Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I am probably the only one here who hasn't read a single chapter of OP...ever. It's not that I don't want to, but I can't make myself read 900+ chapters. Maybe when I have more time, who knows.
Before the time skip, I think One Piece is almost as easy to read as Bleach, so the chapters passes very quickly and you won't need that much time to read. After the time skip, though, things get more convoluted and it gets harder to follow them, especially with Oda's new artstyle, but you can catch on that later if you like what you read pre TS.

With almost 10 chapters already....

¿David or Miitama?
Not a fan of d1ck jokes, so it's easy to choose Mitama.
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Issue #49 is going to be another early issue, according to Manga+.

The Promised Neverland, which is taking a week off, says that its next chapter will debut Friday, November 1st.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,217
Country
United Nations
Well. Mitama taught me something new today.

The scientific name of the Western lowland gorilla really is Gorilla gorilla gorilla.

Who else thought that was a joke, raise your hand.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I prefer Mitama, but it's not by a huge margin, and I really disliked what I read of David, personally.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
Don't worry Jovan, I'm right there with you. Never read One Piece, and at this point, I highly doubt I'll ever have sufficient time to do it, even if I ever had the strong desire to do so
It takes literally one weekend of binging. You have no excuses.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
It takes literally one weekend of binging. You have no excuses.
One weekend to actually read through 900+ chapters in a manner where anything would stick? I think not. If I actually did want to start reading One Piece, which I don't, then I'd actually want to take the time to enjoy each chapter rather than scroll through each one as fast as I can. Plus, not everyone has the luxury of having the time to devote a full weekend to binging a series like that.
 

Kolbe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
150
Reaction score
338
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
On the ongoing poll, I really want a new mystery/suspense manga just for the sake of it. I love this kind of series and they are kind of rare in Jump.
I also would love a new adventure or sports manga (especially if it's a Curling manga called Trit. :p)
It has been quite a while since this poll happened and I would like to know what you guys think now. I still stick to my prediction: I don't read Yuuna and Kimetsu is on hold, but I think Neverland won't end so soon. WNL, however, could easily end in 2 or even one volume, especially now that the exam happened and the author has been soing this chapters focusing on 2 girls . I think WNL may end in 2019, even.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
It has been quite a while since this poll happened and I would like to know what you guys think now. I still stick to my prediction: I don't read Yuuna and Kimetsu is on hold, but I think Neverland won't end so soon. WNL, however, could easily end in 2 or even one volume, especially now that the exam happened and the author has been soing this chapters focusing on 2 girls . I think WNL may end in 2019, even.
I think We Never Learn will live to see the end of 2019, especially since it could easily throw in some filler chapters to cushion out its run. However, I could definitely see it having everything wrapped up by March or April, which I believe would coincide nicely with real-life Japanese students graduating from high school. If the author does decide to end it the week where Japanese high school students are graduating, I think that would be a pretty nice touch.

But with We Never Learn being close to wrapping up and most of Yuuna's primary plot points mostly being wrapped up, WSJ would then be in need of some more romance series. Does anyone have any preferences for veteran authors they'd like to see come and fill the romance voids (a standard harem romcom and an ecchi harem romcom)?
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It takes literally one weekend of binging. You have no excuses.
I actually read One Piece from beginning to end for the first time this year, pretty much dedicating all of my free time to reading it till I was caught up. I started in August, and that took me about five weeks.

959 chapters in one weekend is absurd.
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue 48 Preview


Cover/LCP: Dr. STONE (Chapter + Reboot: Byakuya, Spin-Off Series (9 chapters))
Color Pages: Haikyu!!, Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings, Tokyo Grind Horror Channel (One-Shot by Tadaichi Nakama)
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The first chapter will have color pages too?
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
On the ongoing poll, I really want a new mystery/suspense manga just for the sake of it. I love this kind of series and they are kind of rare in Jump.
I also would love a new adventure or sports manga (especially if it's a Curling manga called Trit. :p)

It has been quite a while since this poll happened and I would like to know what you guys think now. I still stick to my prediction: I don't read Yuuna and Kimetsu is on hold, but I think Neverland won't end so soon. WNL, however, could easily end in 2 or even one volume, especially now that the exam happened and the author has been soing this chapters focusing on 2 girls . I think WNL may end in 2019, even.
WNL won't end in 2019, but it pretty much is confirmed for me to end on the first half of 2020.
 

Blink22

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,432
Age
32
Country
United States
Surprised Komi has returned to the mag yet
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,549
Reaction score
15,715
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
 

mangalover101

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2018
Messages
65
Reaction score
67
Age
42
Country
Philippines

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
In no order: Shinmai Fukei Killco-san, Black Clover, Dr. Stone, Chainsaw Man, ST&RS
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
In order (1-5): Haikyuu, KnY, World Trigger, JJK, MHA
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Shoseki for 10/19 is out.. A bit better I think for the KNY backlogs.. OP 94 above KNY 17..
Can someone translate the Jump position ?
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
Neverland, Hinomaru Zumou, Dr Stone, Ansatsu and Act-Age, in order
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top