Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

anime64

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2018
Messages
150
Reaction score
105
Age
37
Country
Saudi Arabia
Guys who do you think will win at the end
One piece or kimetsu
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
While everybody is busy thinking in muh Samurai 8 I want to comment about SpyxFamily beith 4th and beating almost all Jump; and at the same time Jujutsu Kaisen being 5th and already beating Black Clover.
It's still the first day
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
...


unlikely uphill battle, needs a ton of stuff to happen in it's favour for it to happen, won't put it at zero just yet, but as of now, highly unlikely but not impossible
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
Kimetsu stronk


I came here to post these :emocat

Keep in mind this is after limiting them to ONE A PERSON or they'd be GONE

Kimetsu #1 Annual Sales Gang
it will happen.

Also, feels bad for sachan and aratas low rankings. They didn't deserve dead last.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
I like how we are talking about sam8 sales being bad or good while we ignore that is lower than hinomaru zumou vol 16.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I like how we are talking about sam8 sales being bad or good while we ignore that is lower than hinomaru zumou vol 16.
just noticed that too...

damn....
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I like how we are talking about sam8 sales being bad or good while we ignore that is lower than hinomaru zumou vol 16.
We all saw it.

It's just no one wanted to acknowledge it based on the Elephant in the Room principle.
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I like how we are talking about sam8 sales being bad or good while we ignore that is lower than hinomaru zumou vol 16.
That's volume 27 of HZ, but it was in 16th place.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I like how we are talking about sam8 sales being bad or good while we ignore that is lower than hinomaru zumou vol 16.
We all saw it.

It's just no one wanted to acknowledge it based on the Elephant in the Room principle.
just noticed that too...

damn....
I didn't understand your argument or your disappointment.

And above all I still have to understand how you can judge something by ONE SALE day, but obviously you have qualities that we mere mortals don't have.

Ok.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Why're we acting like saying S8 is underpreforming is invalidated because it's just the Day 1 Shoseki numbers? Is the assumption that sales are just going to suddenly jump up, even with no precedent of that ever really happening?
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I didn't understand your argument or your disappointment.

And above all I still have to understand how you can judge something by ONE SALE day, but obviously you have qualities that we mere mortals don't have.

Ok.
Because there's patterns and points of comparison we can look at? It's pretty obvious just one day won't tell the whole picture, but if you debut at 30th it's hard to imagine it being a huge flop, just as it's hard to imagine it being a 100k seller in the first week. You make it sound like it's something way out there, lol.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Because there's patterns and points of comparison we can look at? It's pretty obvious just one day won't tell the whole picture, but if you debut at 30th it's hard to imagine it being a huge flop, just as it's hard to imagine it being a 100k seller in the first week. You make it sound like it's something way out there, lol.
It's not like we're acting like the series is a massive flop either, though the argument can be made it is considering the advertising put into it. It's...decent for a starting series, but hardly what you'd expect for Kishimoto's grand comeback.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Because there's patterns and points of comparison we can look at? It's pretty obvious just one day won't tell the whole picture, but if you debut at 30th it's hard to imagine it being a huge flop, just as it's hard to imagine it being a 100k seller in the first week. You make it sound like it's something way out there, lol.
But why should he sell 100 k the first week?

Even 20k-30k would be a good result ...

And I am also referring to those who already saw Juinjutsu and Chainsaw Man over Black Clover.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Btw, I'm not Kimetsu biggest fan (and I am a huge OP fan), but I really want Kimetsu to be first, it would be a really amazing achievement, even more considering that OP got a pretty hyped movie and the new arc in the anime, so it's not really a regular year for the manga. For it to still be beaten would be really impressive, and probably something that wouldn't happen again so soon.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
But why should he sell 100 k the first week?

Even 20k-30k would be a good result ...

And I am also referring to those who already saw Juinjutsu and Chainsaw Man over Black Clover.
Because this isn't Jujutsu (new author) or Chainsaw (cult Jump+ author).

This is Kishimoto.

Arguing that doing 20-30k is fine would work in a normal context, but not here.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
But why should he sell 100 k the first week?

Even 20k-30k would be a good result ...

And I am also referring to those who already saw Juinjutsu and Chainsaw Man over Black Clover.
It's fine, I think, but considering it's a new Kishimoto manga, it's not really good. Not even talking about the manga being pushed or whatever, but it's reasonable to imagine a lot of people would have bought it because of Kishimoto's name. The growth potential is lessened in the case of a popular author, I would say. I don't think Jump wanted a 30k seller for the first volume of a new Kishimoto manga, even more considering similar comebacks were down after volume 1.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Very dissapointed by Samurai 8, losing to Hinomaru Zumou which sells around 20k/below in some cases....

Guess I was too optimistic with 80k hopes lol
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Very dissapointed by Samurai 8, losing to Hinomaru Zumou which sells around 20k/below in some cases....

Guess I was too optimistic with 80k hopes lol
I voted 120k+, lol. That was a swing and a miss, unless something really unprecedented happens.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top