Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
1,214
Country
United Nations
Huh. I just read chapter 0 of Naruto.

Man, that's a completely different manga. Now I'm wondering what would have happened if that one got serialised.
 

Samael Morningstar

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
4,556
Reaction score
4,471
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Huh. I just read chapter 0 of Naruto.

Man, that's a completely different manga. Now I'm wondering what would have happened if that one got serialised.
That would have been far better than what Naruto is
 

Pointless Pursuit

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
33
Age
33
Country
Italy
Ehem...there's actually someone who created an alt account(s) on Twitter just to spam fake bullcraps against Kishimoto and Samurai 8... no benefit. Just pure, mindless and crazy hate.
I bet 20 bucks that this 5ch (absolutely credible :cookiehand) employee is just mr. "Twitter dude". . .
 

Ebrietas-

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
399
Reaction score
705
Country
Turkey
Don't know much about these stuff but One Piece Vol 94 doesn't have great reviews either, I don't think that's a really good indicator to use.
That volume was only rated by 3 people so far and Samurai 8 volume has only 5 voters as well
 
Last edited:

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
God is real, Summer 2020 for Viz is packing straight HEAT
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,454
Reaction score
39,351
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Don't know much about these stuff but One Piece Vol 94 doesn't have great reviews either, I don't think that's a really good indicator to use.
The new Neverland volume has also the same score and number of reviews as Samurai 8 which i expected it wouldn get a great score, Amazon is never reliable about this, first Sayuki volume had a great score and many reviews while bombing super hard on sales lol
 

Paze

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
121
Reaction score
116
Age
33
Country
United States
Huh. I just read chapter 0 of Naruto.

Man, that's a completely different manga. Now I'm wondering what would have happened if that one got serialised.
It would have been axed. It sucked.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
One Piece #93 has a 2.5 star rating on Amazon Japan with over 100 reviews. People generally don't seem to like the Wano arc.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Would be curious to see what the Japanese Manga Youtuber community is like
 

Paze

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
121
Reaction score
116
Age
33
Country
United States
One Piece #93 has a 2.5 star rating on Amazon Japan with over 100 reviews. People generally don't seem to like the Wano arc.
I think it's being brigadied by Japanese nationalists who hate Oda for making fun of samurai. They've attacked him before. I'm not the biggest fan of Wano either though.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Glad for Act-Age. The more recognition for this piece of art the merrier.
I hope this time they put the remaining chapters on the ESJ vault so that I can reread everything, in English this time.
 

Kolbe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
150
Reaction score
338
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I think it's being brigadied by Japanese nationalists who hate Oda for making fun of samurai. They've attacked him before. I'm not the biggest fan of Wano either though.
I didn't knew this was a thing. Do you have any source on this "japanese nationalists mad at wano"
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
I remember Oda got in trouble for making a joke that got japanese nationalists angry in the author comment from one of the volumes. Shueisha had to issue an official apology and everything. But I don't think anything of the sort has come up with Wano.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I didn't knew this was a thing. Do you have any source on this "japanese nationalists mad at wano"
not really a source, more like a review on amazon

 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Okay yeah, @TyVip just posted the same above.
 

TJQ15

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
190
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One Piece #93 has a 2.5 star rating on Amazon Japan with over 100 reviews. People generally don't seem to like the Wano arc.
The volume sold over a 1.5 million (correct me if I’m wrong) and only 100 people review it on Amazon so 0.006667% of readership minimum. Not the most reliable sample size. Plus the sample size is skewed toward people that either hated it enough to leave a review or who loved it enough to leave a review. If anything we need like a randomized sample of like 10,000 or more people that bought the volume to get any hard evidence of any opinions (or you know declining sales).
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,551
Reaction score
11,289
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
So, still no Shokugeki data ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top