A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
dude, imagine Emiya Gohan but with Jalter and Salter being with them in school too. That would be legendary :lmao
I was thinking even beyond that. Like Salter and Jalter being the MCs of the series. The rebellious - but popular - girls who are at each other's throat almost every damn day. They are from different classes at the same school and have their own gang. Salter's gang consists of the Knights of the Round Table. :lmao No idea about Jalter though. However, over the course of the series Mordred - who is the cousin of Salter - will join Jalter's gang, haha.

Jeanne will be Jalter's big sister who studies in a university. She is a role model, very religious and top student. Both of them live in the same household, and Jeanne pretty much runs the whole household alone of her own volition. Of course Jeanne tries her best to bring Jalter closer to the light but it always ends up in vain. But she never loses hope and that is what annoys the freaking hell out of Jalter, becaue Jeanne tries again and again. Imagine Jeanne waking Jalter up every Sunday to visit the church, only for drooling Jalter to throw a pillow at her at supersonic speed. But Jeanne never lets anger get the better of her. She is that kind of person who would - no matter what you do to her - put her hands on your shoulder with the cutest smile ever and say "I know that one day... even my imouto will come to accept god". Literally the worst kind of people to deal with and which drives Jalter furious, hahaha.

I picture Jalter as someone who is pretty average at school, because she can't give two shits about studying. So she resorts to cheat in exams. Mind you, she is top tier in that regard, but she never exploits her cheating abilities to the fullest since it is "too tiring" for her.

Salter's household is bigger. Artoria is her big sister who is best friends with Jeanne. Artoria and Jeanne visit the same university. Then there are her little sisters MHX and MHX Alter. Artoria's personality is different from Jeanne. She scolds Salter whenever she behaves inappropriate... which happens a lot. xD Artoria is a very diligent and graceful character with perfect cooking abilities. She wants Salter to be the same. However, since Salter acts like a bitch, Artoria punishes her one way or the other. She doesn't wash Salter's clothes, doesn't cook for her, doesn't peel fruits for her, but Artoria does all these things for the two youngest ones.

MHX is a free spirit and couldn't care less about her surroundings. MHX Alter is an introvert, nerd, and feels bothered by all the fights between her big sisters.

Contrary to Jalter, Salter is a top student. She is a genius and gets top grades without doing anything remotely close to studying. She is well aware of her genius, hence acts a little bit arrogant. Salter has no motorcycle license and also no motorcycle of her own. She uses her "charm" to borrow the motorcycles of older boys, and this is well known. :lmao

Mash is the tragic side character here. She is Jalter's classmate, but also a member of the club where Salter is the president. Jalter and Salter take advantage of Mash whenever they can. When there is a team project, Jalter would choose her as a member and let her do all the tasks while Jalter hangs out with her friends. Mash knows that she is being used, but her pure innocent soul can't generate hate. She treasures the little attention she gets when asked/forced to join the project team, the clap on her shoulder once she finishes the project and the headpat when they get a top grade.
In the club, Mash is also the one doing all the club activities. But Salter is a little bit smarter than Jalter. Mash is allowed to join the club members whenever they go out for a drink or dinner. But Salter added the rule that the bill will be shared evenly. The glutton that Salter is, you can imagine how much money Mash has to pay compared to what she eats/drinks. But it doesn't matter for Mash. She is happy to be part of the club... kinda. :toc

Jalter's and Salter's fights are always different. During volleyball, Salter would rather spike the ball right at Jalter's head and break her nose instead of going for the easy points. But at night, Jalter would sabotage the motorcycle which Salter borrowed, leading to an accident where Salter breaks her arm or leg.

Both of them end up falling for the same transfer student. Let's call him Emiya Shirou. Just think about it... the terror both girls experience once they get to know Shirou better, and figure out that Shirou's dreamgirl is a mix of Jeanne and Artoria. :lmao But they both still have the hots for him and thus try to gain his favor by acting like their respective big sisters. Obviously they mess up big time. Visualize Jalter and Shirou have a talk at a bench and Jalter goes like "I know a lot about Christianity, I have read the holy Quran. There is this beautiful psalm which says..." or Salter cooking something for Emiya, and both end up being sick the whole week due to food intoxication. :lmao

...

