Return of the Vainglorious

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,053
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Better before I saw you post in here :wowsoBOB

Nah I'm good, just putting up with this shitty weather. And tired. It's been a long week, and it's only Tuesday. I'm also quite tired...did I mention I was tired?

How about you? things good over there?
:comfort

Same shitty-tastic weather here. Besides that life's been good, can't complain.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ah yes, when the humidity isn't up or high it's not so bad.
Ahhh that's a very british comment; you dont want it too hot or cold, not too windy or too dry.

Well basically the last few days I've basically worn shorts, a shirt and it was warm but it pissed down and today I wore a coat. It's fucking ridiculous. At this rate it'll snow by the end of the week, just to cap off the end of summer.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Dude, what's up?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Douchemin. Good to see you.

I'm great right now, thanks! How's things with you? How was Bali? :heh
Haha, you're back? I don't even know how long it's been, but it must have been a couple of years since I logged on and saw you all. Good to be back chatting a bit and catching up on things.

I'm great dude, even though vacation ended a short while ago and I'm back to work. But damn the vacation was some goood shi*. Ya know? You saw my stories I guess so it's funny how people stay connected even without a single word is exchanged. What you up to lately man?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Haha, you're back? I don't even know how long it's been, but it must have been a couple of years since I logged on and saw you all. Good to be back chatting a bit and catching up on things.

I'm great dude, even though vacation ended a short while ago and I'm back to work. But damn the vacation was some goood shi*. Ya know? You saw my stories I guess so it's funny how people stay connected even without a single word is exchanged. What you up to lately man?
I mean, I returned to my position a few weeks ago, what with Kevin leaving. I was always around though, just checking in the OP forum and whatnot. I also wondered when was the last you were here...

Haha yeah, how could I NOT see it? you made me jealous everytime I came on IG and saw your stories. It did look amazing. Bali is on my list, hopefully I can visit it one day. Sucks to be back at work but you were off for quite a long while, no?

I started a new job recently, so main focus recently was just getting through my probation period, which is now done, so I have one less thing to worry about.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
I mean, I returned to my position a few weeks ago, what with Kevin leaving. I was always around though, just checking in the OP forum and whatnot. I also wondered when was the last you were here...

Haha yeah, how could I NOT see it? you made me jealous everytime I came on IG and saw your stories. It did look amazing. Bali is on my list, hopefully I can visit it one day. Sucks to be back at work but you were off for quite a long while, no?

I started a new job recently, so main focus recently was just getting through my probation period, which is now done, so I have one less thing to worry about.
Seems like I died for 2,5 years or so people say.. lol. I was gone waaay too long. Sort of got easier to completely shut it out I guess than to return to post and be "drawn back in" if you catch my train of thought. I think I would have been super casually hanging around if I still had my favorite manga actively running like you do :XD

You have to go! It's actually so affordable if the flight tickets aren't a complete turn-off for you. Living there is super affordable, both accommodation and food. The only thing that is actually expensive in Bali (and in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur where we also went) was alcohol/liquor. We were in Singapore 3 nights, KL 4 nights and Bali 14. I'd give you my travel advice for Bali if you seriously considered it in the future. We're probably going back sometime, and then we'll stay some places longer and skip others entirely. 14 days is probably the "minimum" length IMO to really experience the place. But all in all it was a magic vacation. Sorry for the jealously, hahah. Was kind of part of the plan though.

Yeah that's a good priority. Just gotta keep the foot on the gas petal now and keep grinding. What kind of job are you into now?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like I died for 2,5 years or so people say.. lol. I was gone waaay too long. Sort of got easier to completely shut it out I guess than to return to post and be "drawn back in" if you catch my train of thought. I think I would have been super casually hanging around if I still had my favorite manga actively running like you do :XD

You have to go! It's actually so affordable if the flight tickets aren't a complete turn-off for you. Living there is super affordable, both accommodation and food. The only thing that is actually expensive in Bali (and in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur where we also went) was alcohol/liquor. We were in Singapore 3 nights, KL 4 nights and Bali 14. I'd give you my travel advice for Bali if you seriously considered it in the future. We're probably going back sometime, and then we'll stay some places longer and skip others entirely. 14 days is probably the "minimum" length IMO to really experience the place. But all in all it was a magic vacation. Sorry for the jealously, hahah. Was kind of part of the plan though.

