A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's a pain having to answer so many posts sometimes... :XD I'll try my best to answer yours seperately later today @revo because your posts are in a league of their own :blush by then I'm sure more new posts are waiting for me anyway

FF chapter 5Also, there is sometimes a countdown running, and I'm not sure if I should hurry up or look for possible chests around the map. I don't want to miss an important loot.

Barret's cute victory hum reminds me of Pokemon. xD

Kremator fight was fun. I guess FF is not a game to fight your enemies head-on. :lmao I still stick to Cloud though. I use the abilities of the others continuously, but hardly control them myself.




<3
lol I know that feeling with the countdown, and checking every corner for a new treasure or items. You don't want to miss it, even if it's just a potion :lmao

What Sky said about Barret. The victoy fanfare from the original:


Also, I was pretty much the same with mostly using Cloud. His gameplay is just real fun, and there's not too much need to use other chars besides using their special moves or magic/items. But I think you'll get even more comfortable with it eventually, and the fights are getting more challenging too, so you might just switch more often in the future. That how it was for me at least, especially after I got used to some of the other fighting styles xD Still used Cloud the most by far, though.

Also, this is how the scene was supposed to end:


You see that item? No? Yeah... that angle was not optimal. I did another screenshot.


Really fun game so far. This is what I needed. :nod [/fieldset]
:heh Did you get the Materia in the end?

Also very glad to hear you're still enjoying the game a lot :blush

I like to play with Cloud, hence there is no reason for me to switch characters as long as I'm able to proceed forward. It's not like I would be stubborn enough to refuse to switch if the game calls for it. :rolleyes: I haven't heard anything about the hard mode being especially... hard. But I'm gonna check on it later. :teach
Nothing better than beating the shit out of mobs while you rain down thousands of slashes with your huge, cool-looking sword. I know why I like swordwielders in general :amuse

Though I'll have you know Tifa gets some sick moves later on, too.

FF chapter 7 - close to the end of chapter 8?Some quick notes:
I totally missed that you can unlock other weapon's abilities, so I decided to switch the weapons to get them all to 100%.

As one could expect, Mako is doing no good for Cloud. Seems like - on paper - his days are numbered? Moreover, he blames himself for something he did (or couldn't prevent, I'm looking at you Seph) in the past. There are also some visions about Materia and someone kinda praying, but I guess there is no way for me to figure out what those vision mean.

The fight against the boss - forgot the name - in chapter 7 was really good. Though, I may have weakened it quite a lot even before the fight, since I took away a lot of stuff from it with the cards. It still had a couple of points left on his weaponry, so even though I tried to look into each and every corner, I missed some of those cards to completely disarm it.

I got introduced to Aerith finally. Really cute and heartwarming girl, but I would place Tifa and Jessie above her for now. Jessie's naughtiness is unparalleled, and Tifa has this balanced mix of everything you desire and peaks in a lot of categories. <3 While Jessie is the 'let's fuck here and now' type of girl, Aerith is clearly the 'let's marry right here, right now' type of woman. Introducing Cloud to her mother after not being together for a single whole day speaks volumes.:lmao Have some awkwardness:

At first glance, I like Aerith as playable character a lot. She has high magic stats which will surely come in handy. :nod

Got introduced to the muscles of Shinra, the Turks (lol). Agent 47 is closing in. xD Scarlet got introduced as well, who appears to be your run of the mill villain. I will make that bitch suffer.

Look at this golden boy

lol dude, the weapon abilities are rather important and make the combat more fun, good thing you finally noticed :lmao

And yes, you can't really figure out that stuff yet. The main mysteries won't really get explained in this game, besides a few things.

About the Airbuster (that's the name :p) fight, some people actually make it a challenge to not deactivate anything and battle him at full strength, but I'm not among that group either haha. Fight still was plenty cool :nod

Also looking forward to see if your opinion about Aerith will change during the course of the game, but in general Tifa is just best girl, without a shred of a doubt.

Golden boy looks fabulous :3


I'm here, I've come to bother you in your own thread~


So I've finished fate/zero :nod Struggled to finish it honestly, especially around the start of the second season - but when they showed more of the backstories of the characters (Emiya's in particular), it definitely helped getting me hooked

Want to watch more of it, I do see the appeal of the series now so I thought I should ask Nii which one is next on the list!
Marmy! :zomg

It's honestly been too long for me to remember what exactly happened near the start of the second season, but from my vague memory I think I felt a bit similar xD How did you like the Banquet of the Kings? That's been one of the highlights for many, me included. @syx will be glad to hear you enjoyed Kiritsugu's backstory. It's really tragic :( A few more questions:

  • How do you like the OST? Any fav track(s)?
  • Gilgamesh - hate or like?
  • Broskander, yes or no?
  • Fav chars in general?
  • Your thoughts on the last fight?

As for what's next.... Ideally read the Visual Novel hahahahaha. I doubt you have enough interest for that, but if you wanna give it a look at least, do tell me and I'll give you the directions on slack :nod If not, you should watch "Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works" next, it's a sorta sequel to Fate/Zero.

Hopefully I can avoid confusing you, but keep in mind that there are basically three possible continuations for Fate/Zero:

- Fate/Stay Night: Fate (partly adapted in the very first Fate anime, but it's a horrible adaptation for the most part, so no watching that)

- Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works/UBW (got an anime adaptation by the same studio who did Fate/Zero. It's not perfect, but pretty good for the most part)

- Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel/HF (turned into 3 movies, and the last one is releasing in Japan this year (got delayed a bit bc Corona). This is what you should watch next after UBW)

Those three are all together in the Visual Novel, that's why I always recommend just reading that, bc it makes everything less complicated XD And it's honestly the best experience

Nii! sorry for super late reply. my internet extremeeeely sucks I have to wait for 314 years to load a page with many amazing pics :nomoar

fanarts soon! hopefully I am patient enough to wait
Take your time Kiki, I can wait :nod Hope your internet will get faster though, for your sake :XD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Only a 7 so far, huh? :p But good to see you making progress, curious to hear your thoughts once you're done :blush Think you might be among the group who likes other Fate works more, but sorta too early to tell xD

Yes! And I love the bittersweet thing that in the end we will never see Hinata and Kageyama in school winning something like this together, I love how the mangaka reminds us that in the very end they're rivals, I'm really tearing up at every chapter, and I rarely care for sports animes <3
Yes, pretty much that! I've barely read or watched any sports manga/anime, but I've always loved Haikyuu. The game's are intense, and almost all characters are likeable and/or interesting. Think she made the right choice to end the manga like this, it's basically like one huge epilogue. That they didn't win anything together in the end makes it feel real tbh, and gives it that bittersweet touch yes. It also shows that no matter what happens though, you can still move on and grow even stronger :pleased

I guess that maybe because Koe is more into our reality ? Tbh even if Fumetsu is more my type of series, Koe no Katachi is more meant to hit on the heart I think :Haha especially because of Nishimiya, I swear she's one of the cutest girls in anime to me. I'm more of a fan of series adapatations than movies, even if they can still end up great, when a manga gets a movie only it can rush and even change the story.
Like even if I love the Akira movie (one of my most favorite animes in general) I still can't wait for the remake, that it's going to be a series, hope they're faithful to the manga this time! :nod

I can't call myself an Asano fan but some works of him besides Punpun are actually pretty great and better than Punpun like Bakemono Recchan or Subarashii Isekai. And I know Omoide Emanon! I love it a lot, really gave me a surprise while reading it, had to read it many times again, I consider it very good, even the art style is :nod Never heard about Kokou no Hito but gonna give it try!
So what is your type of series? Adventure story? Got the impression you like drama and down to earth stuff quite a bit too, haha.
Tbh I feel like Fumetsu is trying to hit on the heart quite a lot as well, but maybe in another way.

