Games Mafia Game 72 - Fullmetal Alchemist - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Tbf. guys we aren't even halfway through yet,no need to be in a rush. Something that should perhaps be avoided for the first day would be to lynch a fellow Townie i'd say. Which Town has been doing for the past...actually i think Town has been doing that since my first game. :lambirb
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Lynching a townee by mistake, random protection/investigation actions at night, letting scum blend in etc...

Frankly, I'm surprized I need to tell you this, unless that's what you're aiming for, as Mafia that is...

So more hints would be welcome.
Too early to hint more, hinting more doesn't necessary guaranty that it's good thing, some town roles need to stay low and need to also blend in so they survive and not get targeted by mafia, and don't tell me doc can save an important, because if we hint more there can be an escort that block specific role...
It's too early too hint more, but the little hint people gave is limiting the choice of mafias already before they can discuss in team, that's why I say we should focuse on those who didn't hint anything and not those who already hinted.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Am at work now which is why I will just pop in here on occasion now until I get off.

Let's say you're mafia. You're going to votelock somebody, and you're going to use alchemy during the night, that's already +2. Then, if you lynch a Mafia from your team because he wasnt going to be saved anyway, or a Mafia from the other team, you already have +5. If you lynch a townie, you're at +4, and you can still kill at night to get the +5.
This part is kind of vague in the sense. But I just had to reread a few times before I saw the All players part and realized it meant all players. For some reason I was thinking all players = only town and they just had to lynch a Nontownie. Then I felt stupid. Plus most mechanisms in the past had been set up that way. It made me realize that it probably does mean there are multiple scum in the game. Which may mean mentor could be in.

Too early to hint more, hinting more doesn't necessary guaranty that it's good thing, some town roles need to stay low and need to also blend in so they survive and not get targeted by mafia, and don't tell me doc can save an important, because if we hint more there can be an escort that block specific role...
It's too early too hint more, but the little hint people gave is limiting the choice of mafias already before they can discuss in team, that's why I say we should focuse on those who didn't hint anything and not those who already hinted.
Tbh the game is a bit smaller than the normal size plus the day phase is 24 hours. And it doesn’t change the fact that everyone will try to cram 24 hours of play in the last 2 hours of the day phase.
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
These gameplay mechanics are quite nice. They fit the topic and mix it up really well, leaving players a lot of options if used well. Thanks @Lambu

Lan Fan is a badass even though she is not a favorite I am still happy. Worst case I would be some kind of shorty midget.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
No, not really. My hint is on page 2, and more will come. Would love to hear yours though.


I've been thinking the same ^^.
I don't have much to say about my role for now, but it's active, although I'm meh about it.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
You claim passive a lot but also you have claimed passive when you were also roles like townie detective.
Off the top of my mind I'd have said two or three times, but the point is that I've rarely (if ever) been truthful when I claimed passive. And that when I happened to suspect D1 passive claims of being fake, I've usually been proven right.

The other point was that I believe you once determined I was scum solely because I had claimed passive, so I don't see why you'd be surprised or get defensive when I point out that you've taken the same hint you claimed today as the sole telltale sign of scum-ness for others before.

All the more so if I've misinterpreted your hint completely...


Nothing you have said has relieved me of my distrust of you. But you haven’t come at me like you did poor Seraph back in that one game. All pretty low tier shade. :bnahDisappointed. Try not to blend in too hard.
Is that a way to... self-confirm you are unlikely to be mafia in my eyes? :hmm Are you suggesting I should be pressuring you more?

And when exactly did you start distrusting me, and on what bases?


Hmm...Hmm....I see i see:

Some players discussed the Special mechanic>as expected,good going guys! :verily

Vandred proposes a Plan to filter out some of the Killers> As expected,good going Van! :heh

Some Players gave their usual hints to role's and allegiance>As usual. Fine! :D

As for me,i had my Role before and i liked it a lot. I'm Town once more,so my Curse continues. :emobirb
If you're trying to get in my good graces this early, know that you're going at it in a pretty good way :hee

Mild disappointment in not seeing one of your trademark hints though, not gonna lie :feelsbadman

Also not sure if you're essentially making yourself a target that way...
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
You know by now that I am a fan of early hinting so I will join right away with a hint. My role has more of a supplementary function than one of the flashy roles we all like. I guess that fits Lan Fan's character too.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
If you're trying to get in my good graces this early, know that you're going at it in a pretty good way :hee
Mission accomplished then :teehee


Mild disappointment in not seeing one of your trademark hints though, not gonna lie :feelsbadman

Also not sure if you're essentially making yourself a target that way...
I do love that my hinting has reached cult status,as a sign of my happiness and gratitude: A Seraph-like hint!

