Discussion Unpopular Opinions

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Such a waste to be dying that early...
It's a waste that out of that group of 4, he was the only one to not make an actual appearance.
 

Karna

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
223
Reaction score
405
Age
30
Country
Philippines
I love Laxus but it was just wtf that he got RL cuz genetics. I feel that RL should have been one of his early arsenals, that way it wouldn't have to look like an asspull.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I love Laxus but it was just wtf that he got RL cuz genetics. I feel that RL should have been one of his early arsenals, that way it wouldn't have to look like an asspull.
Yea he should've gotten a power-up pre 1 year timeskip just like everyone else but whatever. He has RL now for good. Maybe a dual-element mode is coming his way.
 

Karna

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
223
Reaction score
405
Age
30
Country
Philippines
Wonder what dual mode fits him?
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Wonder what dual mode fits him?
I would say Fire and Lightning but that's Natsu. I can easily see him as a White-Lightning or Lightning-Shadow.
 

Karna

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
223
Reaction score
405
Age
30
Country
Philippines
Lightning Shadow makes Gajeel Fodder xD, Laxus would be Godlier kek

White Lightning - I guess Laxus could have flashbang oriented moves.

Sky Lightning - If he could only enchant himself to Saiyan levels. That would be scarier than Jellal.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Lightning Shadow makes Gajeel Fodder xD, Laxus would be Godlier kek

White Lightning - I guess Laxus could have flashbang oriented moves.

Sky Lightning - If he could only enchant himself to Saiyan levels. That would be scarier than Jellal.
Sky and Lightning make the most sense when it comes to the elements working together.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Wendy's hax are overrated by the readers when it's actually less than of what they think.
power ranking weebs are the ones that overrate it, imo her and Lucy's power progression have probably been the most realistic to see. Enchantments became like MAJOR major in alvarez arc when irene got introduced but it's always been in the story and they've always been wild crazy with the endless possibilities which I like cause it feels like actual real life magic

Lucy doesn't deserve the hate. This is not Naruto so stop wanking on a hate train like what they did to Sakura.
I knocked mira fans before but I apologize for it all lol judging by the comments lucy fans are becoming very very dumb now, I much rather see lucy in an intelligent situation then a forced powerup... she's always been a strategist type and does a lot for the story and it's why I like her character plus fanservice but not the main reason
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,876
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
I love Laxus but it was just wtf that he got RL cuz genetics. I feel that RL should have been one of his early arsenals, that way it wouldn't have to look like an asspull.
Weird you dislike that because gray got his DES powers with similar method. His father transferred his DES to his son just like that, Even Erza didn't get the same treatment like Gray or Laxus. Just think about that lol
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,582
Reaction score
10,159
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
Such a waste to be dying that early...
Right? He was arguably the protagonist of FT Zero (Yuri = Natsu, and Mavis = Lucy was how I thought in the series)

It would've been awesome if Serena turned out to be Yuri. Yuri = God Serena was a pretty damn popular theory during the Alverass arc.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,876
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Except there was actual foreshadowing in Grays case.

Swing and a miss there chile.
Nope! The way gray got his father magic isn't foreshadowed, The Foreshadowing of the magic itself has nothing to do with it. You have to train to get any magic, Gray just got it without shedding any effort.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

which means it's an epic asspull.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,042
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
Weird you dislike that because gray got his DES powers with similar method. His father transferred his DES to his son just like that, Even Erza didn't get the same treatment like Gray or Laxus. Just think about that lol
And it's a good thing for Silver that Gray uses ice magic
 

Biri Biri

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
303
Reaction score
1,267
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Weird you dislike that because gray got his DES powers with similar method. His father transferred his DES to his son just like that, Even Erza didn't get the same treatment like Gray or Laxus. Just think about that lol

Don't know why but this song instantly popped into my head.

 

75ChaosFlare

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
84
Reaction score
131
Age
31
Country
United States
I feel like the comedy is a mixed bag or at times poorly executed in certain scenes.
 