Also with you on the series, I usually prefer that way more than movies. They can still be good though, as you said :nod And I've never watched or read Akira, only know that it's a famous manga from the past xD

Good to hear you like Omoide Emanon! You don't really have to check out Kokou no Hito, it's been so many years that I really forgot a lot and I dunno if you will like it tbh. I'm the sorta guy who likes to recommend stuff I feel pretty sure someone will enjoy, bc I don't want him/her wasting time basically or being disappointed :XD besides Fate

Really? I consider it a unique way to make mysteries :o.
It's not your common one, it's tbat behind all the different time-lines of the games there's a "greater" mystery that has more to do with the characters and their bonds than with a simple murder. Really, the more I talk about it the more I think Umineko is very underrated :sweatdrop glad that Higurashi gets a little more of popularity though!

That Bern/Lambda scene is great!
This is actually my second battle in the series, Beatrice vs Erika at the "wedding" is the one who gets the first place, but that Bern vs Lambda one was so great, even if a short one, I thought it really summarized how both characters and their relationship is. :XD
I loved Lambda for a long time but agreed! I feel that she got the moment to shine in almost all ep8 chapters, but especially when having the courage of going against Bern and Aurora, that made her the most unique of them to me, she does have her principles and doesn't only follow the boredom.
Yeah, I agree with you, that's why I said there's nothing like Umineko out there. I still think that sometimes it was a bit too lengthy, or tried to bite off more than it could chew, but that's criticism on a high level. It's always cool to see a work aiming high and trying something different, even if not everything works out perfectly (nothing does anyway). Also with you that it's charm lies in the small things, as grand as the plot is the character beats often are the strongest parts.
And many love Umineko, it's just such a long work (and old) that not too many new fans are joining nowadays.

Yes the church scene was great! :zomg It felt so good when Battler and Beato beat Erika together, and then the end of the episode hits with that red truth :3

Agreed about Lambda. Basically, when I realized she was more than just a witch scheming and grinning in the background is when I fell in love with her character :nod She just got that great mix of being a troll and ruthless, but also kind and playful haha.

Which reminds me, did Magi show you some of the VN OPs? This one prolly is my favourite:

Stunning fanarts by the way! :wtf saved them all :blush





Sometimes I really wonder how and where do you and Magi get so high quality fanarts, you two are amazing. :lmao
Umi really makes for some great memes :lmao I know a few of them already, but they're still funny XD

And Magi and me are just good at searching I guess, it's nothing special. Thanks for the praise though :blush
It's right now :blushbirb (Thought you probably already have most of these? :sweatbunny )







Oda x Okita :love

I swear the Fate order to watch can be such a mess :sweat and I know the movies are important to watch too haha, I will let you know when I finish Fate/Zero so I can catch up better! ^^
Yes I know all of them lol, but I appreciate them nevertheless :blushbirb Nobu x Okita is one of the yuri pairings I can get behind too :nod

And I swear the Fate order isn't as difficult as it looks like at first xD Think I told you, but most of the stuff is just spin-offs you can watch anytime. As long as you've seen the basics (which is like 2 anime and 3 movies, or 1 anime and the VN :p), you can watch/read/play anything else whenever you want. I don't expect you to catch up or anything, there's just so much out there and even I haven't read a number of things (like some Light Novels, bc I can't quite get into them generally-speaking), what matter is that you have fun. Don't feel pressured or anything to watch something if you don't like it :hug

Glad we agree with it :nod most readers I know outside of MH prefer the current state of the series because it's more "mature" than before but again, I think OP was always on serious topics but the adventure thing just made it better.

I have to be honest with you, I was actually pretty sad with Nanatsu, like, the more I think about the ending and what it became, I feel more sad than pissed off. I really don't know what happened with Nakaba, it feels that even the style of writing and plot changed completely compared to the first 150 chapters or so, which is weird for a mangaka to happen I think? I was such a fangirl in the past Nii, I praised the series to the heavens :XD but now I look at it and it's so bad, Merlin and Escanor are such wasted characters in general, Arthur too in his own way.

Usually anime adaptations make it a little bit better but in this case... oh boy :Haha
Oh, is that so? I got the impression many readers don't like what happened after the timeskip too much either. But I guess it's criticism on a high level, I'm still having fun with OP. I feel like buildups take a bit too long, but the climax of each arc usually hits.

Yeah, if you're a big fan it sucks seeing a series becoming worse and worse =/ It just hurts all the more if you really love something. We should never forget that the later events don't ruin or destroy the earlier parts, and the feelings they gave us readers. It's small comfort tbh, but at least I think people shouldn't condemn or hate a whole work just bc they don't like what it turned into later.
Dunno what happened with Nakaba, but I feel shonen adventure's getting worse and worse with time seems to be a rather common thing... And ofc, the longer your series goes on, the harder it is to maintain it's quality.
That being said, I know that feeling of sadness, but eventually we'll find new series to cheer us up :hug

Can't deny that Nakaba basically wasted the two best characters (Escanor and Merlin) at the end there though, sigh.

Good thing I dropped the Nanatsu anime after the first part (Hendy battle) lol

Mmhm! I feel that even if I didn't watch the anime (and I don't plan to) and I know it's very bad, I kinda can't blame that Umineko must be very difficult to adapt well, especially since both in the game and the manga you have to read very carefully all these long explications and the amount of plot twists and characters :XD you have to be very delicate with an anime series like that.

I'm kinda surprised Higurashi is getting a remake, of ocurse I'm very happy and excited but still kinda wonder where did the idea come from, hopefully they make it better and woth it! Also I would love anything Umi anime related xD as long as the animation is at least good.


