A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
And I'll definitely tell you and @Asako when I start reading the manga! I already feel bad letting Asa wait for this long :feelsbadman
Remember that I also sleeping on Umineko after finishing arc 1 so no worry (honestly it just my the screen of my pc turning green after 1 hour doesn't motivate me to play as much as I want... It's annoying)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
That's a very cool Hawks Set you've got,Nii :verily
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,521
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have to admit this @Nii. During our conversation about the Fate VNs, and while I was making excuses about the time commitment involved in playing those, I was playing this..



I regret nothing but I do want to acknowledge my hypocrisy.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Realistically, I probably won't replay it anytime soon. The never ending flood of good videogames, movie, TV, manga, and anime stuff tends to make it a bit hard to revisit classic VNs.

Mainly because unlike books they take quite a while to read. The pace is set for you because it's linked to the sound and graphics. So if you're a faster reader, like myself, you can't just fly through it like you can an novel. It's kind of like knowing there is somewhere you want to go but also knowing it's 100 miles away and the speed limit is 10 miles an hour.
Well I know what you mean, VNs can be real timesinks. Fate at least would be on the longer side, but personally I think it's absolutely worth it. I tend to avoid rewatching or replaying things bc it often lacks that special something from the first time, but I loved the Fate/Stay Night VN as much as I did the first time. I guess it just clicks that well for me.

Personally I don't really think it limits your speed that much. Sure, when action happens you want to see it play out, but that's about it for me. Voice acting doesn't have to be heard to the end all the time either, the only time I never skip sentences is when it's a really important scene. I agree it does take more time than say, a light novel, though.

Remember that I also sleeping on Umineko after finishing arc 1 so no worry (honestly it just my the screen of my pc turning green after 1 hour doesn't motivate me to play as much as I want... It's annoying)
So any idea when you'll pick it up again Asa? About time you get a new PC ;)
Also how are you doing? Everything fine on your end?

That's a very cool Hawks Set you've got,Nii :verily
Haha thanks Seraph! I see you're a KamiJiro fan? The last chapter was quite something :3

I have to admit this @Nii. During our conversation about the Fate VNs, and while I was making excuses about the time commitment involved in playing those, I was playing this..



I regret nothing but I do want to acknowledge my hypocrisy.
lol I mean isn't that what we all do? We say "we don't have the time", but then we spend the time with something else. It's just a matter of priority, you can (almost) always find the time you need, if you really want to. There's so much fun stuff to try out there though, and only so little time, so there's no way around setting priorities.

I actually know this one btw, but I didn't play it :XD It does sound like your thing though, and as long as you have fun that's all that matters :nod
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,521
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I actually know this one btw, but I didn't play it :XD It does sound like your thing though, and as long as you have fun that's all that matters :nod
I named my character "Kazuma" and enjoyed it immensely.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Well I know what you mean, VNs can be real timesinks. Fate at least would be on the longer side, but personally I think it's absolutely worth it. I tend to avoid rewatching or replaying things bc it often lacks that special something from the first time, but I loved the Fate/Stay Night VN as much as I did the first time. I guess it just clicks that well for me.

Personally I don't really think it limits your speed that much. Sure, when action happens you want to see it play out, but that's about it for me. Voice acting doesn't have to be heard to the end all the time either, the only time I never skip sentences is when it's a really important scene. I agree it does take more time than say, a light novel, though.



So any idea when you'll pick it up again Asa? About time you get a new PC ;)
Also how are you doing? Everything fine on your end?



Haha thanks Seraph! I see you're a KamiJiro fan? The last chapter was quite something :3



lol I mean isn't that what we all do? We say "we don't have the time", but then we spend the time with something else. It's just a matter of priority, you can (almost) always find the time you need, if you really want to. There's so much fun stuff to try out there though, and only so little time, so there's no way around setting priorities.

