Witch (Townie)
The Witch can select a player at the start of the game [I would make it at the start of N1]. If that player dies the enraged Witch can curse any other player who will die the next night. This is a night action and can be blocked, but once the Curse was successfully done the kill of the next night cannot be prevented in any way.
FarfWitch (Townie)
The Witch can select a player every night. If the Witch dies then she curses the last player she selected (or is allowed to pick between all players she targeted so far during night) [picking sounds better for me] who will then die the next night. This Curse kill cannot be prevented in any way.
Evil Witch (Townie)
Once per game, if the Evil Witch becomes the target of a kill at night or day, from any source, it gets aware of it (i.e. notified by the host) and enraged, redirecting the kill to any other player in the game, at her will. That player, then, dies at the end of the following Night Phase.
Heh I'll add my own bewitching Jutsu then
Witch (Secondary)
The main role of the Witch is negated. Upon death, the Witch can curse another player to become a witch.
Mafia Medium (Mafia)
Can select 1 player each night to spiritually bond with until the start of the next night. If one of the two dies the other one dies as well. Upon death the target's role is hidden(???) and told to the Medium's team.
Another more active trap role for mafia other than Bomb. Bonds the 2 players so if the mafia dies the target he wanted to go down with also dies, but if the target dies at night or day so does the Medium.
Mafia Destiny Bond seems interesting, but if it's not mandatory, the User can simply use this the day they anticipate they're going to get lynched right? Since Mafia Caster is a bomb-type role anyway, maybe make it so that the Medium will die for sure the next day? So basically a self-sacrificing day kill at the end of the following DP.
Cannot choose who he kills, but every kill he does can't be blocked or protected from.
Inspired by Gajeel's idea, but kinda heavy-rng for people that like that. Only way I could think of for a Berserker to work. Basically a permanent Strongman but his target is randomized among all players other than himself. So he could hit a teammate too. Can see it being a useful role in some setups to give to mafia, and some occasions like being the last player alive it could be interesting.
Hum I don't agree with this one either, I think. The upside is too strong, the downside is too detrimental. Let's say you have a mafia with gambler-type players; all strategic consideration you as a host wished for goes out of the window. Since the role exists and 'might as well' be used, the mafia will always pick this Jutsu and nothing in town can prevent the kill from taking place. RNG doesn't balance out in a non-repetitive draw (sure, the odds are in favour of the smaller mafia at first, but once town thins out a bit, or they think they've gotten rid of all protection/blocking role, they can simply switch to another member carrying out the kills). So too strong, mostly. The downside of mafia players dying at most could offer a half-baked alibi for an insane doc claim, but I seriously doubt the gameplay value of 'killing your own member' because 'the numbers balance out'. This argument only works if you play a 100 games with this role, and in every game you accidentally hit your own guy you'll feel bad. It's a deal that's too good to refuse, even for conservative players.
Then there's the RNG bit; since town is larger, we can afford to create spicier roles (BK) because the larger size of Town. Mafia, however, as a smaller, coordinated unit, I don't think would benefit from having more RNG to deal with on top of the usual scurrying around. If implemented, Paranoid Strongman would likely be the strongest killing role after Assassin. This last bit is personal preference or opinion, not necessarily an argument. RNG can be spice inducing, but imo this wouldn't be the way to do it.
Maybe a restriction? The Paranoid Strongman Berserker picks two other players. The full-pen kill RNG's onto one of the three players involved. This sort of thing puts a limit on the usefulness, as well as offering a scope, but permanent strongman is still very powerful. Maybe Mafia Outrage? If the Mafia Berserker carries out two kills, the next night mafia gets the fully RNG'd fullpen kill on top of their regular kill?
It could be fun, but I'm not sure when I would use this recruiter and when the normal recruiter. They fulfill the same purpose just differently, neither one is stronger or weaker if you do the balance change that he dies and is lost when recruiting the wrong person.
Maybe something to go along with the Super Masons? So basically secondary style mason recruiting. Adds a flavour of omo to the one being initiated to the role, rather than feeling that they've been dragged into something troublesome.
Maybe a secondary role that can be passed on amongst the masons, electing a new person as leader in the group at will?
Something along these lines, yes
Apprentice is prolly better, but a Mafia Backup like this could be interesting in some comps.
I was just thinking of how troublesome it would be if the Burden died first.
For town or mafia? Could work as a secondary.
Both, as a secondary perhaps yeah
I could see some use in this, though overall a much weaker Mafia Doc version.
Yeah, for balance sake maybe not a bad thing. Compared to the doc, however, it's a passive role, so no targeting is required. To balance that out, maybe we can make it so it only blocks targeting roles (so it doesn't block PGO or Bomb)
Afaik that role was rejected for being too strong before, is this a different effect?
Yeah, in this version, the OCL picks three people, but can only repick after all three players have used a night action. So if their target doesn't have a night action, they can't repick. Throughout the OCL isn't informed whenever one of the players use their actions. I could use it N1 for instance on three players and find out all three of them moved. But if I pick another batch, along the way two might die and power might not reactivate until the last member turns out to be mafia member finally carrying out a night kill. I forget the exact iterations we cycled through before, but this seems tame enough, I think.
You mean it's secretly not counted akin SS Illusions? Not a huge fan of that. I'd even change Illusions so their votes count.
I agree the non-voting property is particularly troublesome, I think that should be nerfed as well. But for a mafia member, scheming the background, I think it's alright. It's not like the player is permanently affected, just for the duration of the mafia's vote. The player here has to consider whose vote they need to negate and whether or not they can get away with that. In terms of having to explain yourself, I think it's quite interesting. If this player makes it to the late-game, they have tie-breaking power as well.