"I'm very thoughtful." :verily

As for making myself a target...:kappa...i mean,it always happens sooner or later in every game. Might as well start early to dispute any accusations am i right?
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Incoming question @Lambu : Do escort blocks affect alchemy usage too, or just regular actions from roles?

Tbf. guys we aren't even halfway through yet,no need to be in a rush.
The erlier we get some info, the better it is.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
So far nothing much stands out as usual with Day 1. Only noticed Gry mentioning how happy he is with his role, and from what I always thought, he likes being Mafia more than Townie..... Then there's Seraph who's conveniently claiming to be Townie "again". And of course Takuan who at this point is naturally ES level of shady in these games. Plus it's a Lambu game as well. Still a while to go though.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
The erlier we get some info, the better it is.
Yeah but it poses a risk too,because early on pretty much nobody trusts each other so if we all go and make proper reveals of roles or actions we could bite ourselves into the flesh since the Mafia could have prepared hints/claims that are "conveniently" the same as some of the actual Townies claim to be and we end up confusing ourselves and lynch a Townie(Once more) rather than a Mafia or actual suspect.

I said it before but in all the games i've played i don't remember a single time we lynched someone other than a Townie in the first dayphase.


Then there's Seraph who's conveniently claiming to be Townie "again".
Fate has dealt me a bad hand,i dream and wish for crazy and exciting roles and in return i get to visit DD's Bar several times or end up marrying SonOfDaws...
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Just got back home, I'll answer all your questions in short :)
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,074
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Belserion Masaka Roy-kun you already upgraded, you're now commanding in Mh Central Headquarters , i swear by the end of the game youll be Mh fuhrer :arf




Congrats for your new blue position general-chan, though :zomg !!


will try to make a recap asap guys, bear with me pliz -_-;
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

wait zasz i not playing !!!? i hought he was joining :gwah
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I said it before but in all the games i've played i don't remember a single time we lynched someone other than a Townie in the first dayphase.
This is precisely the situation we wish to avoid, and it's gonna be bit tough since we are not that much players in this game (i.e. fewer non-townies to detect).

Which reminds me, could you spare a hint colonel ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm going to bed pretty soon...will be active again in 8 hours or so.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
So for the life-force one, passives can’t use it? Or is the “or defend” part for passives? Or did I just read it wrong?
Any player can use both versions of the Life-force Alchemy.
Its still true that Passive Roles cannot use the "Priority upgrade" version though.

Also @Lambu , I suppose it's a wording problem but under All players you have +2 for lynching non-townie and then additionally non-townie have +2 for lynching townie. Does this imply +2 for non-townie regardless of affiliation of lynched?
Yep, this is just a lack at wording, you wont get the upgrade if you lynch someone of your same allegiance.

Do escort blocks affect alchemy usage too, or just regular actions from roles?
Alchemy is like an Optional Secondary Night Action, so yeah, blocking roles will nullify Alchemy usage.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I do love that my hinting has reached cult status,as a sign of my happiness and gratitude: A Seraph-like hint!

"I'm very thoughtful." :verily

As for making myself a target...:kappa...i mean,it always happens sooner or later in every game. Might as well start early to dispute any accusations am i right?
:feelsgoodman

(Now to ponder this for the next three days or so :lambirb )


Alchemy is like an Optional Secondary Night Action, so yeah, blocking roles will nullify Alchemy usage.
So, just to be 100% sure, if you use any of the three Transmutations and you have an active role, you can still use your ability? If you choose Ground, you can block one player and target another with your role?
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
So, just to be 100% sure, if you use any of the three Transmutations and you have an active role, you can still use your ability? If you choose Ground, you can block one player and target another with your role?
Oh god, was about to reply you that Ground Alchemy takes the spot as your Night Action, then I re-checked the Main post and the clause is not there :lambirb:facepalm

Listen up everyone, because my pigeon's brain is the size of a peanut and I was in the midst of rush and editing I forgot to add a very important clause to Ground Transmutation.
This is that using it will NULLYFY the use of your Primary Night Action.



Im very very sorry for the misunderstanding, editing it right away. :faint


​
Im going to stick this post for while so everyone can notice it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top