Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
A bit late, but I just realised Dricam is also doing pretty well in the girl department.

I'm going to miss it, it was nice to be able to read a series twice a week.
 

Ebrietas-

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
399
Reaction score
705
Country
Turkey
You sure about that? As I read somewhere they add a lot of things to sales than just manga alone.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Not as much as compare to OP novel though if it's anything like manga volumes, then expect another 1 million - 2 millions+ added too.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Never said they are changing rules, but I heard they count more than manga sales in overall results on sales for an series, so thought that was the case on merchandise based of the manga that counted for it is what I am saying.

Again, I give props to DS, but don't see it as surpassing OP overall especially when it's not trying and it needed every volume to compete in trying to past it's yearly marks and Oda didn't do natural 4 volumes or more per-year compare to it's schedule. Just being realistic as I do see it one of the top series, but don't see it ever truly overcoming OP down the line.
Stuff like novel sales are NOT counted. Not sure why you are still insisting on that.

Nobody is saying that Kimetsu will ever surpass OP in overall sales. OP is obviously still miles above in volume sales(It sells like 3 times more copies). Kimetsu will just sell more copies this year due to backlog. Also OP released 4 volumes since last December
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
You sure about that? As I read somewhere they add a lot of things to sales than just manga alone.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Not as much as compare to OP novel though if it's anything like manga volumes, then expect another 1 million - 2 millions+ added too.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Never said they are changing rules, but I heard they count more than manga sales in overall results on sales for an series, so thought that was the case on merchandise based of the manga that counted for it is what I am saying.

Again, I give props to DS, but don't see it as surpassing OP overall especially when it's not trying and it needed every volume to compete in trying to past it's yearly marks and Oda didn't do natural 4 volumes or more per-year compare to it's schedule. Just being realistic as I do see it one of the top series, but don't see it ever truly overcoming OP down the line.
You're mixing stuff...Oricon only counts pure manga sales. If they do what you say, the list we know would be completely different.

KnY will never surpass op in individual volumes sales or lifetime sales, nobody has done that before and we all know that. It's just about this year's sales.
 

Kharthas

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2019
Messages
119
Reaction score
420
Age
34
Country
United States
Again, I give props to DS, but don't see it as surpassing OP overall especially when it's not trying and it needed every volume to compete in trying to past it's yearly marks and Oda didn't do natural 4 volumes or more per-year compare to it's schedule. Just being realistic as I do see it one of the top series, but don't see it ever truly overcoming OP down the line.
I think you're preaching to the wrong audience. Twitter/Youtube crowds maybe, but no one here ever entertains the thought that Kimetsu can surpass One Piece in any regard expect for this year total sale, and we perfectly know it's because of Kimetsu's huge backlog.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Stuff like novel sales are NOT counted. Not sure why you are still insisting on that.

Nobody is saying that Kimetsu will ever surpass OP in overall sales. OP is obviously still miles above in volume sales(It sells like 3 times more copies). Kimetsu will just sell more copies this year due to backlog. Also OP released 4 volumes since last December
I was told on here before light novels contributed as well to manga sells.

Did it? Others said he doing regular 3 volumes sales as always.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You're mixing stuff...Oricon only counts pure manga sales. If they do what you say, the list we know would be completely different.

KnY will never surpass op in individual volumes sales or lifetime sales, nobody has done that before and we all know that. It's just about this year's sales.
Ah I see. Though it going that deep. Though still iffy on year sales until we see full results by end of the year.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I think you're preaching to the wrong audience. Twitter/Youtube crowds maybe, but no one here ever entertains the thought that Kimetsu can surpass One Piece in any regard expect for this year total sale, and we perfectly know it's because of Kimetsu's huge backlog.
Again thought atmosphere was that many think it can surpassed OP entirely. Just saying on my side it won't go into that phase. If you all thought that way, then my bad as looks like it meant like that.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You sure about that? As I read somewhere they add a lot of things to sales than just manga alone.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Not as much as compare to OP novel though if it's anything like manga volumes, then expect another 1 million - 2 millions+ added too.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Never said they are changing rules, but I heard they count more than manga sales in overall results on sales for an series, so thought that was the case on merchandise based of the manga that counted for it is what I am saying.

Again, I give props to DS, but don't see it as surpassing OP overall especially when it's not trying and it needed every volume to compete in trying to past it's yearly marks and Oda didn't do natural 4 volumes or more per-year compare to it's schedule. Just being realistic as I do see it one of the top series, but don't see it ever truly overcoming OP down the line.
Novels sales only count for print numbers, they don't count for the manga sales that are reflected in Oricon's yearly charts. Also, I realized you're talking about the novel that is Ace focused right? That was released last year, the one that was released this year was the Stampede novel, so if there was any kind of impact, it would come from the Stampede one.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Again thought atmosphere was that many think it can surpassed OP entirely.
I don't think that was stated anywhere, though.
 

Kolbe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
150
Reaction score
338
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

Today it was announced that Spain will release a best-of, 10-volumes collection of Kochikame. As far as I know, that's the first time the manga is being released in the West (or perhaps even outside Japan, as I don't remember to see it in East Asian markets either).

I'm really pumped up. I hope this lead to more anthologic publications of the manga in other countries as well and make it easier to read it legally.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Again thought atmosphere was that many think it can surpassed OP entirely. Just saying on my side it won't go into that phase. If you all thought that way, then my bad as looks like it meant like that.
That was not stated at all. I've only seen OP fans throwing that line around while they are on the defensive and trying to downplay KNY's achievement.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain

Today it was announced that Spain will release a best-of, 10-volumes collection of Kochikame. As far as I know, that's the first time the manga is being released in the West (or perhaps even outside Japan, as I don't remember to see it in East Asian markets either).

