- Joined
- Nov 6, 2018
- Messages
- 84
- Reaction score
- 91
- Age
- 35
- Country
-
Yo MangAniMY, any updated charts after this week's sales data?
yesYo MangAniMY, any updated charts after this week's sales data?

It’s really hard to predict eras as they’re happening but I actually kinda feel this. Certainly a different sort of Jump coming up. A more globally influenced one, maybe. Like JJK and Act Age are pretty Japanese, but Chainsaw Man and Samurai 8 look like they have influences from all overI have the feeling the end of an era is coming already. An era that started with Hero Academia (manga and anime) and that is going to end with Dr.Stone anime.
Personally, I don't include Jujutsu Kaisen and Act-age in that era. I think both of them are part of the new era that is starting to get motion already (both of them + Chainsawman + Samurai 8). Is a feeling I have.
I have no preference. My favorite ongoing series (and all time) is Kingdom which is from Young Jump. WSJ is more well known because of the hits after hits it has released not just in Japan but worldwide. More hits from a single source means more recognition so it instantly becomes something people go to check out first. That's all there is to it.Can I ask you guys something, as a serious question - not to provoke anything. Why so you like Weekly Shounen Jump so much? Is it because of the popularity of the bigger series in it? Or do you see a real quality advantage compared to other similar magazines? This thread is getting a lot more attention than Sunday etc and I truly wonder if it's grounded in some kind of historical habitual popularity from DB, OP etc or if you really think "This magazine deserves my attention more than the others" or is it maybe just a question of comfortable availabity?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You're the only reason I keep coming back to this thread. Not lying.
Vol. 39Dude what volume is this from, I remember people were saying this when the Build King one shot came out.
It looks like Shimabu loves taking the most mundane things and turning them into battle shonens. I fucking love it. Shimabu has to return but I feel like it will be a short run (at least compared to Toriko), maybe around 20 or so volumes long.
Please stop sharing random tweets from random youtubers and twitter accounts here. If they have legit new information, then its fine. Otherwise, it's just an eyesore.
Ayy rain took over twitter![]()
Are you crazy or you dont really know what's going on with jump? It's in an way better place than in the 2010 were only a couple were an hit Outside of Japan. Now almost everyone know which manga are in jump, DO YOU KNOW.. how much TPN sells?, I can say it sells more than mha and it's an massive hitWSJ for me has a nostalgic aspect as most of the first manga I've read is from that magazine.
Regarding the access to the mangas, it was really easier (and still is thanks to mangaplus) to read the manga from this magazine for a person who can not read japanese. Moroever, even with scans, it was a lot easier to find them for the WSJ mangas than for the others.
I think that's what made me really attached to WSJ, mainly by default I would say as for a long time I could mostly read his mangas.
Putting that aspect aside, generally the mangas in WSJ are really good imo, so I naturally pay attention to what is coming new in the magazine, a thing that I do not necesseraly do for other mags (and again, scan are difficult to find for some series as Blue Lock for example). However, I think that the WSJ is in a weird time right now, lots of new series but none of them seems to really be a big thing even if most of them are great. I think that we are in a transition period right now.
To conclude, WSJ is still on the top for me as it is the mag that I know the best, series are top quality and it is easy to have access to the chapters every week (which I think is a really important factor).
Sorry for the long post !
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I agree. TPN, dr.stone, demon slayer come on the same era point so having drstone end too will be the next gate of an new eraI have the feeling the end of an era is coming already. An era that started with Hero Academia (manga and anime) and that is going to end with Dr.Stone anime.
Personally, I don't include Jujutsu Kaisen and Act-age in that era. I think both of them are part of the new era that is starting to get motion already (both of them + Chainsawman + Samurai 8). Is a feeling I have.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
It opens an new discussion, we have all the right to do thatPlease stop sharing random tweets from random youtubers and twitter accounts here. If they have legit new information, then its fine. Otherwise, it's just an eyesore.
It opens ZERO new discussions about WSJ and information related to the magazine which is what this thread is about. Not about what some random twitter "personality" thinks of something. There's a difference.It opens an new discussion, we have all the right to do that
HxH got an anime in less than a year. It was popular.I am not saying that S8 shouldn't be criticized but people forget that a Manga like Dragonball which was Toriyama's second series too, wasn't that well received either at the beginning, especially compared to Dr. Slump and i can understand that as the beginning of Slump is far better than DB but Toriyama and Torishisma tried hard to get DB to what it is now and hopefully this will happen with S8 too. Not saying, that S8 is going to be the next DB but even though im dropping it for now, i believe that Kishimoto can turn around things easily and i wouldn't be surprised if people on Twitter and everywhere else would be going crazy for it in a few months. They should just take the feedback to heart.
I don't know about HxH's reception but i can imagine that it wasn't that good either in the beginning. The first chapters (probably by intent) are really bland and most readers couldn't have known what HxH was going for by the first few chapters.
No it doesnt, not one person here cares for Forneverwho's opinion, the same goes for any other random twitter user/YoutuberIt opens an new discussion, we have all the right to do that
I couldn't find Spy X Family in the list though.Tsugi ni kuru awards, awards voted by fans to the series with most promising future. In 2017 won Kaguya.
Chainsawman and SpyxFamily are nominated.
https://tsugimanga.jp/nominate2019-comics.html