American Politics | Page 296 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Another indiscrimanate mass shooting in my home state and metro area. I hope democrats stop focusing on impeaching the president and instead focus on mental health initiatives to deter would be bad actors from taking innocent lives. This has got to stop, yesterday!.

The solution to mass shootings has nothing to do with mental health initiatives.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The solution to mass shootings has nothing to do with mental health initiatives.
It was a disgruntled employee that snapped all of a sudden. That's the hallmark feature of mental health issue.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The guns helped him kill more people than he could have without it.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, at this point I am just waiting for the US to use military strikes against Iran that have actual human casualties at some point.... Hopefully it doesn't escalate further than that.

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was a disgruntled employee that snapped all of a sudden. That's the hallmark feature of mental health issue.
A disgruntled employee with a massive sense of entitlement. Mental health issues aren't the primary factors we should be looking for. Primary factors to look for include (but are not limited to) (1) men who are abusive toward women, (2) men who are avenging some perceived wrong (i.e., a sense of entitlement), and (3) men who have easy access to guns.

Factor #3 in particular is the 800-lb gorilla in the room that gun advocates have a hard time admitting. It's the same way for gun suicides. People who attempt and/or succeed at suicide for the first time usually have no history of mental illness. In fact, the relationship between the number of suicides and the number of available guns is so strong that you can actually estimate an area's suicide rate based on the gun ownership rate, and vice-versa.

Reactions: M3J

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Democrats are once again being silly and dumb. Why are they boycotting a company that is putting beds in detention centers, places that need beds the most!?!

SonOfDaws

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Some more American leftist silliness:

Bare in mind, Democrats currently have a healthy majority in the Senate. So as it turns out, a couple democrats thought funding lawbreakers was a bad idea.

Politics in America is pretty sad at the moment. More people have their eyes on the election. So, people are now taking this opportunity to do jack shit.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Democrats are once again being silly and dumb. Why are they boycotting a company that is putting beds in detention centers, places that need beds the most!?!
I don't know if they are boycotting the company, but the employees are walking about because they're protesting against detention centers and deporting immigrants. The right really are horribly clueless.

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bare in mind, Democrats currently have a healthy majority in the Senate. So as it turns out, a couple democrats thought funding lawbreakers was a bad idea.
You did know that Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is the current Senate Majority Leader, yes?

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
You did know that Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is the current Senate Majority Leader, yes?
Ah, confused house line change with the senate.

Well then, I guess that result is kinda to be expected.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Less funny and more disappointing
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I don't know if they are boycotting the company, but the employees are walking about because they're protesting against detention centers and deporting immigrants. The right really are horribly clueless.
How is partisan bigotry going to help anyone?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Gets attention and makes Wayfair change its action?

I hope McConnell gets a heart attack or something and either retires or dies. He's such a literal ass cancer to this country.

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Gets attention and makes Wayfair change its action?

I hope McConnell gets a heart attack or something and either retires or dies. He's such a literal ass cancer to this country.
Look, I'm all for making fun of things in the political scene, but come on now... You're just being toxic.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, so i am reading about Trump's federal reserve nominee... Phd... Seems like progress... But it's in businesses administration which is worthless for the job. Then it turns out its someone who supports going back to the gold standard, the equivalent to flat earthers of economics, and is overtly against the federal reserve. This person seems pretty much worst than the previous nominees...

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ok, so i am reading about Trump's federal reserve nominee... Phd... Seems like progress... But it's in businesses administration which is worthless for the job. Then it turns out its someone who supports going back to the gold standard, the equivalent to flat earthers of economics, and is overtly against the federal reserve. This person seems pretty much worst than the previous nominees...
Well, it's no different than the DeVos and Perry appointments then

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
So glad AOCresign was trending. Shes got to go. Utter embarrassment for all Americans

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, it's no different than the DeVos and Perry appointments then
Certainly those two are as unqualified but I'd argue appointing people with zero qualifications with every intention of actively sabotaging the federal reserve is a far worst risk than what devos can do to the education system. The impact of the federal reserve on the economy is far larger than what any president could hope to have over an 8 year term. and not just for the US economy but for the world as a whole. the dollar is the world's reserve currency, the pillar of the world's economy. This is bigger than the US education system... it's pretty much everyone's everything.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Look, I'm all for making fun of things in the political scene, but come on now... You're just being toxic.
I'm not making fun of anything. I don't understand how that's anywhere remotely as toxic as a piece of shit not wanting to help 9/11 first responders and/or victims, but k.
So glad AOCresign was trending. Shes got to go. Utter embarrassment for all Americans

AOC is better than 99% of the politicians, especially because she actually cares more about the people of this country than most others. Isn't there a picture of said toilet? And the second guy's tweet is apparently from a talkshow host? Has he been to a concentration camp?

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Certainly those two are as unqualified but I'd argue appointing people with zero qualifications with every intention of actively sabotaging the federal reserve is a far worst risk than what devos can do to the education system. The impact of the federal reserve on the economy is far larger than what any president could hope to have over an 8 year term. and not just for the US economy but for the world as a whole. the dollar is the world's reserve currency, the pillar of the world's economy. This is bigger than the US education system... it's pretty much everyone's everything.
I wasn't referring to them being unqualified, but that's certainly true with DeVos. I was more talking about both of them being on record as being very anti-Department of Education/Energy. Perry even said that he wanted to abolish it when he was running for President iirc. So the irony of them being given those positions is quite the thing, lol.

Trump wanting to appoint someone to run the Federal Reserve like this guy when he's demonstrated multiple times that he doesn't even know the function of the institution is shocking to approximately no one.

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I'm not making fun of anything. I don't understand how that's anywhere remotely as toxic as a piece of shit not wanting to help 9/11 first responders and/or victims, but k.

AOC is better than 99% of the politicians, especially because she actually cares more about the people of this country than most others. Isn't there a picture of said toilet? And the second guy's tweet is apparently from a talkshow host? Has he been to a concentration camp?
That's a whataboutism. You thinking someone else did it worse doesn't excuse yourself of anything. You saying you hope someone dies of ass cancer is unproductive, at best.

If these vast over-generalizations and over-simplifications are the norm for your responses, then I can't imagine much meanful dialogue would come from this anyways.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... what is this citizenship question about? Why is the question so terrible?