Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 555 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters

WoWfan

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
No, they are around the same strength, Elfseria knows of their strength, and that of Acnologia’s. You are forgetting his hax magic which most of their magic would be rendered useless.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only things I'll give the 5 DGS are that they probably match acnologia, pre time rift, in physical stats and magic output. But it's his magic immunity and slaying magic that put him at the top of the food chain. If they were to come face to face, Acnologia would have enough "water" to bathe for months.

So Elfseria's statement is kinda true in that Natsu and co. will be up against 5 dragons similar to Acnologia in power output.

sharkai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Question
We believe that aconologia is super strong because he ruled the world in some different future. This is hype or offscreen feat
But when gray sh!ts himself fighting mira offscreen, we dont take it as a credible information. Why?

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Question
We believe that aconologia is super strong because he ruled the world in some different future. This is hype or offscreen feat
But when gray sh!ts himself fighting mira offscreen, we dont take it as a credible information. Why?
We believe Acnologia is a God because he brought the dragon race to extinction essentially, has magic immunity, physical stats of top dragons and unmatched by humans, zeref can’t kill him even though he’s immortal and has control over his curse, consumed the time rift, one-shorted Gildarts and God Serena, and lastly it took a continents worth of magic power to contain him in fairy sphere.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
We believe Acnologia is a God because he brought the dragon race to extinction essentially, has magic immunity, physical stats of top dragons and unmatched by humans, zeref can’t kill him even though he’s immortal and has control over his curse, consumed the time rift, one-shorted Gildarts and God Serena, and lastly it took a continents worth of magic power to contain him in fairy sphere.
So aconologia is not stronger than these god dragons then

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Question
He also killed Igneel and ripped off half of Gildart's limbs and a limb. Also everyone in the series literally cannot harm him with any attacks. There's that too. Besides, ruling the world in the future is only the second most impressive thing he's done. The first was wiping out the dragons.

I don't get your question. Why wouldn't Gray's reaction to fighting Mirajane be taken as credible information?

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
He also killed Igneel and ripped off half of Gildart's limbs and a limb. Also everyone in the series literally cannot harm him with any attacks. There's that too. Besides, ruling the world in the future is only the second most impressive thing he's done. The first was wiping out the dragons.

I don't get your question. Why wouldn't Gray's reaction to fighting Mirajane be taken as credible information?
I was just wondering

Igneel was soulless or something right, he wasnt at his peak.
Aconologia lost an arm agaisnt him
He has hax that makes him pretty resistant to magic

Killing serena causally isnt technically that impressive for many people, like those who think laxus can causally kill ajeel

Now we have these god dragons, they can be stronger than him. But people rightly so are pointing out that aconologia rulled the future, so these god dragons are weaker than him

And we have this event now, where gray a main character beat with huge difficulty an injured mira. People still believe gray being a main has a lot feats is stronger than mira, and we shouldn't take this seriously. But isnt it like aconologia being stronger than these god dragons because we have an offscreen feat of him ruling the future

I think i kind of explained my thoughts right :nerve

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
We do not know Laxus’ casual attack was enough to take down Ajeel though.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was just wondering

Killing serena causally isnt technically that impressive for many people, like those who think laxus can causally kill ajeel

Now we have these god dragons, they can be stronger than him. But people rightly so are pointing out that aconologia rulled the future, so these god dragons are weaker than him

And we have this event now, where gray a main character beat with huge difficulty an injured mira. People still believe gray being a main has a lot feats is stronger than mira, and we shouldn't take this seriously. But isnt it like aconologia being stronger than these god dragons because we have an offscreen feat of him ruling the future

Well seeing as how the entire Post GMG dragon arc happened in order to stop him, that's a feat for him

aymen24

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Not even 10 percent of people remained when he ruled the world.

Originally, rule the entire world
It definitely puts you above everyone else.

This is simply a problem with mashima

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Not even 10 percent of people remained when he ruled the world.

Originally, rule the entire world
It definitely puts you above everyone else.

This is simply a problem with mashima
I do not see how life wipe is translated into stats, I mean there are other ways to see a show of strength

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I do not see how life wipe is translated into stats, I mean there are other ways to see a show of strength
Well seeing as how no one was even able to stop him, then.......

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was just wondering

Igneel is just that strong. He's stronger than the 4 parent dragons, and those dragons were stronger than everyone on Ishgar that was disabled by face. The power that Igneel left behind for Natsu after his death was also strong enough to kill Zeref. Killing Igneel is the most impressive victory in the series.

