Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,463
Reaction score
39,371
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
no, they start in wsj 11 and wsj 12



i'm interested in the hinomaru zumou look alike one
I can't find how many chapters each one will have. This info was revealed?
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,463
Reaction score
39,371
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
even though it is "cliche" I’d prefer Guardian of the witch to undead unluck because he doesn’t appeal to a sexually suggestive joke.
And before anyone speaks, I know that chainsaw man has that kind of joke, too, but he's not that offensive.
And what is so offensive about Undead Unluck? there's nothing wrong with sexual/suggestive jokes per se, the girl is confirmed to be 18, so you can't even say that she is underage, in the last chapter Andy even refused her ask for sex which means he don't look at her as a piece of meat but as someone who can give him his desired death.

The whole "groping and sexual harassment" stuff already got old Stivie.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It will never get old, Shinuki. In three years, if UxU exists for so long, people will still be arguing all over that stuff.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
The irony here is that, based on what I've observed, UxU might be the most popular of the five new series for Japanese readers, at least from the onset.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
And what is so offensive about Undead Unluck? there's nothing wrong with sexual/suggestive jokes per se, the girl is confirmed to be 18, so you can't even say that she is underage, in the last chapter Andy even refused her ask for sex which means he don't look at her as a piece of meat but as someone who can give him his desired death.

The whole "groping and sexual harassment" stuff already got old Stivie.
Ok, you weren't bothered. But I stayed, it happens.
The girl could be 30 years old, and yet it is wrong to be grabbing someone without authorization.
unfortunately, you can't like everything that jump does.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The irony here is that, based on what I've observed, UxU might be the most popular of the five new series for Japanese readers, at least from the onset.
We don't know that yet, let's wait for rankings and most importantly Vol.1 sales before we make any assumptions which of the new series might click the most with the Japanese readership. That still gonna take a while.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,463
Reaction score
39,371
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ok, you weren't bothered. But I stayed, it happens.
The girl could be 30 years old, and yet it is wrong to be grabbing someone without authorization.
unfortunately, you can't like everything that jump does.
She being 18 isn't about the grope thing, it's about potential comments about she being underage for the sex and romance talk (since he has almost 200 years).

You're not obligated to like everything Jump do but it seems your point is just about one detail of the first chapter and not the quality of the series as a whole
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I know some people are bored already about the controversy, but this is actually (or at least I think so) huge regarding the topic.

 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, that just proves it even further that it is mostly an attempt to create enough wind to get the attention of the critical chinese citizens and point to some "rude foreigner" to have the drama relieve the government of the social pressure they are feeling over their measures against the epidemic.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
She being 18 isn't about the grope thing, it's about potential comments about she being underage for the sex and romance talk (since he has almost 200 years).

You're not obligated to like everything Jump do but it seems your point is just about one detail of the first chapter and not the quality of the series as a whole
No, there are other things that bother me in the manga (the protagonist for example).
 

AbrahamOmosun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
400
Reaction score
1,024
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I know some people are bored already about the controversy, but this is actually (or at least I think so) huge regarding the topic.

2 weeks. Give this stuff 2 weeks. If it persists after that, we will know it is a very serious situation. If it doesn't, we can move on with our day and bring up this topic again when we have our end of the year discussion like "Remember that MHA controversy with China that was hot for a minute" LOL 😜😜"
 

NyanPower

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
360
Reaction score
773
Age
25
Country
Italy
I bet most people don’t even really care about the MHA drama, but just want to get on the hate train for the sake of it
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I know some people are bored already about the controversy, but this is actually (or at least I think so) huge regarding the topic.

I mean, I get that he never actually used any expressions of apology in japanese, which in this case would most probably be 申し訳ございませんでした (don't think they would go as far as asking him to use お詫び). This can probably be solved quicker than it seems, but yeah this has completely blown out of proportion.

I bet most people don’t even really care about the MHA drama, but just want to get on the hate train for the sake of it
I can tell you, I follow (or followed since they are not there anymore) a lot of devoted Korean/Chinese MHA fans and a lot of them deleted their accounts and many people I follow said they saw many others delete their accounts too. This is not bandwagon hate, people are being serious about this.
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
4,781
Country
Dragonstone
I mean, I get that he never actually used any expressions of apology in japanese, which in this case would most probably be 申し訳ございませんでした (don't think they would go as far as asking him to use お詫び). This can probably be solved quicker than it seems, but yeah this has completely blown out of proportion.
Apparently, he actually kinda did:
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Apparently, he actually kinda did:
This didn't do it for them as we can see. They don't want nuanced words, they want a straight apology expression, like "I'm deeply sorry" in English.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,552
Reaction score
11,291
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
But then complain about chapters that letot stream without buying the manga or the magazine directly?


MHA fans and a lot of them deleted their accounts and many people I follow said they saw many others delete their accounts too




Luckily, less mournful parasites ....
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ah, I see. That’s my mistake, then. You’re right, sales and perceived quality usually have little to no correlation. I’m not exactly sure what made 5toubun popular in Japan (could be the all-star voice actors that brought a lot of attention and the show managed to keep it). I mainly just wanted to share my perspective.
I know. No worries from me, you're one of the nicest guys around here. :P
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm starting to think this thing with MHA is kinda extreme, but well, I'm an outsider with zero knowledge about this historic issue.
That's the thing with hardcore fans, though. When they love, it's an extreme love. When they hate, they hate the same ammount.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top