Games Mafia Game 83 - Isekai Quartet - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Alright, I will try to give you guys the role list, the night actions happening as well as my own summary of what I think of my first host game so far.

Player List

1. Grysun -Ainz (Mafia Boss)
2. Demonspeed - Aqua (Mafia Escort )
3. Desin24 - Tanya (Mortician)
4. Crescent Jinx - Wilibald (Insane Detective)
5. Panda - Matheus (Sane Spy)
6. Erinyes - Ram (Witch)
7. Holt - Megumin (Bulletproof Townie)
8. Blacktiger - Subaru (Prosecutor)
9. Seraph - Emilia (Restless Spirit)
10. Lady Pompom - Shalltear (Mafia janitor)
11. DigitalDude - Kazuma (Shapeshifter)
12. SonOfDaws - Mare (Sane Doctor)
13. MarmaladeSky - Rem (Strongman)
14. Anih - Albedo (Insane Apprentice)
15. Shinobi - Viktoriya (Prostitute)
16. Gajeel - Aura (Insane Detective)
17. Juviii - Beatrice (Insane Doctor)
18. Belserion - Darkness (Vengeful Townie)




Hope this Action stuff is readable. What I noticed was that many of the passive roles I hoped would use their roles for the sake of influencing the game often didn't do so. Some passives like Holt made it all the way to the end without stealing a single panty, I mean vote or trying to coordinate with other townies to make their spells unblockable. Not sure why if I had such spells and no actions I would have used them just for the heck of it. xD

My own thoughts regarding this game & my hosting experience​

Well as you see we didn't made the 20 player goal Asako and I put there for ourselves. If we had made it we would have put in Lovers or something other mean like that.^^
The roles we cut out were PGO and Daytime Vigilante though we probably would have added a 5th member to the mafia due lovers as well as Sleeper if we had made it above 20 players so who knows how the final role list would have looked like. I for one was quite happy with it and since so far no one has thrown a tantrum and complained I think everyone believed they had a shot at winning this game themselves and that's good.

After the first night on day 2 when we were already down 4 townies I thought I had made them too weak but you players showed me to not expect logic in a game where so much is based on feelings and instinct and where things can go horrible wrong, lol. I never expected Mafia and SS to target the same target twice in a row, even DD's luck had to run out at some point. xD

I should probably have hostkilled Holt due his 3 minor infringements but since he came online shortly after day 2 concluded and apologized for missing it and was okay with being punished, I decided to let him play and act as if he had posted thrice on day 1 and not twice. Maybe not the right choice but given the ending and how Holt hardly did anything surprising with his votes and nothing with his spells, it was not such a game changing decision. I guess I just didn't wanted to hostkill someone in my first game, is all.

It seems I should have added a "punishment/reward" system to make the people use their spells, like if you use no spell at all you get a penalty vote on you due mana overload or something, that would have made the active roles quite visible as well as make the decision of the passive not to use their spells actually good as they would hid the actives with not using their spells receiving the same punishment. As reward probably something that if a spell was successful you avoid the punishment for not using it next time. Maybe that would have pushed some players to be more active with their spells. So the system was only used ten times and thus didn't had much of an impact. :/
But all in all I am happy with my spell system, it was not broken, OP or overly complicated but it also was not rewarding or punishing enough to be used often or at all by the players. I will keep that in mind for future games.

As for my hosting experience in general it was very rewarding and funny. Without Asako I would have felt lost sometimes but she always gave me a pointer on what to do. Collecting votes, updating the vote list, marking off the dead in the first post and such was all stuff I got used to rather quickly. I would have liked to add more pictures but stuff like the detention room door had to been screenshot from the anime and I did not wanted to watch all 2 seasons for fitting images for my LN updates.^^

You all were pleasant players, I saw no flaming, no hating, maybe a bit of dissing but usually deserved and not mean-meant.
The Townie MVP this game for me was Copy Panda, he/she/it had great luck with the spy results finding two mafias in a row, like dayum!
The Mafia MVP was Demonspeed for how hard he tried and how unlucky his decisions were. I would have loved to see him keep going further and survive the 5th day (and give me more chances to write my LN :P).
The reward for most pleasant surprise was Anih and BlackTiger for how well she played despite the language barrier problems, both she and BlackTiger asked questions when they didn't understood stuff, tried to use their townie role to its best abilities and worked hard to figure out how to win with the other towns against the Mafia.

