Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I don't think anything bad about you, no worries. I just thought you were projecting your opinion as a thing that everyone else should have.
Do not worry, I do not have that kind of attitude.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,295
Reaction score
7,328
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Yeah, I suppose it would be weirder to not have at least 1 non-hit series last longer than usual, considering there's 6 new things in the magazine (even if one of those is guaranteed safe).
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,855
Age
33
Country
United States
Well we have One Piece, Haikyuu, My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Act-Age,
Jujutsu Kaisen, and Chainsaw Man in stable spots, not likely to end within the next 2 years.

I'm banking on Tokyo Shinobi Squad and Samurai 8 sticking around.

I don't think Kimetsu no Yaiba is ending. I think it'll continue with a timeskip.

Hinomaru is ending next week.

The Promised Neverland could easily end this year or early next.

Yuuna I'd expect to end this year.

We Never Learn will last at least another year with the second season. I wouldn't expect it to stick around too much longer afterwards.

Dr. Stone will probably get a second season due to sheer push, but its lack of growth will halt further promotion of this beached from birth whale and it'll eventually end.

Saiyuuki, Yui Kamui, Beast Children, and Double Taisei are going to be cancelled.

That's 9 slots open within the next 2 years.
Sure, there's always 2-3 fodder slots but the shape of the magazine is about to change so much and some major new pillars are about to come in.
 

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
We Never Learn will last at least another year with the second season. I wouldn't expect it to stick around too much longer afterwards.
Is there any case in Jump's history of anime receiving another season even after the manga has ended?
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Is there any case in Jump's history of anime receiving another season even after the manga has ended?
Nothing stops the last season to be announced along the last chapter (like SnS) but I doubt people would announce it after the thing ends unless it's a big hit. It's just a merchandising move which would not make much sense.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Muhyo & Rouji got an anime after many years of its end and even got a S2 announced some months ago.
IIRC Muhyo adapation was a commemorative thing, no? 45 years of jump or something like this, much like that other adapation of old manga people here really hated but I don't recall it's name.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,855
Age
33
Country
United States
Anime adaptations at their core are promotional material for the manga,. There's no reason to promote something if the source material is over.

Sure, there are cases like SnS but that's typically because it was already in production prior to the end of the series and even those are rare.

Things like Muhyo and Roji being adapted are a dime a dozen and are typically done to promote something new related to the series. mangaka, or magazine.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
MangaPlus has passed on picking up a new manga that started today on Jump+, Kaibutsu Shoujo wa Hatsukoi no Yumewomiru ka? (Does a monster girl have a dream of the first love?)

 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Higuma had no heart. It was the most bland thing in Jump since Red Sprite.
You guys just think this because it was one of the first weekly series you guys got to read from the start of its serialization to its end due to Manga+ and Viz's weird bastardization attempt at an online mag being new things.
Just like how Red Sprite was a meme when it ran because all these newbies were actually looking at the magazine for the first beyond the big series due to Bleach ending yet none had read enough manga to realize that Jump is better than this.
this whole post can be invalidated by the fact that you like tss
 

El Jacco

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
342
Reaction score
2,920
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
IIRC Muhyo adapation was a commemorative thing, no? 45 years of jump or something like this, much like that other adapation of old manga people here really hated but I don't recall it's name.
Hoshin Engi its the other series that recieved an anime remake but it was rushed as hell.

Anime adaptations at their core are promotional material for the manga,. There's no reason to promote something if the source material is over.

Sure, there are cases like SnS but that's typically because it was already in production prior to the end of the series and even those are rare.

Things like Muhyo and Roji being adapted are a dime a dozen and are typically done to promote something new related to the series. mangaka, or magazine.
I know that the anime it's to promote the manga and the Muhyo & Rouji anime served as to promote the sequel that was running during that time but I bringed it up because it recieved a S2 and I think theres nothing related to the series to promote it even further, probably the merchandise sales were good but I could be wrong.

MangaPlus has passed on picking up a new manga that started today on Jump+, Kaibutsu Shoujo wa Hatsukoi no Yumewomiru ka? (Does a monster girl have a dream of the first love?)

They already picked the July series with Dear Sa-chan so I don't think they will pick another from this month round.
 

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Nothing stops the last season to be announced along the last chapter (like SnS) but I doubt people would announce it after the thing ends unless it's a big hit. It's just a merchandising move which would not make much sense.
Oh, I see! I was just wondering if We Never Learn S2 being confirmed was really any proof that the manga series wouldn't end before S2 airs.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,855
Age
33
Country
United States
Oh, I see! I was just wondering if We Never Learn S2 being confirmed was really any proof that the manga series wouldn't end before S2 airs.
In most cases an ongoing anime is a buffer from cancellation.
There are lots of cases of manga being cancelled within a year and a half of the anime ending.
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
MangaPlus has passed on picking up a new manga that started today on Jump+, Kaibutsu Shoujo wa Hatsukoi no Yumewomiru ka? (Does a monster girl have a dream of the first love?)

Is jump+ a special magazine for harem, cuz it really makes it a very cheap side magazine
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,552
Reaction score
11,290
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
No Shoseki rankings today ?
 

BaNChiGay

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2019
Messages
77
Reaction score
41
Age
30
Country
Philippines
MangaPlus has passed on picking up a new manga that started today on Jump+, Kaibutsu Shoujo wa Hatsukoi no Yumewomiru ka? (Does a monster girl have a dream of the first love?)

Is this the same mangaka of Princess You Must Die
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
MangaPlus has passed on picking up a new manga that started today on Jump+, Kaibutsu Shoujo wa Hatsukoi no Yumewomiru ka? (Does a monster girl have a dream of the first love?)

I mean, Manga+ has turned to be pretty random at picking series just by seeing the last 2 which were choosen to translate. Not that I dislike them, I actually enjoy the platform having such different themes in series. Anyway, of course they're not gonna pick a lot of harem romance series that are published, and same with extremely ecchi series, because of obvious reasons. I guess with further growth of the platform there will be more chances of series being picked up. But we even need to get to the point of the platform having a vault of full series, and the 58 spot to be filled.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Regarding Shuudan, there's something of a stigma regarding "Jump Soccer" series, how the magazine has been trying to launch a new one for deacdes despite it never working. So it's possible the stigma is part of what prevented it from being a hit.

I wonder, what could've saved Higuma and made it a hit? Because I do think Hokami has the talent to become a valuable creator to Jump.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Regarding Shuudan, there's something of a stigma regarding "Jump Soccer" series, how the magazine has been trying to launch a new one for deacdes despite it never working. So it's possible the stigma is part of what prevented it from being a hit.

I wonder, what could've saved Higuma and made it a hit? Because I do think Hokami has the talent to become a valuable creator to Jump.
I think if Higuma had started in the lot of saiyuki and kamio he would have survived.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top