I actually know this one btw, but I didn't play it :XD It does sound like your thing though, and as long as you have fun that's all that matters :nod
Soon ? No promises

For the pc, it's more like because I want a good one for the long run, my family knows I really need one, yet it's not coming anytime soon :catshrug
It's cuz the money going more to my bro that is studying abroad
Also my greed of wanted a good one is pushing the buying of the new pc more and more.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Haha thanks Seraph! I see you're a KamiJiro fan? The last chapter was quite something :3
Yep,i am indeed! He's one of my favorites lately,and i really like their Ship too. They have some nice chemistry,feels very natural.:super
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,074
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
lol yeah I really am a rare case, though funnily enough Sky is the same xD There's a bunch of anime movies I like, some of my favourites would be "Koe no Katachi", "Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki", or "Paprika". Though I tend to like anime seasons more, when it comes down to it haha.
And I guess Kuroshituji must have some fanservice at least, that often leads to people's fantasies running wild :3
Ame to Yuki is one of my all-time loved movies :blush (alongisde Kiki's Delivery Service). Koe no Katachi is amazing as well, though I find that the manga develops far more characters and plots (did you read it?).
Paprika is in my to-watch list, with Perfect Blue as well, with Netflix updating basically every anime I will probably watch it there soon. :XD
Jealous of both of us, perhaps

lol yeah, Umineko is pretty complicated in a way. It also leaves many answers up to your own skills and imagination, though the manga is more forgiving with the answers xD For example "that character's" backstory isn't even in the VN, you have to figure out the main culprit yourself with the hints available. My mind was blown the moment I realized who it was, lol. How do you feel about that twist?
Hahahaha Magi said the same thing. You played the games, then? I think they would make me go crazy (the manga was so good in some episodes to me that I even stopped trying to deduct the arguments of the characters :Haha). By the twist do you mean Sayo Yasuda? Because that one blew my mind so much I made Magi explain it to me all over again.

Do you have any favorites in particular? ^^
haha I mean I can show you some directions regarding Fate, if you want to :XD What I can say, personally, is that the original novel is definitely the best way to start. I actually started with the Fate/Zero anime back then, which would be the 2nd best choice. Then when I fangasmed I told Sky he should read it too, so he started what most fans consider "the best way" . Think @Sky thinks it was the best way too, in hindsight : D

Anyway, to not make it too complicated. Either 1. Start with the Fate/Stay Night VN (I can show you how to get the best version), or 2. Start with the Fate/Zero anime. Anything else is either adapting a part of the VN or it's own spin-off/universe, so you don't need to concern yourself with those yet.
Thanks a lot! I will start it in that order then. Actually I have collected thousands of Fate fanarts in both Pixiv and Pinterest, which is terrible I know since I still didn't even watch the series, but there are just so many characters and couples, and the fanartists are incredible, I think I ended up convinced to watch Fate thanks to that xD.
Yup, I'm following the manga, just not really all that in love anymore ever since the timeskip. OP was at it's best during Ennies Lobby I think, until the end of Shabondy. It slowly recovered after the timeskip though. If we're talking fav chars, it would be Zoro, Shanks, Nami, Law and Jinbe I think. Fav antagonists would be Arlong, Crocodile and Rob Lucci. Yours?
Totally agree with you about Sanji, his falling for all woman gag is just lame at this point. Thought it was nice what he had going with Pudding, but also bad how Oda decided to remove his character development by getting rid of his memories involving her =/
I still consider it one of my most favorites, but yeah, the series just doesn't give me the same feelings since the timeskip. In fact, I don't even like the artstyle of Oda like before (literally all the female characters have the same face and body lmao). Enies Lobby gave everything OP has, and it was amazing, still my favorite arcs were always Skypiea and Thriller Bark.

And I have so many favorites in the series :sweatdrop but the main ones wouldbe Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Brook, Smoker/Tashigi, Bonney, Ace and Buggy. As for antagonists My most favorite antagonist (and in character too) is Bleackbeard, I know it's an unpopular opinion (?) but I love how easly you can hate him, his design and his introduction/first interaction with Luffy was epic to me; plus I love characters that are based in real historic figues :nod. I think Arlong and Crocodile were the best ones though, and I really like Enel and Doflamingo too.
That's great to hear :zomg So who's your OTP then? :toc
Jessica/Kanon! :blush
I expected it to be Battler/Beato (I love them a lot though) or some other but Jessica is a cutie girl and Kanon is by far one of my favorites.
Lamda/Bern comes a very close OTP too though o/
Yeah, Vivi is adorable and has some really good character development. Prolly still my favorite Final Fantasy char all things considered. Might also be related to nostalgia though haha :XD

