Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 280 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mwhitt

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It was stated that Katakuri was the strongest of the Sweet Commanders.

When the Gorosei were discussing the threat of Blackbeard, they mentioned Marco as one of the only people who could stop him in the New World, so he seems to be special among the Whitebeard division commanders.
Yes Marco and the remnants of the Whitebeard pirates. He turned out special because he came out as the leader which is why he is specified by name and attach with the remnants of the Whitebeard pirates. Was that due to solely strength or were there other factors taken into account like intelligence, seniority, how liked he is by everyone, skill set etc when he was made leader?

I purposely pit Katakuri as 1 and Cracker as 3 leaving Smoothie to be number 2 right? What evidence besides bounty do we have that says 100% that Smoothie is stronger than Cracker? We are assuming she is I'm fine with that ranking but that is speculation. Its my opinion if I'm proven wrong by a statement in the manga later on I can't discredit the manga based on speculation I came up with in my own head.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Yes Marco and the remnants of the Whitebeard pirates. He turned out special because he came out as the leader which is why he is specified by name and attach with the remnants of the Whitebeard pirates. Was that due to solely strength or were there other factors taken into account like intelligence, seniority, how liked he is by everyone, skill set etc when he was made leader?
I think that's over-analyzing it. In One Piece the leaders are always the strongest, with a few exception like Buggy (but his crew believes it).

I purposely pit Katakuri as 1 and Cracker as 3 leaving Smoothie to be number 2 right? What evidence besides bounty do we have that says 100% that Smoothie is stronger than Cracker? We are assuming she is I'm fine with that ranking but that is speculation. Its my opinion if I'm proven wrong by a statement in the manga later on I can't discredit the manga based on speculation I came up with in my own head.
I presume Big Mom always sent her weakest commander to deal with intruders. When Snack was defeated, Cracker filled the role.

Other than that, there's nothing to compare Smoothie to Cracker or Snack.

Mwhitt

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think that's over-analyzing it. In One Piece the leaders are always the strongest, with a few exception like Buggy (but his crew believes it).

I presume Big Mom always sent her weakest commander to deal with intruders. When Snack was defeated, Cracker filled the role.

Other than that, there's nothing to compare Smoothie to Cracker or Snack.

Personally I always expected Hawkins, Appo and the others to be on par with Luffy and Law. While they hadn't done anything before Wano, it was clear the author was building some hype.

I have no idea why people assumed they would be weak. Was it because of Stampede?
Is it really over analyzing though? You yourself just gave a direct contrast to our established "rule" in Buggy's crew. Also wasn't Gin stronger than his captain Don Krieg back in East Blue? Perospero believed just his seniority was enough for him to be captain of Big Mom crew over Katakuri. That was mostly a comic relief scene but is it far fetched to believe seniority counts for something when a crew has determine a replacement captain? Can we say for a fact crews would always pick the strongest as their captains should they need a replacement or do they pick someone that has the most balanced traits of intelligence, strength, relationships among crew etc. I'm kind of going off on a rant now away from my main point.

Cracker didn't fill anyones spot there were originally 4 Sweet Commanders. Snack was just demoted.

I mean I never expected Hawkins to beat Law, just like I wouldn't expect Apoo to beat Luffy but they strong or going by Oda's depiction they should be. One being strong enough to harm the other should be a given. And take into account the context of the situation that Luffy attacked an army head on and Apoo jumped out that army to attack. I don't get how the results of that is hard to accept unless Apoo was written off as fodder prior due to head cannon because the depiction of him and all the supernova have been they are strong. The supernova imo have been one of the best things of the New World for me personally.

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
You said that remark about Apoo in the past. Don't backtrack what you said now you got no defense to support Zoro on this matter after what chapter shows.