I should patent this stuff...

*looks at his own set*

*looks at syx set*

I've only managed this level of spicyness with Sky so far. You just went up another level my friend :blushbirb
Ohhh right... that's the both of us. Such a beautiful work. <3
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
syx my friend, so far I consider FF7R to be a masterpiece.
And that is coming from someone who is shitting on Square Enix on a daily basis.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Have you been reading the latest Haikyuu chapters, Nii? :zomg
Ofc I have, and I think the match is amazing so far :zomg You know I've always been more of a Hinata fan and seeing him makes all these awesome moves was just plain awesome :XD Kageyama got some nice backstory though, really liked that one. Are you enjoying the match too? Sounds like it at least xD

I'm currently on a Ghibli full watching these days, remembered our fave movies lists, though I know you're not into Ghibli that much. :Haha.
Not at all tbh, but as I said, it's mostly because I've only ever watched one Ghibli movie when I was a kid. At some point I definitely have to check out a few at least, but you know how it is, so much you wanna do, but so little time...

Speaking of Koe no Katachi, you read or know Fumetsu no Anata E? (don't remember if I asked you before hahaha), there will be soon an anime adaptation, surprised it won't be a movie as well. I'm liking Yoshitoki Ōima (the author of both series) more and more, her art style and messages in her series are amazing.

Totally agree with you, also Shouko's mother was one of the characters I actually liked the most in the manga. Her development was great and even if in the movie you can understand why she's the way she is, the manga gives more background into how she had to deal with the asshole of her husband and his family, plus having her child bullied. The whole relationship with the two mothers was great tbh, I always have a smile in my face when at the end of the manga it shows how both hang out together and are friends.

Only character I still despise today is Ueno, really can't believe there are fans of her character :XD and it's rare for me to dislike characters at that level.
I've actually been reading it for some time, yup :nod Thought it was great for the most part, but I did stop around 3 or 4 months ago, didn't like the newest chapters too much (think that was when Fushi started growing his powers on that ship/basically became one with it?) and wanted to read a bunch of them at one, so yeah... :XD Need to pick it up again sometime soon, syx mentioned the manga got pretty good again.

Also very much looking forward to the Fumetsu anime, the PV looked pretty great :zomg

I totally agree. How she managed to pull through all of that seriously deserves respect. Reminds me of Ookami Kodomo, seems we both like strong mother characters XD

Ueno was sort of pitiful, but yeah, I agree that she remained pretty unlikeable. I guess some people just like that sort of bitchy character, but I can't say I can relate lol.

Of Satoshi Kon I love Paranoia Agent (an anime series) and Tokyo Godfathers is one of my all time favorite anime movies, I even watched it as a kid even if it isn't much for children... :sweatdrop
Have yet to watch Paranoia Agent, it's the only work of his I haven't watched besides Perfect Blue. I did take a look at the Paranoia Agent OP back then though, and thought it was great :XD Just didn't get around to it for some reason, it's another thing I just have to watch at some point :sweatdrop

Hahaha, Magi gave me alll the Umineko soundtracks, and knowing how terrible the anime adaptation is, I reread some chapters sometimes while listening to the music. :lmao
That plot twist was too much for me, I had to reread these few chapters of the reveal some times again and then also had to ask Magi to explain some things to me so I could finish reading... xD. Really is such a mess, so complex, but then you think about it on your own and feel that it really makes a lot of sense, I admire the creation of Higurashi and Umineko a lot, because it shows how much dedication they got in the mysteries and the characters.