Yup, it's definitely not easy to pull off. Maybe that Umi remake will happen eventually, you + magi + me want it to happen, so perhaps we can make that kakera a reality : D

I'm not that sure either, but it did get a re-release (the VN) on Switch not too long, so maybe that's part of the reason. At least this means there will be new merch, new OST, and new fanarts, so that already is a good thing :hee

My non-yuri canon ships are the 10%


I... have the Sims and some Sonic ones, old stuff but it's still fun :emobirb
Sure! Vocaloid can make some disturbing songs tbh, too much gore or horror or just bizarre humor :Haha but here some that I really like:
Interesting :3 What are your top 5 non-yuri pairings?

lol... Eventually you'll be able to play all the awesome games out there revo, I'm sure :arf

And hmm, I like the first song, the second not so much tbh. They really have this special vibe you either like or don't. The last one's pretty nice, thanks for sharing :blush

Also I got curious with these tier list maker! Sometimes I make some (mostly of waifus or husbandos haha), so will try to make one of Fate when I know at least most of the characters.
Yeah, tier lists can be really interesting, and they're everywhere nowadays :XD Could take a while until you know most of the characters haha, but I' very much looking forward to that list! :zomg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Finally answered all posts, thank god :arf
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,902
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
It's a pain having to answer so many posts sometimes... :XD
That's what you get for being so popular~


Marmy! :zomg

It's honestly been too long for me to remember what exactly happened near the start of the second season, but from my vague memory I think I felt a bit similar xD How did you like the Banquet of the Kings? That's been one of the highlights for many, me included. @syx will be glad to hear you enjoyed Kiritsugu's backstory. It's really tragic :( A few more questions:

  • How do you like the OST? Any fav track(s)?
  • Gilgamesh - hate or like?
  • Broskander, yes or no?
  • Fav chars in general?
  • Your thoughts on the last fight?
Mhm, so that's exactly the thing - I don't think I'll be able to recall exactly what happened by the start of season 2 either, even though I watched that part like a week ago.
And yes, the Banquet of Kings was such a great addition to the series imo. It's interesting seeing these technically historical figures interact with each other and discuss their ideas. Also gives a bit more insight in them, rather than their masters (And Rider is just a very enjoyable character to watch haha). Definitely something I enjoyed. The historical part in general is something that I find interesting, kept googling the names of those I didn't know about. To check their ancient inspiration, not spoilers of course.

Also, don't get me wrong - I still Kiritsugu's is a bit of a dick. But it's understandable why and his background story made him so much more likeable.

So for the questions...
  • How do you like the OST? Any fav track(s)?
I think in general the OST's were pretty enjoyable - I'm always a sucker for these things. But this one has to be the one I like the most. Love the emotion in it.
  • Gilgamesh - hate or like?
Okay, to be fair he did not make a huuuuge impression on me. Thought it was interesting that he ended up somewhat betraying his master - I wasn't sure if that was possible and does make me wonder to what extend a servant has to follow their master. Anyway, he did. But I forgive him for that, purely because it suits his character and made the story more interesting to watch. I think it's hard to really hate him, but it's definitely not like haha. What did you think of him?

Broskander, yes or no?
A yeeessss!! I really liked this character to be honestly. Very wholesome. A big, muscly guy that is kind. And I thought the way he thinks was pretty interesting. Reminded me a lot of Gladio from FFXV (which is not a bad thing, that guy is such a bro).
He seemed to accept things fairly quickly (such as that he was chasing the idea of Oceanus, but it didn't really exist) - appreciated that. Others might have felt more regret and would have a harder time moving on.

(Waver didn't deserve him, lets be real here)

  • Fav chars in general?
I've always had a hard time picking favourites, I blame it on me being a Libra. So let's not haha, I don't think I'll ever be able to decide. Besides Rider, I also liked the insane Caster servant - I really want to know more about him to be fair.
What are your favourites (within fate/zero but also all time I'm curious?)

  • Your thoughts on the last fight?
Okay so we had the fight between Saber and Beserker, found the connection between them quite interesting. I didn't see the real identity of Berserker coming, but to be honest it felt like I should have. Definitely one of the more interesting fights of the series. Thought it was more engaging than Kirei vs Kiritsugu (Kirei didn't deserve to survive, he's so unlikeable imo). And also more satisfying as this one had an actual ending.

So the whole grail thing happened, and I was somewhat confused. Good for Kiritsugu for not being selfish I guess.

But the best thing, we saw a small Shirou :zomg I thought that was a really cute touch to it (and honestly proud of myself that I recognized him right away haha).



As for what's next.... Ideally read the Visual Novel hahahahaha. I doubt you have enough interest for that, but if you wanna give it a look at least, do tell me and I'll give you the directions on slack :nod If not, you should watch "Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works" next, it's a sorta sequel to Fate/Zero.
Actually, I don't think I'd mind trying the visual novel (as I've got difficulties focussing with watching things, but not so much with reading). Would make it easier to follow haha. I also like to deep dive sometimes in series. Did see that Unlimited Bladeworks is also on Netflix so that does make it easy. Anyway, thanks!!
 
  • Hug
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
:heh Did you get the Materia in the end?
Yes I got that Materia. I'm working on that other one right now. :toc

Chapter 9 - currently roaming around WallmarktThis might disappoint you guys a little bit, but I'm seriously considering to drop this game... : /

Here, look at this... I'm one of the world's greatest individual whose destiny is to save the entire planet. I didn't sign for dis: :hmph



Got some other visions:
  • lil Tifa with a couple of other friends
  • Sephiroth appearing when Cloud touched the guy with the #2 tattoo. Reuinon mentioned once again.

Sephiroth is still considered a hero and he is believed to have died 5 years ago.

Cloud can be such a jerk sometimes. :lmao When that old dude asked him to pray for his dead wife... he asks for money. He even charged the poor kids ffs.


He definitely watched The Dark Knight far too often, and took Joker a little bit too serious, haha.


Rude was hilarious with his spare glasses. :XD Aerith said that he is not entirely bad. Curious if there is more to Aerith's statement.

The flashback between Claudia and Cloud was cuteness overload. Feel so bad that we have lost such a charming, beautiful and teasing mother. =(

The stealth mission to leave Aerith's house was one of the biggest challenges for me. Those dev-trolls put a freaking bucket right in front of Cloud, but you can't see it because of the camera and Cloud's body. :fail

Cloud's expression when Aerith's wants a double-high-five is priceless, lmao.

Aerith's first love resembles Cloud. I was shocked when Cloud asked her if he knows him, and the name was kept hidden from the players. Instantly thought it is Sephiroth, but that doesn't make much sense retrospective, since Aerith's mentioned Sephiroth before and it didn't seem like they have a connection. Curious who that guy is, and what his relationship with Cloud is.

Nice little detail again: When I described Tifa as being somewhat beautiful to Chocobo Sam, Aerith immediately takes a look at her own attire. :lmao

WTF FLORIA!!! XD

Wallmarkt looks super cool. But the map also drove me nuts. I found chests which were blocked by NPCs...


I hate this type of things in every game to be honest, because you never know whether you actually have access at this point (but don't know how, and might miss/lose it when you proceed further in the story) or you will get access later. It's complete bullshit, but of course nothing exclusive to FF.

At least these guys gave me the hint that I should check another time for the blocked chests.


I'm now trying to get recommendations for Aerith to enter Corneo's establishment. His henchmen triggered me though. Aerith might not wear a sexy dress, but those guys must be blind/stupid or something to overlook Aerith's legit beauty. :fail

What can I say more? I did those VR-Missions. The first one was Shiva. It was a good challenge. The - what I call - insta-death-special at low HP caught me offguard. :lmao I didn't even know you can do those VR-Missions with your squad. It was against the fat thing that I realized that it's not a solo-mission. It was good to have Aerith around for the fat dude. Made things easier.

