Games Mafia Game 83 - Isekai Quartet - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Alright, I will try to give you guys the role list, the night actions happening as well as my own summary of what I think of my first host game so far.

Player List

1. Grysun -Ainz (Mafia Boss)
2. Demonspeed - Aqua (Mafia Escort )
3. Desin24 - Tanya (Mortician)
4. Crescent Jinx - Wilibald (Insane Detective)
5. Panda - Matheus (Sane Spy)
6. Erinyes - Ram (Witch)
7. Holt - Megumin (Bulletproof Townie)
8. Blacktiger - Subaru (Prosecutor)
9. Seraph - Emilia (Restless Spirit)
10. Lady Pompom - Shalltear (Mafia janitor)
11. DigitalDude - Kazuma (Shapeshifter)
12. SonOfDaws - Mare (Sane Doctor)
13. MarmaladeSky - Rem (Strongman)
14. Anih - Albedo (Insane Apprentice)
15. Shinobi - Viktoriya (Prostitute)
16. Gajeel - Aura (Insane Detective)
17. Juviii - Beatrice (Insane Doctor)
18. Belserion - Darkness (Vengeful Townie)




Hope this Action stuff is readable. What I noticed was that many of the passive roles I hoped would use their roles for the sake of influencing the game often didn't do so. Some passives like Holt made it all the way to the end without stealing a single panty, I mean vote or trying to coordinate with other townies to make their spells unblockable. Not sure why if I had such spells and no actions I would have used them just for the heck of it. xD

My own thoughts regarding this game & my hosting experience​

Well as you see we didn't made the 20 player goal Asako and I put there for ourselves. If we had made it we would have put in Lovers or something other mean like that.^^
The roles we cut out were PGO and Daytime Vigilante though we probably would have added a 5th member to the mafia due lovers as well as Sleeper if we had made it above 20 players so who knows how the final role list would have looked like. I for one was quite happy with it and since so far no one has thrown a tantrum and complained I think everyone believed they had a shot at winning this game themselves and that's good.

After the first night on day 2 when we were already down 4 townies I thought I had made them too weak but you players showed me to not expect logic in a game where so much is based on feelings and instinct and where things can go horrible wrong, lol. I never expected Mafia and SS to target the same target twice in a row, even DD's luck had to run out at some point. xD

I should probably have hostkilled Holt due his 3 minor infringements but since he came online shortly after day 2 concluded and apologized for missing it and was okay with being punished, I decided to let him play and act as if he had posted thrice on day 1 and not twice. Maybe not the right choice but given the ending and how Holt hardly did anything surprising with his votes and nothing with his spells, it was not such a game changing decision. I guess I just didn't wanted to hostkill someone in my first game, is all.

It seems I should have added a "punishment/reward" system to make the people use their spells, like if you use no spell at all you get a penalty vote on you due mana overload or something, that would have made the active roles quite visible as well as make the decision of the passive not to use their spells actually good as they would hid the actives with not using their spells receiving the same punishment. As reward probably something that if a spell was successful you avoid the punishment for not using it next time. Maybe that would have pushed some players to be more active with their spells. So the system was only used ten times and thus didn't had much of an impact. :/
But all in all I am happy with my spell system, it was not broken, OP or overly complicated but it also was not rewarding or punishing enough to be used often or at all by the players. I will keep that in mind for future games.

As for my hosting experience in general it was very rewarding and funny. Without Asako I would have felt lost sometimes but she always gave me a pointer on what to do. Collecting votes, updating the vote list, marking off the dead in the first post and such was all stuff I got used to rather quickly. I would have liked to add more pictures but stuff like the detention room door had to been screenshot from the anime and I did not wanted to watch all 2 seasons for fitting images for my LN updates.^^

You all were pleasant players, I saw no flaming, no hating, maybe a bit of dissing but usually deserved and not mean-meant.
The Townie MVP this game for me was Copy Panda, he/she/it had great luck with the spy results finding two mafias in a row, like dayum!
The Mafia MVP was Demonspeed for how hard he tried and how unlucky his decisions were. I would have loved to see him keep going further and survive the 5th day (and give me more chances to write my LN :P).
The reward for most pleasant surprise was Anih and BlackTiger for how well she played despite the language barrier problems, both she and BlackTiger asked questions when they didn't understood stuff, tried to use their townie role to its best abilities and worked hard to figure out how to win with the other towns against the Mafia.

