Discussion Tower of God Pairing Thread

Which do you want to see become Baam's girl(s) (Pick up to 3)?


  • Total voters
    138

Default

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 24, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Age
36
Country
United States
It's Dowon
Enjoy Siu writing their complex relationship, he's started out on a bang already.
 

Irvergnimacokh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2020
Messages
129
Reaction score
146
Age
126
Country
Armenia
It's Dowon
Enjoy Siu writing their complex relationship, he's started out on a bang already.
It’s more lame than Xia Xia. Dowon has more common with Cha, than with Baam. Although I will laugh my arss off if she will be the ONE. It will be big F to all readers from SIU.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,405
Gender
Male
Country
France
Man, what is this? Shipping can be so scary and weird sometimes 🤨 . I think Winter posted the same thing in the anime thread too. Are people saying that Baam will end with Dowon because of a flower on a wall? There are more posts about Baam x Enne recently too.

Anyway, nothing much changed in my case. I still root for Baam x Androssi and I am rather confident about this. S3 made me warm up to the idea of Baam x Hwa Ryun a bit but in the grand scheme of things I do not care about such a pairing.

The anime made me more nostalgic than ever and reread all these old arcs renewed my love for Androssi. The ad of this week's chapter and the terrible episode where they cut great moments for Rachel and Hoh filler made things worse. I miss her... :scry

As I said years ago, Baam can bring the best and the worst of Androssi's character, but overall their interactions are very enjoyable and IMO Baam works better with characters who have a bit of an attitude.

Still, despite all our preferences the biggest problem is Baam IMO because is development in certain areas is very slow. I am very curious to see how he'll interact with Androssi when they'll meet again.
 

Default

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 24, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Age
36
Country
United States
It’s more lame than Xia Xia. Dowon has more common with Cha, than with Baam. Although I will laugh my arss off if she will be the ONE. It will be big F to all readers from SIU.
Baam and Dowon have a lot in common, looking at both of their stories shows how similar they are.

Are people saying that Baam will end with Dowon because of a flower on a wall? There are more posts about Baam x Enne recently too.
The mural on the wall on Headons floor foreshadows the entire story in ToG.
 

Irvergnimacokh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2020
Messages
129
Reaction score
146
Age
126
Country
Armenia
Baam and Dowon have a lot in common, looking at both of their stories shows how similar they are.
Examples please, I’m curious.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Are people saying that Baam will end with Dowon because of a flower on a wall?
Using same logic Baam will marry Zahard. Also, if we are going absolutely into conspiracy theories then, based on the logic of easter manga/manhwa production and storytelling Baam will end up with Yuri, because MC always are choosing the gals that they met first in the beginning of their journey (heck even Zahard did).
 

Siya101

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2018
Messages
368
Reaction score
267
Age
25
Country
South Africa
As I said years ago, Baam can bring the best and the worst of Androssi's character, but overall their interactions are very enjoyable and IMO Baam works better with characters who have a bit of an attitude.

Still, despite all our preferences the biggest problem is Baam IMO because is development in certain areas is very slow. I am very curious to see how he'll interact with Androssi when they'll meet again
If bam ends up with androssi I'll be so pissed...she's tooooo freakin annoying

If bam x androssi happens than naruto may as well ended up with sakura...the worst🤦‍♂️🚮
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Not that I want to break this thread or anything of the sort, but what if, you know, Bam swings the other way around? The guy hasn't shown much concern with women in general as far as I can recall. In fact, he seems to be more interested in Khun AA than anything else :heh
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,405
Gender
Male
Country
France
Baam and Dowon have a lot in common, looking at both of their stories shows how similar they are.


The mural on the wall on Headons floor foreshadows the entire story in ToG.
I don't see what they have in common besides their Positions and maybe their "optimism"?(Not sure if it's the right word). Dowon makes me more think of Yihwa, but much more stupid.

