Discussion Dragon Gods

Who is your favorite Dragon God?


  • Total voters
    31

aymen24

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
2,072
Age
33
Country
Algeria
She told them about the five dragons, not the quest

Originally, did the white witch know that the quest was to seal the dragons??
I forgot this
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

They still did not know the details of the quest

They cannot add a member with them because they have signed the contract

 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
She told them about the five dragons, not the quest

Originally, did the white witch know that the quest was to seal the dragons??
I forgot this
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

They still did not know the details of the quest

They cannot add a member with them because they have signed the contract

The way I see it is this:
  • If the WW is defeated in this arc along with Aldron, then Team Natsu will continue on with with the quest and something else will happen.
  • If the WW isn't defeated, there could be a possibly outside help on the quest from either FT, Sabertooth, CS, or the Magic Council
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,950
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
She told them about the five dragons, not the quest

Originally, did the white witch know that the quest was to seal the dragons??
I forgot this
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

They still did not know the details of the quest

They cannot add a member with them because they have signed the contract

hmmmm :grumble the only way to keep the other FT members relevant is the WW withdrawal. Other than this... idk
 

Kurumi Tokisaki

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 14, 2019
Messages
3,173
Reaction score
4,238
Age
29
Country
Sri Lanka
hmmmm :grumble the only way to keep the other FT members relevant is the WW withdrawal. Other than this... idk
Yes, the only way to keep them in the quest is to make a retreat along with WW, maybe they can serve as hype for Ignia along the way. He gives them a matching set of burned scars.
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,582
Reaction score
10,157
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
@Axiomus @Jean Grey @grey matter

Remember at the beginning when we saw the outline for the 5 DGS? Which one is Viernes since we know Aldoron, Ignia, Merc, and I'm assuming Selene is the one flying

For a moment, I read it as Giratina LMAO

Ehh, I think it's pointless to think too much into the silhouette.

Remember making theories based on silhouette in Alverez arc, Mashima kept retconning lol.

From the silhouette, I honestly can't tell which one is Ignia lol, except from elimination. None of them look like Ignia, while left most is probably Aldoron, beside him is Merc.

But if I had to guess, Viernes could be the right most.

Selene is probably the one at the top, since that dragon appears to be distorted and Selene comments on wanting distortion.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Honestly, Irene's probably not even stronger than any of the parent dragons. The parent dragons disabled hundreds of faces across the continent of Ishgal after it was activated. If Wendy's magic enchanted into Erza's sword was enough to take down Irene, Grandeneey alone can probably defeat Irene. Igneel is stronger than those 4 parent dragons, and Ignia should be on Igneel's level.




Because he's not working on his imagination. If he's heard about what Acnologia has done before, he could be basing his opinions based on that. Anyways, the whole point of Elfseria's line is to give context for what the 100YQ is about. Unless you believe Mashima is purposely being deceptive, then there's no reason to believe Elfseria's statement is inaccurate.
Why would she be even as strong as an average dragon, let alone a parent dragon? Grandeeney or any other parent dragon would one shot Eileen as well.

An average Dragon required Alverez Natsu to be in half dragonized DF to be take out. Other average Dragons like Zirconis shrugged off GMG Laxus level DS magic like it didn't even tickle. While Eileen dragon got one shotted by Erza with broken bones.

Moreover, her portrayal is with August; and I don't believe for a second that August can do jack to a dragon without slayer advantage.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,950
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
@grey matter ugh I moved your post right when two of yours merged lol sorry.

Selene is probably the one dragon at the top, yes. There are two crescents on the dragon, one on the head and one on the tail
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,582
Reaction score
10,157
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
I give Irene the hype of being stronger than the average dragon because Belserion seems to be stronger than the average dragon. Also because Irene probably has better MP than dragon slayers like Nebal who can dragonize.
Even by hype, how?
Is August above an average Dragon by hype? I don't think so. Eileen's hype <= August.
By feats, I've already explained.

