause some sort of disturbance I guess.
I think that was a going theory with the extinction of the dinosaurs. But it must be said that there have been many ice ages all throughout the history of the earth. But Ahmad is right about Jupiter/Saturn still being involved even in asteroid or comets, since they're usually responsible for bringing them towards us a lot of the time.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
I think that was a going theory with the extinction of the dinosaurs. But it must be said that there have been many ice ages all throughout the history of the earth. But Ahmad is right about Jupiter/Saturn still being involved even in asteroid or comets, since they're usually responsible for bringing them towards us a lot of the time.
I see, the Earth is billions of years old, so it makes sense that it might have experienced quite a lot of ice ages, the one I mentioned is the most famous and also perhaps the most recent one? In any case, AFAIK Jupiter does more good than harm to the Earth regarding asteroids and comets since it's the most massive planet in the Solar System and actually draws such bodies, which may otherwise collide with us, to itself. It may potentially change the trajectory of a comet, increasing the chances that it may hit us I guess but still I don't think the astronomers would prefer not having Jupiter around us as a protective shield. :wonder
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I see, the Earth is billions of years old, so it makes sense that it might have experienced quite a lot of ice ages, the one I mentioned is the most famous and also perhaps the most recent one? In any case, AFAIK Jupiter does more good than harm to the Earth regarding asteroids and comets since it's the most massive planet in the Solar System and actually draws such bodies, which may otherwise collide with us, to itself. It may potentially change the trajectory of a comet, increasing the chances that it may hit us I guess but still I don't think the astronomers would prefer not having Jupiter around us as a protective shield. :wonder
Nah, the most recent Ice Age is approximately 12,000 BC. Well, I guess they might not have called it that and prefered using "glacial period". I guess it might be more accurate.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pat

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,950
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
what is you guys favorite planet?
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
Earth if it counts. :p

Honestly I haven't given much thought to the concept of favorite among planets, if I had to choose one, it'd be, well, Venus I guess since it traditionally represents the females.
 
Top