About my favorites, Lambda is my number one (just judging from my set haha), Kanon, Beatrice, Ange, Dlanor and Eva. Not a big fan of Natsuhi honestly :sweatbunny but probably the one I dislike or care less the most is George tbh, not a big fan of Erika as well.
lol that's good to hear, the anime is the last thing Umineko-related one should touch xD
About the plot twist, it really is a whole lot to swallow. Almost couldn't believe it back then either, and it only clicked for real once I read the manga chapters about the characters backstory, you prolly know which ones I mean. Huge respect to the author for actually daring to go there, I didn't expect that at all, but still really like it. I can also see why it might be a bit too much or convoluted for others, though.

As I said, Lambda being your number one just proves your taste again : D Really like her too, she loves to troll around, yet actually is very good-natured at heart. The kind of character you could have a lot of fun hanging around with (as long as you're not trapped in a mystery-solving crime, ofc :3). Easily my fav together with Beato too. Not the biggest fan of Ange or Eva, maybe bc that whole part felt a bit too dragged out in the Visual Novel, but they're not bad characters at all.

Agreed with George, but did you forget Gouda? Now that was easily the most forgettable and ignored character in my eyes :XD Erika is rather so-so in general, but she had her moments. Also like her catchphrase tbh haha.

Oh, replying to our convo in my thread, I finished episode two of Fate/stay night (this is the first anime that came out, right? In 2006), watching it more because I'm really hyped by the current Fate series, though I don't know it this one matters with the order of the previous seasons or not. :XD I think I never asked but, is Saber one of your favorite females? Since she's the one with most popularity, I think she will end up being mine too.
I really hope you switched to Fate/Zero, like I suggested xD About time you tell me if you're enjoying it :p
Saber is a good character, but I don't think she's among my absolute favs. There's so many Fate characters by now, that it's hard to say who you like the most :lmao
I do think Saber could easily become your fav though, just a feeling : D

Kinda that's why I feel that Oda became lazy when it comes to drawing, I feel that the OP art style in general used to be more unique and detailed in the past, but can't blame him that much since the storyline already needs a lot of attention... these are the times when I'm okay with mangakas having as much hiatus as they need in order to give their series a proper order (looking at you, Nakaba :emobirb ).
Oh so we share favorite arcs as well :wtf I love the whole adventure in the Skypiea arc, is the main reason and aspect of why I read OP, not much for the action actually. Thriller Bark, I liked the designs and the constant humor there as well, I know he's not very liked but Brook became one of my favorites thanks to his amazing introduction. :XD
Yeah, I absolutely agree. How to say this... it doesn't invoke the same feeling of "wonder" I had back then, where the world felt really rich and diverse. Maybe that's nostalgia speaking though, I dunno.
Speaking about Nanatsu, reminds me that I need to finish the last 15 chapters or so :XD

Also agreed about Skypiea, the adventure side always was the best part, and it really felt like an entirely new world had just showed up. Thriller Bark was pretty funny at times, but I think I mostly liked the last confrontation and the stuff happening at the end, with Zoro (I'm sure you know what I mean).

Sometimes I ask myself the same question haha, the serious-gloomy type of character isn't usually my favorite or doesn't get my attention, but I thought that Kanon's story lines were refreshing and I love his character development, also with the author constanly giving the Shannon/George plot a lot of spotlight, I found the Kanon/Jessica one far better and heartbreaking tbh. (I like Shannon btw, a lot, but her relationship with Geroge was meh to me).
I'm with you that the Kanon/Jessica side was much more interesting than Goerge/Shannon. Think that's because Kanon and Jessica both got some good character development and had a bunch of great scenes. Goerge was just too boring overall, and the whole thing got overshadowed by

Shannon/Yasu x Battler

But yeah, think Umineko mostly did a great job with the romance/drama. A lot of it was pretty dark or sad, but Umineko never forgot to give it a hopeful note.

Yeah I meant the original one xD

I like the other art styles a lot though, even more than the animation of the anime itself. :XD But I'm really surprised how bad the Umineko anime turned to be, when it had probably even more potential than Higurashi did (tbh the Higu anime had lots of mistakes but it's overall a decent adaptation to me, it's worth to watch).

And I will ask you anytime, thank you :blush (especially when it comes to Fate).


