So:
- Mission: Yozakura Family
- Mitama Secureity
- Zipman
- Agravity Boys
- Undead x Unluck
- Mashle
- Guardian of the Witch
Of these seven, who shall be the ones to survive?
For the near future; Mitama Security, Agravity Boys, Undead Unluck, and Guardian of the Witch.
I don't read Yozakura, but it seems to have unimpressive word of mouth, and lackluster ToC performance.
I don't read Mitama either, but it seems to have decent word of mouth and ToC performance.
I read Zipman and like it, but it seems to have little direction to it other than action at the moment. Understandable given that too much exposition or character building at the start has hurt or killed other series, but there needs to be a balance and I don't think it's quite hitting it.
I've read Agravity Boys, and it's decent. Not my favorite given I've never really been attracted to Jump's gag series, but it shows promise. Its four MCs play well off each other, it has a few running gags going for it from the start, and has a decent amount of different jokes per chapter.
I've read Undead Unluck. It's a decent mix of action and comedy so far. I'm not certain how much legs it's starting premise will have, but I'm not sure either if it's interested in being a gag series with some action or an action series with some comedy; which would matter for it's longevity. In any case it seems to have enough original ideas going for it to feel somewhat new and different, which is a plus.
I've checked out Mashle. It's hard to judge the series long term with only a couple chapters out, but I'm not impressed so far. It's basically a Harry Potter parody using One Punch Man humor. Unfortunately for a series that's clearly aiming to be a gag series, it's jokes are basically just variants on "Mash is strong/blunt/dumb and people react with shock". That's going to get old quickly. Nor is Mash himself particularly interesting. So I appreciate what the series is trying to do, but I don't think it'll be enough for Jump.
I've read Guardian of the Witch, but it's near impossible to judge a series based off just the first chapter. It shows promise. The first chapter set up the world about as much as is needed at this stage, and set up the main characters, the conflict they'll face, and their goal. Not bad, but it's just a first chapter. Plenty of room to either improve or screw up. Still I think it has enough going for it to stick around over some of the other series.
Though I think all of these could stick around longer than people might expect, even if they're obvious failures out the gate. Enough older and established series could potentially end in the near future to open up space that one or two rounds could need to axe few, if any, series to open up space. Jump itself seems to have been more lenient within the last year or so, either for lack of a strong established line up hogging space, or in hopes of finding another series like Kimetsu that starts off low but grows significantly before exploding in popularity with an anime.