Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
I have read it till +-60. Its sense of adventure is good but I dropped it since the story did not seem to have a main goal. Also Tsukasa(?) sucks.
His main goal is already explained in Ch1.... to revive civilization, so I dont get what you are saying. btw what's wrong with tsukasa?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'd say its way too late for it to be the next one piece especially since it is clear that it is starting to go towards its conclusion. Can only see it ending within the next two years.
you dont know that, you can say that to every manga. So that is just straight up lying lol.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I'm still waiting for the savior of adventure genre. If anyone know any manga in this way without obnoxious ecchi please let me know.
I'm so done with edgy stuff and the only things I'm reading with some enthusiasm in jump rn are One Piece, the to-be-cancelled Double Taisei and the cancelled Last Sayuuki.
I will tell you that this kind of manga has not attracted so many people since the end of Naruto, which marked the end of this era (taking black clover).
the jump tried with mitsubuki condor, demon's plan and golem heart but the mangas failed.
people today want something that takes itself seriously that is more dramatic and weighty.
yoakemono, even being canceled, we see manga like him in the jump doing success currently (kimetsu no yaiba, jujutsu kaisen for example).
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Well the name "Kawada" is a nickname he got because he used to look like the wrestler Kawada Toshiaki. He's also stated a number of times how big of a wrestling fan he is and how much Kinnikuman influenced him. I really want to see him attempt a battle manga and get some more recognition first, but I definitely feel like he's going to make something else combat-sport related, even if not straight away.
Well, I think he can always mix both styles. Do a battle shonen but with battle like DB tournament.
I think Kawada have potential to make a hit next time (like Matsui with Assclass), so either a pure battle shonen or a wrestling manga is fine to me.
Personally I would love if Kawada went to write a historical manga, ala Takehiko Inoue or even the Golden Kamuy author; who both went from sports series to do that. Tho If he does a wrestling/battle manga ala Kinnikuman it would be awesome too.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
His main goal is already explained in Ch1.... to revive civilization, so I dont get what you are saying. btw what's wrong with tsukasa?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



you dont know that, you can say that to every manga. So that is just straight up lying lol.
were like over 100 chapters into Dr. Stone. Its way too late for it to be or represent anything comparable to one piece reception wise as well as story building wise.
 

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
people today want something that takes itself seriously that is more dramatic and weighty.
I don't think so. People like compelling manga, and I think a lot of them being "serious" and "edgy" is more of a coincidence.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Kawada writing a historical samurai manga would be lit
126033 *501184 Neverland
*92900 *418232 Haikyuu
*65347 *292149 WT
*37205 *151028 Soma
*35364 *137190 Boruto
*23108 **99474 WNL
*22637 **70651 jigokurak
*14377 **68543 Yuuna
*11408 *285335 KnY
-
*11300 *568730 MHA
**8839 *340597 KnY4
**8744 *348747 KnY3
**8688 *334646 KnY5
**8660 *308733 KnY11
**8645 **39424 Neverland spinoff?
**8545 *328606 KnY6
**8542 *303348 KnY12
**8530 *286901 KnY14
**8472 *300404 KnY13
**8465 *313149 KnY7
**8336 1949788 One Piece
**8297 *367139 KnY1
**8289 *310730 KnY8
**8233 *304995 KnY9
**8141 *305200 KnY10
**7886 *353761 KnY2
**7731 *558527 Neverland13
Another boost for Jigo?
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I don't think so. People like compelling manga, and I think a lot of them being "serious" and "edgy" is more of a coincidence.
so why so far we have not had a manga with a more adventurous theme pleasing people?
Of course we have samurai 8 and he will be a success, but he has enough divided opinions.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
people today want something that takes itself seriously that is more dramatic and weighty.
Didn't someone post that ecchi rom-com on Jump+ is doing super well? I haven't read it but I doubt it takes itself seriously. Spy x Family seems to be doing well too and that sure doesn't. Sure they're free to read on Jump+ but if you're already buying WSJ anyway to read MHA/BC/OP/etc then David is "free" to read too.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
That Spy x Family cover looks kinda dull. I was hoping for something similar to the colour page at the start.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Didn't someone post that ecchi rom-com on Jump+ is doing super well? I haven't read it but I doubt it takes itself seriously. Spy x Family seems to be doing well too and that sure doesn't. Sure they're free to read on Jump+ but if you're already buying WSJ anyway to read MHA/BC/OP/etc then David is "free" to read too.
I'm just talking about jump, I'm not talking about jump +.
OP does not enter into the conversation, because it is an old manga and he also tackles serious issues and has very dramatic moments.
MHA is another evolution, a next step, after all it is not a totally light and fun adventure, come Touga fight in the past chapters.
Black clover is the only one of the 3 that is in fact a totally lightweight adventure.
And david kun had a falling sales in the second volume and people lost interest in him.
But I'm talking about battle shonen and not comedy manga.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Imagine being so obsessed with an author you hate, that you need to create your own fantasy world where everyone who don't say Tsukuda is a bad writer is excusing him.
So calm down and then, maybe we will resume the topic.
Like I said that excuse doesnt make sense and you cherry picking didnt really help either. I dont hate the author/duo or any mangaka for that matter excluding Watsuki maybe but that's more personal. Do I hate/dislike the series they made? Yes, rightfully so.

I dont see how calling someone a bad writer is hating them, maybe you should stop being sensitive about the matter? Being a "bad writer" isnt the end of the world...you can improve...or at least I hope.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That Spy x Family cover looks kinda dull. I was hoping for something similar to the colour page at the start.
Or at least showing the other family members. This wouldve made a much better cover...
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Didn't someone post that ecchi rom-com on Jump+ is doing super well? I haven't read it but I doubt it takes itself seriously. Spy x Family seems to be doing well too and that sure doesn't. Sure they're free to read on Jump+ but if you're already buying WSJ anyway to read MHA/BC/OP/etc then David is "free" to read too.
You are talking about 2.5-Jigen no Yuuwaku, that is still Top 1 popular show on Shonen Jump+.

Current Top 5 in popularity
1. 2.5-Jigen no Yuuwaku (last chapter 5 days ago, newbie)
2. SPY x Family (last chapter 3 days ago)
3. Hachurui-chan wa Natsukanai (last chapter 2 days ago, newbie)
4. Jigokuraku (last chapter 2 days ago)
5. Abyss Rage (last chapter 7 days ago, with a new one coming today)
 
Last edited:

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
You are talking about 2.5-Jigen no Yuuwaku, that is still Top 1 popular show on Shonen Jump+.

Current Top 5 in popularity
1. 2.5-Jigen no Yuuwaku (last chapter 5 days ago, newbie)
2. SPY x Family (last chapter 3 days ago)
3. Hachurui-chan wa Natsukanai (last chapter 2 days ago, newbie)
4. Jigokuraku (last chapter 2 days ago)
5. Abyss Rage (last chapter 7 days ago, with a new one coming today)
well depends on where you look

first chapters are usually higher than average because you get free coins just reading them
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
well depends on where you look
I assume one is for the app and one for the web site? That would make sense.
P.S. Really glad Dorei Yuugi is doing well.
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
were like over 100 chapters into Dr. Stone. Its way too late for it to be or represent anything comparable to one piece reception wise as well as story building wise.
That's why I said "seems" on how much jump push this franchise to the max. Saying something like this manga will end in 2 years with no back-up is just an lying bold statement. Btw dont you mean "too early" than "Too late"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top