- Joined
- Apr 3, 2019
- Messages
- 660
- Reaction score
- 1,432
- Age
- 32
- Country
-
My dream is for Psyren to receive an anime and for the manga to blow up in sales. Iwashiro deserves it.
The editing department was like "wait, what"Imagine how Level E would’ve been treated if this forum existed back then.
Lool nah. It was big, in fact, it was massive. If Magi's boost isnt that big then Kimetsu's boost isnt that big. Magi volume sales ended up peaking at 700kMagi boost wasn't that big.
Its impressive how the boost keep going and going for weeks.
Pretty much this, people making a big deal about Kimetsu weren't here for Haikyuu or KnB boosts. Doesn't take away from Kimetsu's success at all but we've seen this happen many times before.The only reason why you never seen something like this before is because this is most likely youre first time following the manga sales weekly for a series with a very successful anime. Its been done before.
. I have already said many times why it could use an anime. Tbh the series listed have a much bigger chance of getting their animes than Takeshi. Speaking of Takeshi...I dont think sales & quality correlate. How about you tell me if BEASTARS, HZ or Jigokuraku are selling equivalent to how great they are; they sure as hell arent. IMO all are S tier shonens with the former being arguably one of the best shonens of all time. Quality is subjective so it doesnt always correlate with salesQuality work will get popular and sell equivalent to how great it is.
>Sales and quality don't correlateI dont think sales & quality correlate. How about you tell me if BEASTARS, HZ or Jigokuraku are selling equivalent to how great they are; they sure as hell arent. IMO all are S tier shonens with the former being arguably one of the best shonens of all time. Quality is subjective so it doesnt always correlate with sales
BaaaaaaaaaawSPY x FAMILY officially reaches 350.000 copies.
![]()
![]()
I didn't follow from the beginning, but since the volumes have been released in English. Honestly, it was the first volume that got me to continue reading the series. It never once gave off any vibes I didn't like, and it really felt like it was a series I could get into. I love the art and the character design, as well.Speaking of KNY, for those of you who've been following the series since the very beginning, what got you so hooked into the series? For those who didn't follow the series when it started which arc got you to follow the series?
I personally started reading the series pretty late when it was around chapter 120 but I started following the series at around chapter 70-80 during the Red Light District arc, which was the arc that got me interested in the series. I saw a chapter back then in WSJ and though the series looked interesting and decided to look at a few more chapters after that before I actually started reading it.
Result, I now have 10 volumes of the series and plan to buy volumes 11-16 and get back to reading it with volume 17 since that's around where I stopped with scans.
that is some Matryoshka shit right there![]()
N-nani
I started reading it when there were like 15-20 chapters released of KnY. I really liked the dark and serious atmosphere at first which got me hooked. The first time that i really thought that this manga is not only good but has really potential to be amazing was with the arc with the floor shifting demon. The way the manga portrayed those shifting floors was so creative to me that i knew that this is going to be something special.Speaking of KNY, for those of you who've been following the series since the very beginning, what got you so hooked into the series? For those who didn't follow the series when it started which arc got you to follow the series?
I personally started reading the series pretty late when it was around chapter 120 but I started following the series at around chapter 70-80 during the Red Light District arc, which was the arc that got me interested in the series. I saw a chapter back then in WSJ and though the series looked interesting and decided to look at a few more chapters after that before I actually started reading it.
Result, I now have 10 volumes of the series and plan to buy volumes 11-16 and get back to reading it with volume 17 since that's around where I stopped with scans.
well love the vans.![]()
N-nani
Chapter 14Speaking of KNY, for those of you who've been following the series since the very beginning, what got you so hooked into the series? For those who didn't follow the series when it started which arc got you to follow the series?
I personally started reading the series pretty late when it was around chapter 120 but I started following the series at around chapter 70-80 during the Red Light District arc, which was the arc that got me interested in the series. I saw a chapter back then in WSJ and though the series looked interesting and decided to look at a few more chapters after that before I actually started reading it.
Result, I now have 10 volumes of the series and plan to buy volumes 11-16 and get back to reading it with volume 17 since that's around where I stopped with scans.
Exaggeration much? This is the only week in which all volumes were in the top 30 and once again its because it has an ongoing anime to coincide with the reprints its impressive because we haven't seen the boost period took hold of the top 50 due to shows like MHA S1 and TPN being 1-cour, the last time this came about was Haikyuu S1 which was also 2-cour.I have been following Oricon rankings since 2013. What i am trying to say is that even after 20 weeks, KnY backlog is so big that we have all the volumes in top 30 EVERY WEEK.
Yeah it just had a much bigger per volume average than Kimetsu and the reason why all the volumes didn't make the top 30 was because of the much bigger threshold back then and not being stacked amongst big releases like KnB was that's why next month is going to be interesting with it being shacked up against One Piece and TPN alongside the anime's conclusion to see if it'll continue selling at the rate it has been.KnB boost was BIG, but it didn't have older volumes in the TOP 30.
Because most people didn't actually start caring about the series until like a month ago so it comes off as disingenuous to the people who have been following its sales growth for three years now. A lot of people predicted that it would have a boost of this magnitude a year prior due to its already steady growth rate and the fact that the series already had a sizable following online (Its anime announcement trended on Japanese twitter) what wasn't expected was seeing how receptive Westerners were going to be towards it since its manga sales in the US were pretty bad initially but now has grown significantly since the anime started. Nobody is saying that Kimetsu's sales aren't great and its fine to praise it but don't try to pretend its anything significant especially in a year where Hepburn: Go-Tōbun went from being an unknown entity to one of the biggest properties Magazine has published since NnT and the biggest romance manga in years.I'll never get why we should restrain ourselves of discussing or praising Kimetsu's boost just because there are series that, some time ago, got greater boosts in their sales. I don't think that's a reason to not comment on the boost as something that's surpassing everyone's expectations on how the boost was going to be.
That doesnt mean you start spreading misinformation though. He said this is the first time he's seen a boost like this when there's been clearly other series that have done just as good if not better. Its pretty annoying if you ask me as its a lie & this is coming from a big time Kimetsu fan.I'll never get why we should restrain ourselves of discussing or praising Kimetsu's boost just because there are series that, some time ago, got greater boosts in their sales. I don't think that's a reason to not comment on the boost as something that's surpassing everyone's expectations on how the boost was going to be.