Did you read the Higurashi VN? It's one of the few cases where I've seen the anime but haven't read the VN yet (bc I watched the anime like 8 or 9 years ago lol). Definitely plan to change that sooner or later. Sadly most VN adaptations are pretty bad, that's why people often get the wrong idea about the story and characters etc :sweatdrop

Would be really cool to see you check out Tsukihime, but keep in mind it's really old and back then the company was just some fans creating a VN. Think they had like 4 or 5 people working on it haha. Be careful with checking the characters out, there's a lot of potential spoilers xD Sadly I can't really talk about Kohaku without going into heavy spoiler territory, but yes, she's great in her own way :3 If you need help with getting the novel, do tell me :nod
I always wanted to try VN in... general :lmao Always curious about it and it seems that it's always the best original source (not a fan of the Umi/Higu VNartstyle though lol). Gotta read both VNs of Higurashi and Umineko.

Will try to check out for Tsukihime, I will let you know. :nod
I definitely know I'm not the only Shinpachi x Kagura fan out there... :XD But yeah, people rather ship her with Okita or Gintoki. Nothing wrong with that, she has good chemistry with them as well.
And yes, 9S is a really interesting char. I knew you have good taste :blush

I actually like Kotomi lol, but I dunno if the anime did a proper job with her arc (before that, I didn't like her much either). Good to see Tomoyo is high on your list too though :zomg

And I'll definitely tell you and @Asako when I start reading the manga! I already feel bad letting Asa wait for this long :feelsbadman
Ah, I can't ship her with Gintoki :XD they give me strong father/daughter vibes and I love their relationship just like that. I do ship her with Nobume though.
I'm actually glad to see many people that love 9S <3, I'm used that the videogames character that I like are either hated or ignored.

And yeah check the manga! Is currently on a great arc and the artstyle is so pretty.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Soon ? No promises

For the pc, it's more like because I want a good one for the long run, my family knows I really need one, yet it's not coming anytime soon :catshrug
It's cuz the money going more to my bro that is studying abroad
Also my greed of wanted a good one is pushing the buying of the new pc more and more.
That sounds like quite the predicament... How about trying to talk your brother into giving you some of his money? :3

But it's true that getting a good PC is important, not much point in getting one faster if he breaks just as fast. I really hope you won't have to wait much longer, though. A green screen every few minutes sounds very annoying =/

Yep,i am indeed! He's one of my favorites lately,and i really like their Ship too. They have some nice chemistry,feels very natural.:super
Yup, I agree :nod So who from Bnha is your fav besides Kaminari?

Ame to Yuki is one of my all-time loved movies :blush (alongisde Kiki's Delivery Service). Koe no Katachi is amazing as well, though I find that the manga develops far more characters and plots (did you read it?).
Paprika is in my to-watch list, with Perfect Blue as well, with Netflix updating basically every anime I will probably watch it there soon. :XD
Not surprised we agree haha. Ame to Yuki really moved me. Hana was such a great mother, so the end was hard to swallow tbh :feelsbadman
About Koe no Katachi, yup I read the manga before the movie actually. And the manga's obviously better in a number of ways bc it gives the various characters much more screentime. I was really sceptic if one movie could even be a proper adaption, but I was pleasently surprised what a great job they did with the little runtime they had. Yes it's more shallow, naturally, but it still told a pretty good and believable story, not to mention the key scenes hit hard...

What hit me the most actually weren't any of the major scenes, but when Shouko's mom apologized to Shoya's mom. Even shed some tears back when I read the manga, because damn if you look back at how much she hated him (and he had it coming, really), and how Shoya's mom apologized to her back then, it sorta went ful circle for me. Like, they can finally forgive Shoya for what he did.

Can't say much about Paprika, that would lead to spoilers really easily. But it rmade me go "Whoa, it's almost like the prototype of THAT movie!" :XD Anyway, it's not an absolutely amazing film, but still pretty enjoyable. And Perfect Blue is the only Satoshi Kon movie I actually haven't watched yet, it's been on my list for ages... xD



Hahahaha Magi said the same thing. You played the games, then? I think they would make me go crazy (the manga was so good in some episodes to me that I even stopped trying to deduct the arguments of the characters :Haha). By the twist do you mean Sayo Yasuda? Because that one blew my mind so much I made Magi explain it to me all over again.

