Return of the Vainglorious

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I meant musically. My interest starts and ends with that honestly. Of course she's hot and talented, but the few songs I heard didn't really stick with me that much. I think I prefer Sunmi as a soloist.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I meant musically. My interest starts and ends with that honestly. Of course she's hot and talented, but the few songs I heard didn't really stick with me that much. I think I prefer Sunmi as a soloist.
I only the other hand never got too much into Sunmi. Her music anyway, she's funny with her giddy and bubbly personality when I see her on Running Man and other interviews I prefer Chung Ha's current songs.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
You probably saw it already, but I will share it just in case.




 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
You probably saw it already, but I will share it just in case.




Haha yeah I saw that; crazy ass shot.

Btw what happened to your Rockets last night? :heh
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Btw what happened to your Rockets last night? :heh
No surprises there if you saw the previous game against the Hawks, the worst team in the east. It was a miserable performance. You could see this coming against OKC. :fail
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I only the other hand never got too much into Sunmi. Her music anyway, she's funny with her giddy and bubbly personality when I see her on Running Man and other interviews I prefer Chung Ha's current songs.
Ah, missed this somehow. Yeah, I'm not familiar with her whole body of work or anything but I've heard some good ones -



What's your favorite as far as ChungHa goes?
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,663
Reaction score
31,934
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Roller Coaster is a bop
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
No surprises there if you saw the previous game against the Hawks, the worst team in the east. It was a miserable performance. You could see this coming against OKC. :fail
Nah I didn't watch that game tbh. I honestly thought Russ and Harden would ball out against OKC. That said, CP3 has been a great leader for the Thunder since being traded there, they've been getting some good results.

As for Rockets...well, they'll make the playoffs but it doesn't look like it'll be one of the top seeds in the West. Which is funny, since they don't have GSW to contend with this year, lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Roller Coaster is a bop
Yes, I forgot about this one. Very catchy track that one is.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Nah I didn't watch that game tbh. I honestly thought Russ and Harden would ball out against OKC. That said, CP3 has been a great leader for the Thunder since being traded there, they've been getting some good results.

As for Rockets...well, they'll make the playoffs but it doesn't look like it'll be one of the top seeds in the West. Which is funny, since they don't have GSW to contend with this year, lol.
Westbrook's performance is often a hit or miss (the latter more often though) with little inbetween. His play looks damn flashy though, that much I have to admit, lol. Overall our defense is lacking which is no surprise and I am not the biggest fan of Mike D'Antoni. He rotates too much for my taste and apparently doesn't like to change his starting five, even if a player has a loss of form. Reaching the playoffs will be easy, but I don't see us getting very far after that with our current play.

I am only able to watch the Rockets, but I heard more than enough that CP3 is making a good senpai job there at OKC. People feared the worst after PG13 and RW0 left, but they are doing not that bad considering their losses.

Can you find time to watch any games?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Westbrook's performance is often a hit or miss (the latter more often though) with little inbetween. His play looks damn flashy though, that much I have to admit, lol. Overall our defense is lacking which is no surprise and I am not the biggest fan of Mike D'Antoni. He rotates too much for my taste and apparently doesn't like to change his starting five, even if a player has a loss of form. Reaching the playoffs will be easy, but I don't see us getting very far after that with our current play.

I am only able to watch the Rockets, but I heard more than enough that CP3 is making a good senpai job there at OKC. People feared the worst after PG13 and RW0 left, but they are doing not that bad considering their losses.

Can you find time to watch any games?
Didn't Rockets lose one of their best defensive players from last season? I can't remember if there was anyone else but Capella. But yes D'Antoni is pure offence; if youve ever seen Game of Zones they always mock him for that; something like "instead of defence, how about we double the offence?" :hee

Well hopefully once you get to the playoffs, Harden can carry and will you guys to latter rounds. Giving Russ a taste of what it's like to make it past 1st round again.

Yeah after PG13 and Russ left, even I thought they'd be done for and that this season would mostly be a rebuilding year to get the young guys some playing time and experience. But between CP3 and Shai, they've been getting some good results lately.

