What was wrong with it?Watched episode one, it's garbage. Don't bother

What was wrong with it?Watched episode one, it's garbage. Don't bother

Nothing was right. It had a 5 minutes long story unrelated random dance session with the main cast to an 80s song, why?What was wrong with it?![]()
Weird, didn't get anything like that from the trailer I saw.... definitely doesn't sound like my thing.Nothing was right. It had a 5 minutes long story unrelated random dance session with the main cast to an 80s song, why?


You mean the migration theories in general? Since Grant Tack and Nice Mode aren't exactly the same really? Dunno, too much we don't know there in regards to the whole accretion phase I guess. But honestly I'm not too familiar with them in specifics.What are your thoughts on Grand Tack/Nice Model?![]()
which Ice Age?I recently found out that Jupiter and Saturn are/were ones of the causes of Ice Age. Wow, so badass
I thought it was because of a... meteor?I recently found out that Jupiter and Saturn are/were ones of the causes of Ice Age. Wow, so badass

which Ice Age?
hmmmm drk, I guess all? Jupiter and Saturn are ones of the causes. Their gravitational tug changes Earth's orbital eccentricity periodically, sometimes more eccentric sometimes less eccentric. Solstice and equinox also change.I thought it was because of a... meteor?![]()


I think that was a going theory with the extinction of the dinosaurs. But it must be said that there have been many ice ages all throughout the history of the earth. But Ahmad is right about Jupiter/Saturn still being involved even in asteroid or comets, since they're usually responsible for bringing them towards us a lot of the time.I guess I'm not interested enough in the subject that I can be called an "enthusiast" but I usually take a look when I see a related topic. To the best of my knowledge, the commonly accepted theory was that the meteor crash had raised an enormous amount of dust into the air, blocking sunlight for centuries until it settled, causing Earth's temperature to drop to the levels that it'd create an ice age which resulted in the extinction of many species including most of the dinosaurs. First time I heard about Jupiter and Saturn's role in causing ice ages or Jupiter sending asteroids our way, not sure about the mechanics of the event considering that, like Gary said, their gravitational pull is miniscule compared to even the moon AFAIK but they may still cause some sort of disturbance I guess.
I see, the Earth is billions of years old, so it makes sense that it might have experienced quite a lot of ice ages, the one I mentioned is the most famous and also perhaps the most recent one? In any case, AFAIK Jupiter does more good than harm to the Earth regarding asteroids and comets since it's the most massive planet in the Solar System and actually draws such bodies, which may otherwise collide with us, to itself. It may potentially change the trajectory of a comet, increasing the chances that it may hit us I guess but still I don't think the astronomers would prefer not having Jupiter around us as a protective shield.I think that was a going theory with the extinction of the dinosaurs. But it must be said that there have been many ice ages all throughout the history of the earth. But Ahmad is right about Jupiter/Saturn still being involved even in asteroid or comets, since they're usually responsible for bringing them towards us a lot of the time.

Nah, the most recent Ice Age is approximately 12,000 BC. Well, I guess they might not have called it that and prefered using "glacial period". I guess it might be more accurate.I see, the Earth is billions of years old, so it makes sense that it might have experienced quite a lot of ice ages, the one I mentioned is the most famous and also perhaps the most recent one? In any case, AFAIK Jupiter does more good than harm to the Earth regarding asteroids and comets since it's the most massive planet in the Solar System and actually draws such bodies, which may otherwise collide with us, to itself. It may potentially change the trajectory of a comet, increasing the chances that it may hit us I guess but still I don't think the astronomers would prefer not having Jupiter around us as a protective shield.![]()

is this a joke or '-'Uranus