Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,386
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
lowering Muzan will not make Kimetsu no yaiba bad just because he became a phenomenon.

The manga was already good before the anime and Muzan is a good villain, yes. He is not really a one piece villain, but he has a good construction, and all the mythology created around him is great.
 

Aiwass_97

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2019
Messages
340
Reaction score
1,776
Age
29
Country
Peru
This brings up an interesting idea. What would you guys say is your top 10 Jump villains? You can do top 5 or 3 if you want as well.
01. Sensui (Yu Yu Hakusho)
02. Shishio (Rurouni Kenshin)
03. Housen (Gintama)
04. Pain (Naruto)
05. Sasori (Naruto)
06. Stain (Boku no Hero Academia)
07. Zabuza (Naruto)
08. Akaza (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
09. Pucci (Stone Ocean)
10. Dakki (Houshin Engi)

11. Meruem (Hunter x Hunter)
12. Jirocho (Gintama)
13. Aizen (Bleach)
14. Midora (Toriko)
15. Crocodile (One Piece)
16. Lucci (One Piece)
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
A "bad" villain IMO is one who exists purely to act as an obstacle without a character of their own. Most One Piece and Hitman Reborn villains have that.
Remind me what villian in reborn was like that because I really don't remeber a villian with no personality in reborn.

Not One Pieve either but I haven't revisited pre timeskip in so long so I'm not too sure.

But yeah I really can't remeber a villian who existed just to be an obstacle in reborn can you refresh my memory?
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Remind me what villian in reborn was like that because I really don't remeber a villian with no personality in reborn.

Not One Pieve either but I haven't revisited pre timeskip in so long so I'm not too sure.

But yeah I really can't remeber a villian who existed just to be an obstacle in reborn can you refresh my memory?
How about all of them? Like, I can count maybe two or three of the 20+ villains in Hitman Reborn who had an actual personality. Byakuren included.
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
My personal top five would be:

1. Dio
2. Aizen
3. Frieza
4. Midora
5. Cell (admittedly, I'm kinda iffy on this one)
Thank you for saying Midora. I was thinking if making a list buuuut it's too hard for me to decide so sod it. Midora came across my mind though and I was a bit disappointed that no one else mentioned him :(
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Muzan is meh, he's not bad like Kaguya/Obito. I'm not sure about Madara tbh. He reminds a lot of Naraku from Inuyasha, wouldn't even be surprised if Naraku was more fleshed out.

A lot of the fights in Kimetsu are forgettable for me. I remember the Akaza fight with Tanjirou wasn't that great and Akaza's backstory was the only saving grace to it. The fight with Kokushibo is the best in the series by far. It was fantastic.

Kimetsu excels in character interactions & characterization rather than fights. The fights a lot of the times feel meh and the most painful fight is the one with Muzan.

Anyways... That Jigokuraku....
SHE'S BAAAACK?
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????
Won't discuss too much but I felt like there was more to her character. Glad to have her back :cheez
This brings up an interesting idea. What would you guys say is your top 10 Jump villains? You can do top 5 or 3 if you want as well.
Sensui
Meruem
Pucci/Kira
Doflamingo
Blackbeard

HxH/OP/YYH/JJBA villains are great for battle shonens.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,386
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I didn't see anyone posting, but seems like the preview for volume 5 of Samurai 8 included on volume 4 don't state anything about being the last one, which would make sense if the manga is ending in 3 chapters or something:



I know this isn't a 100% proof of not ending, but overall when a manga will end in X volume, the preview for this volume will state that is the last one, this is how many endings are discovered or confirmed.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I didn't see anyone posting, but seems like the preview for volume 5 of Samurai 8 included on volume 4 don't state anything about being the last one, which would make sense if the manga is ending in 3 chapters or something:



