sure but unless those 1 million subs almost 3 years ago all mass-unsubbed I think the 20th most watched show on Crunchyroll for a 3 month period is still pulling pretty good numbers.
And even then VRAINS the latest incarnation still got cancelled and that made more money than BC but was way below the profit margins of the franchise as a whole. If BC is still doing worse than franchises that have long since ended and are getting their revenue through extended merchandise than its not doing well at all.
Mostly agree. Gintama's only felt like it was dragging on towards the last year or so. Aside from that, it was solid.
Last arc had the weakest writing in the series even outside Sorachi dragging things out. It ended well enough to say that the journey meant something but it took a lot out of the love I had for the series when I started it. Sometimes its better to end and leave people wanting more like Saiki did.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gotouge decides to extend the story because of the post-anime popularity. At all. If I were Shueisha, I would do anything to keep Kimetsu ongoing.
He could do it, but I think the story would get significantly worse.
However for how things are put I would say that it can easily stretch out of another arc.
Once all the UM are dead, Muzan can escape and go in search of the blue lily (I don't think Gotouge will let the origin of the flower remain pending, unless it turns out that the real villain is the doctor who turned Muzan into a demon, and it would be just the kind of thing to avoid).
Then a timeskip and final clash with Tanjiro and Nezuko. It will stretch a little, but it could do so without messing up the plot by adding absurd stuff like Kaguya or the Black Clover kotodama demon.
I can attest to BC being among its most popular series streaming on the website HOWEVER it doesn't really mean much if CR doesn't have a high place on the comittee listing and is just one of many places BC is available for streaming. I mean there's plenty of shows that stream on CR and still get cancelled despite their overseas popularity.
Black Clover is popular and successful. You need to stop trying to deny that, it's just weird at this point. Yeah maybe it's not a top MHA/Neverland/now Kimetsu-tier series but it's a solid and safe mid-magazine thing that's not leaving any time soon. Especially with the big lack of hits to take its place.
Speaking of spinoff, I wonder what happens to Kimetsu Gaiden. It's supposed to be a collection of episodic stories focusing on the pillars, but they haven't made anything after the first 2 chapters half a year ago, before anime even aired. The Bozebeat mangaka is free and a fan of the series too. It boggles the mind that they seem to forget it completely. Isn't this the best time to catch up on the series popularity?
Speaking of spinoff, I wonder what happens to Kimetsu Gaiden. It's supposed to be a collection of episodic stories focusing on the pillars, but they haven't made anything after the first 2 chapters half a year ago, before anime even aired. The Bozebeat mangaka is free and a fan of the series too. It boggles the mind that they seem to forget it completely. Isn't this the best time to catch up on the series popularity?
Speaking of spinoff, I wonder what happens to Kimetsu Gaiden. It's supposed to be a collection of episodic stories focusing on the pillars, but they haven't made anything after the first 2 chapters half a year ago, before anime even aired. The Bozebeat mangaka is free and a fan of the series too. It boggles the mind that they seem to forget it completely. Isn't this the best time to catch up on the series popularity?
There is zero chance Kimetsu ends in 20 chapters, unless it's rushed liked there is no tomorrow.
Because the industry is not the same as it was back then. Overseas market is now more profitable than the japanese market which is why you see shows getting sequel even though they don’t do well in Japan. Why do you think the anime got another 51 ep extension for the second time despite not having good TV ratings?
Besides that, Shueisha isn't even producing the anime since they're licensing it to TV Tokyo and Pierrot. So then why would the series be in danger when it's consistently making money for them?
No, it isn't. The manga market is the biggest in Japan by far. lol This isn't the anime market, which even so, Japan still is the biggest and then it comes China, the rest of Asia, and the west.
Thanks for posting this. I was too lazy to google. This list basically proves how unremarkable BC's sales is.
Bleach's anime has had consistently low ratings for half of its run, sales of about 1.5k - 2k in DVD + BD combined and still lists consistently in these lists TV TOKYO puts out years after the anime ended.
It really just shows that TV Tokyo has no major franchise in its wings aside from Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto.
Again, you're doing the same thing people are doing here with the manga industry and digital market. Equating the overall value and applying it for a single product.
Naruto, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh are extremely popular outside of Japan. This shouldn't even be stated at this point. It's pretty much a given that TV Tokyo's revenue from overseas is from these three franchises. Equating their popularity and applying that to BC is such a poor misdirection of information.
I did like how you start off by quoting their article and then use that as a way to say BC is popular on Crunchyroll without provide anything to back that up as their article does not even mention it. Nice try, I guess.
Literally says that "the report noted that "the industry felt little benefit though the growth" because it was mostly attributable to the overseas market. While Japan does feel benefit from the overseas market growth, that benefit is not as direct, and is less than the benefit felt from domestic market growth, since most overseas sales go to licensing management companies. "
If you're gonna quote an article, use the whole paragraph so that the entire context is understood. It's clearly stated that the Japanese industry does not feel majority of this growth oversees since the sales goes to licensing management companies.
So from the $7 billion revenue of overseas market, a fraction of that goes to Japanese industry. Meaning when a company decides on whether or not they cancel something, the oversea revenue would be a very low factor on their list. Japanese industry relies on the Japanese market. And like my initial comment said, it'll take a solid decade for that to change.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Mostly agree. Gintama's only felt like it was dragging on towards the last year or so. Aside from that, it was solid.
I guess Aikatsu, Boruto, Yokai Watch and Gintama don't count. And I'm not even talking about the quantity of seasonal anime that is there every season.
He could do it, but I think the story would get significantly worse.
However for how things are put I would say that it can easily stretch out of another arc.
Once all the UM are dead, Muzan can escape and go in search of the blue lily (I don't think Gotouge will let the origin of the flower remain pending, unless it turns out that the real villain is the doctor who turned Muzan into a demon, and it would be just the kind of thing to avoid).
Then a timeskip and final clash with Tanjiro and Nezuko. It will stretch a little, but it could do so without messing up the plot by adding absurd stuff like Kaguya or the Black Clover kotodama demon.
Also
the possible UM5, I doubt that Muzan has replaced the sixth and the fourth, but not the fifth.
There is no way to compare Kaguya with the demon (Black clover).
Kaguya was introduced very near the end of the manga as the demon (Black clover) opened the fan to many new things in history.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.