Yeah, the original art is really bad lol. The author got a lot better since then, but I still prefer it if someone else does the art for him.
And I think the Umineko anime failed bc it's a really complex mystery, with a lot of meta events happening on multiple levels. Doing all of that justice is more difficult than say Higurashi, which is much more straightforward IIRC. Also mb it's exactly because of some of hits heavier topics that Umineko never got finished as an anime (that one ended pretty much in the middle of the story).

Aren't they the best answer to everything?


Hmm, well, Kairi (KH), Zelda (from Breath of the Wild) and Amy Rose (Sonic) have their own little hate fanbases, though there are other videogames characters that I love who have far more popularity. :XD
I was going to mention Vocaloid too tbh, some people forget it was originally a game, do you like by the way? :0
Nothing wrong with yuri pairings, but I wouldn't say they're the best answer to everything :3

Zelda is hated in Breath of the Wild? Almost makes me wanna check out the game, I have yet to play it bc it feels so huuuge :XD
Never played Vocaloid tbh, I don't really know anything about it besides some characters...

Hoh, I haven't been here in ages
Good to see you back, my friend! How are you doing lately?

Not sure what you are talking about. :whistle
Yeah, I think only now do you know what I meant :heh

I was thinking even beyond that. Like Salter and Jalter being the MCs of the series. The rebellious - but popular - girls who are at each other's throat almost every damn day. They are from different classes at the same school and have their own gang. Salter's gang consists of the Knights of the Round Table. :lmao No idea about Jalter though. However, over the course of the series Mordred - who is the cousin of Salter - will join Jalter's gang, haha.

Jeanne will be Jalter's big sister who studies in a university. She is a role model, very religious and top student. Both of them live in the same household, and Jeanne pretty much runs the whole household alone of her own volition. Of course Jeanne tries her best to bring Jalter closer to the light but it always ends up in vain. But she never loses hope and that is what annoys the freaking hell out of Jalter, becaue Jeanne tries again and again. Imagine Jeanne waking Jalter up every Sunday to visit the church, only for drooling Jalter to throw a pillow at her at supersonic speed. But Jeanne never lets anger get the better of her. She is that kind of person who would - no matter what you do to her - put her hands on your shoulder with the cutest smile ever and say "I know that one day... even my imouto will come to accept god". Literally the worst kind of people to deal with and which drives Jalter furious, hahaha.

I picture Jalter as someone who is pretty average at school, because she can't give two shits about studying. So she resorts to cheat in exams. Mind you, she is top tier in that regard, but she never exploits her cheating abilities to the fullest since it is "too tiring" for her.

Salter's household is bigger. Artoria is her big sister who is best friends with Jeanne. Artoria and Jeanne visit the same university. Then there are her little sisters MHX and MHX Alter. Artoria's personality is different from Jeanne. She scolds Salter whenever she behaves inappropriate... which happens a lot. xD Artoria is a very diligent and graceful character with perfect cooking abilities. She wants Salter to be the same. However, since Salter acts like a bitch, Artoria punishes her one way or the other. She doesn't wash Salter's clothes, doesn't cook for her, doesn't peel fruits for her, but Artoria does all these things for the two youngest ones.

MHX is a free spirit and couldn't care less about her surroundings. MHX Alter is an introvert, nerd, and feels bothered by all the fights between her big sisters.

Contrary to Jalter, Salter is a top student. She is a genius and gets top grades without doing anything remotely close to studying. She is well aware of her genius, hence acts a little bit arrogant. Salter has no motorcycle license and also no motorcycle of her own. She uses her "charm" to borrow the motorcycles of older boys, and this is well known. :lmao

Mash is the tragic side character here. She is Jalter's classmate, but also a member of the club where Salter is the president. Jalter and Salter take advantage of Mash whenever they can. When there is a team project, Jalter would choose her as a member and let her do all the tasks while Jalter hangs out with her friends. Mash knows that she is being used, but her pure innocent soul can't generate hate. She treasures the little attention she gets when asked/forced to join the project team, the clap on her shoulder once she finishes the project and the headpat when they get a top grade.
In the club, Mash is also the one doing all the club activities. But Salter is a little bit smarter than Jalter. Mash is allowed to join the club members whenever they go out for a drink or dinner. But Salter added the rule that the bill will be shared evenly. The glutton that Salter is, you can imagine how much money Mash has to pay compared to what she eats/drinks. But it doesn't matter for Mash. She is happy to be part of the club... kinda. :toc