Killing God Serena isn't that impressive. Which is why I didn't mention it. I mentioned ripping out half of Gildart's limbs, which is impressive.

Gray's high end feats are better than Mirajane's, particularly when he tapped into POF and fought evenly with Natsu with END's power. He struggled with putting Elfman and Mirajane down in the latest chapter, which I take at face value.

Acnologia is strong than these god dragons because he is resistant to all types of magic, whereas the god dragons are only resistant to one. They are on the same level as Acnologia in terms of MP and physical strength, much like how Igneel was. In fact, Ignia could possibly put up a stronger fight than Igneel. Acnologia with the rift of time fully harmonized is likely stronger than them all though.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Igneel is just that strong. He's stronger than the 4 parent dragons, and those dragons were stronger than everyone on Ishgar that was disabled by face. The power that Igneel left behind for Natsu after his death was also strong enough to kill Zeref. Killing Igneel is the most impressive victory in the series.

Killing God Serena isn't that impressive. Which is why I didn't mention it. I mentioned ripping out half of Gildart's limbs, which is impressive.

Gray's high end feats are better than Mirajane's, particularly when he tapped into POF and fought evenly with Natsu with END's power. He struggled with putting Elfman and Mirajane down in the latest chapter, which I take at face value.

Acnologia is strong than these god dragons because he is resistant to all types of magic, whereas the god dragons are only resistant to one. They are on the same level as Acnologia in terms of MP and physical strength, much like how Igneel was. In fact, Ignia could possibly put up a stronger fight than Igneel. Acnologia with the rift of time fully harmonized is likely stronger than them all though.
Agreed mostly.
Except with God Serena part.

That's actually one of his best feats.
Even if you don't believe that Serena is Gildarts level; when Acno killed Serena, not even August could react. He was basically staring straight when Acno had already finished killing Serena, didn't even realize that Serena already died.
That basically proves that Acno can one shot even August, the strongest character in the arc, bar Acno

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Agreed mostly.
Except with God Serena part.

That's actually one of his best feats.
Even if you don't believe that Serena is Gildarts level; when Acno killed Serena, not even August could react. He was basically staring straight when Acno had already finished killing Serena, didn't even realize that Serena already died.
That basically proves that Acno can one shot even August, the strongest character in the arc, bar Acno
Well yes. The fact that August also couldn't react to him was impressive.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Okay, I want to see your folks' opinions on this. This could be controversial but its been bugging me for a bit now.

Regarding the recent Mira vs Gray off-panelling and the Strauss' off-panel fight vs Dragon Eaters - how reliable are those fights as evidence?

Personally, I don't put much stock in them at all. Mainly because if we assume both to be true, the results are somewhat conflicting.
So, lets start with having a look at Skullion and Madmole's earlier feats:

- Madmole easily blocked a slash from Erza, shrugged off an FDK Demo Fist, his Armoured Fist was roughly even with Natsu's Iron Fist, and when Natsu fought Madmole again he chose to injure him by straight up roasting him in heat rather than trying to beat him down with direct striking attacks like Demo Fist

I think it goes without saying that this is incredibly impressive from a durability standpoint.

- Skullion was untouchable until Gray hit him with DeS Long Sword, which Skullion didn't even seem marked by, almost one-shot killed DeS Gray with Black Ash

Just like with Madmole, Skullion is clearly impressive, his intangibility is used well and his offensive hax (guessing Black Ash is hax atm) appears to be highly lethal.
Strauss' vs DE's:

- The fight starts with Strauss' on the backfoot, Mira can't hurt Skullion at all and Elfman hurts himself when he tries to punch Madmole

- When we go back to them the Strauss' are scratched up while Skullion and Madmole are unharmed

- Then we see a panel of them all fighting

- Finally, we go back to them to find Madmole and Skullion now scratched up

My question is, what the hell happened? Neither Mira or Elfman have any abilities that counter Skullion's Ash Body... yet he's harmed. Likewise, Madmole was left completely unscratched by a Demo Fist and yet is scratched. Neither Mira or Elfman have ever shown anything to suggest they have attacks on the level of Demo Fist* in the Souls they were using, so why is Madmole hurt? If it was maybe just one or two scratches I could potentially see it, but Madmole seems just as damaged as Skullion:
(*I'm not taking account of Mira's one-hit KO on Jacob, a near empty on MP and exhausted Mira having a regular punch in BSS being anywhere near the damage output of an FDK Demo Fist is ludicrous, especially considering that she had to go into Alegria to take down two Spriggan subordinates and was left exhausted by it. As for Elfman, we have no idea how many hits it took from him and Lisanna to put Ajeel down, so its dubious to use that fight as proof that he has damage output on the level of FDK Demo Fist. It gets even worse when you realise that covering Madmole with scratches should mean that they have attacks in base that are significantly stronger than Natsu's finisher...)