Screens:

I don't know why I made this shot, but Aerith's looks gorgeous.


This looks cute.


Yipppieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :lmao




Cool stuff.


One word: Goddess! <3


 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Chapter 9 - currently roaming around Wallmarkt
Here, look at this... I'm one of the world's greatest individual whose destiny is to save the entire planet. I didn't sign for dis: :hmph

Sephiroth is still considered a hero and he is believed to have died 5 years ago.

Cloud can be such a jerk sometimes. :lmao When that old dude asked him to pray for his dead wife... he asks for money. He even charged the poor kids ffs.

Rude was hilarious with his spare glasses. :XD Aerith said that he is not entirely bad. Curious if there is more to Aerith's statement.

The stealth mission to leave Aerith's house was one of the biggest challenges for me. Those dev-trolls put a freaking bucket right in front of Cloud, but you can't see it because of the camera and Cloud's body. :fail

Cloud's expression when Aerith's wants a double-high-five is priceless, lmao.

Aerith's first love resembles Cloud. I was shocked when Cloud asked her if he knows him, and the name was kept hidden from the players. Instantly thought it is Sephiroth, but that doesn't make much sense retrospective, since Aerith's mentioned Sephiroth before and it didn't seem like they have a connection. Curious who that guy is, and what his relationship with Cloud is.

Wallmarkt looks super cool. But the map also drove me nuts. I found chests which were blocked by NPCs...

I hate this type of things in every game to be honest, because you never know whether you actually have access at this point (but don't know how, and might miss/lose it when you proceed further in the story) or you will get access later. It's complete bullshit, but of course nothing exclusive to FF.

I'm now trying to get recommendations for Aerith to enter Corneo's establishment. His henchmen triggered me though. Aerith might not wear a sexy dress, but those guys must be blind/stupid or something to overlook Aerith's legit beauty. :fail

What can I say more? I did those VR-Missions. The first one was Shiva. It was a good challenge. The - what I call - insta-death-special at low HP caught me offguard. :lmao I didn't even know you can do those VR-Missions with your squad. It was against the fat thing that I realized that it's not a solo-mission. It was good to have Aerith around for the fat dude. Made things easier.
Oh? You didn't like to pick Aeriths flower? :teehee

Well look at his sword and hair. If that isn't heroic and fabulous.

A jerk, maybe. I think he was amazingly nice to him. Forcing the old guy to not give up on himself.

Rude is as much of a treat as Reno is. :nod

Yes that was amazingly mean. I never stood a chance. If you fail often enough, the script "deletes" the obstacles.

You are correct, the guy in question is certainly not Sephiroth.

Aerith was a massive troll during that segment and I loved it. Sassy Aerith is such an improvement to the old one. Do you remember the scene in chapter 8, when she told Cloud that "this is a train station"?

The Wallmart map is a nightmare, yes. Though my OCD gets triggered by that "???" music track I see there. :twitch
You get to return there much later, no worries.

Aeriths problem is that she is "cute" but not hot like Tifa is. Also rather "small" chested.

Esper battles are amazingly difficult with just one party member. :XD
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Chapter 9 finishedThis was a very entertaining, and hiliarious chapter. My reactions can be summed up with a couple of emoticons: :XD :hmph :rolleyes: :pls :gaw

First things first. @Sky, I am starting to play with Tifa. She is awesome and incredibly fast. :zomg

Aside from that, nothing too serious happened in this chapter, yet I loved most of Wall Market.

I expected Anyan to be one of the most beautiful females in this game, because she was booked for the next 3 years, lmao.

Madam M is quite the scary woman... Just look what she did to our dear Cloud.



Also her comment to Aerith like "don't think you get off with everything just because your tits point towards the plate" made me burst in laughter. :lmao

The Coliseum is a great and mandatory addition for a game like FF. This victory pose of Cloud was awesome.



Finally, a non-awkward high-five. :nod





But I started chapter 10 before even exploiting the Coliseum. Hope to get another chance on it.

That squat challenge. :lmao



I'm not really proud of my score, but it's something.

Aerith <3





Everything was good and all... I did fine... the story was moving on... until... until...


UNTIL THE GAME FORCED ME TO CROSS-DRESS!!!:cussing I wanted to run away, but it was impossible...



How man times I have to tell everyone that I'm the savior of the world... and not... a closet pervert...



...not a dancer...





...and not A FREAKING CROSS-DRESSER!?!?!?!



The only time I really messed up with the "button-game". :fail

Not gonna comment on this shit. :fail

Verdict:



Sidenotes:
  • Reeve doesn't approve of Shinra's plan for S7. Potential ally?
  • Is Shinra's plan with S7 connected to Cloud's vision somewhere at the beginning of the game?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Chapter 9 finishedThis was a very entertaining, and hiliarious chapter. My reactions can be summed up with a couple of emoticons: :XD :hmph :rolleyes: :pls :gaw

First things first. @Sky, I am starting to play with Tifa. She is awesome and incredibly fast. :zomg

Madam M is quite the scary woman... Just look what she did to our dear Cloud.

Also her comment to Aerith like "don't think you get off with everything just because your tits point towards the plate" made me burst in laughter. :lmao

The Coliseum is a great and mandatory addition for a game like FF. This victory pose of Cloud was awesome.

But I started chapter 10 before even exploiting the Coliseum. Hope to get another chance on it.

Everything was good and all... I did fine... the story was moving on... until... until...
UNTIL THE GAME FORCED ME TO CROSS-DRESS!!!:cussing I wanted to run away, but it was impossible...

How man times I have to tell everyone that I'm the savior of the world... and not... a closet pervert...

...not a dancer...

...and not A FREAKING CROSS-DRESSER!?!?!?!

The only time I really messed up with the "button-game". :fail

Not gonna comment on this shit. :fail

Verdict:



Sidenotes:
  • Reeve doesn't approve of Shinra's plan for S7. Potential ally?
  • Is Shinra's plan with S7 connected to Cloud's vision somewhere at the beginning of the game?
Yes Tifa is a staggering monster. :nod

So you paid 3000 Gil I suppose? :teehee

Yeah that comment was amazingly mean. :XD Madame M is nothing next to Aerith.

Did you like the Hell House fight? Imho one of the best battle choreos in the whole game.

You do get one but missing out on Clouds new Limit move is too bad.

Doh you didn't like the dance? Too bad. Imho the utter highlight of the game. Well I guess you not being familiar with the original doesn't help.

Fun fact: Clouds line was funnier in english: "I know. Nailed it. Moving on!"

Reeve is just one of the few Shinra executives who has a soul.

You'll find out soon enough. :nod
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
FF7R - Chapter 12 completedI will just go into a corner and cry. Okay?

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So you paid 3000 Gil I suppose? :teehee
No man, I only paid 100 Gil if my memory serves me right. I need my money and all the healing potions for later...



