- Joined
- Apr 12, 2016
- Messages
- 4,125
- Reaction score
- 5,841
- Country
-
I just learned that Sket Dance & Astra lost in space are made by the same person. Wow, I'm super late lmao
I think the good thing that came with Bozebeats was the author. He did a great job drawing the Kimetsu side story that launched this year.Only good things that came out of Bozebeats are Monks with Guns and the dragon from chapter 1.
Cool shit alone won't sell a series. You have to draw cool shit WELL.Only good things that came out of Bozebeats are Monks with Guns and the dragon from chapter 1.
Dude what volume is this from, I remember people were saying this when the Build King one shot came out.Speaking of authors returning, I was randomly looking through Toriko volumes and saw:
I mean, the drawings looked pretty...up until they just became crappy digital smears...Cool shit alone won't sell a series. You have to draw cool shit WELL.
If you can't follow along with the cool looking shit then what's the point? Part of that does include writing skill, but if you can't draw exciting panelwork that is easy to follow then youre going to have a hard time finding success as a mangaka in this demographic.
Would Shimabukuro be able to adapt to the fast-paced modern environment, I wonder? I do think he has the creativity, at any rate.Dude what volume is this from, I remember people were saying this when the Build King one shot came out.
It looks like Shimabu loves taking the most mundane things and turning them into battle shonens. I fucking love it. Shimabu has to return but I feel like it will be a short run (at least compared to Toriko), maybe around 20 or so volumes long.
Fast paced?I mean, the drawings looked pretty...up until they just became crappy digital smears...
Look, I just brought up Bozebeats because it was the purest example of style of substance I could think of, okay?
Would Shimabukuro be able to adapt to the fast-paced modern environment, I wonder?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm actually in favor of that tbh. I think Jump+ would work well for Shimabu or veterans coming from long serialized series.I would personally prefer veteran author to return in something like Jump+ for more flexibility and creative freedom, even though that means significantly less popularity
I say that writing-wise, not art. Samurai 8 kinda tells me that Kishi struggles to break out of the habitual writing style that was prevalent when Naruto was running, so I'm left wondering if Shimabukuro would be the same or different.I'd say the modern environment is less fast paced now that digital art is the norm.
Toriko is fast paced...so many arcs where like 8-15 chapters long. There were arcs like Ice Hell that was close to 40 chapters long but weren't the norm in the Human World Saga. Gourmet World was around ~20 chapters in each arc before the pacing went to shit.I say that writing-wise, not art. Samurai 8 kinda tells me that Kishi struggles to break out of the habitual writing style that was prevalent when Naruto was running, so I'm left wondering if Shimabukuro would be the same or different.
I don't find that accurate either though.I say that writing-wise, not art. Samurai 8 kinda tells me that Kishi struggles to break out of the habitual writing style that was prevalent when Naruto was running, so I'm left wondering if Shimabukuro would be the same or different.
Toriko and Black Clover had/have insanely fast pacing. That's one of the reasons why I enjoy both as much as I did/do.
Yeah...I haven't read Toriko, sorry. It's on my to read list.Yeah, acting like Shima's pacing is "too slow" makes me think this dudes never read Toriko, or anything from Jump pre 2018 for that matter.
That's what they all say, a nice way of saying I dont want to read itYeah...I haven't read Toriko, sorry. It's on my to read list.

Nah I read Toriko, Steel Ball Run (even though i started in 2017, halfway through and got bored), Slam Dunk, Black Cat all of last year. Didn't even read One Piece till half way through Dressrosa arc.That's what they all say, a nice way of saying I dont want to read it![]()