Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Seems that 2.5D and Dear Sa-chan will do as I predicted, one around what Interrogation Princess did, the other being a massive bomb.

Happy to see SxF above Jujutsu, BC and Souma.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
It's fine, I think, but considering it's a new Kishimoto manga, it's not really good. Not even talking about the manga being pushed or whatever, but it's reasonable to imagine a lot of people would have bought it because of Kishimoto's name.
But why ?

I don't understand, what does it involve?

Very dissapointed by Samurai 8, losing to Hinomaru Zumou which sells around 20k/below in some cases....
Yet ???

Guys, it's a sales day, A DAY !!!!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I voted 120k+, lol. That was a swing and a miss, unless something really unprecedented happens.
100 k?

This is science fiction, in the best of cases a 30k is more logical.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
But why ?

I don't understand, what does it involve?


Yet ???

Guys, it's a sales day, A DAY !!!!
It's not going to suddenly rise and overtake things just because, I haven't seen that happen in cases that isn't SxF, which was also much down in print numbers and needed reprints. S8 has a big printing numbers from what I saw.
Going from a million per vol seller manga to 20-30k at best Oricon seller, and majority coming just because Kishimoto and the push...I doubt Shuieisha isn't dissapointed. RxL is gonna do better at this point!
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
RxL was able to break 100k on Vol 1 per Shoseki estimates, S8 will be lucky in its current position to make break 50.
And he did it after only one day I imagine.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
But why ?

I don't understand, what does it involve?


Yet ???

Guys, it's a sales day, A DAY !!!!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



100 k?

This is science fiction, in the best of cases a 30k is more logical.
Eden's Zero is another sci-fi manga from a returning battle shounen veteran and it did 100k. I figured Kishimoto would do more.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
t's not going to suddenly rise and overtake things just because, I haven't seen that happen in cases that isn't SxF, which was also much down in print numbers and needed reprints. S8 has a big printing numbers from what I saw.
But....

What does it has to do with it ? No one has said that he must overtake all the positions, only that it is objectively soon to make judgments based on a data of ONE DAY of sales.

Going from a million per vol seller manga to 20-30k at best Oricon seller, and majority coming just because Kishimoto and the push...I doubt Shuieisha isn't dissapointed.
I suppose everyone, from Kishimoto to Shueisha, expected that he would never ever even half as far as Naruto in terms of sales or success, even in light of Kishimoto's statement that it would not be a very long series

So ... I would say no.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I voted 120k+, lol. That was a swing and a miss, unless something really unprecedented happens.
Who's got the chart of who voted what? Because I think a lot of yall owe me betting money.

Seems that 2.5D and Dear Sa-chan will do as I predicted, one around what Interrogation Princess did, the other being a massive bomb.

Happy to see SxF above Jujutsu, BC and Souma.
Sacchan gets what it deserves. Unironically one of the worst manga I've read. Reads like a bad NTR doujin, only every character has the personality of cardboard.

It's not going to suddenly rise and overtake things just because, I haven't seen that happen in cases that isn't SxF, which was also much down in print numbers and needed reprints. S8 has a big printing numbers from what I saw.
Going from a million per vol seller manga to 20-30k at best Oricon seller, and majority coming just because Kishimoto and the push...I doubt Shuieisha isn't dissapointed. RxL is gonna do better at this point!
It's especially noteworthy because of the advertising put into the series. One of the things done for example was a billboard on every station on the Yamanote Line, a trainline which is basically half the reason a city as massive as Tokyo is able to even function. Doing that alone likely would've cost millions.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Shueisha did one good thing with putting S8 promo in each Jump volume released now, so maybe it helps? People on 4ch predict now it wont even enter Oricon.

My poor Dark Gathering bombing so hard, noo.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Sam8 can outperform zumou but is difficult.

I don't know , I simply found funny how we go for laught at people believing the print story to being in damage control because the series isn't selling as good as they believed.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I don't know , I simply found funny how we go for laught at people believing the print story to being in damage control because the series isn't selling as good as they believed.
I have always believed that it would have sold around 20-30 k.

Notwithstanding that it is objectively too early to make judgments.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea


In less depressing/apprehensive news, bookstores apparently have been having to limit copies of Kimetsu to just one per person because of how popular they are. Holy shit.
Are people scalping copies of Demon Slayer? The only other reason I can think to buy more than one copy is one for reading and one for saving in which case why not just buy digital for reading?
Most of these are volumes with special post card from a pool of 10 different anime scenes.
These are currently being resold at above volume price

 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
But do sales of the My Hero guidebook count as franchise sales?
 

Kharthas

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2019
Messages
119
Reaction score
420
Age
34
Country
United States
Of course we can't judge anything long term just by one day of data, but we can make observations on how, at this moment, Samurai 8 is doing compared to its peers. Maybe sales will increase in the next few days, maybe it will pick up next week, we don't know yet. What we do know is that it's not doing particularly great first day on sale.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top