Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 179 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Posting Rules
  • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
  • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
  • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.


Spoiler Pics and Translations
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
  • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
  • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
  • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.


Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana





Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credit: Ohana

 
Last edited:

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,554
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
So, Genya and Tokito are done ?
 

amxlm

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
179
Reaction score
394
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
France
Oh no..... 😭😭😭
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So, Genya and Tokito are done ?
Apparently 😭
 

Lord Traffy Law

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 27, 2018
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
3,519
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
wow so genya died
the mangaka is tough, following through with the deaths
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
See people thought tokitou and Genya survive. Their death It was confirm ages ago.

i am sad for Muichiro and genya. But to take down upper moon 1 you need sacrifices.

So Muichiro and Genya is dead.

So who remaining survivors Tanjiro,Giyu,Kanao,Sanemi,Himejima,tengen,Snake pillar and love pillar. Plus Zenitsu and Inosuke

Wow all people Tanjiro befriend with just die Shinobu,Tokitou and Genya.

I guess besides decaptitation,Sun and wisteria poison. Splitting demon in half can also kill Demon proven that Genya die from it.
 
Last edited:

everythingnice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2019
Messages
528
Reaction score
808
Gender
Female
Country
Fairy Tail
AHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
TOKITOU, GENYA!!!

GOTOUGE WHY?!

Why are you stabbing my heart like this?! 😭

I will remember you two, the brave heroes!! Without you, Kokushibou (to an extent) could never be defeated.

I might as well kill myself:shootme
 

TheMarionette

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 17, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
10
Age
28
Country
Croatia
I guess Kukoshibou was completely right about killing "demon-eaters" by cutting them in half. But with Genya, the split had to be a vertical one.
Still somewhat shocking since he ingested cells of an UM1...
 

KimCorrea

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
740
Reaction score
815
Age
40
Country
Brazil
Genya is turning to ashes on the last pic. That's sad. I didn't care about tokito too much. But genya... :/
 

SEADEN

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 10, 2016
Messages
31
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I just started the manga few days ago and now genya died...
man that's sad. I liked him
 

Taska

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
94
Reaction score
137
Age
29
Country
Australia
I'm really not surprised by Tokito's death, because come on guys, he lost his left arm, got stubbed in the chest, lost his leg, then lower half, and then his right arm. Unless it's a fairytail, no one survives THAT.
But D A M N, Gotoge-sensei, did you really have to go this far with Genya? I mean, no afterlife talk with his family, no proper talk with his brother (and well, I really kinda hoped, that 1st Moon's blood was strong enough to heal him partially at least, and maybe plot armor? He was one of the 5 kinda protagonist?), and Sanemy couldn't even hold him, because suddenly "nee-chan, I don't feel so good". That hurts that really, really hurts ;_;
At least i hope that's not all that happens in this chapter and there will still be more.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
I can't help but think about what she said in the recent volume when I see all these deaths. And I find this rather amusing :amuse. We don't have the full chapter so maybe there is more to Genya's death.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
What the actual fuck? Genya?
 

Laminariales

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
395
Gender
Female
Country
Akatsuki
God genya chapter in the last novel was a bad omen but I was still in denial ;-; tokitou too ;-; poor sanemi ;-;
 

iamnightwing

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Messages
98
Reaction score
193
Age
42
Country
Philippines
Had a feeling about the deaths but still doesn't hurt less when confirmed
True... I was resigned to the fact Tokito is dead, but wasn't expecting Genya's would hurt more....
 

-Stray

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2017
Messages
197
Reaction score
340
Age
33
Country
Avatar
Wow Getouge actually killed not just Tokitou but Genya too... damn.
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
Tsugikuni bloodline is extinct damn. Three name Major characters kill in single arc gotouge is brutal but this arc is very tense and exciting now I don t who is save and who will die. One of the best shounen I read. Tension and excitement is all over the place.

I want too see how Tanjiro react too see all this dead basically all people he befriend last arc are dead Tokitou and Genya. The crow will annouced it next chapter I believe.

I wonder If love pillar and snake pillar can beat Nakime without casualty or one of them die? All remainer pillar and demon slayers will head to Muzan. So Love and Snake needs to somehow beat Nakime with only two of them together. Can they do it? Who knows.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Tsugikuni bloodline is extinct damn. Three name Major characters kill in single arc gotouge is brutal but this arc is very tense and exciting now I don t who is save and who will die. One of the best shounen I read. Tension and excitement is all over the place.

I want too see how Tanjiro react too see all this dead basically all people he befriend last arc are dead Tokitou and Genya. The crow will annouced it next chapter I believe.

I wonder If love pillar and snake pillar can beat Nakime without casualty or one of them die? All remainer pillar and demon slayers will head to Muzan. So Love and Snake needs to somehow beat Nakime with only two of them together. Can they do it? Who knows.
Its not necessarily extinct. Kokushibo was a human hundreds of years ago... His descendants could number in the thousands. It is still horrible that he killed one of them though.


Welp, this chapter is realistically speaking the most logical conclusion to the fight. I did kinda thought genya would regenerate. And it is very surprising that his death is actually like that of a demon. I figured he'd leave a corpse behind. Its a Shame that we didn't get to see tokito get turned into a demon...
 
Top