Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
You are very old-fashioned.

Also, what the hell is "The Principal from Hell Arc" and why does it sound amazing.
What's wrong with old fashion, btw they arent that Old 🤧
 

westabyss

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2018
Messages
195
Reaction score
523
Country
Germany
Not in any order:

Soul Society, Bleach
Chunin Exam, Naruto
Chimera Ant, Hunter x Hunter
Impel Down / Alabasta, One Piece
Shohoku vs Sannoh, Slam Dunk (definitely would've forgotten about this one if i didn't see the post of Fujimaster. Maybe because Slam Dunk flows so well, i didn't really think about arcs)



HM: Search for the 7 Dragonballs (DB), Battle City (YGO), Red Light District (Kimetsu no Yaiba), Enies Lobby (OP), Rank Wars (World Trigger, can get a Top5 slot when its finished)
 

Kouzai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
39
Reaction score
46
Age
29
Country
Philippines
:3c

I was thinking in this other theme. What would be your favorite Shonen Jump arcs ever?
1. Mobichi(Beelzebub)
2. Frieza (DB)
3. Chunin Exam (Naruto)
4. Pain (Naruto)
5. Marineford (One Piece)

Honorable Mention
Return of Mitsui (SD)
Benizakura (Gintama)
Any arcs related to Saiki Kusuo
 

CuriousReborn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2013
Messages
638
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
:3c

I was thinking in this other theme. What would be your favorite Shonen Jump arcs ever?
In no particular order:
Varia arc in KHR
Battle city in YuGiOh
Ennis lobby in OP
Soul Society in Bleach
Basically every arc in Hikaru no go until
Sai disappearance
Mobichi arc in Beelzebub was basically the last good thing about it
Yorknew City arc in HxH

A lot of other manga comes to mind like Eyeshield 21, Slam Dunk, Rookies, Gintama, Shaman King, Dragon quest and a lot more, but I cant really give out a a single arcs because its been way too long and my memory is not the best. Also have a lot of backlog titles that im currently working on so this will change fast.

Just trying to mention arcs made me realize that I should work on my backlog while its the summer and I have free time.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
For me is:
1° Shohoku vs Sannoh (best match ever)
2° Frieza Arc
3° Soul Society Arc
4° Kyoto Arc
5° Pain Arc

Honorable Mentions:
Final Assassination (Ansatsu Kyoshitsu) - Deimon Devil Bats vs. Oujou White Knights (Eyeshield 21) - The Principal from Hell Arc (Sexy Commando).
Forgot to mention Chimera Ants (HxH) and Dark Tournament (YuYu Hakusho).
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Will shoseki ranking come out today?
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Seriously, what is the Principal from Hell Arc.
 

Belkac3m

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
164
Reaction score
185
Age
32
Country
Joker
1 arc per 1 manga :
-Chimera ant (HxH)
-Shohoku vs Sannoh (Slam dunk)
-Sasuke recovery mission/Chunin exams (Naruto)
-Chapter black (YYH)
-The first arc of bakuman
 

O_S_I

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 23, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
30
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
:3c

I was thinking in this other theme. What would be your favorite Shonen Jump arcs ever?
In no particular order:

Chimera Ant (HxH)
Whole Cake Island (OP)
Hades Sanctuary (Saint Seiya)
Cooking Festival (Toriko)
SA (Gintama)

Honorable Mentions:
Shohoku vs Sannoh (Slam Dunk)
Pain's Assault (Naruto)
Karasuno vs Inarizaki (Haikyu!!)
Deimon Devit Bats vs Shinryuji Naga (Eyeshield 21)

Not sure if this counts as an arc but, I really liked the White Album chase from JoJo Part 5
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
:3c

I was thinking in this other theme. What would be your favorite Shonen Jump arcs ever?

For me, top 5 arcs:
-1. 12 Houses Arc from Saint Seiya
-2. Battle City from Yu-Gi-Oh!
-3. Kamino Arc from My Hero Academia
-4. Varia Arc from Katekyo Hitman Reborn
-5. Tie between Raoh Arc from Hokuto no Ken and Ennies Lobby Arc from One Piece

I can perfectly be forgetting any other arc that I liked more but whatever
1. The whole Water 7/Enies Lobby arc in One Piece. “I want to live” is still the best moment in comics.
2. The Sennin World War in Hoshin Engi
3. The Fullbring Arc in Bleach (don’t @ me)
4. The America Road Trip in Shaman King
5. The Chimera Ant arc in Hunter x Hunter

That took way too long to come up with, and I’m sure I’d change my mind on them every time I’m asked
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
1. The whole Water 7/Enies Lobby arc in One Piece. “I want to live” is still the best moment in comics.
2. The Sennin World War in Hoshin Engi
3. The Fullbring Arc in Bleach (don’t @ me)
4. The America Road Trip in Shaman King
5. The Chimera Ant arc in Hunter x Hunter