As for Mafia... it was really sad for me to see them come apart so quickly after losing their brain and leader GrySun who left us too soon due unforeseen circumstances. 4 days in a row Mafias got lynched, I cannot remember the last time this has happened, usually it gets interrupted with a townie or TP lynch. The spells in that regard actually did influence the game as players with active roles using them could not use their actions thus often changing the flow of the action board those nights.

As for Town... damn guys, you really crushed it. Just one townie lynch, not bad at all. Loved how SonofDaws saved DD and how did D thank him? Trying to turn him into an Illusion. XD
My best memory of this game will be Demon stealing Bel's panties and me and Asako arguing which panty we should send to them via pm. Bel reacted in great ways to the pic, Mafia sadly was as cold as a dead fish to it. And I tried really hard to find some befitting of Darkness character. :P
My worst memory was the end of the game where there was hardly any tension left and people just wanted to get over with it. It was a bit sad because of my intention to create a fun long game that would pack you all thus those many roles and the spell system for everyone to have to do something. Now it became a short game which hopefully was still very fun.

BIG THANKS at Asako here! She was a huge help and the best loli you could ask for to look through the internet to find sexy panties (she didn't found any)! Her technical knowledge around this forum and especially discord helped me out a lot else much things would have gone wrong. Like me messing up the verdict of Gajeel's finding and first sending him guilty and Asako one minute later being like "No he is innocent!". Lol. XD
Hope I didn't gave her too much of a headache.^^

PS: My LN here had according to WordCounter 13.421 words! I probably broke no record but fora week worth of playing this is a nice outcome!

Also here are all Death Scenarios of those who survived in case you are curious:

Viktoriya Ivanovna Serebryakov

Escort: Ruffian (Apron)
Viktoriya will be sad that she got killed/lynched and can no longer play with everyone. However when Ruffian shows up with a croquet for her as consolation prize she happily follows him into the realm of the dead.

Matheus Johann Weiss

Escort: A giant Schokolade Mascott (Ruffian)
Weiss takes the failure to see the end of the game very personally, as another proof that he is lacking as 2nd in hand of the Mayor's Elites. His spirits get lifted when Ruffian enters the classroom dresses as a giant chocolate with extra methamphetamine for the good boys in the field, real Panzer-Schokolade. Weiss is moved to tears as he hugs Ruffian („GIANT SCHOKOLAAAAAAAAAAADE~“) and follows him out of the classroom never breaking that hug.

Wilibald Koenig

Escort: A Fall pit
Koenig is disappointed but interested to see how he will get escorted to the punishment room. Roswaal just snaps his finger and under Koenig a fall pit opens and he falls through it with a loud scream ending in the realm of the dead.

Albedo

Escort: Yuri Alpha
Albedo won't accept her death so easily if Ainz is still alive, when he is already dead she gonna mock Shalltear for still being alive and not follwing their master to death while she rushes out ignoring poor Yuri Alpha.

Megumin

Escort: Yunyun
Megumin's pride takes a hit of being dead but then she tries to twist it into the others fearing her might so it was expected that she would not see the end of this game alive. However when a teary-eyed Yunyun stands in the classroom door to escort her, Megumin feels superbad. Like Yunyun is all sad how she can play with her class while she sits all alone in Class C and she has to listen the entire way to the detention room why Chomsuke and Puck were players but not her. If someone from B-class like Chris made it into the game, Yunyun won't accept Megumin's excuse of this being a Class A game only task so all that's left for Megumin while being on her way to hell is to feel bad for Yunyun and apologize to her and promise to make it up to her by playing Old Maid with her after the game.