Did you like the Hell House fight? Imho one of the best battle choreos in the whole game.
Oh yeah, I liked the fight through and through. The Hell House was very versatile which made the fight more challenging than the others. Needed some time to get accustomed to it. :nod

Doh you didn't like the dance? Too bad. Imho the utter highlight of the game. Well I guess you not being familiar with the original doesn't help.
I was just being sarcastic there since I hate to dance personally (because I can't, lel). :lmao

Fun fact: Clouds line was funnier in english: "I know. Nailed it. Moving on!"
Yes, that's a way better line. I couldn't select the english dub though. : /

FF7R - Chapter 10-&gt;12Decisions...



Welp. Chapter 10 was probably the most underwhelming chapter. Not necessarily bad, but compared to the other chapters, it falls short with a noticeable gap. Aerith also hides something from everyone else, which has a lot of potential to make her lose a lot of points in my eyes.

Chapter 11 was way better. I loved the eerie atmosphere and visuals. It was a nice change, especially after chapter 10.



It's amazing to see Cloud to keep his cool here. <3



Little Aerith <3



I also found a chest with 1 gil, yay! :oh

Of course I was shocked to see Marlene's ghost. I assumed the worst for her, and was prepared for some devastating scenes. But she is all right as of chapter 12. Which makes me wonder what the ghost scene was all about, unless something will happen to Marlene later in the game? And Eligor was the cause why people never made it out of that place and became ghosts?
The fight against Eligor was fun, but actually requires some tweak. The container blocked my spells a lot of times, even when there was a proper gap. Also, the ice-spells need a complete redo. I avoid using them as much as possible, because it's too bothersome to make proper use of them on moving enemies. All in all, chapter 11 was really good. (Tifa's final attack in the video sequence <3)

Chapter 12 took me by surprise. I wasn't really prepared for some deaths, since this game is only a part of the original one. First, my best wingman Biggs calls it a day with a touching headpat. =(



I could stomach this one, because while Biggs seems to be a very cool character, I had not much of a close attachment to him due to the fact that you don't play him, and he had not so many scenes. Still a bummer though. RIP, bro. :nomoar

The next one... now this one hit me hard, especially after this amazing entrance:





Jessie wasn't a playable character either, but all those heartwarming, cute and naughty interactions with her made me feel way closer to her as opposed to Biggs. This was unexpected, heartbreaking and too early. Jessie, I love you. :crying





Another point I like about the game are those scene changes. Liked the switch to Aerith trying to find Marlene. But damn... Aerith must be the tankiest character in this game so far. Have you guys counted how many times she stood up after being hit by an explosion at almost point-blank range? Unreal...

Aerith appreciation <3









Seems like there is much more to Aerith than I assumed. Her connection to Shinra? was kinde hinted earlier on, but this chapter further highlighted the magnitude of this connection through Tseng's speech (old folk, Aerith = descendant). Well, it's not a puzzle I can put together myself at this point I assume. But it should be a big deal considering the dementor stuff (who are still a mystery to me in regards to whether they are trying to help or not... or whom they try to help...), as well as the secret which Marlene apparently found out about Aerith at 7th Heaven.

I'm also not sure what Rude's true goal/affiliation is. First he prevents Reno from attacking Tifa, but 5 minutes later he pushes the fucking button to destroy the whole sector. The fight with Reno and Rude was okay though. Hoped to take them on with Cloud only, but this did too:





The ending scenes were brilliant!







What the fuck is dis?



And what happened to Wedge?

Minor complaints:
  • they could have added a little more detail to the facial expressions
  • too many cutscenes inbetween in some chapters, especially in chapter 10 and 12, it's like walk 10 seconds, cutscene, walk 10 seconds again, next cutscene...
 
Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
FF7R - Chapter 12 completedI will just go into a corner and cry. Okay?


No man, I only paid 100 Gil if my memory serves me right. I need my money and all the healing potions for later...

Oh yeah, I liked the fight through and through. The Hell House was very versatile which made the fight more challenging than the others. Needed some time to get accustomed to it. :nod

I was just being sarcastic there since I hate to dance personally (because I can't, lel). :lmao

Yes, that's a way better line. I couldn't select the english dub though. : /

FF7R - Chapter 10-&gt;12Decisions...


Welp. Chapter 10 was probably the most underwhelming chapter. Not necessarily bad, but compared to the other chapters, it falls short with a noticeable gap. Aerith also hides something from everyone else, which has a lot of potential to make her lose a lot of points in my eyes.

Chapter 11 was way better. I loved the eerie atmosphere and visuals. It was a nice change, especially after chapter 10.

Of course I was shocked to see Marlene's ghost. I assumed the worst for her, and was prepared for some devastating scenes. But she is all right as of chapter 12. Which makes me wonder what the ghost scene was all about, unless something will happen to Marlene later in the game? And Eligor was the cause why people never made it out of that place and became ghosts?
The fight against Eligor was fun, but actually requires some tweak. The container blocked my spells a lot of times, even when there was a proper gap. Also, the ice-spells need a complete redo. I avoid using them as much as possible, because it's too bothersome to make proper use of them on moving enemies. All in all, chapter 11 was really good. (Tifa's final attack in the video sequence <3)

Chapter 12 took me by surprise. I wasn't really prepared for some deaths, since this game is only a part of the original one. First, my best wingman Biggs calls it a day with a touching headpat. =(

Another point I like about the game are those scene changes. Liked the switch to Aerith trying to find Marlene. But damn... Aerith must be the tankiest character in this game so far. Have you guys counted how many times she stood up after being hit by an explosion at almost point-blank range? Unreal...

Seems like there is much more to Aerith than I assumed. Her connection to Shinra? was kinde hinted earlier on, but this chapter further highlighted the magnitude of this connection through Tseng's speech (old folk, Aerith = descendant). Well, it's not a puzzle I can put together myself at this point I assume. But it should be a big deal considering the dementor stuff (who are still a mystery to me in regards to whether they are trying to help or not... or whom they try to help...), as well as the secret which Marlene apparently found out about Aerith at 7th Heaven.

I'm also not sure what Rude's true goal/affiliation is. First he prevents Reno from attacking Tifa, but 5 minutes later he pushes the fucking button to destroy the whole sector. The fight with Reno and Rude was okay though. Hoped to take them on with Cloud only, but this did too:

What the fuck is dis?

And what happened to Wedge?

Minor complaints:
  • they could have added a little more detail to the facial expressions
  • too many cutscenes inbetween in some chapters, especially in chapter 10 and 12, it's like walk 10 seconds, cutscene, walk 10 seconds again, next cutscene...
We won't blame you. :emocat

Too bad. The scene was hilarious. :XD

Same, really. But the music and the commentary really turned this into a spectacle. Even more so if you know, that this thing was a normal mob in the 1997 game. :D


Cloud is way more sassy in the english version but once more they aren't following the japanese script. The german lines are closer to the source material.

Chapter 10 was kinda meh yes. Especially because the boss fight was right at the start.

Chapter 11 - All of this was Eligors (the boss) doing. He tried his best to capture Cloud and his girls.

Chapter 12 - Yeah this time the deaths actually hurt. In 1997 you barely knew the guys.