Sanji is unofficial Supernova as he respected by some he know and faced better than Zoro looking at both sides. I am aware of that, but don't get tense over position said about Zoro after latest chapter.
What remark about apoo? Please give proof
There is no such thing as unofficial supernova. He is not a supernova coz his bounty is below 100 million pre timeskip.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also wasn't Gin stronger than his captain Don Krieg back in East Blue?
What? Don krieg destroyed gin. He could not survive that explosive spear from krieg

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Is it really over analyzing though? You yourself just gave a direct contrast to our established "rule" in Buggy's crew. Also wasn't Gin stronger than his captain Don Krieg back in East Blue? Perospero believed just his seniority was enough for him to be captain of Big Mom crew over Katakuri. That was mostly a comic relief scene but is it far fetched to believe seniority counts for something when a crew has determine a replacement captain? Can we say for a fact crews would always pick the strongest as their captains should they need a replacement or do they pick someone that has the most balanced traits of intelligence, strength, relationships among crew etc. I'm kind of going off on a rant now away from my main point.
Why would you think Gin was stronger than Don Krieg?

Perosperos claimed he should be captain, but he was questioned because Katakuri was the strongest.

It seems in One Piece a crew put a lot faith in their captain fighting power. That's an untold rule. Otherwise, his position is challenged.

Even among the Strawhats, in Fish-man Island arc Zoro said Luffy should step down as captain if he wasn't capable of dealing with that crowd.

Cracker didn't fill anyones spot there were originally 4 Sweet Commanders. Snack was just demoted.
I meant that Cracker filled the role as the one responsible for taking care of intruders and such.

I mean I never expected Hawkins to beat Law, just like I wouldn't expect Apoo to beat Luffy but they strong or going by Oda's depiction they should be. One being strong enough to harm the other should be a given. And take into account the context of the situation that Luffy attacked an army head on and Apoo jumped out that army to attack. I don't get how the results of that is hard to accept unless Apoo was written off as fodder prior due to head cannon because the depiction of him and all the supernova have been they are strong. The supernova imo have been one of the best things of the New World for me personally.
I wasn't very surprised. I only knew these guys should be super strong, although it wasn't 100% clear how much.

Still, Law wasn't outpowered by Hawkins' power, but his wits. Luffy was knocked down easily, but he wasn't using Gear 4.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
What remark about apoo? Please give proof
There is no such thing as unofficial supernova. He is not a supernova coz his bounty is below 100 million pre timeskip.

What? Don krieg destroyed gin. He could not survive that explosive spear from krieg
Didn't Gin allow Krieg to hit him because he respected him as the captain? He even took off his mask at Krieg's command.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Didn't Gin allow Krieg to hit him because he respected him as the captain? He even took off his mask at Krieg's command.
Gin was an obedient dog like Wadatsumi, but even so I think Krieg was the strongest.

But that's a special case. Usually crews aren't like that.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gin was an obedient dog like Wadatsumi, but even so I think Krieg was the strongest.

But that's a special case. Usually crews aren't like that.
Right, I agree, just making the point that Krieg didn't crush him in a real fight, so it's pointless to use it as evidence of anything.

Mwhitt

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's a question mark, meaning I'm asking a question. Its been a very long time since I read that arc and I don't claim to be all knowing hence the question cause all I remember is Krieg not admitting defeat and Gin having to ko him and leave.

What I like even more is that I posted paragraph on paragraph and this is what you choose to respond to. Talk about wasted effort lol

Why would you think Gin was stronger than Don Krieg?

Perosperos claimed he should be captain, but he was questioned because Katakuri was the strongest.

It seems in One Piece a crew put a lot faith in their captain fighting power. That's an untold rule. Otherwise, his position is challenged.

Even among the Strawhats, in Fish-man Island arc Zoro said Luffy should step down as captain if he wasn't capable of dealing with that crowd.

I meant that Cracker filled the role as the one responsible for taking care of intruders and such.

I wasn't very surprised. I only knew these guys should be super strong, although it wasn't 100% clear how much.

Still, Law wasn't outpowered by Hawkins' power, but his wits. Luffy was knocked down easily, but he wasn't using Gear 4.
I really don't remember the arc which is why I asked.

Got ya on the Cracker part.

I never said the captain shouldn't be the strongest and this has deviated greatly away from my original point when I was talking about yonko commander hierarchy and head cannon power scaling not having enough merit to be used as fact to critique the writing of the manga with @Grandmaster Woro

You aren't really saying anything I necessarily disagree with on that front.