Sure, Belserion himself is likely above an average Dragon, but how does Eileen necessarily scale to that? Because Eileen's dragon form looks like him? I don't think they're comparable just because they look similar. I see dragon transformation as a powerup, if your base (human form) is stronger, then the dragon form scales correspondingly with that.
Acnologia, in human form, was one shotting dragons. His base itself is OP AF, which was why is Dragon form is as well.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Why would she be even as strong as an average dragon, let alone a parent dragon? Grandeeney or any other parent dragon would one shot Eileen as well.

An average Dragon required Alverez Natsu to be in half dragonized DF to be take out. Other average Dragons like Zirconis shrugged off GMG Laxus level DS magic like it didn't even tickle. While Eileen dragon got one shotted by Erza with broken bones.

Moreover, her portrayal is with August; and I don't believe for a second that August can do jack to a dragon without slayer advantage.
I give Irene the benefit of doubt of being stronger than the average dragon because Belserion seems to be stronger than the average dragon. Also because Irene probably has better MP than dragon slayers like Nebal who can dragonize. Also because if Irene can't kill an average dragon as an August level dragon slayer, then nobody should be able to in the past.

But I'm not putting her on the level of the parent dragons. They can fly around and destroy all the faces while it's active. Face can disable all magic in Ishgal. To put this in perspective even if Universe One warped away all the faces in Fiore, there's still a bunch of other faces on the other countries in the rest of the continent that would continue to disable magic. Face was a weapon that Makarov considered using Fairy Heart to deal with.
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,582
Reaction score
10,157
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
@grey matter ugh I moved your post right when two of yours merged lol sorry.

Selene is probably the one dragon at the top, yes. There are two crescents on the dragon, one on the head and one on the tail
LMAO, thats fine

Does anyone in silhouette look like Ignia?
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,582
Reaction score
10,157
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
Think it's supposed to be like this. Selene on top. Then from left to right, Aldoron, Mercphobia, Ignia, and Viernes.
Oh, that makes a lot more sense.

But I still don't see how the red one resembles Ignia lmao. I mean, it has got to be him by process of elimination, but what are those centipede like silhouette ?
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Even by hype, how?
Is August above an average Dragon by hype? I don't think so. Eileen's hype <= August.
By feats, I've already explained.

Sure, Belserion himself is likely above an average Dragon, but how does Eileen necessarily scale to that? Because Eileen's dragon form looks like him? I don't think they're comparable just because they look similar. I see dragon transformation as a powerup, if your base (human form) is stronger, then the dragon form scales correspondingly with that.
Acnologia, in human form, was one shotting dragons. His base itself is OP AF, which was why is Dragon form is as well.
I think there must have been dragon slayers that could take down average dragons during the war. If Irene couldn't do it, then there's not really anybody that could.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh, that makes a lot more sense.

But I still don't see how the red one resembles Ignia lmao. I mean, it has got to be him by process of elimination, but what are those centipede like silhouette ?
You mean the spikes coming off of Ignia? I dunno, maybe his hair?
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
In the anime it was shown Irene killed dragons in the DKF, just like most assumed. And we know there's tiers of dragons now:

Dragon Gods (Merc, Aldo, Ignia, Selene, Viernes)
Dragon Kings (Igneel, Acnologia)
Pacist/Parent Dragons (Grandeeney, Skiadrum, Weisslogia)
Soldier/Foot Level Dragons (Levia, Scissor Runner, Motherglare, Irene, Zirconis)

Funny thing is Acnologia called himself the dragon king but he was really above DG level. Space between time/time rift Acnologia at the end of series was the strongest figure we've seen in the story, Dragon Gods only surpassed his level before he consumed the rift. I think the classes of dragons is the most interesting thing
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
God Dragons is just what the humans on Giltina called Acnologia level dragons. On Ishgal where the dragons lived 400 years ago they probably just called them Dragon Kings. But yes, there are differences among the dragons. There's probably a difference between dragons like Zirconis and Animus, and I would put Irene closer to Animus than Zirconis.