Final Fantasy characters are all rather tanky. :XD

No Aerith is not connected to Shinra. But more about that later on. :nod
The dementors will stay a mystery to you till the endgame. :blush

There is no hidden agenda. Rude is like Sanji in a way. He doesn't want to hurt women.
The fight itself is really easy, even on hard, but damn it looks cool.

Cat - You can call it fanservice.

Wedge - You'll see.

A little more, maybe. The thing is that this game has very few actual movie sequences, which look even better than the game models.
But I guess for said models it was a bit too much to add even more. Especially because Cloud is basically a walking "meh" face.

Guess they had to stretch those parts. Chapter 10 and 11 were like 15 minutes in vanilla FF7.
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That's what you get for being so popular~

And yes, the Banquet of Kings was such a great addition to the series imo. It's interesting seeing these technically historical figures interact with each other and discuss their ideas. Also gives a bit more insight in them, rather than their masters (And Rider is just a very enjoyable character to watch haha). Definitely something I enjoyed. The historical part in general is something that I find interesting, kept googling the names of those I didn't know about. To check their ancient inspiration, not spoilers of course.
Oh please Marmy, you're more popular than me :toc

Haha yes, that's exactly what I did back then too. Think the first one I actually looked up was Bluebeard :XD I've always been interested in history, so that might be another reason why I like the franchise so much. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Banquet :3

Also, don't get me wrong - I still think Kiritsugu's is a bit of a dick. But it's understandable why and his background story made him so much more likeable.
Do you read this @syx she's saying Kiritsugu is shit.

Jokes aside, I think that about covers it. Kiritsugu decided to abandon everything dear to him if it means salvation for humanity, but in the end it remained a dream. He certainly comes off like a dick, but it's still pretty sad that after all he sacrificed this is what he got as a result :(

I think in general the OST's were pretty enjoyable - I'm always a sucker for these things. But this one has to be the one I like the most. Love the emotion in it.
Good pick :nod When it comes to fav tracks, I'm usually a bit more on the action-y side haha, but calm/emotional tracks are great too.

Okay, to be fair he did not make a huuuuge impression on me. Thought it was interesting that he ended up somewhat betraying his master - I wasn't sure if that was possible and does make me wonder to what extend a servant has to follow their master. Anyway, he did. But I forgive him for that, purely because it suits his character and made the story more interesting to watch. I think it's hard to really hate him, but it's definitely not like haha. What did you think of him?
Okay are you reading this @syx she's saying Gilgamesh is shit.

On a serious note, I pretty much disliked him. His power is cool and all, but it took a damn long time and a bunch of appearances in other works until I started actually liking him as a character :XD Nowadays I think he's actually a pretty cool character in certain ways, but you don't really see that in Fate/Zero (at least I didn't). So I can more than see where you're coming from haha

A yeeessss!! I really liked this character to be honestly. Very wholesome. A big, muscly guy that is kind. And I thought the way he thinks was pretty interesting. Reminded me a lot of Gladio from FFXV (which is not a bad thing, that guy is such a bro).
He seemed to accept things fairly quickly (such as that he was chasing the idea of Oceanus, but it didn't really exist) - appreciated that. Others might have felt more regret and would have a harder time moving on.

(Waver didn't deserve him, lets be real here)
That is why the fandom calls him Broskander :nod Interesting comparison with Gladio, but I like Iskandar more tbh. You're right that they're pretty similar in some aspects though, and Gladio is certainly not bad at all.

And poor Waver, I think he actually grew into a pretty likeable char by the end of the series, even though he was such a brat at first.

I've always had a hard time picking favourites, I blame it on me being a Libra. So let's not haha, I don't think I'll ever be able to decide. Besides Rider, I also liked the insane Caster servant - I really want to know more about him to be fair.
What are your favourites (within fate/zero but also all time I'm curious?)
I guess this just means there were no character you really loved to bits :p Nothing bad about that ofc, think Rider was the only character that really stood out for me back then too ;) As for the insane Caster, you won't really see him again I fear, until you dive really deep into this franchise (and even then, only minor roles) :XD

Just from Zero pretty much the same as you, Iskandar. Also liked Saber and Waver, as well as Iri and Kiritsugu. For the whole franchise, that would be a very hard pick, not sure where to even start :lmao A lot of the Fate/Stay Night cast is among my favs, like Shirou. Won't go into details (or more names) for now though, could be spoilerish.

Okay so we had the fight between Saber and Beserker, found the connection between them quite interesting. I didn't see the real identity of Berserker coming, but to be honest it felt like I should have. Definitely one of the more interesting fights of the series. Thought it was more engaging than Kirei vs Kiritsugu (Kirei didn't deserve to survive, he's so unlikeable imo). And also more satisfying as this one had an actual ending.
I think you could've guessed his identity, but it's not completely obvious. I didn't see it coming too, but it wasn't a huge "whoa wtf" reveal either.
And Kirei is unlikeable, but for me he becomes more interesting in Fate/Stay Night.

So the whole grail thing happened, and I was somewhat confused. Good for Kiritsugu for not being selfish I guess.

But the best thing, we saw a small Shirou :zomg I thought that was a really cute touch to it (and honestly proud of myself that I recognized him right away haha).
Okay let me try to explain this a little bit:

The Grail was incomplete (remember, Gilgamesh and Saber still remained), hence it manifested inside Iri's corpse but wasn't at full power. Not sure if they mention it in Zero or not, but the idea is that the Grail doesn't need all Servants to manifest, but his full power only comes once all 7 are killed.

Anyway, Fate/Stay Night will clarify a lot of this, but I'll tell you what it doesn't clarify. Basically, Kiritsu could've fulfilled his wish of "world peace" but that would've meant the Grail killing all humans on this planet besides him+Iri+Illya. Of course that wasn't an option, and he realized that something's wrong with the Grail. Hence he decided to abandon his plan and forcefully stopped the ritual, which ended up destroying part of the city.

Think the rest will be covered in Fate/Stay Night.
And haha yeah, small Shirou is basically the connection to Fate/Stay Night. You will learn a lot more about him during the story :blush (and I'm happy you recognized him, good job :3)

Actually, I don't think I'd mind trying the visual novel (as I've got difficulties focussing with watching things, but not so much with reading). Would make it easier to follow haha. I also like to deep dive sometimes in series. Did see that Unlimited Bladeworks is also on Netflix so that does make it easy. Anyway, thanks!!
Well I shared the stuff with you, hope it works without any problems and that you're going to have fun :zomg It's not exactly a short read, but I promise you it gets better the longer you read. The first part is just "goodish", but I hope you'll still enjoy the whole thing. For me it hit all the right notes, but it's ofc not a work without flaws.

That squat challenge. :lmao



I'm not really proud of my score, but it's something.
There's another one like that coming later, you can look forward to that :lmao

...not a dancer...





...and not A FREAKING CROSS-DRESSER!?!?!?!



The only time I really messed up with the "button-game". :fail

Not gonna comment on this shit. :fail
A shame you didn't really like this one, but I guess you're not that serious lol :(

FF7R - Chapter 12 completedI will just go into a corner and cry. Okay?
Yeah, let's cry together :emocat Considering they were barely minor characters in the original, they really did a good job with this.

