No ranking, just my thoughts. Expecting one of the five will probs stick around a while simply because there’s essentially 6 corpses for something to survive on. Personally, I kinda want Beast and Yui to stick around though.
Beast Children: I feel like it’s only really fallen flat with its supporting cast. My heart sank when I saw that spread of the team before the first match started. Didn’t realise how many were on a Rugby team, and that just makes it 10x easier for the author to lose focus of them. Should’ve done what HQ did and have a practice match within the team first to introduce other first years or something. That said, I do think it’s possible for it to redeem itself.
Double Taisei: By far the best first 6 chapters or so, but became uninteresting as it failed to expand its world and focused more on the shogi. The personality switching being the focus was actually quite nice.
Shinobi: Will probably survive simply because it’s handled its characters the best by far, and that’s all that’s really necessary for a series to gain an audience. That said, I still don’t like it much at all.
Sam8: Fine. Was expected to have a slower start since it’s going to end up at a way larger scale than anything else and you can’t just rush into that.
Saiyuki: Had so much potential and was so neat. Really looked forward to them finally leaving the house, but it’s been boring af since and lost all my interest.
Yui: More boring than average romcom. Was looking very interesting with it’s horror change, but the arc that immediately followed has sucked. Still want to give it the benefit of the doubt since I think it has more potential that many of the others.
Personally i think it’s been a pretty good year though. It’s rare that I don’t drop newer series by chapter five or so, so the fact I’ve stuck with 7/9 (Dropped Higuma & Ne0) says they’re at least keeping a tiny amount of my interest.
Even to this date I still fail to understand how Spring Weapon survived for as long as it did
Cuz it was a phoenix

. Though I find it kind of funny that when Spring Weapon started, its sales were considered so horribly bad, and yet literally as soon as it ended (around Bozebeats) just about every new series except the three that have stuck since started doing just as badly or even worse. Its like the phoenix left a curse in its wake when it was finally killed lol.