Jalter's and Salter's fights are always different. During volleyball, Salter would rather spike the ball right at Jalter's head and break her nose instead of going for the easy points. But at night, Jalter would sabotage the motorcycle which Salter borrowed, leading to an accident where Salter breaks her arm or leg.

Both of them end up falling for the same transfer student. Let's call him Emiya Shirou. Just think about it... the terror both girls experience once they get to know Shirou better, and figure out that Shirou's dreamgirl is a mix of Jeanne and Artoria. :lmao But they both still have the hots for him and thus try to gain his favor by acting like their respective big sisters. Obviously they mess up big time. Visualize Jalter and Shirou have a talk at a bench and Jalter goes like "I know a lot about Christianity, I have read the holy Quran. There is this beautiful psalm which says..." or Salter cooking something for Emiya, and both end up being sick the whole week due to food intoxication. :lmao

...

I should patent this stuff...


Ohhh right... that's the both of us. Such a beautiful work. <3
dude that seriously was tl;dr even for me :lmao I could feel your passion through the screen though, and yes, I ended up reading the majority of it anyway... :XD let's hope an anime like that will happen at some point, you never know with Fate haha.

Not anymore, but it was great while it lasted <3
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It was like an epiphany. :teehee

Though both of our current sets kinda make it weird now. :XD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Good to see you back, my friend! How are you doing lately?
Ah well, rather busy but somehow on MH more (probably because of MG)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,521
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's the Shirou for the whole Visual Novel Jammin, he didn't get seperated among routes bc in the end it's more or less the same char just with different character development. Hope you're a bit more understanding when you read what I wrote in response to Valhalla :p

which makes me wonder, would you have put him on your list if you could've nominated Heavens Feel Shirou? @syx


Seriously, I get where your coming from... kind of. The thing about Shirou is that he's a pretty complicated character and an interesting character. There is no question about that. Whether or not he's a good character is very much still a question in my mind. Being the first protagonist and all gives him some gravitas. But when you put him up against iconic characters like Rin, Saber, or even Moedred. He lacks that simple relatable character arc. Instead he's got this whole convoluted thing that comes from the basic concept of survivors guilt.

Waifu-ness aside that's why I like Moedred so much. Her arc is a simple emotional one. She was taught from a young age that to be King is her goal. But in the end discovers that wasn't really what she wanted at all. What she wanted was to be worthy of being a king and to gain Artoira's approval. But she comes to realize that the grail can't offer her either of those things.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Gonna leave three Beato fanarts here and two higu fanarts because lel.




@credit of the fanart goes to Aluce




@credit of the fanart goes to neko0805








@credits of the fanarts goes to wtc173srtm_16
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,074
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Ofc I have, and I think the match is amazing so far :zomg You know I've always been more of a Hinata fan and seeing him makes all these awesome moves was just plain awesome :XD Kageyama got some nice backstory though, really liked that one. Are you enjoying the match too? Sounds like it at least xD
Yeah I'm loving it! Also Hinata finally getting the hype he deservers after that heartbreaking last match before time skip. I never thought the author would care or remember to make Kageyama vs Hinata happen, but it and it's so epic, really still can't believe it hahaha.





I've actually been reading it for some time, yup :nod Thought it was great for the most part, but I did stop around 3 or 4 months ago, didn't like the newest chapters too much (think that was when Fushi started growing his powers on that ship/basically became one with it?) and wanted to read a bunch of them at one, so yeah... :XD Need to pick it up again sometime soon, syx mentioned the manga got pretty good again.