Darklord#10

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 11, 2022
Messages
3,573
Reaction score
3,262
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I have so many unpopular opinions, I'm not sure if I can list them.
Erza has no use in the story for me, her only use is being big sister to natsu and gray. An arc can be decent but when Erza gets a fight in that arc it ruins everything cuz 98% of the time you know it's gonna be ass pull and for a s-class wizard her fights are disappointing compared to laxus. I literally do not see her use in the story after tower of heaven and now in the sequel she's stealing people's powers just cuz mashima has to find a way to give her plot relevance. She's just so overrated to me

I have no emotional attachment to any female character in fairy tail verse. They could all die and I could give zero fucks. If your favorite character in fairy tail is a female, you only like her because of she's hot. I do feel sympathetic towards Eileen and Wendy tho. Eileen story actually touched me. But yeah most of the time I don't really care much about them. I have no emotional attachment to them

Lucy fans are the dumbest and the most fun fans to be around. They come up with retarded theories for their celestial queen but most of the time I enjoy hearing it and I admire how Lucy fans worship Lucy.

Gray was a battle genius before tartaros arc. He was very different from natsu and erza. He didn't even use to have much POF back then that was his appeal as a character.

Zeref is a good character but a trashy villain.

Natsu is a good character. Natsu's ass pulls are not on the level of Erza's asspull. Natsu's ass pulls has some kind of logic behind them. After the events of tartaros arc and Alvarez arc you should be able to understand the reason why natsu had all those ass pulls. He had igneel inside him, he was literally created to kill an immortal who was cursed by a god.

Suzaku is stronger than Misaki.

If you think because the main theme of fairy tail is POF and so the fans should accept any POF moment without question you're seriously brain dead. fT abused and molested the fuck out of POF. If you think we should just accept it that way I'm sorry but you need help.

I don't think mashima forgets, I just think he likes to retcon.

Alvarez arc isn't that bad tbh. If Erza vs Eileen didn't happen I would have for sure gave it an 8. Erza shouldn't have been involved as much as she was in Alvarez arc she always finds a way to make a good arc tank whenever she does something.

If you think labyrinth arc s a good arc you need to seek help. And people who say we shouldn't power scale fairy tail really annoy me it's like saying we shouldn't power scale any other Shounen hell even sailor moon gets power scaling so why not fT
I don't know about laxus and Mira cuz I never really paid attention to them but it's better to see them fight compared to Erza.

I enjoy when mashima crushes people's dreams and theories it's always good to see. Mashima is a good story teller but he's disastrous when writing a fight. Mashima can legit retcon an event of an arc just to make a character (Erza) look cool
 

Darklord#10

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 11, 2022
Messages
3,573
Reaction score
3,262
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I was so happy when laxus defeated Erza. One of the moment that makes me happy. Before the sequel I use to think gray was stronger than laxus and gildarts. I think it'll be nice if people stop hating on jellal, tbh jellal was right that Simon threw his life for a girl that never Loved him. I never really hate any arc when I was watching fT (as long as I see natsu everything is good) but labyrinth arc is the first Arc I'm actually like the fuck is going on here. Kagura or kaguya(I'm not sure what her name is) she's overhyped. I don't think there should be many deaths in fT, tbh I didn't want gajeel and juvia to die I was happy when they came back. I ship natsu and misaki, suzaku and selene. I don't think Wendy should get a love interest. If George is a sexual assaulter so is selene and Makarov and laxus and cana and elfseria. Lucy s a better guild master than anybody else in the guild. She's very similar to Mavis
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,042
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
I enjoy when mashima crushes people's dreams and theories it's always good to see. Mashima is a good story teller but he's disastrous when writing a fight. Mashima can legit retcon an event of an arc just to make a character (Erza) look cool
Problem is Mashima can write a good fight if he wants to but it just seems like he doesn’t now days.
 
Last edited:
Top