Yeah that's a good priority. Just gotta keep the foot on the gas petal now and keep grinding. What kind of job are you into now?
Has it been that long since you left? Time really flies, lol. That most definitely helps, especially checking in to read people's reactions to the chapters and theories.

For some reason I thought at the very least travelling there would be expensive. I know food around those places aren't too bad, surprised about the alcohol though; that is my biggest take away from this :XD
I'm not sure about the other places; it would entirely depend on how much time I want to spend there. When it comes to it, I'll be sure to give you a shout, but for now I have plenty of places in europe to visit; aim is to do one european country next before heading out the continent.

Your plan definitely worked; some of those accomodation you stayed at were just....oof. So nice.

Right now I work as an advisor for a telecom company, which is fun mostly for the people and perks. Talking to customers about accounts is jarring, especially when it involves money. But hey ho, it's a big company, so I just wanted to get my foot in there and go from there to different departments/ roles.

Where are you now work-wise?
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
How's Bob doing? Long time to catching up.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
How's Bob doing? Long time to catching up.
I didn't know you were still active around here.
It definitely has been a long time. I'm doing well at the moment; new job and all.

How about you? how's life in Germany? Imp told me you came to visit him in London a while ago?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Right now I work as an advisor for a telecom company, which is fun mostly for the people and perks. Talking to customers about accounts is jarring, especially when it involves money. But hey ho, it's a big company, so I just wanted to get my foot in there and go from there to different departments/ roles.
Did you used to be a chef/work in a restaurant? I have this impression that is where you've been working. Maybe it was from the food posts etc.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Did you used to be a chef/work in a restaurant? I have this impression that is where you've been working. Maybe it was from the food posts etc.
I've done restaurant work before, but not as a chef; just a waiter/bartender. The rest of the time was similar roles but for events and whatnot.

But yes, mostly to do with food. Food posts though, are usually my own food, if I post them on here...
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I didn't know you were still active around here.
It definitely has been a long time. I'm doing well at the moment; new job and all.

How about you? how's life in Germany? Imp told me you came to visit him in London a while ago?
You can't quite call those random show ups here and there in the past year active, but that might change now.

Life's in Germany is OK, I moved in to my own place now in Berlin, shockingly realizing that it is approaching other European capitals in rent prices and that I need to make more. :sweatdrop Not quite London yet, as catch up with Impy made clear, but getting there.

Wbu, have you met anyone recently? What's the new job? Still in Birmi?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
You can't quite call those random show ups here and there in the past year active, but that might change now.

Life's in Germany is OK, I moved in to my own place now in Berlin, shockingly realizing that it is approaching other European capitals in rent prices and that I need to make more. :sweatdrop Not quite London yet, as catch up with Impy made clear, but getting there.

Wbu, have you met anyone recently? What's the new job? Still in Birmi?
Oh? making a grand return then? :zomg

I was just about to ask if you were still in Dusseldorf( iirc), that's where I last remember seeing you. Even my city is nearing London in terms of price, which makes it very difficult to find a place and in a location you'd want.
Where are you working right now?

I'm still in Birmingham, I don't make enough to comfortably live in London. The new job is an advisor role for a telecoms company. So essentially dealing with people who are in debt with their accounts and just general billing advise.

Hmmm last person I met was Maz a few months back when I was in Belgium. Which was a lot of fun. I hadn't seen him...well, since the last time I saw you, I think.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Oh? making a grand return then? :zomg

I was just about to ask if you were still in Dusseldorf( iirc), that's where I last remember seeing you. Even my city is nearing London in terms of price, which makes it very difficult to find a place and in a location you'd want.
Where are you working right now?

I'm still in Birmingham, I don't make enough to comfortably live in London. The new job is an advisor role for a telecoms company. So essentially dealing with people who are in debt with their accounts and just general billing advise.

Hmmm last person I met was Maz a few months back when I was in Belgium. Which was a lot of fun. I hadn't seen him...well, since the last time I saw you, I think.
Right now actually working for a London based corporate in the field of customer services outsourcing. My role rn is finance manager, so doing month end reporting of Germany and Switzerland to send to group.