I know this isn't a 100% proof of not ending, but overall when a manga will end in X volume, the preview for this volume will state that is the last one, this is how many endings are discovered or confirmed.
Does that apply to early cancelled series though?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Thank you for saying Midora. I was thinking if making a list buuuut it's too hard for me to decide so sod it. Midora came across my mind though and I was a bit disappointed that no one else mentioned him :(
I like Midora more as a character than a villain tbh
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
How about all of them? Like, I can count maybe two or three of the 20+ villains in Hitman Reborn who had an actual personality. Byakuren included.
Well that didn't help... I actually can't remeber villains like that at all. Xanzus, Byakuran, Enma, Rokudou etc where all pretty unique compared to one another and had clear goals and distinct personalities and quirks etc. Its hard to forget them. They didn't feel like just obstacles. They felt like thier own characters... Maybe I need to reread reborn for the 5th time though cause I actually can't remeber
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I like Midora more as a character than a villain tbh
Midora = Sick 🔥🔥😍😍😍
In every way shape and form
 

raikou

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
my top 10 Villain :

Shishio, Crocodile, Dio, Enrico Pucci, Uchiha Obito, Aizen Sousuke, Shinobu Sensui, Asano Gakuho, Midora, Pain

Not in order since I had difficulty putting who's the best, but Pucci is kinda different than others, maybe I put him the highest among others.

can't put Funny Valentine since SBR moved to Ultra Jump.
Should I put Kumagawa Misogi as villain or protag?
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Does that apply to early cancelled series though?
Don't think so. Otherwise, we would've known about the cancellations of the Taibei Squad weeks in advance.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
01. Sensui (Yu Yu Hakusho)
02. Shishio (Rurouni Kenshin)
03. Housen (Gintama)
04. Pain (Naruto)
05. Sasori (Naruto)
06. Stain (Boku no Hero Academia)
07. Zabuza (Naruto)
08. Akaza (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
09. Pucci (Stone Ocean)
10. Dakki (Houshin Engi)

11. Meruem (Hunter x Hunter)
12. Jirocho (Gintama)
13. Aizen (Bleach)
14. Midora (Toriko)
15. Crocodile (One Piece)
16. Lucci (One Piece)
I've seen a ton of praise for Dakki
 

FireFantasyVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
235
Reaction score
455
Gender
Male
Country
United States
In no order
Takasugi
Akainu/Doffy/Katakuri (Honestly a lot of OP villains)
Aizen
Raoh
Meruem

Shoutouts to Starjun and Midora, Toguro, Shishio, Kira Yoshikage, DIO, and Oikawa (If he counts)
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Eh, it seems to be really popular outside of here right now. Plus, people might finally get a long running shonen series where the ending doesn't completely shit the bed.
I take it that you haven't read Toriko?
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I like Midora more as a character than a villain tbh
Yeah, I suppose Midora is kinda like Vegeta where he phased out of the villain role.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shoseki Daily Ranking - 3/7

#1 My Hero Academia 26
#2 The Promised Neverland 18
#3 Haikyuu!! 42
#6 Jujutsu Kaisen 10
#20 Chainsaw Man 6
#37 Dr. Stone reboot: Byakuya
#73 Samurai 8: Hachimaruden 4
#329 Mitama Security 2
 
Last edited:

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
can't put Funny Valentine since SBR moved to Ultra Jump.
Interesting to note that Valentine appeared right after the series moved to UJ (chapter 25 IIRC). Makes me wonder how different SBR would have been had it stayed in (regular) Jump.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I think my top wsj villains would be something like (in no particular order)

Kumagawa (medaka box)
Tommyrod (Toriko)
Kira (jojo part 4)
Stain (MHA)
Douma (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
Kizaru (One Piece)
Mayuri (Bleach)
maybe SPOILERS (Assination Classroom, if you've read it you know who)
maybe Pegasus (yugioh)
and Mimasaka from Food Wars if he counts

human guy from Jujutsu's pretty cool too but I don't want to put in something under 100 chapters
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top