Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I dont know if somone said, but here Haikyu author comment in tocs #46 :
Does this imply HQ might be entering its final arc soon?
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Wanted to point out something quick.

Someone posted earlier Jigokuraku's Interview here with its M+ links. It seems it was directly posted to reddit, don't know exactly if it's also someone from here. As you probably saw in the link, it was not the usual mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp, but a weirder one. When M+ pages are shown like that, it means they have not been officially posted in the website, so it's like we shouldn't know about it. As of now, I have been posting that kind of stuff past 11:00 (CEST) or past 17:00 (CEST), which are some of the hours in which the website is updated and could be considered like safe hours in which there's more content displayed and everything can actually be posted. It has been like this for quite some months already, but this time it was posted way earlier, at around 5:00 (CEST) here and at 7:00 (CEST) in reddit.

Well, this has all ended in both interview pages, english and spanish, to be manually taken down. If you try to access it, it gives an actual 404 Error line, and also not the usual one for pages that are actually without content. What I'm saying is, it's proof that they decided to take them down manually after them being publicly posted in forums. Don't know if the trigger was here or reddit, but since it was taken down at around 10:30 (CEST), I guess reddit's the closer one. Not only that, but every single other page which had content that also wasn't officially posted in the website has been taken down. Those were pages 252 and 254, one with copyright info about the website (which I don't actually care much) and a Drama genre promotion page with series like Act-Age, Shokugeki no Soma (why?) and Rurouni Kenshin. Here's the banner that page had.



What's the conclusion of all this? Well, we won't probably ever have more info that these kind of pages provided us. That means, no more early Author Comments, new series pages (like the one they made to announce SPY x FAMILY was coming in spanish language), Interviews and any other thing they would feel like posting in these pages.

So please. Please. If we are lucky and these kind of pages go back to the usual early schedule, refrain of posting and exposing them publicly so f****** early. I don't want to make all the work we have done researching the website to go to waste. Thank you.

UPDATE: Just checked and it seems also page 256 has been manually taken down. Don't know what kind of content did it have, but it's lost now.
 
Last edited:

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I'm baffled as to why we're still using this argument that apparently everything with S8 is fine because Kishi wrote it to have a slow start.
You're always baffled.

it shows that, at best, the series is running purely on the fumes of Naruto and whatever prior advertising was given.
As always, this is only one of your assumptions... How many times will people have to ask you to stop stating your assumptions as facts?

Where would you give credit to Spy x Family? The characters and their relationship? The story? The sum of everything?
What makes it that good?
I think the best feature of SXF are its characters and the way they interact to each other.

Anya, specially, since she reflects us as readers, knowing everything that happens in every character's minds (with the exception of Damian being in love with her).

Aside from that, all the rest is really well done and structured. And, personally, I think the series have this silly charm without trying to be edgy or by appealing to fanservice, which is a really common feature today.
 
Last edited:

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Aside from the fact that the Twitter account labels itself as a "fan account": Rumiko apparently said she can't use smartphones and computers, so I doubt she would operate a Twitter page.



Would make it even more sad/memorable if it happened this year, where OP actually had four volumes out again in the sales period.
Ah, I see. That’s my bad, then. XD Thank you!

Also, 800k for Spy x Family? Holy shit. If it’s above goddamn Kimetsu, then the latter was seriously underprinted, which... will probably affect its chances of getting to 600k in a month.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
In Author Comments I'm always expecting Tabata. He's the author that makes more references to fellow colleages, probably the most sociable author in Jump.

Then Horikoshi. I always call Tabata and Horikoshi as the Jump big fanboys.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
1,214
Country
United Nations
As an aside, if Jump is indeed propping Mitama up to be their new end-magazine gag series (which seems to be the case), I can't help put feel they're being a bit presumptuous about the series, given how thin and one-note the premise is. I could be wrong, though, it's entirely possible they'll just let it run its course out of convenience.
I don't think that's the problem. Interrogation Princess is even more one-note and that one is doing fine.


