S a m e. Fully agreed on the Keiichi part. To be honest, Rika doesn't even look good either. Not sure what the hell they did with her face. Heck, even her hair isn't quite correct, funnily enough the old derpy style captured that better LOL. These two characters fail the most in design style, unfortunately, while Rena and the rest does fit the style tho. Animation at the other side looks good from the trailer so regarding to that, I think that's gonna okay (hopefully xD).
Oh, lol. Okay, I haven't seen that comparison yet. HMMMMMMMMMMM... I mean, I am all in for a whole redo of the first chapters/first arc since the old anime was garbage regardless, but if this is gonna be another half cut bullshit like the old anime than I give up on it really. So hopefully they will at least justify it this time? Also as long as they don't censor parts when it comes to the gore and all, then it should be gucci? But then again, I don't have much expectation on it and will just see how it goes lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I mean, at this point Rika will prolly get multi play versions of herself in different styles, even Hanyuu is confused by this new ''Rika''. xd
Manga Rika still stays the better version tho.
You think? Sure she looks different, but I actually think Rika looks "okay". I understand that it's going to be hard to get used to, especially when you really like a character and then he gets this wildly new design. I'll withhold judgement until we see the anime in action, but I'm already tempering my expectations too
And I mean if this isn't something entirely new, or a FULL remake, it wouldn't make any sense. They'll obviously have to cut some stuff too, but I heard the first anime (not Kai) cut a damn lot, so I hope they'll give the show more episodes this time,.even if takes three seasons or something. For now I hope this does well enough to make that Umineko anime a reality :3
Me too Asa, me too! I'm sure this will make many more people play this game, happy it's finally going to be able available on modern platforms. Also looks like there will be a variety of improvements, so really looking forward to that too. Might as well replay Automata too once I'm done with the Replicant remaster
You think? Sure she looks different, but I actually think Rika looks "okay". I understand that it's going to be hard to get used to, especially when you really like a character and then he gets this wildly new design. I'll withhold judgement until we see the anime in action, but I'm already tempering my expectations too
And I mean if this isn't something entirely new, or a FULL remake, it wouldn't make any sense. They'll obviously have to cut some stuff too, but I heard the first anime (not Kai) cut a damn lot, so I hope they'll give the show more episodes this time,.even if takes three seasons or something. For now I hope this does well enough to make that Umineko anime a reality :3
Nah. I do disagree that she looks okay. She doesn't look like how she is suppose to look, especially if you compare her with the other female characters, but it is what it is. Same. Let's see where this goes tho.
Yeah, but like.. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they go some lel route, but I won't judge now. Let's just see and wait. This kinda makes me feel like to re-read Higurashi again lmao. Hmm... I think it depends on the views? The only thing I am now kinda caring about is actually Ciconia episode 2 in all fairness. I bet the date for May will be postponed.
Nah. I do disagree that she looks okay. She doesn't look like how she is suppose to look, especially if you compare her with the other female characters, but it is what it is. Same. Let's see where this goes tho.
Yeah, but like.. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they go some lel route, but I won't judge now. Let's just see and wait. This kinda makes me feel like to re-read Higurashi again lmao. Hmm... I think it depends on the views? The only thing I am now kinda caring about is actually Ciconia episode 2 in all fairness. I bet the date for May will be postponed.
I getcha, you love her and you don't like her new look. But who knows, maybe the anime will positively surprise you haha. It's going to be hard for sure, but maybe they can actually give this a proper adaptation.
Not a much better time to start reading. The last episode (8) is about to be rereleased with better translation, after that Higurashi finally got the version it deserves. A fan also translated a bunch of the console-only arcs, so there's plenty to dig your teeth into. I'll definitely read it too, though not sure when exactly yet. Think it will be about done in 2 or 3 months, so summer sounds like a good plan.
And sadly I have to inform you that yes, Ryukishi already said Ciconia 2 won't be released in May... Prolly will take few months more, so you have to endure Magi.
And sadly I have to inform you that yes, Ryukishi already said Ciconia 2 won't be released in May... Prolly will take few months more, so you have to endure Magi.
I've come across several of these school-setting fanarts of Jalter and Salter, and I think the idea behind it is hilarious. It has so much potential for a comedy/slice of life/school anime series, don't you think?
