Saw this today 
...

...



Still not sure why you're assuming all this (besides just a feeling).I think my intuition was right. No HxH this year. It will be a very, very long time before he returns. I had a sinking feeling from the instant I read the last panel with the snake mafia dude. It just... was that feeling. "Oh no..." I've seen this before in other works. That sense that we'd reached a crossroads in the author's... not career, but personal place in the story, where the desire to continue just bursts like a bubble, emptying all motivation to continue. Happened to me before.
What is so interesting to me is that this seems to occur at very hype moments. Climactic events or at least anticipated ones. I wonder why...
...Just to point it out again: he's never gone two consecutive calendar years without a new chapter.
Sure, but that's more to go on than just a feeling....
There's a first to everything
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
He did say he had the storyboards done for 391-400, so I guess it's after that that's causing trouble. But yeah, since we don't know his breakdown between writing and art (how much time he spends on each), hard to know if working with an artist would even noticeably speed things up.Art is one thing but honestly he wrote himself into hard a spot; think about the sheer complexity of the upcoming situation... To write out everything at the level we expect I think is the far greater problem here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
These authors have to write a super complex story, initially following similar deadlines as the cunts that wrote fairy tail and the promised neverland.
Drawing takes time, but it's managable in a week as we've seen with say Bleach. It is factually possible for any big time author to produce a chapter in a week; what appears to go out of the window at some point is the writing. It's barely ever the quality or type of art, in all longstanding manga what goes whacko first is the writing.
Just speculation on my part though
Valid opinion, and he said that he's fine with many seeing that as the ending. And you mean we'll never see the new arc animated? If it actually finishes, it'll definitely get animated.HxH for me is over after Gon going back to his aunt. We will never see the new Arc anyway unfortunately. ;(
Last time I was so depressed about a Manga not finishing was Clamp X. I've bought all 18 Mangas and will never get the end...
I'd take a top notch arc that we might not see it's ending over something like the ninja war on Naruto. Kishi fucked it up real hard on that one.Art is one thing but honestly he wrote himself into hard a spot; think about the sheer complexity of the upcoming situation... To write out everything at the level we expect I think is the far greater problem here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
These authors have to write a super complex story, initially following similar deadlines as the cunts that wrote fairy tail and the promised neverland.
Drawing takes time, but it's managable in a week as we've seen with say Bleach. It is factually possible for any big time author to produce a chapter in a week; what appears to go out of the window at some point is the writing. It's barely ever the quality or type of art, in all longstanding manga what goes whacko first is the writing.
Just speculation on my part though
--- Double Post Merged, ---
This makes me want to cry.Saw this today
...![]()

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yes but no considering this year is all about the outbreakTogashi needs to stop playing Dragon Quest and release some chapters man.