I'm also not sure what Rude's true goal/affiliation is. First he prevents Reno from attacking Tifa, but 5 minutes later he pushes the fucking button to destroy the whole sector. The fight with Reno and Rude was okay though. Hoped to take them on with Cloud only, but this did too
Sky got this wrong (not sure if on purpose or not xD. Rude actually has a crush on Tifa, that's why he stopped Reno in the spur of the moment. In the original game he never attacks her during fights with him, and later reveals his crush to Reno. Rude sure got taste, I would say :3

What the fuck is dis?

You will see him again, but not in this game :3 It's basically what Sky said, a teaser for fans of the original.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Could have sworn he has a soft spot for all women. (Especially because he didn't attack Aerith that much either in chapter 8. At least that was the case for me.)
But yes the man has taste. :nod
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
There is no hidden agenda. Rude is like Sanji in a way. He doesn't want to hurt women.
Guess that explains everything. Nothing else would make sense otherwise.

Cloud is basically a walking "meh" face.
:lmao

Chapter 13 - 15I think I kinda missed an emotional impact on Tifa and Barret in regards to Jessie and Biggs. Not to mention that neither Cloud nor Tifa dared to mention anything to Barret about them for a good chunk of chapter 13. Sadness was there, but it felt more superficial than the other way around. I think Nier did it way better.

Anway, here have some sad screens =(





Got another vision with Seph. Jesus... I know next to nothing about him - other than what was releaved in this game - but his demeanor is the embodiment of a true villain. Every scene with him gives me gooesbumps with the background music and sound effects. Can't wait to meet that guy. I mean... I have to... and if the gods are good, I will face him in this game.

Elmrya told the story about Aerith, which was nothing groundbreaking but still bittersweet nonetheless. Barret also mentioned that the old folk can speak to something/someone, probably related to the human experimentations, dementors, souls or whatever I assume. Not sure how Shinra will make Aerith to help them voluntarily? That's certainly not possible at all, no matter how you twist and turn it, unless we were completely deceived by Aerith's character potrayal.

On another note: I didn't like the whole conversation about how to handle Aerith's abduction. That should have never been up for a debate at all. That is probably the only plot part I genuinely disliked, and where I couldn't understand any of the characters starting from Cloud up to Elmrya.

Glad to see Marlene doing fine. I think she is on the safe side.





Also a very nice Tifa x Cloud scene:





By the way, I fall in love with the emotional track in chapter 13. <3

Playing solo Barret and wrecking everything was a lot of fun. Didn't expect that. :lmao He is still not my favorite character to use, but seriously... with proper management of the materias and skills/upgrades, Barret becomes an invincible god who can heal the whole party with the prayer (Gebet) materia without any use of MP. That's overpowered. And I mentioned Tifa before, but jesus, she is such a monster with her Shunshin no Jutsu (Hochtouren). With her speed she fills up her ATB instantly. The non-Cloud-fight against the Venom (forgot its name) was cool. Cloud made me angry, when he almost stole the kill from Tifa and Barret. :rolleyes: Such a jerk...

Chapter 14 took me a looooong time to finish because of these side quests. :XD But they were all worth it. And I have to make a confession. I am extremely bad at the pull up minigame, haha. Took me half an hour to beat the hardest difficulty.

This was my expression after every single defeat:



But yeah... I got it in the end.



I am not proud of it though. My pride hurts a lot when I need so much time for such quests. The beginning was always the hardest part to deal with. I'm not designed for slow stuff. xD

Johnny got rejected hard by Tifa. :lmao

The fight against Tomberry was fucking annoying. Lost quite a few of pheonix items. :darn

Leslie is such a freaking loser. Just disappear from the FF universe, dude. How can you let yourself get overwhelmed by Corneo while you had the upper hand? :fail

Chapter 15, here I come:



The sequences, scenery, and the tracks (I need that track) made this chapter memorable for me. Just look at how many screenshots I took. Pictures tell more than a thousand words:



















Sidenote: I found this scene extremely hilarious:



Like... wtf Cloud... why has Barret to tell you what to do with it? I thought you were a first class Soldier? :lmao :fail

I'm now here... Guess I'm in the endgame?

 
Last edited:

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,663
Reaction score
31,938
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
fate banner, nii :cheerbunny
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

oooh pixiv now has dark theme :zomg
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Was a little bit occupied these past days, but now I'm back on track. Not sure how many chapters this game has, but I'm confident that I will finish it in the next few days.

Chapter 16We almost got away with this shitty plan here: :rolleyes:



The parkour quest with Tifa was awesome. <3 I made some spontaneous screenshots:





On a funny note... Tifa volunteered to do this quest by herself because she is the lightest of the bunch, but I heavily disagree with her statement. Tifa definitely weighs more than Cloud considering her boobs. :teach

But I understand why Cloud didn't say anything. He knew he was up for some hot show this way. Just look how he observes Tifa-chan. <3 :lmao



WTF was up with the stairs-quest? It took me so long to get to the 59th floor, but there was no reward for it whatsoever. Not to mention... Cloud began to struggle after 20 floors or something. He could barely move after the 30th floor. How is he supposed to be a first class SOLDIER? :XD Seriously... I could do better than him in real life.

#pathetic



The exhibition part was interesting though. Especially the one regarding the old folks, the visuals were amazing.









But I doubt it's the whole truth, because well... the information was provided by Shinra. Also not sure who the hooded person in the screenshot is. Don't think it's Sephiroth, since they never disguised him up to this point. Is that person maybe related to the "Reunion" term? There is also a Person X roaming around the Shinra HQ as well, but that seems to Sephrioth, further hinted by the fact that Hojo wants to use this opportunity to crossbreed Aerith with that person.

And I think I saw Aerith praying again, but can't make anything out of it.

Uhm... I think the whole stuff with Domino was too convenient, and came out of nowhere without any real build up. He is pretty much only helping me because his pride got hurt. He can go hang himself for all I care. That scene wasn't necessary at all.

Kudos to Aerith for keeping her cool in front of Hojo and giving him a permanent no expression look. <3

What I don't get: if torture was a viable option to make Aerith help Shinra to find the land of the old folks, why didn't they do it before? It's not like Shinra is a human rights organization... All this talk about that Aerith has to voluntarily help them was for nothing. Seems like I took the convo at Elmyra's place far too literal. I honestly thought some uber magical stuff prevents Shinra to get what they want from Aerith, because deep down Aerith doesn't want to, and thus there was no reason for Shinra to torture, capture, threaten Aerith so far, since it wouldn't be voluntarily anymore and for that reason wouldn't work. Hence, I expected a huge twist where Shinra makes Aerith help them of her own volition without realizing it. But that doesn't seem to be the case now. A lot wasted potential if you ask me. : / Also doesn't make much sense either...