Darkness

Escort: Ruffian in normal look (which basically means he looks like the perfect rapist to her rape fantasies)
Upon hearing of her own death, Darkness gets into a heavy breathing flushed expression at the thought of the torture in detention room with all her holes filled and what not. Much to the disturbance of the rest of the class who find it hard to feel sorry for her when she looks forward to it. Ruffian enters without a costume saying he was told to come like this and not in costume (in case Weiss or Viktoriya died before). Darkness goes all crazy on him to which the overwhelmed Ruffian can only take flight and flees to the detention room with Darkness hot on his trails.

I think that's it. Hope you all had a fun game and that you like to enter the James Rye train when he does another LN aka Mafia Game.^^
 
Last edited:

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,188
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Not much happening, and I‘ll unlikely have time to be here almost all of the second half of the day.

@Lady pompom you I can maybe read from some more talking. Say, can I trust you this game? I know it’s not a Crescent game but still..
Can I trust you? Is the question.

About the mechanics, got a better reading of it, thar Kazuma isekai tho :lambirb

Everyone has 2 powers they can choose from, but they can use them each 2 nights (because of the waiting time between uses). That will require some thinking to coordinate,

1. Spy on another Player's Magic Spell. You get told what target they used it on, but not what actual spell they used.

2. Hide behind another player at night. All rules to hider apply to this spell.
This is a wannabe spy and a hider, the spy can be useful to confirm some townies or to catch unprepared mafias on lies. Hider can be a good chance (even if those people are not mainish roles) to avoid a kill, unless they are mafia...

1. Block another player's Magic Spell.

2. Boost another player's Action by 1 Priority Level for the current night phase. Any action that gets higher than Priority 1 has a 50% chance to succeed no matter what.
A prostitute for spells and a free boost to spells. Well, both of those are a bit complicated to use, the prostitute role more because we don’t really know much about when other players will be using spells or not, but could also be handy to block mafia if used correctly. As for the boost, useful when paired with other people’s good spells.

1. Make another player's spell unstoppable. An unstoppable Spell cannot be blocked expect for an unstoppable Block Spell.

2. Steal a player's vote to be used in the next day phase. This action has a 50% chance of success. In case of failure you stole the underwear of the target and the target knows who tried to steal from him.
okay, the first one is funny:XD but from what I get, you can make someone’s spell unstoppable, however that means if someone has a blocking spell, and they are made unstoppable, they can stop other people’s unstoppableness. Let’s make a case:

player y uses his unstoppable spell on player X
Player X is uses his hiding spell on that same night
Player 3 uses his unstoppable spell on player 4
Player 4 uses his bloking spell on player X
Player mafia tries to kill the player X and succeeds, because player X was blocked by the unstoppable block-spell (spell).

this is what I understand...:hmm

As for the second spell... :notsure yes, hosts, I am staring at you right now... Jokes aside, the fact the player will know (if it fails) doesn’t mean much beside a hint for asking the said person who was caught stealing their reasons, could be a lead to a mafia lynch or just to an unreasonable townie.

1. Use a Magic Mortician Spell on dead players. You get told the history of all spells used on them but not who used them on the dead player, as well as the history of all targets from the dead player for his spells but not what spells were used.

2. Debuff another player's Action by 1 Priority Level for the current night phase. Any action that gets lower than Priority 3 has a 50% chance to fail no matter what.

This first one is very interesting, I would say among some of the useful ones, we can get hints from that and space to try getting closer to the mafia or to confirming some people.

for the second one, I have a question @James Rye @Asako what interaction happens between this debuff spell and the unstoppable spell? Just to confirm, it has no chance of stopping the unstoppable spell effect, right?

And phew, those are some of my thoughts for now. I won’t have lots of time to play those 2 first days, but I wanted to talk about the mechanics a bit, as for players, it is still very quiet here, and usually everyone is random, so I will wait more to see what others have to say.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Can I trust you? Is the question.