Its not like Mira or Elfman have ways of damaging them outside of raw striking power/Magical nukes either, so we can't speculate that they pulled something similar to FDK Purgatory to hurt Madmole.

There's also the question of whether or not the Dragon Eaters were going all out - so far Skullion's actual Magical attacks turn things into ash, but neither Mira or Elfman look to have been hit by one. And we know Skullion has damned good AoE with his ash + Black Ash, yet from how the Strauss' appear it looks like no ash was used. So arguably Skullion may have been taking DeS Gray more seriously. But that last bit is speculation, the main point is that Skullion's Magic attacks turn things to ash - so did Skullion only use CQC? Mira was clearly holding back somewhat due to not using a stronger Soul, but when we look at Skullion's previous feats the same could be said for him, since we have no reason to assume he tried using Black Ash.

Overall the result of the fight is strange.
Even if we assume that Strauss' vs DE's does make some sense, this result is even stranger.

So a 'beat up' Mira vs Gray ends with Mira defeated and Gray looking like he took some pretty significant damage. We don't really have much to go on, so I'll lay out the most likely events and why none of them really make much sense given what we've seen prior to this:

Event/Fight result possibilities:

1) DeS Gray vs beat up BBS Mira and Elfman = Gray wins mid/high-diff
2) Base Gray vs beat up BBS Mira and Elfman = Gray wins mid/high-diff
3) DeS Gray vs beat up BBS Mira = Gray wins mid/high-diff
4) Base Gray vs beat up BBS Mira = Gray wins mid/high-diff

Now IMO the most likely scenarios are 1 and 2, since Lucy, Juvia and Cana don't look like they've been fighting (Lucy has scratches but they were from Lucy vs Strauss' and it doesn't look like she has any more than before). Lets go over these two versions first.

Scenario 1 - Makes no sense given what we've seen of the DeS advantage, DeS Gray should be one-shotting Mira and making short work of Elfman, so he shouldn't be that scratched up

Scenario 2 - Also makes no sense since if Gray isn't in DeS then beat up Mira + Elfman should be overwhelming him massively due to their attacks that are somehow > FDK Demo Fist. Gray should lose in Base

As for the other two.

Scenario 3 - DeS Gray vs BBS Mira should end with Gray stomping her into the ground, so there's no way in hell this is what happened

Scenario 4 - This makes the most sense in terms of results, but not really in circumstance. Like I said earlier Elfman doesn't look to have fought any of the girls so someone had to have roughed him up a bit more, since its unlikely he would be weak enough to be captured in a card given he was still wanting to fight Skullion and Madmole

None of these make any sense in terms of both fight results and circumstances of the time. Especially not if you stick to the conclusion of the Dragon Eaters vs Strauss' fight where both Mira and Elfman apparently have attacks that are significantly stronger than Demo Fist.
Whichever way you look at it the results of the fights just don't make much sense, particularly when you start looking at what this does to the power scales.

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tbh it looks like Hiro didn’t want to waste time on the Mira & Elfman fights & get to the good stuff fast.

So he made the fights off screen, while not making Mira & Elfman look like scrubs ig.

Imo, I don’t take either of the off screen fights, seriously since they don’t make sense.
Also a reason Skullion might of not used Absolute Ash is bc he might of feared waking Aldoron by turning one his cities to ash.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Well that means he scales to or above those who are strong

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don’t feel like the already established Power scale within the guild was greatly changed by this chapter. Though it serves the purpose of truly raising all the Tenrou squad to Spriggan tier.

One4All

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
IMO,Hiro doesn't really mind making some logic on offscreen fights,specially in this arc(a lot of off-screen fights). Atleast side characters had the chance to participate in this quest even though it should focus on the main team only.

I'll just see it as Siblings stalemated the DEs and then Gray wins Vs the siblings. Making out some stories out of the off-screen fights gives anyone the opportunity to put their favorites on pedestal and downplay the other which then leads to fan wars. :catshrug