Also very much looking forward to the Fumetsu anime, the PV looked pretty great :zomg
I need to catch up with the manga, but really I hope she makes more series, she's too good really :blush so I'm happy and proud that she's gettig so much attention from anime staffers. She kinda sometimes remindes me of mangas like Oyasumi Punpun, you checked that one?

About Ueno, yeah, she's very complex and a good character in terms of writing but she will remain forever as dislikeable to me. :XD
lol that's good to hear, the anime is the last thing Umineko-related one should touch xD
About the plot twist, it really is a whole lot to swallow. Almost couldn't believe it back then either, and it only clicked for real once I read the manga chapters about the characters backstory, you prolly know which ones I mean. Huge respect to the author for actually daring to go there, I didn't expect that at all, but still really like it. I can also see why it might be a bit too much or convoluted for others, though.

As I said, Lambda being your number one just proves your taste again : D Really like her too, she loves to troll around, yet actually is very good-natured at heart. The kind of character you could have a lot of fun hanging around with (as long as you're not trapped in a mystery-solving crime, ofc :3). Easily my fav together with Beato too. Not the biggest fan of Ange or Eva, maybe bc that whole part felt a bit too dragged out in the Visual Novel, but they're not bad characters at all.

Agreed with George, but did you forget Gouda? Now that was easily the most forgettable and ignored character in my eyes :XD Erika is rather so-so in general, but she had her moments. Also like her catchphrase tbh haha.
I can imagine it had more impact in you, and the ones who played it before in general, good thing I have you and Magi to help me undestand :XD also some sites discussions of it. I admire the dedication that the plot and events of both Higu and Umi get, it shows how the author really did sit down and thought things carefully, when rereading both series everything makes so much sense haha.

Same to you! Glad that you like her so much :blush I fell for her completely at the end of episode 8 (the manga), because of all things you say, she's a cruel witch who does things as she pleases, but she isn't dirty, she followes her principles and actually respects people in an equal way, and she's a great loser lmao, she accepts and gets happy when Battler wins, I love that part.

GOUDA yes xD, I remember he had his moment to shine in a battle but he remained as a background character again after all. But still George's whole love subplot was everywhere, and Erika had development but always came back to be the third wheel between Lambda and Bern lmao.
I really hope you switched to Fate/Zero, like I suggested xD About time you tell me if you're enjoying it :p
Saber is a good character, but I don't think she's among my absolute favs. There's so many Fate characters by now, that it's hard to say who you like the most :lmao
I do think Saber could easily become your fav though, just a feeling : D
I will show you the Fate fanarts that made me fall in love as soon as I can. :blush

And yeah stopped watching the first one when I read your post xD was that anime adaptation at Umieko level?
Saber isn't usually the type of character I like the most (serious, cold, etc) but she's pretty well made so she may really end up as a favorite. ^^
Yeah, I absolutely agree. How to say this... it doesn't invoke the same feeling of "wonder" I had back then, where the world felt really rich and diverse. Maybe that's nostalgia speaking though, I dunno.
Speaking about Nanatsu, reminds me that I need to finish the last 15 chapters or so :XD

Also agreed about Skypiea, the adventure side always was the best part, and it really felt like an entirely new world had just showed up. Thriller Bark was pretty funny at times, but I think I mostly liked the last confrontation and the stuff happening at the end, with Zoro (I'm sure you know what I mean).
I think I talk from the nostalgia too, or maybe I just loved more the whole adventure thing more, it was more simple and great to me, now One Piece became more and more into constant wars or your typical "alliances, betrayal, politic problems" etc, which I really like and I know the series always had these things, but dunno, I miss the simple times of the Straw Hats being all together and just exploring some island together.

