- Joined
- Mar 7, 2015
- Messages
- 12,555
- Reaction score
- 11,296
- Age
- 33
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Very nice !!!
That's a pretty cool cover. Also, I'm intrigued by how involved Kubo still seems to be with WSJ and just art stuff in general. Interesting to see what the interview will be about.
I'm still triggered about it. I dont care what for other problem lies for naruto but getting a cover, just give the goat a cover for his LAST chapter that carried your magazine. ZzzzFunny thing is Oda directly criticized Shonen Jump in the authors comment at the time because they didn't gave the magazine cover for Naruto last chapter, like you gave two chapters, one full color but still not the damn cover?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Pff, I dont know anymore.. how do covers even work, if simple thinks like these dont get coversYou'd think that would be a strong enough reason, right? But then you think about how WSJ hit its peak circulation because of DBZ and how DBZ became the strong starting point for WSJ (and for the manga and Anime industry) in becoming popular outside Japan and yet they didn't give it a cover. So I don't really know.
I read that before but I could never find the author comment where Oda said that.Funny thing is Oda directly criticized Shonen Jump in the authors comment at the time because they didn't gave the magazine cover for Naruto last chapter, like you gave two chapters, one full color but still not the damn cover?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's just a theory based on how the art changed and looked similar to Boruto which Ikemoto did. Also I think in an interview Kishimoto said Akira Okubo helped him create the manga due to the workload. I'm sure he was still drawing but so where his assistants, which makes sense especially considering how long Naruto went.I remember hearing somewhere around the time that Naruto was ending that Kishimoto wasn’t drawing the series (unofficially), but instead it was an assistant. Did anyone else hear anything about this or was this complete bull?
I read that before but I could never find the author comment where Oda said that.
Thanks.
Speaking of Naruto, this was recorded from the Area 51 raid that was set for today.
What's even more incredible is that this is currently the top story on Google.Speaking of Naruto, this was recorded from the Area 51 raid that was set for today.
![]()
But Hinata is crying...I love the theme on the preview page is that everyone is eating because of the appetite due to autumn’s arrival
That's a positive way to see things but not even reaching 100k with 3 months of the anime airing after all the pushing, marketing and hype building isn't really good, not that i think anything will happen with the manga at all but i think Shonen Jump should start to treat Dr. Stone more like what it is, a average success.Dr Stone's sales actually increased, it's not as bad as a boost (it's not like everyone has to duplicate / triple sales).
In my opinion, Stone is penalized in part by the fact that it is not just a series for everyone, but it seems that in the homeland it especially appeals to the female public and this can still have a certain value for the Jump.
For all we know, it could be like early Hinomaru, very popular with the magazine readers but doesn't correlate with people who buy volumes.That's a positive way to see things but not even reaching 100k with 3 months of the anime airing after all the pushing, marketing and hype building isn't really good, not that i think anything will happen with the manga at all but i think Shonen Jump should start to treat Dr. Stone more like what it is, a average success.