Do you have any favorites in particular? ^^
Yup, played them. They're still the best experience in my eyes, but the manga's good as well. Shame you missed out on that amazing voice acting and the huge number of great tracks, but you can always just look up the songs I guess. And the VNs (Umineko is made of two VNs) are really long, so it's a massive time investment. Ask @syx, I made him read it =)

And yup that's the twist I mean. You didn't get a concrete answer in the VN, so I was like "Wait, is THAT PERSON really the culprit?" and "WAIT DOES THAT REALLY MEAN X IS....!?" for a pretty long time. It's such a difficult and tricky topic that I was really amazed the author actually went there. Umi really speaks a lot about many different issues, that's a huge part of the charm for me. The Ushiromiya family really has many many problems... :XD

And favorites? You prolly mean characters, so I would go with Battler, Beatrice, Lambda, Natsuhi, and Ronove. Who are yours, besides Kanon?

On a random note, I heard from Magi you want to try the Umineko anime? Please don't, it's horrible :(

Thanks a lot! I will start it in that order then. Actually I have collected thousands of Fate fanarts in both Pixiv and Pinterest, which is terrible I know since I still didn't even watch the series, but there are just so many characters and couples, and the fanartists are incredible, I think I ended up convinced to watch Fate thanks to that xD.

I still consider it one of my most favorites, but yeah, the series just doesn't give me the same feelings since the timeskip. In fact, I don't even like the artstyle of Oda like before (literally all the female characters have the same face and body lmao). Enies Lobby gave everything OP has, and it was amazing, still my favorite arcs were always Skypiea and Thriller Bark.
haha yeah, the Fate franchise is full of cool characters, and thanks to its popularity there's almost too many amazing fanarts out there. Nothing terrible about collecting them :3 So in what order do you plan to start (when you do)? With the Fate/Zero anime or the original VN? Guess I'll talk about more about this below xD

lol yeah OPs female chars are just infamous at this point. Dunno what made Oda think it's good to give almost all of them huge boobs while making their bodies as small as a match... I know what you mean though, OP used to be one of my fav shows as well, and despite it all I'm still watching the anime, but it's just not as enjoyable as it once was. Skypiea actually is among my favorite arcs too, though I think what got me hooked back then was Arlong Park. Thriller Bark was amazing with the Straw Hat crew against Oz :zomg Definitely a very good arc all things considered.

And I have so many favorites in the series :sweatdrop but the main ones wouldbe Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Brook, Smoker/Tashigi, Bonney, Ace and Buggy. As for antagonists My most favorite antagonist (and in character too) is Bleackbeard, I know it's an unpopular opinion (?) but I love how easly you can hate him, his design and his introduction/first interaction with Luffy was epic to me; plus I love characters that are based in real historic figues :nod. I think Arlong and Crocodile were the best ones though, and I really like Enel and Doflamingo too.

Jessica/Kanon! :blush
I expected it to be Battler/Beato (I love them a lot though) or some other but Jessica is a cutie girl and Kanon is by far one of my favorites.
Lamda/Bern comes a very close OTP too though o/
lol yeah, I think those were the best antagonists too actually. Blackbeard just had too little screen time/characterization for me, that's why I don't really have an opinion about him besides "he's an asshole" XD

And I dunno why, but that was actually my guess. Sorta surprised you like Kanon that much though, why?

I always wanted to try VN in... general :lmao Always curious about it and it seems that it's always the best original source (not a fan of the Umi/Higu VNartstyle though lol). Gotta read both VNs of Higurashi and Umineko.

Will try to check out for Tsukihime, I will let you know. :nod
Why are you not a fan of their artstyle? I think you mean the old original one, but both received remade art by different artists. Some examples below:









Higurashi is actually the only case where I've watched the anime but never the VN (bc I watched the anime almost 10 years ago I think lol), but I'll definitely read it sooner or later. Anyway, if there's any help with VNs, feel free to ask me. I know that "a man's praise in his own mouth stinks", but I feel relatively safe saying that I know the most about them here on MH lol.

And just to let you know, Tsukihime is way more oldschool and barebones bc it was made by just a few people who had no money back then, but it's shorter and has a more mysterious/creepy flair than Fate/Stay Night. That one is longer and much more on the action side, but also looks much more polished and what you can generally expect from VNs.