Where would you give credit to Spy x Family? The characters and their relationship? The story? The sum of everything?
What makes it that good?

I know it is great, but I didn't expect such thing at all, I cannot explain its success. XD

Also, since the series is all about people keeping secrets from everybody what do you guys keep secret from everybody? :3c
It manages a good mix of cute and funny (much like Interrogation Princess).

But on top of that it also has a story, which means it can attract people who aren't into simple gags and readers will be more tempted to come back to see how things are progressing.
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wanted to point out something quick.

Someone posted earlier Jigokuraku's Interview here with its M+ links. It seems it was directly posted to reddit, don't know exactly if it's also someone from here. As you probably saw in the link, it was not the usual mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp, but a weirder one. When M+ pages are shown like that, it means they have not been officially posted in the website, so it's like we shouldn't know about it. As of now, I have been posting that kind of stuff past 11:00 (CEST) or past 17:00 (CEST), which are some of the hours in which the website is updated and could be considered like safe hours in which there's more content displayed and everything can actually be posted. It has been like this for quite some months already, but this time it was posted way earlier, at around 5:00 (CEST) here and at 7:00 (CEST) in reddit.

Well, this has all ended in both interview pages, english and spanish, to be manually taken down. If you try to access it, it gives an actual 404 Error line, and also not the usual one for pages that are actually without content. What I'm saying is, it's proof that they decided to take them down manually after them being publicly posted in forums. Don't know if the trigger was here or reddit, but since it was taken down at around 10:30 (CEST), I guess reddit's the closer one. Not only that, but every single other page which had content that also wasn't officially posted in the website has been taken down. Those were pages 252 and 254, one with copyright info about the website (which I don't actually care much) and a Drama genre promotion page with series like Act-Age, Shokugeki no Soma (why?) and Rurouni Kenshin. Here's the banner that page had.



What's the conclusion of all this? Well, we won't probably ever have more info that these kind of pages provided us. That means, no more early Author Comments, new series pages (like the one they made to announce SPY x FAMILY was coming in spanish language), Interviews and any other thing they would feel like posting in these pages.

So please. Please. If we are lucky and these kind of pages go back to the usual early schedule, refrain of posting and exposing them publicly so f****** early. I don't want to make all the work we have done researching the website to go to waste. Thank you.

UPDATE: Just checked and it seems also page 256 has been manually taken down. Don't know what kind of content did it have, but it's lost now.
Oof. Does this include the page we used to figure out chapter IDs like a month in advance?
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
Does this imply HQ might be entering its final arc soon?
The way its worded can be interpreted in different ways but he didn't straight up say
"follow me for a little bit more" (tho this might not be the most accurate translation)
so I can only assume he's referring to the new developments in the series, since
the story will be continuing in Brazil for now.

Then again
if this is the final arc it looks like he's setting up alot of big things so I dont see the series ending for another few years
 
Last edited:

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Oof. Does this include the page we used to figure out chapter IDs like a month in advance?
I don't know if they would be able to change the ID system in one day, or if they even know about we knowing about it. But if they know about us leaking all their pages, they may also know about all of this. I will have to check it tomorrow when chapters are uploaded, but I really hope we don't lose one of the biggest sources of information about series.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Spy x Family : 1-2 (+ digital) : 800 000

Kimetsu no Yaiba Novel : 1-2 : 400 000.
Yeah, a million prints before January 4th when the 3rd volume comes out is a given now.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Trending on pirated content lol,.

Also One Piece sales are streamlined now, the movie released back in august didn't do anything to its (Even a small bump in backlogs).

Also if I'm a volume reader, the latest chapter wouldn't matter to me at all because i'm not caught up yet. People that caught up with One Piece may or may not buy the volume.

This may or may not be true anymore, but a while back I heard that there are certain One Piece fans that buy in bulk, they buy when an arc/saga is finished. So if that is true they wouldn't buy the Wano Volumes now because it isn't done yet.