Red XIII got introduced as well as something what Sephiroth refers to as his mother.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter 17 + beginning of 18Pheww... Chapter 17 was quite long, but it was a blast for me. :zomg

The Moiren got explained a little bit. So, they are neither good nor evil and have no real affiliation? They just ensure that the story/characters fulfill their destiny? Which means, destiny is basically their affiliation, right? But now I wonder... what does their existence truly mean? We have seen them actively intervene within the story, and preventing certain events from happening. Does it mean you can't avoid destiny, because the Moiren will always 'course-correct' the story towards destiny? Or does it mean you can in fact bypass 'destiny', since there would be no need for the Moiren to exist otherwise?

It was said that the planet is going to end, that it is its destiny. Sephiroth's goal is world domination. Cloud and co. are trying to save the planet. How does this all fit together with the Moiren? If the end of the planet is truly its destiny, then the Moiren shouldn't help Sephiroth or our protagonists at all, right? But that is exactly what they are doing... or let's they it appears that way. In other words, they are not really helping Sephiroth or the protagnoists!? Whatever Sephiroth and the protagonists are going to do, it will cause the world to end? It's confusing. :lmao

Anyway, let's talk about the chapter itself. The design of the quest is magnificent. The designers truly know their craft.







Add a pinch of Sephiroth and voilà, you excite the hell out of the player! And holy shit... Sephiroth appearing for real was badass, even if it was only for brief moments. This guy makes every second worth watching. :hip



Every bit of chapter 17 was great. The atmosphere, the shit ton of different enemies, the splitting and switching of the group, simply beautiful. This chapter had all I could ask for, seriously. But boy... a tag team with Barret and Aerith is ultra slow in a boss fight. :lmao

Look at these cuties <3





I have absolutely no idea at all what's up with Sephiroth, Jenova and the other bodies (No. #49 and #2) which appeared. Part of me is not even sure if what I am seeing is true. Especially the part where Sephiroth is at the top of the building, and his appearance changes into a hooded person with the no. #2 tattoo accompanied with Cloud's 'vision attack' is confusing as fuck.

The fight against Rufus was fun, but easy to read. He will probably play a bigger role in the future I think?

The ending scenes/sequences were superb! :wtf











Played the motorcycle battle of chapter 18. As awesome as the battle was, the game has very poor camera-work. Like... I can't even remember another game with such a terrible camera execution. Changing the settings helped, but it is still far from being good. This battle proved it again, and you can see it whenever you have flying enemies and so forth. =/


Miscellaneous:
  • What is the meaning of the black feathers?
  • Is/was this Jenova thingy really Sephiroth's mother?

 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
So nii I'm back to playing umineko, I promise this time I finish it, no I need to finish it
But man it's long I been playing yesterday all day yet I didn't finish ep 2 yet, granted I don't rush in reading and wait for the voice acting to finish, enjoying it slowly, still it's rather long considering I still have like 6 ep left not including the tea parties and extra stuff
Anyways I stopped yesterday where Maria and rosa appeared as it seem like it's an other part.


I dunno what to think about Shannon and George relationship, I guess its cute but I felt it was too much for me considering how long their interactions are compare to others
Are you rubbing salt on a loner game ??


I did find jessica and kanon interaction more interesting tho, probably cuz it have more drama = more popcorn

Ok seriously I find both jessica and kanon more likeable, I mean who couldn't want to see two tsundere dating

I also find kanon and Shannon two extreme sides of the same coin with how their interacting with Beatrice and their view point, like man can't you settle with a middle point.

Shannon is too trusting with beatrice, I bet her breaking that mirror will start all the witch problems that will happen in the future

While kanon is way too extreme with the furniture stuff, what is a furniture even
anyways kanon need to be more hopeful, he too pessimistic while shannon is too naive

btw it took me by surprise that Jessica can play the guitar, never expect it
 
Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
FF7R finishedMarvellous final chapter, even though I have absolutely no idea what is going on. :oh Please tell me this is normal for a non-FF player. :darn

I think I can save me the time to praise the fights in chapter 18. They speak for themselves after all. What's more interesting are the revelations (if they even can be called such that is).

This Zack guy with Cloud's Buster Sword (actually, it is Zack's!?) gave me the biggest wtf-moment in the entire game. It was only in the last scene which made me believe that he is most likely Aerith's first love. The fact that Cloud knows him makes the whole conversation with Aerith before Wall Market crystal clear. Can anyone confirm this?
What happened to Zack though? Did he die due to his injuries before they could reach Midgar, and Cloud kinda moved on? I can't remember Aerith stating whether he is still alive or dead. Or is Zack out there, and if yes, why didn't he show himself when shit hit the fan several times? The ending scene makes it look like he is doing okay. I mean, if he died, then it would have been the perfect time to show us right there. I don't get it. :nomoar

Back to Sephiroth. I kinda miss some information in regards to his relationship with Cloud and some backstory about Sephiroth himself. I'm left in total darkness in regards to him. Who even is Sephiroth? What does he truly want and why? Sometimes it is said that he wants to rule the world and other times they say he wants to destroy the world. What is correct here? Or does Sephiroth ruling the world equal to the end of the world? Why isn't Sephiroth dead in the first place? What's up with his mother? And how does the land of Cetra fit in all of this?

What did I even achieve at the end? Did I bypass destiny and saved the planet? Or was this not the judgement day at all, and we still drive towards the destruction of the world?

What is the true nature of Cloud's visions? Do they show the past, the future, or a possible future? It looks like some of the scenes happen in the future like Aerith (could be someone else though) praying or a certain sword clash between Sephiroth and Cloud (which didn't happen in this game). Let's not forget the materias falling on the ground, but this could be very well a scene from the past.

That pretty much sums up my - hopefully - understandable confusion. :XD

Please don't spoil me. Just clear up (as spoiler-less as possible) stuff which I might have missed or interpreted wrongly. The game was great and I want to experience the answers myself in the future. =)

If you ask me for a rating, I would say that I'm struggling between a 8.5 and 9. The game has a very shitty camera-work, the battle(-system) needs some fine-tuning (proper dodging, wind and ice spells redundant in certain situations unless you have a 3-tomoe Sharingan), and facial expressions lack more detail. That is all I can come up with in regards to the negative points. The rest is really well done. Lovable cast, charismatic and thrilling villain, nice, variable and not so complicated battle system, no countless items, amazing OST, smooth gameplay, superb scenery, hollywood-level cinematics, quest design rich in variety, as usual nice voice acting and so forth. In regards to the story, I'm more on the neutral side.

I am more than satisfied and will certainly not miss the next FF games if they are as promising as FF7R.


This was syx



 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
I'm surprised syx you didn't play the original or know anything about it.

Well most question that you asked are spoilers, especially about zack (he best bro btw, I love him, kinda sad he looks and sounds weird in the remake ) but yea he's aerith boyfriend
The vision that cloud have are mostly events that happen in the original game

It also confirmed that FF7R isn't really remake but a continuation, the fifth installment for the series

Soooo syx know that there some thing in the remake that need previous knowledge to understand especially in the last hours or so of the game with sephiroth, well I say this but even we don't really know what the heck he exactly planning considering this was secretly a sequel, we just have more info to theorize and understand some of his mystery dialogue.

Anyways here a cover of hollow
"I miss it, the steel sky"
Best quote to send us off
 
Top