Ah, I can't ship her with Gintoki :XD they give me strong father/daughter vibes and I love their relationship just like that. I do ship her with Nobume though.
I'm actually glad to see many people that love 9S <3, I'm used that the videogames character that I like are either hated or ignored.

And yeah check the manga! Is currently on a great arc and the artstyle is so pretty.
You and your Yuri pairings :heh But it's true that Gintoki and Kagura work much better as a sorta father/daughter pair.
And most videogame chars you like are mostly hated? Who? I think 9S is a pretty fascinating char, but I can also see why some didn't really like what he turned into near the end.

And will do at some point, promise :nod

Answering these posts really takes a long time haha.... guess we should try to move some of this to slack or something, at some point :XD

Gonna leave some artworks of Aluce here~
Some might be a bit spoilerish for you, but oh well welp ~=3=~








Spoilerish you say? K, then I won't look at any of them, but thanks anyway.

Well, I actually gave them a quick look. Some really nice-looking pics!
 
Last edited:

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Yup, I agree :nod So who from Bnha is your fav besides Kaminari?
Hmm,i do like Todoroki and Kirishima a lot too. But i'm a huge fan of Hawks as well,he's playing a big role currently and he probably has the best design in the Manga in my opinion. Momo,Ashido and Jirou are pretty fun characters too,i don't really like Uraraka though haha. even though she counts as a fan favorite.

Dabi and Endeavor are really nice characters too,and so is Shigaraki. :verily
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@revo @Elusia @Asako




Hm, not sure how to feel about the art style animation/design tbh, but it's only a matter of waiting now I guess lol.
Yeah, saw this earlier today. Tbh I think the girl's look fine, and the animation seems pretty good, but that Keiichi...


Not quite that bad for me, but I think he looks pretty bad in that new style. Maybe it will all look a bit better in animation, we'll see... But my bitching aside, I'm still really looking forward to the anime. Looks like it's an actual remake, after all! Saw someone who made a few comparison shots:







So yeah, looks like scenes from Onikakushi, the first chapter. And let's be honest, the old anime aged really badly :XD Especially the first part was pretty bad back then...
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Just saying I am literally slashing through the FGO main quest.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Honestly I like the old style better

Keiichi and rika especially, I don't like their design...
It feel weird to look at them..
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,074
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
@revo @Elusia @Asako




Hm, not sure how to feel about the art style animation/design tbh, but it's only a matter of waiting now I guess lol.
Agreed with Asachi and Nii on Keiichi, he looks weird and they made him kinda... more average looking, generic. I don't know how to feel about Rika either, kinda got used to her "moe" style from the first anime.

Outside of that, again, I like the animation quite a lot, sometimes it looks stiff but the faces and the colors look more detailed, I only hope the gore scenes get the same treatament, because as much as I liked the dark parts of the anime some expresions were so bad animated they looked funny. :XD
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Yeah, saw this earlier today. Tbh I think the girl's look fine, and the animation seems pretty good, but that Keiichi...


Not quite that bad for me, but I think he looks pretty bad in that new style. Maybe it will all look a bit better in animation, we'll see... But my bitching aside, I'm still really looking forward to the anime. Looks like it's an actual remake, after all! Saw someone who made a few comparison shots:







So yeah, looks like scenes from Onikakushi, the first chapter. And let's be honest, the old anime aged really badly :XD Especially the first part was pretty bad back then...
S a m e. Fully agreed on the Keiichi part. To be honest, Rika doesn't even look good either. Not sure what the hell they did with her face. Heck, even her hair isn't quite correct, funnily enough the old derpy style captured that better LOL. These two characters fail the most in design style, unfortunately, while Rena and the rest does fit the style tho. Animation at the other side looks good from the trailer so regarding to that, I think that's gonna okay (hopefully xD).

Oh, lol. Okay, I haven't seen that comparison yet. HMMMMMMMMMMM... I mean, I am all in for a whole redo of the first chapters/first arc since the old anime was garbage regardless, but if this is gonna be another half cut bullshit like the old anime than I give up on it really. So hopefully they will at least justify it this time? Also as long as they don't censor parts when it comes to the gore and all, then it should be gucci? But then again, I don't have much expectation on it and will just see how it goes lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I mean, at this point Rika will prolly get multi play versions of herself in different styles, even Hanyuu is confused by this new ''Rika''. xd
Manga Rika still stays the better version tho.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top