Don't even bother with Nanatsu... :emobirb
I'm with you that the Kanon/Jessica side was much more interesting than Goerge/Shannon. Think that's because Kanon and Jessica both got some good character development and had a bunch of great scenes. Goerge was just too boring overall, and the whole thing got overshadowed by
Shannon/Yasu x Battler
But yeah, think Umineko mostly did a great job with the romance/drama. A lot of it was pretty dark or sad, but Umineko never forgot to give it a hopeful note.
I also find Kanon and Jessica to be more interesting to read as characters, both for their different personalities and their own conflicts outside of their romance (Kanon had his own existencial crisis lol and his relationship with Shannon, and Jessica had her issues with her family), but maybe it's my biased side talking hahah. But while all of that, George and Shannon main conflicts was about them and their relationship, until that plot twist.
And yes lol, that Yasu reveal made the whole Beato/Battler just stronger, also that Shannon/Battler was a thing when they were kids, I even dare to say they're cuter than George x Shannon :XD
Agreed with that Umi note! It's even more hopeful than Higu at some point, especially because of the ending.
Yeah, the original art is really bad lol. The author got a lot better since then, but I still prefer it if someone else does the art for him.
And I think the Umineko anime failed bc it's a really complex mystery, with a lot of meta events happening on multiple levels. Doing all of that justice is more difficult than say Higurashi, which is much more straightforward IIRC. Also mb it's exactly because of some of hits heavier topics that Umineko never got finished as an anime (that one ended pretty much in the middle of the story).
I feel that Umineko does deserve an anime (I used to think each episode having a movie would be a good idea but they would rush things as well) but it doesn't have to be one of only 12 or 24 episodes. Detective Conan is a mystery series too and it has more than 800 episodes xD don't see why Umineko can't have the same thing.
Nothing wrong with yuri pairings, but I wouldn't say they're the best answer to everything :3
True, only 90% times they are the best answer :3.
Zelda is hated in Breath of the Wild? Almost makes me wanna check out the game, I have yet to play it bc it feels so huuuge :XD
Never played Vocaloid tbh, I don't really know anything about it besides some characters...
In some parts yes, but thank god she's mostly loved when the fandom wants :XD can't wait for the sequel... I will not be able to play but there are always videos about it (:emocat).
Haha I used to listen to Vocaloid songs when I was more of a teenager, I still like some of them.
Nah I want Tifa to be happy. :blushbirb
And yuri is the way to keep her happy. :nah
 
  • Hug
Reactions: Nii

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,667
Reaction score
31,941
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
ah Nii so HRE is not your #1 servant anymore? :pout I have no reason to post HRE fanarts here anymore

who's your #1 servant now then? :?bunny
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,667
Reaction score
31,941
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
He hopefully believes in our lord and savior, Amakusa Shirou.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,667
Reaction score
31,941
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
oh found this in my pixiv bookmarks :D

 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@revo will answer your post tomorrow, sorry :sweatdrop It pains me that you apparently didn't continue with Fate(Zero, bc you said absolutely 0 about it :emocat

Ah well, rather busy but somehow on MH more (probably because of MG)
I know what that's like lol. Have things calmed down in regards to you know what? :heh



Seriously, I get where your coming from... kind of. The thing about Shirou is that he's a pretty complicated character and an interesting character. There is no question about that. Whether or not he's a good character is very much still a question in my mind. Being the first protagonist and all gives him some gravitas. But when you put him up against iconic characters like Rin, Saber, or even Moedred. He lacks that simple relatable character arc. Instead he's got this whole convoluted thing that comes from the basic concept of survivors guilt.

Waifu-ness aside that's why I like Moedred so much. Her arc is a simple emotional one. She was taught from a young age that to be King is her goal. But in the end discovers that wasn't really what she wanted at all. What she wanted was to be worthy of being a king and to gain Artoira's approval. But she comes to realize that the grail can't offer her either of those things.
Mordred does make for a good character, but to me she just didn't get the focus necessary to really get to understand and love her as a char. Yes I understand her motivation, but I dunno, I would like to get a bit more insight, to better understand what drives her. I know that technically, but not emotionally. Not sure if you get what I mean, but basically, she's not been explored enough. On the surface she's just a child who threw a temper tantrum and destroyed her mother's (uh... father's? another aspect that's just a little bit very weird to me in this whole thing) kingdom in the process.

Shirou on the other hand got explored a REAL LOT during the VN. We learn what drives him, and understand why he does what he does. His development over the three routes got me emotionally-invested, so that stuff like

him betraying his ideals for Sakura hit really hard.