That took way too long to come up with, and I’m sure I’d change my mind on them every time I’m asked
You are literally the singular human being I have seen who likes the Fullbringer Arc.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
You are literally the singular human being I have seen who likes the Fullbringer Arc.
It really helps to be a fan of Chris Claremont’s comics. The writing on the arc taps into that same rich well of paranoia and mind control, as well as showing Ichigo’s desperation to be relevant. Seriously the worst thing about the arc is just how low-key it is for weeks on end coming off the back of the biggest story arc in the series. Massively underloved
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
samurai 8 - improved a lot in these last 2 chapters, but nothing compared to the sold hype, should improve when you enter your first arc, just like naruto.
Double taisei - I do not know where the manga goes, and this was something I chose and still praise, after all it does not have the face that it is a normal sport manga, but different from the other 3 new ones, it does not have the face that has a long duration, if successful it should not last more than 100 chapters.
Beast children and TSS are well by the book, there is not much different in the two, only TSS stands out because of the first chapter.
Honestly, I think bc compliments also apply to TSS.
saiyuki - still good for me, sorry that is not in a good situation.
Kamio yui - The author did not like the original direction of the manga and decided to return to what he knew to do in the Nuraryhion era.
 

Felcis

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
150
Reaction score
243
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Saiyuki is like a Sunday manga with mix of Jump to me tbh. It reminds me of Rumiko Takahashi as well for some reason.
Huh, ironically I felt that Yui Kamio was really Ranma-like before the recent shift but more in terms of it's story. Art-wise Saiyuki is more like that era (also because kid heroes), though I remember Takahashi having a softer style.

I was thinking in this other theme. What would be your favorite Shonen Jump arcs ever?
Top five, only one per series:

1. Large-Scale-Invasion from WorldTrigger (with a huge distance to the rest... for me this arc redefined how large-scope shonen battle arcs can work)
2. The 4th Drift, including the Neo Amakusa Stuff in Psyren
3. Kamino Hideout Raid in My Hero Academia
4. Chunin Exams in Naruto, especially the first half
5. That flashback Arc in the last part of Rurouni Kenshin

Honorable mentions and series duplicates:
Stagiare in FoodWars, Old Piccolo Saga in Dragonball, Sasuke Retrieval + Hidan and Kakuzu Arc in Naruto, Stain Arc and Endeavor/Hawks Arc in HeroAca, Rank Wars in WorldTrigger (maybe not a traditional "arc", but whatever).
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
I will include 15 arcs I loved the most for each series in no order

1. Naruto- Chunnin Exams
2. HXH- Chimera Ant
3. YuGiOh-Battle City (if I put anime, I would have included Waking the Dragons which has one of the best duels for me, Yami vs Rafael Duel 1)
4. Psyren-Tenju's Root arc (aka Chapter 112 onwards where they ditched the unimportant side characters and replaced with the ones that were actually interesting)
5. Nisekoi- Mother arc
6. Black Clover- Elves arc
7. Kuroko no Basuke- Winter Cup
8. The Promised Neverland- Grace Field
9. Act-Age- Night of Galactic Railroad
10. Sket Dance- Switch On arc
11. Dragon Ball-Frieza Saga
12. Kimetsu no Yaiba- Spider Family Arc
13. Death Note-Part 1
14. MHA- U.A. Sports Festival
15. Hokenshitsu no Shinigami (yes, I will mention this one even though majority of it sucked)-Fuji's Disease Demon (peak of this manga and never came close)
 
Last edited:

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,294
Reaction score
7,324
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Favourite arcs is hard, maybe something like

1. Minus arc (Medaka Box)
2. Red Light District (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
3. Another Bites the Dust/Crazy Diamond (Jojo part 4)
4. Chuunin exams (Naruto)
5. Tenchou Gourin tournament (Otokojuku)



on another note, what is even going on with Yui Kamio? I get that it's desperately trying to latch onto some kind of fanbase but it's doing it in such a messy way, it's almost Hungry Marie levels of "does this manga even have an editor?" weird decisions and plot structuring.
 

TheEroSennin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
34
Reaction score
49
Age
24
Country
Saudi Arabia
Greed Island/Chairman Election- HxH
Tissue/Hero Show- Beelzebub
Sanctuary- Saint Seiya
Fortuneteller Baba's Tournament/Buu- Dragon Ball
Impel Down/Alabasta- One Piece
Ngl that's a weird choice considering the other arcs

In the end that's your opinion but it's really different 🤔
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Ngl that's a weird choice considering the other arcs

In the end that's your opinion but it's really different 🤔
Is it? Greed Island is one of my favorite arcs ever as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top