Using same logic Baam will marry Zahard. Also, if we are going absolutely into conspiracy theories then, based on the logic of easter manga/manhwa production and storytelling Baam will end up with Yuri, because MC always are choosing the gals that they met first in the beginning of their journey (heck even Zahard did).
I don't get what you are trying to say exactly? What logic? I just said that I love Androssi, her interactions with Baam and that I am looking forward to her future attempts to get his affection and interactions now that Baam has matured a bit more. Androssi's feelings for Baam and how she handles them are definitely a big part of her development, that was even mentioned by Garam. She is playing a dangerous game right now climbing with Anak and she being Viole's friend is common knowledge. She'll have to make a clear choice later.

If bam ends up with androssi I'll be so pissed...she's tooooo freakin annoying

If bam x androssi happens than naruto may as well ended up with sakura...the worst🤦‍♂️🚮
And I'd be overjoyed :wtf . I don't really care much about Naruto and the TOG cast puts them to shame.

Not that I want to break this thread or anything of the sort, but what if, you know, Bam swings the other way around? The guy hasn't shown much concern with women in general as far as I can recall. In fact, he seems to be more interested in Khun AA than anything else :heh
Following that logic Baam should be considered asexual or Rachelsexual I guess. He treasures his friends but was once ready to give up everything for Rachel and even went yandere for a moment. Anyway, Baam x Koon is a pretty popular pairing I believe.
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Can't we all just agree that Rachel x Shinwonryu would be the best possible ship one could ask for in this series?
 

Irvergnimacokh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2020
Messages
129
Reaction score
146
Age
126
Country
Armenia
I don't get what you are trying to say exactly? What logic?
I was talking about the statement overall, no that it' your statement or you believe in it.

I just said that I love Androssi, her interactions with Baam and that I am looking forward to her future attempts to get his affection and interactions now that Baam has matured a bit more. Androssi's feelings for Baam and how she handles them are definitely a big part of her development, that was even mentioned by Garam. She is playing a dangerous game right now climbing with Anak and she being Viole's friend is common knowledge. She'll have to make a clear choice later.
I do not have anything against you, khm, choices in terms of pairings, although I personally don't share them with you I was merely surprised from "Are people saying that Baam will end with Dowon because of a flower on a wall?" reading this, I just agreed that it's far fetched and I assumed that you were questioning this logic too. So, I hope I cleared my intentions around this comment.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Can't we all just agree that Rachel x Shinwonryu would be the best possible ship one could ask for in this series?
It's good, but Rachel and Silver shark is far better pairing.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I don't see what they have in common besides their Positions and maybe their "optimism"?(Not sure if it's the right word). Dowon makes me more think of Yihwa, but much more stupid
Yes, she is worsened version of Yeon + Miseng. I’m not against her character, but rather against the idea of Baam/Dowon pairing, in that regard I will gladly accept Baam/Enne or Baam/Adoru instead in a heartbeat.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I have Hilda vibes from Dowon, who read the Vinland saga will understand what I’m saying. She is like “I’m curious about mc’s goals and plans, but if he failes to deliver or try’s to go full genocidal maniac I will personally end him”.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I fuc...ing forgot. Cha and Dowon are in love! So to make Dowon Baams “heroine” you must kill oh Cha and then somehow mombojombo out of ass the relationships between Baam and Dowon. Damn, because of immense useless info that Siu gave us, I weren’t able to remeber that little episode! If you do not believe re read 3-40 chapter.
 

Default

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 24, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Age
36
Country
United States
Examples please, I’m curious.
Take Baams conversation with his former self and Dowons conversation to Cha about Baam. Dowon believes that Baam will just change as he gets more power while Baam reinforces it to himself about not being greedy as he continues to move forwards. So, both Dowon and Baam have the same concerns about him, Dowon believes he will just become another monster like Zahard while Baam is telling himself not to become greedy and hope that the ones he wants to protect stay by his side.

You also have the fact that Dowon was sealed away by force by using her kingdom as a hostage against her will, so she had to seal herself away and looking at how she felt she explained how it clearly hurt her. Baam is the same, his friends were used as hostages and forced to join FUG and become a monster and be hated by people in the tower.