One Piece in 2019 with 4 volumes wouldn't do the same as One Piece in 2017 in 4 volumes (2017 did 11.4 mil), estimation for this year One Piece is ~9.5-10M
You never know as possibilities are out there and is that true? Don't see that it only raised during saga over as they been high even now in the millions, so feel it will continue. We can't always predict outcome as anything possible for it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It definitely won’t happen before the end of the year, Shueisha would have to be crazy to do that. Even if it got released in December it wouldn't count for this year's sales. Actually, volume 94 is selling a bit under volume 88, which also had a 3 day first week, but we have to see how it does in weeks 2 and 3. OP got a movie this year and had better production for the anime, but it barely did anything for the sales, they remained kind of stable throughout the whole year. Also, it was trending mostly outside of Japan and that's pretty much irrelevant for the manga market in that country (especially when it's from leaks).
They could do that since OP is their main factor out all other series in the long run. Depending how Oda works, it could be out in time or not.

Wouldn't say it irrelevant on trending as that kind if thing lead to more sales from all around just like other series before. Plus you never know on what OP can muster as this isn't the first time it surpassed what we thought before and still stays ahead overall in the end.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You never know as possibilities are out there and is that true? Don't see that it only raised during saga over as they been high even now in the millions, so feel it will continue. We can't always predict outcome as anything possible for it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



They could do that since OP is their main factor out all other series in the long run. Depending how Oda works, it could be out in time or not.

Wouldn't say it irrelevant on trending as that kind if thing lead to more sales from all around just like other series before. Plus you never know on what OP can muster as this isn't the first time it surpassed what we thought before and still stays ahead overall in the end.
OP has only 5 chapters not compiled into a tankoubon and each volume has 11 chapters usually so it needs 6 more to fill one. OP is on another break next week so it will only have 11 chapters by the end of November. It's impossible for them to release a volume in the following month. This is why OP's next volume is not scheduled for January either, they'd be short of chapters so they want to wait and have more chapters yet to be compiled, that's what happened with MHA this year too. And I must repeat, the fiscal year will be over next month, a volume released in December would mean nothing for yearly sales. The trending hasn't given the series a sales boost, too. The trending came from early leaks and there are plenty of japanese fans that absolutely hate those leaks, so you really think those trendings help? Also, once again a reminder, volume 94 is still a bit under volume 88 which is comparable because it was the previous volume that had a 3 day first week.
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Beating OP in series sales and even individual volume sales has been done before, Death Note and Nana both beat it in the mid-00s, but Oricon only started posting numbers for 2008 and later.
Back then was before Strong World + Marineford + Time Skip + Z hype, so OP wasn't at stratospheric levels yet. And if Kimetsu beats it this year, it still won't be a big deal because that boost has leveled out.
Damn it, why did you mention Nana :notlikethis . HxH fans are still lucky their beloved manga is still being made (?), wait so we didn't have a new HxH chapter since 2019 began. Is HxH going to take another whole year off?

Now even Spy x Family is above KnY in Shosheki. Either Kimetsu is extremely front-loaded, or they under-printed it massively.
Chainsaw man will also have a reprint
So:
1 One Piece
2 Neverland
3 Spy x Family
4 Kimetsu 
5 The Ride-On King
6 Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody
7 Beastars
8 Black Clover
9 Soma
10 How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
11 Jujutsu
12 Uq Holder
13 Kaguya sama
14 Boruto

Now if only Shueisha didn't overestimate one certain series performance and put their printers to print manga people actually want to buy :derp. Isn't it great to make business decision with the power of hindsight.
 
Last edited:

El Jacco

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
342
Reaction score
2,920
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Wanted to point out something quick.

Someone posted earlier Jigokuraku's Interview here with its M+ links. It seems it was directly posted to reddit, don't know exactly if it's also someone from here. As you probably saw in the link, it was not the usual mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp, but a weirder one. When M+ pages are shown like that, it means they have not been officially posted in the website, so it's like we shouldn't know about it. As of now, I have been posting that kind of stuff past 11:00 (CEST) or past 17:00 (CEST), which are some of the hours in which the website is updated and could be considered like safe hours in which there's more content displayed and everything can actually be posted. It has been like this for quite some months already, but this time it was posted way earlier, at around 5:00 (CEST) here and at 7:00 (CEST) in reddit.