Yes, I remember we met in Düsseldorf, which must have been five years ago though. I'm in Berlin since '13, so think must have been around then. Time sure flies. :gwahHaven't talked to Maz since ages too, just jealously eying his Croatia trip pics on IG hah... He must have been absent here too for a while, or we just missed each other
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,074
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina


It was my time to stop stalking here.

So you were a waiter before Bob? That sounds nice, I tried to get a job at a restaurant and a couple of coffee shops before but couldn't manage it lol. At what type of restaurants did you work? :blush
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Right now actually working for a London based corporate in the field of customer services outsourcing. My role rn is finance manager, so doing month end reporting of Germany and Switzerland to send to group.

Yes, I remember we met in Düsseldorf, which must have been five years ago though. I'm in Berlin since '13, so think must have been around then. Time sure flies. :gwahHaven't talked to Maz since ages too, just jealously eying his Croatia trip pics on IG hah... He must have been absent here too for a while, or we just missed each other
Sounds like an importance position you've got there. How long have you been in that role? and are you enjoying it so far?

It was 5 years ago; it was just after my 25th. I was so young. I think being at the police academy takes up a lot of his time, I also don't talk to him as frequently as before. Besides, life happens, shit changes.

I've been looking at his IG stories too. Between him and Nuno on IG, I've been real salty this summer. :hmph

I think you probably just miss each other. He's not here often, but checks the music, win thread and whatever manhwa he's following at the time.



It was my time to stop stalking here.

So you were a waiter before Bob? That sounds nice, I tried to get a job at a restaurant and a couple of coffee shops before but couldn't manage it lol. At what type of restaurants did you work? :blush
Finally. You came.



Like I said to Brandish, I've only worked in an actual restaurant once; the rest of the time I worked in hospitality and events. So we often had restaurant style or bar service, or even conference service. It was casual work but I worked for the same agency a lot and for a very long time.

The restaurant I actually worked was during a Champions League final day....2-3 years ago. They just needed extra staff members for that day, it was quite a fancy restaurant that were upcoming and trying to gain a michelin star.

I have worked at a lot of fancy events though from a few champions league final events, olympics, award ceremonies, etc.

Why didn't those places take you? did they say? or you just didnt want to do it anymore?
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Sounds like an importance position you've got there. How long have you been in that role? and are you enjoying it so far?

It was 5 years ago; it was just after my 25th. I was so young. I think being at the police academy takes up a lot of his time, I also don't talk to him as frequently as before. Besides, life happens, shit changes.

I've been looking at his IG stories too. Between him and Nuno on IG, I've been real salty this summer. :hmph

I think you probably just miss each other. He's not here often, but checks the music, win thread and whatever manhwa he's following at the time.



Finally. You came.



Like I said to Brandish, I've only worked in an actual restaurant once; the rest of the time I worked in hospitality and events. So we often had restaurant style or bar service, or even conference service. It was casual work but I worked for the same agency a lot and for a very long time.

The restaurant I actually worked was during a Champions League final day....2-3 years ago. They just needed extra staff members for that day, it was quite a fancy restaurant that were upcoming and trying to gain a michelin star.

I have worked at a lot of fancy events though from a few champions league final events, olympics, award ceremonies, etc.

Why didn't those places take you? did they say? or you just didnt want to do it anymore?
WAT 3CMM on IG?? My stalking path didn't get me there yet, but sure will now.

Uhm, yeah not really important, I'm in a team of six exchangable pawns working our asses off to hammer data in and meet deadlines. The real analytic work begins after, which we get non of it. Started this job last year in may and was prior in a junior position in similar field but smaller company. Can't say I'm really happy right now though, as the corporate doesn't show the employees lot of appreciation. I'm struggling to identify myself with the culture or product to a point that I started resenting it. All lunch breaks with likeminded are always about the same negative stuff, so it's kind of hard to get back into the mindset to make myself wanna stay there longer than necessary. I either wanna switch to a NGO or in an industry that I'm more passionate about :nod (such a millennial lol).

That's interesting, I wasn't aware he's training to become die Polizei. :rolleyes: But this info gives me some heads up to prepare some German police jokes, as donutes won't cut it here aha-hahaha

Why you didn't go anywhere this summer other than the fam trip to Belgium, or still going this year fall?
 
Top