You also look at how they behave as well and their morals. Baam is a kind person and the thought of killing people hurts him; even using souls to save the people he cares about hurts him. So while he won the first fight on the first wall he was still sad that he had to use those souls. Baam has compassion for people the same way Dowon does. The things that Dowon is afraid of about tons of people dying is also something Baam is bothered by as well. Baam is in a situation where there are no right choices, saving his master is not the right choice, but neither is letting him suffer like that a right choice. Baam is making wrong choices but is justified to do so. The same way Dowon is making wrong choices to fight alongside Zahards army but is justified to try and save the people she cares about i.e. her friends.

Dowon and Baam are two sides of the same coin, they have different ways of going about doing things, but their goals are similar as well as their beliefs. It is not sufficient to say that the way Khane described her sister as kind, but cruel is something that we can also describe Baam as being a kind, but cruel person.

Dowon wants to save people, while Baam wants to save the people he cares about. I think that the reason why they are so similar is because of their self-sacrificing ways. Both Dowon and Baam are willing to sacrifice themselves at any given point if the situation calls for it. They love the people they care about enough to put themselves through pain and suffering so those people can continue living.

What has changed is that at one point Dowon was fine with being unsealed as soon as Baam showed up in the tower, but because she learned about what Baam will bring to the tower “Chaos and war” she’s clearly conflicted. She fought Zahard for revenge and to bring people peace and not be oppressed by Zahard. Baam is fighting Zahard as well but not for revenge or even to bring peace but because Zahard is oppressing people and making things miserable. He tells Rachel that he is going to unlock the door and make people happier. Of course, I don’t personally believe that Baam will be the true king of the tower but I do think his goal about stopping Zahard and making people happier will align with the next king of the tower though.

I fuc...ing forgot. Cha and Dowon are in love! So to make Dowon Baams “heroine” you must kill oh Cha and then somehow mombojombo out of ass the relationships between Baam and Dowon. Damn, because of immense useless info that Siu gave us, I weren’t able to remeber that little episode! If you do not believe re read 3-40 chapter.
Dowon: I knew it all along! Too bad! I was thinking if I should say yes when you confessed, but I guess that's not happening anymore, is it? I guess more so than me will be you guys missing me, right?
Cha: Don't talk like you're going to die. You're being sealed. We'll meet one day. It may be a while, but we will meet again, so please let me confess to you like a true man when that time comes.
Dowon: Should I? I'll let you know how I feel when you do.
Cha: What? It's not a yes?
Dowon: Now's now, and then's then!
Cha and Dowon aren’t “in love” their relationship doesn’t seem that deep and reading what she tells Cha doesn't really tell me she's in love with him she was just considering him. But I do believe that Cha will die in this arc, since the 8th son's Anima is at the Nest I assume he's nearby waiting to see what happens and if he needs to show up he can just appear.

On a side note I don’t get why people ship Baam with anyone who doesn’t share his common belief. Enne, Adori, and Androssi aren’t people that would work well with Baam because of who he is as a person. Androssi is one thing but Enne and Adori seem extremely farfetched. I know there are people who don't like Dowon due to how she is currently, but if she is the main heroine then I think Siu will be able to write it in a way that people will actually grow to like her.
 

Irvergnimacokh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2020
Messages
129
Reaction score
146
Age
126
Country
Armenia
Take Baams conversation with his former self and Dowons conversation to Cha about Baam. Dowon believes that Baam will just change as he gets more power while Baam reinforces it to himself about not being greedy as he continues to move forwards. So, both Dowon and Baam have the same concerns about him, Dowon believes he will just become another monster like Zahard while Baam is telling himself not to become greedy and hope that the ones he wants to protect stay by his side.

You also have the fact that Dowon was sealed away by force by using her kingdom as a hostage against her will, so she had to seal herself away and looking at how she felt she explained how it clearly hurt her. Baam is the same, his friends were used as hostages and forced to join FUG and become a monster and be hated by people in the tower.