Well, this has all ended in both interview pages, english and spanish, to be manually taken down. If you try to access it, it gives an actual 404 Error line, and also not the usual one for pages that are actually without content. What I'm saying is, it's proof that they decided to take them down manually after them being publicly posted in forums. Don't know if the trigger was here or reddit, but since it was taken down at around 10:30 (CEST), I guess reddit's the closer one. Not only that, but every single other page which had content that also wasn't officially posted in the website has been taken down. Those were pages 252 and 254, one with copyright info about the website (which I don't actually care much) and a Drama genre promotion page with series like Act-Age, Shokugeki no Soma (why?) and Rurouni Kenshin. Here's the banner that page had.



What's the conclusion of all this? Well, we won't probably ever have more info that these kind of pages provided us. That means, no more early Author Comments, new series pages (like the one they made to announce SPY x FAMILY was coming in spanish language), Interviews and any other thing they would feel like posting in these pages.

So please. Please. If we are lucky and these kind of pages go back to the usual early schedule, refrain of posting and exposing them publicly so f****** early. I don't want to make all the work we have done researching the website to go to waste. Thank you.

UPDATE: Just checked and it seems also page 256 has been manually taken down. Don't know what kind of content did it have, but it's lost now.
I'm sorry Raf, I didn't know the implications of posting the link and sorry to everyone who been following the mangaplus links, for my dumb action, we will probably dont get the pages that we got from mangaplus.

I know that I can't fix this, I deleted my post with the interview link as soon as I saw your message and wont post those links anymore.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Be more safe with sharing these contents and glad they're back up. How do people even post it early?
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'm sorry Raf, I didn't know the implications of posting the link and sorry to everyone who been following the mangaplus links, for my dumb action, we will probably dont get the pages that we got from mangaplus.

I know that I can't fix this, I deleted my post with the interview link as soon as I saw your message and wont post those links anymore.
As I talked with you earlier, don't sweat it that much anymore. I know you didn't want to harm anyone and I want to think whoever posted it on reddit din't know the implications this had nor wanted this to happen, I'm pretty much aware of that. I should have also warned that posting this kind of stuff early has this kind of consequences, and know that we know about it, I hope it won't repeat. I thank you for recognizing your fault and as I already told you, I'm also partially guilty for all of this.

Also, I still need to properly think about this, but I'm doubting if I should actually comment on IDs whenever they come out. I cannot know when or where should I comment about this anymore, not because of thinking someone will post it anywhere, which would instantly happen because knowing some series is ending is always interesting information, but because I don't know if doing this will end up in this same situation but with the ID system.

As far as I know, posting and commenting text information about whatever is posted in the website, be it early or not, has not caused this situation, but posting explicit content from the pages (such as this time, the interview, or posting screenshots of M+ comments as some individual does on Twitter), is what can trigger this reaction.

Anyway, as I commented earlier, interviews are now back and officially posted in M+. I think it's safe to say everyone will not comment on future interviews until they are released. Although this is not good news. Pages 252, 254 and 256 keep being removed, so it's not like we have recovered every page and we don't have any security for future pages. I ask all of you again to, please, not post stuff so early and in every single forum you think you'll get recognition for it. Thanks.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Be more safe with sharing these contents and glad they're back up. How do people even post it early?
M+ uploads its content at some fixated hours, so if you know them, it's more likely to get information or stuff that isn't publicly posted in the website and leak it hours or days before it's actually announced on it. Won't enter further details in this matter, at least not for now, but that's the gist of it.
 

costicla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
690
Reaction score
603
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Good first rank for Yozakura, hopefully it doesn't drop in the next weeks. Don't remember if Poro place that high for it's first rank.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Good first rank for Yozakura, hopefully it doesn't drop in the next weeks. Don't remember if Poro place that high for it's first rank.
It was 17th out of 20.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top