I'm really pumped up. I hope this lead to more anthologic publications of the manga in other countries as well and make it easier to read it legally.
Yep, today was a crazy day. We also got licensed Chainsawman, Captain Tsubasa reedition, and SpyxFamily. And Act-age volume 1 is already out.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Novels sales only count for print numbers, they don't count for the manga sales that are reflected in Oricon's yearly charts. Also, I realized you're talking about the novel that is Ace focused right? That was released last year, the one that was released this year was the Stampede novel, so if there was any kind of impact, it would come from the Stampede one.
Ah I see, my bad then. Might have confuse the 2.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't think that was stated anywhere, though.
My bad then.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

That was not stated at all. I've only seen OP fans throwing that line around while they are on the defensive and trying to downplay KNY's achievement.
Not being like that, but it is true DS still isn't on that lvl, but give respect on what it did this year.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
While I understand your desire to discuss all the WSJ series in one topic, that sort of topic undermines the entire point of having designated sections on this website.

Why visit the KnY section (which just opened) when you can discuss everything you need to discuss outside of that section? And that goes for every other series and their sections.

Another problem with the idea is that, each section has designated moderators assigned to them. Having to moderate ALL series discussion in a single topic is too much for a single moderator, and actually invalidates the need for the other moderators.

Again, I understand what you're saying, but the logistics just don't work. The idea is to use the entire website, not just a single topic.
You may have slightly misunderstood, I'm just asking this once if anyone knows of other websites where discussing anything in WSJ is allowed. I'm not saying we have to change anything here. Thanks for the clarification though.
 
Last edited:

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Not as much as compare to OP novel though if it's anything like manga volumes, then expect another 1 million - 2 millions+ added too.
stop giving out number without a source lol. Shuiesha still hasn't given out the circulation number on that novel AND it doesn't chart anywhere as far as i know. Unless you can provide One Piece magazine circulation (which contains Ace chapters)
But here's a fact, none of one piece spin off surpass 50k/volumes in sales (going by weekly manga sales), and the ace novel also isn't written by Oda. edit: okay except for the novel lol

Beside as someone states, that was released last year, so it wouldn't matter.

Heck even One Piece Color Walk (done by Oda) also don't sales million of copies

edit: thanks @Aiga, they sell 100k/each
 
Last edited:

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations

Today it was announced that Spain will release a best-of, 10-volumes collection of Kochikame. As far as I know, that's the first time the manga is being released in the West (or perhaps even outside Japan, as I don't remember to see it in East Asian markets either).

I'm really pumped up. I hope this lead to more anthologic publications of the manga in other countries as well and make it easier to read it legally.
Nice box.


Yep, today was a crazy day. We also got licensed Chainsawman, Captain Tsubasa reedition, and SpyxFamily. And Act-age volume 1 is already out.
I wonder if that's the reason why M+ is doing a Captain Tsubasa rerun only in Spanish.

They are doing the same thing with Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, so if this is the reason, it's possible that that one will be getting a rerelease as well.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Nice box.




I wonder if that's the reason why M+ is doing a Captain Tsubasa rerun only in Spanish.

They are doing the same thing with Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, so if this is the reason, it's possible that that one will be getting a rerelease as well.
Maybe. But then I remember that we are also getting a rerelease of Fist of North Star and that isn't in Mangaplus. ;_;
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
The trio of Beast Children, TSS, and Double Taisei looks like they'll all end in 1-2 issues
I hope so. TSS was awful and Beast Children had a pretty good start but lost interest in it tbh. We need this new batch asap
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
stop giving out number without a source lol. Shuiesha still hasn't given out the circulation number on that novel AND it doesn't chart anywhere as far as i know. Unless you can provide One Piece magazine circulation (which contains Ace chapters)
But here's a fact, none of one piece spin off surpass 50k/volumes in sales (going by weekly manga sales), and the ace novel also isn't written by Oda. edit: okay except for the novel lol

Beside as someone states, that was released last year, so it wouldn't matter.

Heck even One Piece Color Walk (done by Oda) also don't sales million of copies

edit: thanks @Aiga, they sell 100k/each
Where your source on light novels sells though?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

12. *,*99,483 One Piece Novel A Vol.1
13. *,*82,217 One Piece Novel A Vol.2

Those from last year
Interesting they can reach around 100 thousands worth. Kinda shock as though it get more momentum as manga in volumes too.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
~All of these are all old numbers but it's good to know if you haven't while we are taking this small detour
the Naruto Hiden Series sold more than The Ace Novel despite the difference in fans ratio (first volume of naruto reaches 200k, with the rest sitting at ~150,000), even boruto and the last pulled in 100k each
Haikyuu!! Shousetsu-ban!! and Kuroko light novels and the newly Kimetsu light novels too (400,000 in circulation, so roughly ~150k sales/volume) too

Koro sensei volume is around 100k, bleach novel at 70k
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Is that sarcasm or are you serious?:neutral
I am deadly serious.


I hope so. TSS was awful and Beast Children had a pretty good start but lost interest in it tbh. We need this new batch asap
I am fine with double tensei ends in 1 or 2 chapters. Mad chad Haga will definitely make the ending worth it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top