About the mechanics, got a better reading of it, thar Kazuma isekai tho :lambirb

Everyone has 2 powers they can choose from, but they can use them each 2 nights (because of the waiting time between uses). That will require some thinking to coordinate,



This is a wannabe spy and a hider, the spy can be useful to confirm some townies or to catch unprepared mafias on lies. Hider can be a good chance (even if those people are not mainish roles) to avoid a kill, unless they are mafia...



A prostitute for spells and a free boost to spells. Well, both of those are a bit complicated to use, the prostitute role more because we don’t really know much about when other players will be using spells or not, but could also be handy to block mafia if used correctly. As for the boost, useful when paired with other people’s good spells.



okay, the first one is funny:XD but from what I get, you can make someone’s spell unstoppable, however that means if someone has a blocking spell, and they are made unstoppable, they can stop other people’s unstoppableness. Let’s make a case:

player y uses his unstoppable spell on player X
Player X is uses his hiding spell on that same night
Player 3 uses his unstoppable spell on player 4
Player 4 uses his bloking spell on player X
Player mafia tries to kill the player X and succeeds, because player X was blocked by the unstoppable block-spell (spell).

this is what I understand...:hmm

As for the second spell... :notsure yes, hosts, I am staring at you right now... Jokes aside, the fact the player will know (if it fails) doesn’t mean much beside a hint for asking the said person who was caught stealing their reasons, could be a lead to a mafia lynch or just to an unreasonable townie.




This first one is very interesting, I would say among some of the useful ones, we can get hints from that and space to try getting closer to the mafia or to confirming some people.

for the second one, I have a question @James Rye @Asako what interaction happens between this debuff spell and the unstoppable spell? Just to confirm, it has no chance of stopping the unstoppable spell effect, right?

And phew, those are some of my thoughts for now. I won’t have lots of time to play those 2 first days, but I wanted to talk about the mechanics a bit, as for players, it is still very quiet here, and usually everyone is random, so I will wait more to see what others have to say.
You see spell cards are in their own category by that I mean that debuff and unstoppable spell aren't related to each other
The first spells is magical and that's where the unstoppable spell is, with the block spell, spy spell and mortician kinda spell (we didn't know what we call this spell so went with mortician even tho it's not exactly the same)
While the debuff and buff affect the priority of the role you have
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Tanya Isekai
Copy Panda
desin24
shinobi
Crescent Jinx


Ainz Isekai
GrySun
Anih
Gajeel
SonOfDaws
Lady pompom


Kazuma Isekai
Demonspeed
Belserion
digitaldude
Holt


Subaru Isekai
Juviii
Seraph
Erinyes
MarmaladeSky
BlackTiger


Worth noting is that two teams are smaller, and it's exactly those 2 teams that imo have the stronger spells. I wonder if spells would've been changed around a bit had we had 2 more players.

Otherwise, this list is just a reference for later.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

We know who can use which spells, that's it.
I think that alone is very valuable.

Can I trust you? Is the question.
So you didn't answer my question, interesting :edu
 

BlackTiger

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2020
Messages
457
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Subaru Isekai
Juviii
Seraph
Erinyes
MarmaladeSky
BlackTiger
So these are my team members and there are 1 scum among them?
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
No read so far. But are scums distributed on each team?
it was randomized so not granted
It could be and it could be not
All depend on rng that we had
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
No read so far. But are scums distributed on each team?
Host said it‘s random, so we could have any spread, or all in one team even.

What are your thoughts on the spells your team can use?
 

BlackTiger

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2020
Messages
457
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Makes sense. That would be too easy.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Tanya isekai and Subaru's mortician are to be used individually but the others are casted on other players which means that we will need some teamwork (and proved townies) to use them properly. However, town isn't known for good teamwork so this will be quite troublesome...I suppose
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,649
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Who giving role hints!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My role isnt passive.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top