You also look at how they behave as well and their morals. Baam is a kind person and the thought of killing people hurts him; even using souls to save the people he cares about hurts him. So while he won the first fight on the first wall he was still sad that he had to use those souls. Baam has compassion for people the same way Dowon does. The things that Dowon is afraid of about tons of people dying is also something Baam is bothered by as well. Baam is in a situation where there are no right choices, saving his master is not the right choice, but neither is letting him suffer like that a right choice. Baam is making wrong choices but is justified to do so. The same way Dowon is making wrong choices to fight alongside Zahards army but is justified to try and save the people she cares about i.e. her friends.

Dowon and Baam are two sides of the same coin, they have different ways of going about doing things, but their goals are similar as well as their beliefs. It is not sufficient to say that the way Khane described her sister as kind, but cruel is something that we can also describe Baam as being a kind, but cruel person.

Dowon wants to save people, while Baam wants to save the people he cares about. I think that the reason why they are so similar is because of their self-sacrificing ways. Both Dowon and Baam are willing to sacrifice themselves at any given point if the situation calls for it. They love the people they care about enough to put themselves through pain and suffering so those people can continue living.

What has changed is that at one point Dowon was fine with being unsealed as soon as Baam showed up in the tower, but because she learned about what Baam will bring to the tower “Chaos and war” she’s clearly conflicted. She fought Zahard for revenge and to bring people peace and not be oppressed by Zahard. Baam is fighting Zahard as well but not for revenge or even to bring peace but because Zahard is oppressing people and making things miserable. He tells Rachel that he is going to unlock the door and make people happier. Of course, I don’t personally believe that Baam will be the true king of the tower but I do think his goal about stopping Zahard and making people happier will align with the next king of the tower though.





Cha and Dowon aren’t “in love” their relationship doesn’t seem that deep and reading what she tells Cha doesn't really tell me she's in love with him she was just considering him. But I do believe that Cha will die in this arc, since the 8th son's Anima is at the Nest I assume he's nearby waiting to see what happens and if he needs to show up he can just appear.

On a side note I don’t get why people ship Baam with anyone who doesn’t share his common belief. Enne, Adori, and Androssi aren’t people that would work well with Baam because of who he is as a person. Androssi is one thing but Enne and Adori seem extremely farfetched. I know there are people who don't like Dowon due to how she is currently, but if she is the main heroine then I think Siu will be able to write it in a way that people will actually grow to like her.
You are trying to squeeze something that ain’t there. At least Androssi, Yeon, Hwa and the most importantly Yuri have history with Baam, also Yeon and Yuri wants changes in the tower, basically they are opposing Zahards regime. Also same story with the Garam, who is in far worse situation than Dowon, but no one is shipping her with Baam, although she knew about Baam and she even tryed to use Urek to kill of Zah. Like I said, Dowon had no history with Baam, she has already established relationship with Cha(definitely romantic one) and what is more important she views Baam as potential threat, basically she is with him just to observe, and if he shows any resemblance of Zah in his behavior she will try to kill him off. If this is something romantic then Evankhell and Garam are potential love interests too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also Dowon directly said that she would answer YES if Cha asked her to be his girlfriend. Also her last answer were much like teasing rather something serious. So as if always in this thread everything came down to personal interpretations of words and situations. If you ship her with Baam, good for you I don’t and I can’t see chemistry between them, there is no attachment, imho.
Untill the day when SIU officially will introduce Baams wifu, everyone have equal chance in regards of ther fav Baam ship.
 

SomeKindaAnimal

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
131
Reaction score
157
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It’s Enne it’s like he’s acquiring the powers necessary to free her as he climbs
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,405
Gender
Male
Country
France
Things are getting weird here. Are people trying to explain why they like certain pairings or trying to use the story elements we have to predict Baam's eventual love interest?

Regardless of your theories, @Default it is pretty obvious that right now, Cha and Dowon love each other. It was already confirmed before they got sealed and when they met again Dowon even got annoyed because he didn't say that he came to see her.