Not surprised we agree haha. Ame to Yuki really moved me. Hana was such a great mother, so the end was hard to swallow tbh
About Koe no Katachi, yup I read the manga before the movie actually. And the manga's obviously better in a number of ways bc it gives the various characters much more screentime. I was really sceptic if one movie could even be a proper adaption, but I was pleasently surprised what a great job they did with the little runtime they had. Yes it's more shallow, naturally, but it still told a pretty good and believable story, not to mention the key scenes hit hard...
What hit me the most actually weren't any of the major scenes, but when Shouko's mom apologized to Shoya's mom. Even shed some tears back when I read the manga, because damn if you look back at how much she hated him (and he had it coming, really), and how Shoya's mom apologized to her back then, it sorta went ful circle for me. Like, they can finally forgive Shoya for what he did.
Can't say much about Paprika, that would lead to spoilers really easily. But it rmade me go "Whoa, it's almost like the prototype of THAT movie!" Anyway, it's not an absolutely amazing film, but still pretty enjoyable. And Perfect Blue is the only Satoshi Kon movie I actually haven't watched yet, it's been on my list for ages... xD
I'm currently on a Ghibli full watching these days, remembered our fave movies lists, though I know you're not into Ghibli that much.
Speaking of Koe no Katachi, you read or know Fumetsu no Anata E? (don't remember if I asked you before hahaha), there will be soon an anime adaptation, surprised it won't be a movie as well. I'm liking Yoshitoki Ōima (the author of both series) more and more, her art style and messages in her series are amazing.
Totally agree with you, also Shouko's mother was one of the characters I actually liked the most in the manga. Her development was great and even if in the movie you can understand why she's the way she is, the manga gives more background into how she had to deal with the asshole of her husband and his family, plus having her child bullied. The whole relationship with the two mothers was great tbh, I always have a smile in my face when at the end of the manga it shows how both hang out together and are friends.
Only character I still despise today is Ueno, really can't believe there are fans of her character and it's rare for me to dislike characters at that level.
Of Satoshi Kon I love Paranoia Agent (an anime series) and Tokyo Godfathers is one of my all time favorite anime movies, I even watched it as a kid even if it isn't much for children...
Yup, played them. They're still the best experience in my eyes, but the manga's good as well. Shame you missed out on that amazing voice acting and the huge number of great tracks, but you can always just look up the songs I guess. And the VNs (Umineko is made of two VNs) are really long, so it's a massive time investment. Ask @syx, I made him read it =)
And yup that's the twist I mean. You didn't get a concrete answer in the VN, so I was like "Wait, is THAT PERSON really the culprit?" and "WAIT DOES THAT REALLY MEAN X IS....!?" for a pretty long time. It's such a difficult and tricky topic that I was really amazed the author actually went there. Umi really speaks a lot about many different issues, that's a huge part of the charm for me. The Ushiromiya family really has many many problems...
And favorites? You prolly mean characters, so I would go with Battler, Beatrice, Lambda, Natsuhi, and Ronove. Who are yours, besides Kanon?
On a random note, I heard from Magi you want to try the Umineko anime? Please don't, it's horrible
Hahaha, Magi gave me alll the Umineko soundtracks, and knowing how terrible the anime adaptation is, I reread some chapters sometimes while listening to the music.
That plot twist was too much for me, I had to reread these few chapters of the reveal some times again and then also had to ask Magi to explain some things to me so I could finish reading... xD. Really is such a mess, so complex, but then you think about it on your own and feel that it really makes a lot of sense, I admire the creation of Higurashi and Umineko a lot, because it shows how much dedication they got in the mysteries and the characters.
About my favorites, Lambda is my number one (just judging from my set haha), Kanon, Beatrice, Ange, Dlanor and Eva. Not a big fan of Natsuhi honestly but probably the one I dislike or care less the most is George tbh, not a big fan of Erika as well.
haha yeah, the Fate franchise is full of cool characters, and thanks to its popularity there's almost too many amazing fanarts out there. Nothing terrible about collecting them :3 So in what order do you plan to start (when you do)? With the Fate/Zero anime or the original VN? Guess I'll talk about more about this below xD
lol yeah OPs female chars are just infamous at this point. Dunno what made Oda think it's good to give almost all of them huge boobs while making their bodies as small as a match... I know what you mean though, OP used to be one of my fav shows as well, and despite it all I'm still watching the anime, but it's just not as enjoyable as it once was. Skypiea actually is among my favorite arcs too, though I think what got me hooked back then was Arlong Park. Thriller Bark was amazing with the Straw Hat crew against Oz Definitely a very good arc all things considered.
