Discussion New Roles and New Rules Suggestion Thread

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Submissions for new roles need to follow the next format in order to be considered:

I. [Place Holder Name]

II. [Affiliation]

III. [Short Description]

IV. [Long Description/Idea/Premise/Scope]

V. [Priority/RoleType/Interactions/other Specifics]

I. Troublemaker

II.
Town

III. Can once per game make a Day phase lynch be the top 2 voted people instead of regular 1 top voted person. Every player has 2 votes but cannot vote the same player twice.

IV. PMs the host on the night before the day he wishes to use his power on. Host announces at start of day that the 2 top voted players will be lynched.
Everyone gets 2 votes that they can use on 2 individual players. Both can be moved once like usual. Example:
!votekill1 PlayerX
!votekill2 PlayerY
!votelock2
(locks on PlayerY).

Any other format is also fine as long as players specify who they are voting and if it's a new vote or they are changing their first one.

V. Doesn't have a Priority, happens at the end of night after all other actions. Doesn't target another player. Primary role.

Since it happens at the end of a phase, the player can be both blocked and killed to prevent it happening.


I. Psychiatrist

II. Townie

III. The Psychiatrist investigates one person per night phase to see if the player has a Secondary Role. They get a "Your target has a secondary role" if that is the case, and a "Your target does not have a secondary role" if it's not. The Psychiatrist does not find out the allegiance of the target.

IV. It's a counter for scum secondaries without outright revealing them, leaving room for guess work and player reading.

V. Priority 2, Primary Role.

Current roles Approved for testing here

Rules on including those in a game:
  • A host can take any of these roles and test them in their game. Depending on results from testing the role it will either be included into the Role list or need more changes/testing.
  • A host at the very least has to announce in the opening post of the game that new roles are being tested, or alternatively even more specifically reveal the roles that are being tested.
Link to the last update post with the roles that are either close to approval or were not approved: here.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,108
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
There is no such thread. There was maybe something @FaustXIII did with personal player winrates but I never updated it when I saw that even back then it wasn‘t correct with some players that name-changed a couple times.
I can specifically do what she asked later. Probably with more than just a winrate as that's too superficial.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,108
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Go ahead, I/other hosts can keep updating it as games go.
Gonna just add it at the end of history to avoid cluttering the section.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,877
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
I can specifically do what she asked later. Probably with more than just a winrate as that's too superficial.
explain how it's too superficial. When you have data of Mafia/Townie/TP wining rate, You can analyze data and can act whether to buff or nerf certain role. Honestly i think what you just said is super superficial.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,108
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
explain how it's too superficial. When you have data of Mafia/Townie/TP wining rate, You can analyze data and can act whether to buff or nerf certain role. Honestly i think what you just said is super superficial.
Because the game changes through the years and with each host, so I will specify.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,877
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
These three can't singlehandedly change anything about the above either^ The active council discusses these things, and we vote about it. Since all of us play and host, there's no reason for us to not take into account what seems to be a good idea. It's just that if we can already argue why it's not, there's no need to push it further.
I'm pretty sure, There are more who play and host like cresent and holt. You need more members in the core council then, If the voting is limited to your group only. I don't want my opinion to be judged and discussed by few group only with 2 of them are not even playing.

@xi0 @Evil3ye @Ustegius Can we have more core councils? and more higher councils
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,535
Reaction score
21,783
Gender
Female
Country
China
Day or Night kill won't matter, He will get killed the following day or night if he cast his ability by a TF or Mafia. It's not op as you imagine. But if he is getting a night kill buff i won't disagree, It would be better than nothing!
You may have misunderstood but I don't believe a night buff of sorts is coming


I told you "Confusion". I'm Mafia mod, I post a misleading screenshot relvealing hidden townie players. Naturally some will get confused and doubt the players in the screen shot. Can a normal member do the same like the mod? Answer with yes or no. Told you there is no argument!! You simply want fair game play or not?
Yeah, normal players can screenshot things as well. They can't see hidden members but you’ve yet to explain how this confusion contributes anything super substantial. I'm no saying mods are therefore equal, but you're overstating their advantage. In other words, even if a normal member can't see hidden players, there's no immediate upside to this ability.

That said, if we could make it so the mods cant see people who have set themselves to invisible, I'd be alright with that.

I want straight to the point actions "Yes or No". Who said i want my post getting privileged? If you think that my intention then yes, I would love my post to get privileged that would be cool and amazing. But my stronger intention is having better Mafia game.
This vibe is created by you tagging who you perceive to be those in power or with sway upon not immediately getting positive feedback. It's true no explicit demands were made.