I guess people entertain Baam x Enne because they are both kids of two Irregulars? That's it, right?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It’s Enne it’s like he’s acquiring the powers necessary to free her as he climbs
Baam wants to climb and defeat Zahard,, for this, he needs to become strong enough. There is nothing specific related to Enne in his mind and he isn't interested in the rings of the 13MS.
 

King Dryst

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
6,456
Reaction score
10,910
Country
Cobra
I guess people entertain Baam x Enne because they are both kids of two Irregulars? That's it, right?
For me, it's more because she's one of the very few people who can be relevant in Baam's endgame. The lineage helps too, but it's really just that she won't be completely eclipsed by him in the way that almost anyone else is doomed to be.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,405
Gender
Male
Country
France
For me, it's more because she's one of the very few people who can be relevant in Baam's endgame. The lineage helps too, but it's really just that she won't be completely eclipsed by him in the way that almost anyone else is doomed to be.
So you are one of those who think Enne can match the FH? Because she should be eclipsed, lineage or not, she is still a Regular. But being way weaker than Baam doesn't matter much IMO since the opponents won't only be Irregulars.
 

Irvergnimacokh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2020
Messages
129
Reaction score
146
Age
126
Country
Armenia
For me, it's more because she's one of the very few people who can be relevant in Baam's endgame. The lineage helps too, but it's really just that she won't be completely eclipsed by him in the way that almost anyone else is doomed to be.
She will be weak, one way or another, but at least she can go toe to toe against pretty much everyone in the tower except 13-14 people.
 

King Dryst

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
6,456
Reaction score
10,910
Country
Cobra
So you are one of those who think Enne can match the FH? Because she should be eclipsed, lineage or not, she is still a Regular. But being way weaker than Baam doesn't matter much IMO since the opponents won't only be Irregulars.
I don't think she would win against one, but I think she would be able to hold her own. And I don't see Baam fighting a bunch of them anyway. Some will break ranks and side with him in the end, and I think they'll be tied up dealing with one another.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,405
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't think she would win against one, but I think she would be able to hold her own. And I don't see Baam fighting a bunch of them anyway. Some will break ranks and side with him in the end, and I think they'll be tied up dealing with one another.
But it's the same thing, isn't it? If you believe she can hold her own, it means she can match them even if she is weaker than all of them.

Baam certainly can't win if all of them decide to face him, but he'll have to face some, a clash with Hon(100th Floor Test) and Eduan(AA's father + Maschenny's scheming) is inevitable.

Anyway, according to that story, I think it's likely that Enne loved Zahard. It seems at least clear that she wanted to marry him, maybe it was because she wanted to end the fights, but she might have had feelings for him. It's also weird that he decided to spare her when he told her all of this. Maybe he didn't kill her out of respect for her feelings or something.
 

Irvergnimacokh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2020
Messages
129
Reaction score
146
Age
126
Country
Armenia
Anyway, according to that story, I think it's likely that Enne loved Zahard. It seems at least clear that she wanted to marry him, maybe it was because she wanted to end the fights, but she might have had feelings for him. It's also weird that he decided to spare her when he told her all of this. Maybe he didn't kill her out of respect for her feelings or something.
???? Love? It was clearly stated that she wanted to end the war and stop this senseless destruction because of idiotic competition between princesses, if it was love, it was love not towards Zahard but towards her sisters in fate. For Zahard case, he simply couldn't kill her, because she was the daughter of 2 FH, and those two FH's were favouring her, so by killing her, Zah will turn 2 FH's against him, and many others will join, because it will mean that Zah could kill any of their children. Same goes to Yuri, she wasn't executed because Zah was afraid of backslash from Ha family and especially from Urek. The only woman he "loved" was Arlen, even for her he didn't make any exceptions basically killing her kid in front of her eyes and forcing her husband to commit suicide. Zahard now is pretty much monster with only goal of securing his power and throne.
 
Top