Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,296
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Very nice !!!
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
Funny thing is Oda directly criticized Shonen Jump in the authors comment at the time because they didn't gave the magazine cover for Naruto last chapter, like you gave two chapters, one full color but still not the damn cover?
I'm still triggered about it. I dont care what for other problem lies for naruto but getting a cover, just give the goat a cover for his LAST chapter that carried your magazine. Zzzz
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You'd think that would be a strong enough reason, right? But then you think about how WSJ hit its peak circulation because of DBZ and how DBZ became the strong starting point for WSJ (and for the manga and Anime industry) in becoming popular outside Japan and yet they didn't give it a cover. So I don't really know.
Pff, I dont know anymore.. how do covers even work, if simple thinks like these dont get covers
 

Paze

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
121
Reaction score
116
Age
33
Country
United States
Funny thing is Oda directly criticized Shonen Jump in the authors comment at the time because they didn't gave the magazine cover for Naruto last chapter, like you gave two chapters, one full color but still not the damn cover?
I read that before but I could never find the author comment where Oda said that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I remember hearing somewhere around the time that Naruto was ending that Kishimoto wasn’t drawing the series (unofficially), but instead it was an assistant. Did anyone else hear anything about this or was this complete bull?
It's just a theory based on how the art changed and looked similar to Boruto which Ikemoto did. Also I think in an interview Kishimoto said Akira Okubo helped him create the manga due to the workload. I'm sure he was still drawing but so where his assistants, which makes sense especially considering how long Naruto went.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,296
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
However, Boruto sells discreetly to be a sequel-spin off, and had its franchise.

A bit like Dr Stone, I read that here they diminish it a lot, but he had a boost
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,296
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Dr Stone's sales actually increased, it's not as bad as a boost (it's not like everyone has to duplicate / triple sales).

In my opinion, Stone is penalized in part by the fact that it is not just a series for everyone, but it seems that in the homeland it especially appeals to the female public and this can still have a certain value for the Jump.
 

Blue16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
5,974
Age
28
Country
Spain
I love the theme on the preview page is that everyone is eating because of the appetite due to autumn’s arrival
But Hinata is crying...
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,500
Reaction score
39,543
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Dr Stone's sales actually increased, it's not as bad as a boost (it's not like everyone has to duplicate / triple sales).

In my opinion, Stone is penalized in part by the fact that it is not just a series for everyone, but it seems that in the homeland it especially appeals to the female public and this can still have a certain value for the Jump.
That's a positive way to see things but not even reaching 100k with 3 months of the anime airing after all the pushing, marketing and hype building isn't really good, not that i think anything will happen with the manga at all but i think Shonen Jump should start to treat Dr. Stone more like what it is, a average success.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
That's a positive way to see things but not even reaching 100k with 3 months of the anime airing after all the pushing, marketing and hype building isn't really good, not that i think anything will happen with the manga at all but i think Shonen Jump should start to treat Dr. Stone more like what it is, a average success.
For all we know, it could be like early Hinomaru, very popular with the magazine readers but doesn't correlate with people who buy volumes.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
I really hope Act-Age decides to actually explore the pit bottom of mental health when all is said and done. That is all.

Though I guess it would be in Weekly Young Jump if that was ever to happen.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I guess we can talk about chapters already. Haven't even read whole magazine yet, but I'm shaking already with Act-Age's chapter. I don't even need to read more to affirm it has been the BEST of the whole magazine this week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top