I don't clearly understand what you meant on the Law-Hawkins part.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Don Krieg didn't really seem particularly strong, just devious enough to use armor and weapons and fight dirty. Gin looked like a better fighter.

Mwhitt

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don Krieg didn't really seem particularly strong, just devious enough to use armor and weapons and fight dirty. Gin looked like a better fighter.
See now I'm curious cause I don't 100% remember. Let me reread this damn fight lol

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Doesn't matter how Krieg fight, he gave Luffy a lot of trouble. :doge

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Apoo it literally the ONLY named character that could have attacked them in such a way. Anyone else Luffy would have countered in the right conditions. Even Zoro would have sensed where the attack was coming from and blocked

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
See now I'm curious cause I don't 100% remember. Let me reread this damn fight lol
Main thing I remember is Gin breaking armor or something with his clubs or whatever they're called, whereas Krieg kept using stuff like small balls with sharp needles (forgot what they're called), missiles, gas, and etc.
Doesn't matter how Krieg fight, he gave Luffy a lot of trouble. :doge
Pfft, barely.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Apoo it literally the ONLY named character that could have attacked them in such a way. Anyone else Luffy would have countered in the right conditions. Even Zoro would have sensed where the attack was coming from and blocked
Luffy yeah, Zoro I doubtful as chapter shows COO isn't great at sensing out. He be lucky to predict if he doesn't fall first from big damage than slash cut. Apoo is one of those you can't let barrage you with his attacks or it be hard to keep momentum on your side.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Apoo it literally the ONLY named character that could have attacked them in such a way.
Robin, Blueno, Moriah, Kuma, Law, Blackbeard, Fujitora, Oven and Shiryu

Plus Aokiji can freeze the entire place instantly

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
There's a question mark, meaning I'm asking a question. Its been a very long time since I read that arc and I don't claim to be all knowing hence the question cause all I remember is Krieg not admitting defeat and Gin having to ko him and leave.

What I like even more is that I posted paragraph on paragraph and this is what you choose to respond to. Talk about wasted effort lol

I really don't remember the arc which is why I asked.

Got ya on the Cracker part.

I never said the captain shouldn't be the strongest and this has deviated greatly away from my original point when I was talking about yonko commander hierarchy and head cannon power scaling not having enough merit to be used as fact to critique the writing of the manga with @Grandmaster Woro

You aren't really saying anything I necessarily disagree with on that front.

I don't clearly understand what you meant on the Law-Hawkins part.
And i just answered ur question.
I only answered that part because that was the only part i was interested to talk about.
How is it headcanon when Apoo isn't a YC and had bounties not even reaching 500 millions? Please try to use proper logic next time so you don't embarass yourself like this, okay?

Actually no. Sanji tank Drake's attack better than Zoro with Apoo and Sanji didn't need RS. Heck He tank ship destroying attacks by Kanjiro and protected Nami without injury. Zoro been hype tool to now 5 fights while Sanji beaten his enemies and match greatly to Drake.

Right now Sanji is 2nd/3rd Strongest and Zoro is like 4th/5th. Do agree Jimbei is above them, but after Wano Sanji truly surpass him while Zoro will at EOS though.

Stop overhyping Zoro when we saw for 3rd Supernova you guys thought wouldn't damage seriously, did like that. Zoro is not invincible. He get hurt like anyone else abd thus no reason to keep pushing him better than everyone by Headcannon. He needs training and help for upcoming fights. No shame in that.
How did sanji match drake when he never could land a clean hit against drake? Drake won that round

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Luffy yeah, Zoro I doubtful as chapter shows COO isn't great at sensing out. He be lucky to predict if he doesn't fall first from big damage than slash cut. Apoo is one of those you can't let barrage you with his attacks or it be hard to keep momentum on your side.
And? In this chapter even luffy with advanced CoO could not sense the attack. This chapter didn't really mean anything much in terms of CoO proficiency, whether u like it or not

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
How is it headcanon when Apoo isn't a YC and had bounties not eveb reaching 500 millions? Please try to use proper logic next time so you don't embarass yourself like this, okay?
The rank in a crew or a bounty doesn't necessarily equals power.