@grey matter There's also Elfseria's mural. Going clockwise, we have Selene, Mercphobia, Aldoron, and Vienes. Ignia is the one in the middle.
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,582
Reaction score
10,157
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
I think there must have been dragon slayers that could take down average dragons during the war. If Irene couldn't do it, then there's not really anybody that could.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



You mean the spikes coming off of Ignia? I dunno, maybe his hair?
I believe that Spriggan level and higher mages were plentiful during those days, due to it being tied to their survival.
I think human Eileen and others could take down average Dragons because of slayer advantage. DS can take down dragons several tiers above them, as proven by Erza one shotting Dragon Eileen, who's tiers above Erza. Humans somehow get insane advantage against a species when they use their own magic against them lol ask Mashima, it's not even just Dragons

I checked Ignia's dragon form again, nothing near his head resembles any of that lmao

In the anime it was shown Irene killed dragons in the DKF, just like most assumed. And we know there's tiers of dragons now:

Dragon Gods (Merc, Aldo, Ignia, Selene, Viernes)
Dragon Kings (Igneel, Acnologia)
Pacist/Parent Dragons (Grandeeney, Skiadrum, Weisslogia)
Soldier/Foot Level Dragons (Levia, Scissor Runner, Motherglare, Irene, Zirconis)

Funny thing is Acnologia called himself the dragon king but he was really above DG level. Space between time/time rift Acnologia at the end of series was the strongest figure we've seen in the story, Dragon Gods only surpassed his level before he consumed the rift. I think the classes of dragons is the most interesting thing
Those are just titles lol.
Acno even before time rift would still curbstomp all the "dragon Gods" even if they're Acno tier in physical stats, because he can:
- absorb their soul and instantly nerf
- eat their magic
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
God Dragons is just what the humans on Giltina called Acnologia level dragons. On Ishgal where the dragons lived 400 years ago they probably just called them Dragon Kings. But yes, there are differences among the dragons. There's probably a difference between dragons like Zirconis and Animus, and I would put Irene closer to Animus than Zirconis.

@grey matter There's also Elfseria's mural. Going clockwise, we have Selene, Mercphobia, Aldoron, and Vienes. Ignia is the one in the middle.
dont think so. dragon kings arent acnologia level. Igneel even by dragon king standards, stands out above the rest, and even other top tiers like the parent dragons hold igneel in a higher pedestal, yet he isnt exactly on acnologias level, but very god damn near to it. its likely that igneel was the best of the best when we exclude acnologia and the dragon gods.

a dragon king is just the strongest dragon from that specific element. acnologia doesnt even qualify for that since he doesnt even have an element. He self proclaimed himself as dragon king because no dragon at the time could stand up to him.
 

One4All

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2019
Messages
466
Reaction score
1,082
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Based on the sillhouttes and Elf's mural,Viernes seems to be having the same kind of body as Merc. I'm kinda excited to see him/her. So far,he's not hinted in the recent chapters unlike the other DGs like Selene and Ignia.
 

aymen24

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
2,072
Age
33
Country
Algeria
We have Serena already
Also saints...........They have this name.....

As for the five dragons
.......It was the people who gave them this name
Well ..... this is what Merc himself said in Chapter 24
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I mean we're clearly aware the "Dragon Gods" term was made by Guiltina people lol but the point is that coined term was used in legends and the "myth" of dragon gods. People who are aware of them more as a myth refer to them as 'gods'. Remember what Lucy said? Only a few members of the magic council are truly aware of dragon gods, and some still believe they're not real cause there just "myths" and "legends"


The term "Dragon King" had to be coined first before others began recognizing dragons of another level than the ordinary right? Plus we've seen the title used for 3 different dragons in the story:
  • The Fire Dragon, Atlas Flame (regular/pacist dragon)
  • The Fire Dragon King, Igneel (dragon king)
  • The Fire Dragon God, Ignia (dragon god)
so imo it's pretty obv those who are aware of them recognize them as "god". That's why I find their legends interesting
 
Top