Oh, replying to our convo in my thread, I finished episode two of Fate/stay night (this is the first anime that came out, right? In 2006), watching it more because I'm really hyped by the current Fate series, though I don't know it this one matters with the order of the previous seasons or not. I think I never asked but, is Saber one of your favorite females? Since she's the one with most popularity, I think she will end up being mine too.
Kinda that's why I feel that Oda became lazy when it comes to drawing, I feel that the OP art style in general used to be more unique and detailed in the past, but can't blame him that much since the storyline already needs a lot of attention... these are the times when I'm okay with mangakas having as much hiatus as they need in order to give their series a proper order (looking at you, Nakaba ).
Oh so we share favorite arcs as well I love the whole adventure in the Skypiea arc, is the main reason and aspect of why I read OP, not much for the action actually. Thriller Bark, I liked the designs and the constant humor there as well, I know he's not very liked but Brook became one of my favorites thanks to his amazing introduction.
lol yeah, I think those were the best antagonists too actually. Blackbeard just had too little screen time/characterization for me, that's why I don't really have an opinion about him besides "he's an asshole" XD
And I dunno why, but that was actually my guess. Sorta surprised you like Kanon that much though, why?
I think he's an asshole too, which is what makes me like him so much (?) when authors do well into making you dislike villians thanks to their actions.
Sometimes I ask myself the same question haha, the serious-gloomy type of character isn't usually my favorite or doesn't get my attention, but I thought that Kanon's story lines were refreshing and I love his character development, also with the author constanly giving the Shannon/George plot a lot of spotlight, I found the Kanon/Jessica one far better and heartbreaking tbh. (I like Shannon btw, a lot, but her relationship with Geroge was meh to me).
Why are you not a fan of their artstyle? I think you mean the old original one, but both received remade art by different artists. Some examples below:
Higurashi is actually the only case where I've watched the anime but never the VN (bc I watched the anime almost 10 years ago I think lol), but I'll definitely read it sooner or later. Anyway, if there's any help with VNs, feel free to ask me. I know that "a man's praise in his own mouth stinks", but I feel relatively safe saying that I know the most about them here on MH lol.
And just to let you know, Tsukihime is way more oldschool and barebones bc it was made by just a few people who had no money back then, but it's shorter and has a more mysterious/creepy flair than Fate/Stay Night. That one is longer and much more on the action side, but also looks much more polished and what you can generally expect from VNs.
I like the other art styles a lot though, even more than the animation of the anime itself. But I'm really surprised how bad the Umineko anime turned to be, when it had probably even more potential than Higurashi did (tbh the Higu anime had lots of mistakes but it's overall a decent adaptation to me, it's worth to watch).
And I will ask you anytime, thank you (especially when it comes to Fate).
And most videogame chars you like are mostly hated? Who? I think 9S is a pretty fascinating char, but I can also see why some didn't really like what he turned into near the end.
Hmm, well, Kairi (KH), Zelda (from Breath of the Wild) and Amy Rose (Sonic) have their own little hate fanbases, though there are other videogames characters that I love who have far more popularity.
I was going to mention Vocaloid too tbh, some people forget it was originally a game, do you like by the way? :0
@revo just a short note before I answer everything else later. Please don't watch the old 2006 Fate anime, it's just really bad If there's any Fate anime you should start with, it's Fate/Zero, you can trust me on that xD
Also funny, I had that exact Lambda pic as my sig in the past too haha. Being a Lambda fan only proves your good taste
I've just sent my Type-Moon chars list nii dont really know about other chars in Nasuverse apart from Carnival Phantasm so my list consists of Fate chars
I've come across several of these school-setting fanarts of Jalter and Salter, and I think the idea behind it is hilarious. It has so much potential for a comedy/slice of life/school anime series, don't you think?
I've just sent my Type-Moon chars list nii dont really know about other chars in Nasuverse apart from Carnival Phantasm so my list consists of Fate chars
hey that's great Kiki Don't worry, I only have two non-Fate chars on my list too It was a close call, but Fate has so many good chars, so it's hard to ignore them...