If I'm honest, no. Just because of my own work schedule and the time the games air. occasionally there'll be an early tip off that I can watch but for the most part, I just see highlights or get a bunch of updates coming through my phone.


@xi0 Ravens :gwah
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
did you not fancy your chances or are you not surprised?
No, it was a big disappointment. I had a gut feeling about the game as I didn't like the idea of resting our healthy starters in the last week of the season since since we had a bye. It had been so long since we had faced any real adversity. That and terrible playcalling, receivers dropping 6 balls, and pretty poor officiating made it so we had no chance.

But you could also say we just picked the worst time to play our worst game of the year.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
No, it was a big disappointment. I had a gut feeling about the game as I didn't like the idea of resting our healthy starters in the last week of the season since since we had a bye. It had been so long since we had faced any real adversity. That and terrible playcalling, receivers dropping 6 balls, and pretty poor officiating made it so we had no chance.

But you could also say we just picked the worst time to play our worst game of the year.
That's shitty then. I did like their chances to have a deep run and at least reach the SB if not win. But saying that, this is your best season in a while, so just take the positives for now and Lamar Jackson will only get better over the next few years.

Now then, who you got for winning the SB now that Ravens are gone?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
That's shitty then. I did like their chances to have a deep run and at least reach the SB if not win. But saying that, this is your best season in a while, so just take the positives for now and Lamar Jackson will only get better over the next few years.

Now then, who you got for winning the SB now that Ravens are gone?
Eh, we won the Superbowl not too long ago. I wasn't too broken up about it since it isn't like we deserved to win. I would have been more butthurt if I was a Houston fan. I do worry about the mental aspect, because now there's a bit of a reputation for choking.

Probably Chiefs. Andy Reid finally winning a ring would be a big deal. I wouldn't mind sort of rooting for the Titans since they knocked us out, and I like their playstyle. But their fanbase would prevent me from doing that. A ton of real classy individuals they seem to be...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Eh, we won the Superbowl not too long ago. I wasn't too broken up about it since it isn't like we deserved to win. I would have been more butthurt if I was a Houston fan. I do worry about the mental aspect, because now there's a bit of a reputation for choking.

Probably Chiefs. Andy Reid finally winning a ring would be a big deal. I wouldn't mind sort of rooting for the Titans since they knocked us out, and I like their playstyle. But their fanbase would prevent me from doing that. A ton of real classy individuals they seem to be...
I didn't follow NFL at all back then, so I didn't know how recently( 2013) you guys had won a chip. What's gone wrong since?

Why would it be a big deal for Andy Reid to win a championship? because of his tenure or something? I mean, I want the Chiefs to win because I like their QB Mahomes and then Travis Kelce too. If not then, I'd be happy for Rodgers to get his #2. To me, he's what a QB's QB would be. I really love how he gets shit done.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I didn't follow NFL at all back then, so I didn't know how recently( 2013) you guys had won a chip. What's gone wrong since?

Why would it be a big deal for Andy Reid to win a championship? because of his tenure or something? I mean, I want the Chiefs to win because I like their QB Mahomes and then Travis Kelce too. If not then, I'd be happy for Rodgers to get his #2. To me, he's what a QB's QB would be. I really love how he gets shit done.
Most teams have up and down periods due to the nature of the league and the salary cap. Players retire, you can't keep all of your free agents, etc. We had some legendary players on defense retire not long after we won (Ed Reed, Ray Lewis). We were still competitive but our QB got hurt and he wasn't exactly the same after he came back. We lost our Pro Bowl RB due to a nasty domestic abuse scandal too. We've been in the playoffs the last 2 years though, so it's been a bit of a return to form as far as the Harbaugh-era goes.

They usually look at not having a ring as a gap in someone's resume, I guess. He would probably still end up being a Hall of Fame coach, he just might not end up being a 1st Ballot inductee if he never wins one. He got to the Superbowl once with the Eagles, but they ran into the Patriots winning their 3rd ring in 4 years.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Found this and reminded me of you :blush

I've seen this one before. I always thought that Gina looked weird here.

Have you started watching the new season btw?
 
Top