As i said yesterday, It's better to be Mafia or TP than a Townie. Simply Townie need buffs to be playable. Some roles are utter shit and ain't balanced. Numbers doesn't matter, You don't face a guy with a gun with numbers, You all will die.
The first part is true; obviously on average their roles are stronger pound by pound, they're with less players on their side. The latter part is not true, there's definitely strength in votes and numbers.

I'm pretty sure, There are more who play and host like cresent and holt. You need more members in the core council then, If the voting is limited to your group only. I don't want my opinion to be judged and discussed by few group only with 2 of them are not even playing.

@xi0 @Evil3ye @Ustegius Can we have more core councils? and more higher councils
There are a tonne of people and all may and do contribute. You're talking unilaterally about your wants and demands without engaging with my points. Having more councils doesn't solve this particular issue
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
@xi0 @Evil3ye @Ustegius look in my suggestions for Mafia game and see if they fit or not.
In 10 years and 80 games played this has never been an issue, and no one who plays this game seems to think staff members have a better chance of winning because of something like it either. I already told you that I see your point about misleading screenshots from people with more permissions, but I don't know the best way to remedy that. I don't see how it could be enforceable to force all players to not hide their status.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,877
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
You may have misunderstood
What i misunderstood?
what said, if we could make it so the mods cant see people who have set themselves to invisible, I'd be alright with that.
Or make all members visible.
but you’ve yet to explain how this confusion contributes anything super substantial
It can be used as weapon to make ppl doubt eachother and eventually make townies kill townies, Can i use the weapon against him? You still didn't answer btw, Do you need a fair gameplay or no? If yes then you will get my point if no then you simply support unfair gameplay.

The latter part is not true, there's definitely strength in votes and numbers.
Which get defies with the problems i mentioned above.

You're talking unilaterally about your wants and demands without engaging with my points. Having more councils doesn't solve this particular issue
what points? you are the one who don't give any good response until now.
Having more councils will surely have an impact on the issue, Since core councils are the ones who votes like you said.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
In 10 years and 80 games played this has never been an issue, and no one who plays this game seems to think staff members have a better chance of winning because of something like it either. I already told you that I see your point about misleading screenshots from people with more permissions, but I don't know the best way to remedy that. I don't see how it could be enforceable to force all players to not hide their status.
This is where I‘d tag Pat and ask if he can do something that always shows people in the mafia section or so.

:feelsbadman
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,877
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
In 10 years and 80 games played this has never been an issue, and no one who plays this game seems to think staff members have a better chance of winning because of something like it either. I already told you that I see your point about misleading screenshots from people with more permissions, but I don't know the best way to remedy that. I don't see how it could be enforceable to force all players to not hide their status.
what about not making him post screenshots at all? prohibit mods from posting screenshots
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
what about not making him post screenshots at all? prohibit mods from posting screenshots
Prohibit mods from posting screenshots? That doesn't seem like equal treatment either.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Btw the council thing is based on who volunteers, while also having enough playing and hosting experience. I don‘t see a huge line of people wanting to do it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Banning screenshots would nerf Farfalla. Is that needed?
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,877
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Prohibit mods from posting screenshots? That doesn't seem like equal treatment either.
Prohibit mods from posting screenshots with hidden players. I think that is fair treatment
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It's not even really about the screenshot, though I understand why you think it's more convincing. I've seen it happen on numerous occasions that someone will say how a player has been strangely absent all day and a staff member will say, "oh, no they're just set to invisible" or someone else will say "oh, well they were posting in this other thread". Not a single person has then said staff members shouldn't be doing that.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,877
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
It's not even really about the screenshot, though I understand why you think it's more convincing. I've seen it happen on numerous occasions that someone will say how a player has been strangely absent all day and a staff member will say, "oh, no they're just set to invisible" or someone else will say "oh, well they were posting in this other thread". Not a single person has then said staff members shouldn't be doing that.
They shouldn't be doing that as well.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
This is where I‘d tag Pat and ask if he can do something that always shows people in the mafia section or so.

:feelsbadman
I seem to remember him doing something like that with post Likes, because we didn't want dead players or spectators contributing to the game in that way. Maybe there's something that could be done there, but yeah...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

They shouldn't be doing that as well.
They're not allowed to point out someone hiding? lol

I told you many times already, you're new to the game. This game is about deception, it's dirty. It's not supposed to be "fair". If someone lies about you and people believe them, that's kind of tough shit.

I see your point and maybe there can be some way to address it that makes sense, but the response can't be disproportional to the issue. And I think you're making a way bigger issue out of it than it really is.
 
Top