I know the comparison isn't fair bc Shirou got much more "screentime", but that's just how I feel.

Gonna leave three Beato fanarts here and two higu fanarts because lel.




@credit of the fanart goes to Aluce




@credit of the fanart goes to neko0805








@credits of the fanarts goes to wtc173srtm_16
"lel" she says.... You ignored my mention twice for the TM list, then you go and participate in the next Top 10 list. You're unreliable, darling :nah

With that out of the way, some very nice Beato pics! And lol at the Higu ones, wtf is going on there? :XD The anime's getting close, but I almost expect them to delay it bc of Corona =/


ah Nii so HRE is not your #1 servant anymore? :pout I have no reason to post HRE fanarts here anymore

who's your #1 servant now then? :?bunny
I'm not sure he's ever been tbh xD Don't think I could actually give you a number 1, there are way too many good Servants I really like. I could try and make a tier list though, now that I think about it... So I'll get back to you about that question :nod
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,667
Reaction score
31,941
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
I'm not sure he's ever been tbh xD Don't think I could actually give you a number 1, there are way too many good Servants I really like. I could try and make a tier list though, now that I think about it... So I'll get back to you about that question :nod
daijobu :nod the more the merrier. and more fanarts too :zomg
looking forward to your list :spaz
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,521
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Mordred does make for a good character, but to me she just didn't get the focus necessary to really get to understand and love her as a char. Yes I understand her motivation, but I dunno, I would like to get a bit more insight, to better understand what drives her. I know that technically, but not emotionally. Not sure if you get what I mean, but basically, she's not been explored enough. On the surface she's just a child who threw a temper tantrum and destroyed her mother's (uh... father's? another aspect that's just a little bit very weird to me in this whole thing) kingdom in the process.

Shirou on the other hand got explored a REAL LOT during the VN. We learn what drives him, and understand why he does what he does. His development over the three routes got me emotionally-invested, so that stuff like

him betraying his ideals for Sakura hit really hard.

I know the comparison isn't fair bc Shirou got much more "screentime", but that's just how I feel.
I get what your saying but that what I mean by simple versus convoluted Shirou is a very fate character in that way. There is a lot there. And you have to understand almost all of it to fully understand Shirou.

With Moedred all the stuff wasn't explored because it doesn't really need to be. From the start of Apocrypha the thing that's so unique about her especially in Fate is that she's so self aware. Her character arc in Apocrypha isn't about some huge moment where she grows as a person it's about accepting something she's known all along. Which parallels with Sisigou's own arc. And when he dies there is that great moment where she just choses to fade away because she's known from the start the answer she was seeking.

Shirou doesn't have that. His character arc is a winding road of endless introspection and philosophy. Which, is a very Fate thing to do. I just have a really hard time getting the same emotion out of it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
daijobu :nod the more the merrier. and more fanarts too :zomg
looking forward to your list :spaz
The more the merrier, yes :nod I was in the mood for a list, so here you go:



Now, let me go full nerd to explain how I made this ranking. Design, Character, Usefulness (for FGO, though this only played a small part in my ranking) and Backstory/Portrayal all mixed together :edu Some more random thoughts:

  • Yes, it seems I really like edgy characters :lmao (must be why me and @syx get along so well)
  • It really shows I'm a Sakura and Artoria fan (Out of 19 chars in the top rankings, 10 are Sakura/Artoriafaces :XD)
  • 32 Servants in C and D+ I don't really know yet, so their ranking may change and is mostly based on design (yes, I tried to count them...)
  • Servants in D are the only ones that actually annoy me, most of the time
  • Top three rows have 26 female chars, and 12 males. How's that for diversity? (In my defense, there are way more female Servants in existence at this point :lambirb)
  • This list STILL only is about 85% of known Servants I'd say, but the best I could find.
  • I don't even want to imagine what this list would look like if it included ALL Fate characters (let's not even get started with all Type Moon chars)

Did I mention that I like statistics?
 
Top