As for Mafia... it was really sad for me to see them come apart so quickly after losing their brain and leader GrySun who left us too soon due unforeseen circumstances. 4 days in a row Mafias got lynched, I cannot remember the last time this has happened, usually it gets interrupted with a townie or TP lynch. The spells in that regard actually did influence the game as players with active roles using them could not use their actions thus often changing the flow of the action board those nights.

As for Town... damn guys, you really crushed it. Just one townie lynch, not bad at all. Loved how SonofDaws saved DD and how did D thank him? Trying to turn him into an Illusion. XD
My best memory of this game will be Demon stealing Bel's panties and me and Asako arguing which panty we should send to them via pm. Bel reacted in great ways to the pic, Mafia sadly was as cold as a dead fish to it. And I tried really hard to find some befitting of Darkness character. :P
My worst memory was the end of the game where there was hardly any tension left and people just wanted to get over with it. It was a bit sad because of my intention to create a fun long game that would pack you all thus those many roles and the spell system for everyone to have to do something. Now it became a short game which hopefully was still very fun.

BIG THANKS at Asako here! She was a huge help and the best loli you could ask for to look through the internet to find sexy panties (she didn't found any)! Her technical knowledge around this forum and especially discord helped me out a lot else much things would have gone wrong. Like me messing up the verdict of Gajeel's finding and first sending him guilty and Asako one minute later being like "No he is innocent!". Lol. XD
Hope I didn't gave her too much of a headache.^^

PS: My LN here had according to WordCounter 13.421 words! I probably broke no record but fora week worth of playing this is a nice outcome!

Also here are all Death Scenarios of those who survived in case you are curious:

Viktoriya Ivanovna Serebryakov

Escort: Ruffian (Apron)
Viktoriya will be sad that she got killed/lynched and can no longer play with everyone. However when Ruffian shows up with a croquet for her as consolation prize she happily follows him into the realm of the dead.

Matheus Johann Weiss

Escort: A giant Schokolade Mascott (Ruffian)
Weiss takes the failure to see the end of the game very personally, as another proof that he is lacking as 2nd in hand of the Mayor's Elites. His spirits get lifted when Ruffian enters the classroom dresses as a giant chocolate with extra methamphetamine for the good boys in the field, real Panzer-Schokolade. Weiss is moved to tears as he hugs Ruffian („GIANT SCHOKOLAAAAAAAAAAADE~“) and follows him out of the classroom never breaking that hug.

Wilibald Koenig

Escort: A Fall pit
Koenig is disappointed but interested to see how he will get escorted to the punishment room. Roswaal just snaps his finger and under Koenig a fall pit opens and he falls through it with a loud scream ending in the realm of the dead.

Albedo

Escort: Yuri Alpha
Albedo won't accept her death so easily if Ainz is still alive, when he is already dead she gonna mock Shalltear for still being alive and not follwing their master to death while she rushes out ignoring poor Yuri Alpha.

Megumin

Escort: Yunyun
Megumin's pride takes a hit of being dead but then she tries to twist it into the others fearing her might so it was expected that she would not see the end of this game alive. However when a teary-eyed Yunyun stands in the classroom door to escort her, Megumin feels superbad. Like Yunyun is all sad how she can play with her class while she sits all alone in Class C and she has to listen the entire way to the detention room why Chomsuke and Puck were players but not her. If someone from B-class like Chris made it into the game, Yunyun won't accept Megumin's excuse of this being a Class A game only task so all that's left for Megumin while being on her way to hell is to feel bad for Yunyun and apologize to her and promise to make it up to her by playing Old Maid with her after the game.

Darkness

Escort: Ruffian in normal look (which basically means he looks like the perfect rapist to her rape fantasies)
Upon hearing of her own death, Darkness gets into a heavy breathing flushed expression at the thought of the torture in detention room with all her holes filled and what not. Much to the disturbance of the rest of the class who find it hard to feel sorry for her when she looks forward to it. Ruffian enters without a costume saying he was told to come like this and not in costume (in case Weiss or Viktoriya died before). Darkness goes all crazy on him to which the overwhelmed Ruffian can only take flight and flees to the detention room with Darkness hot on his trails.

I think that's it. Hope you all had a fun game and that you like to enter the James Rye train when he does another LN aka Mafia Game.^^
 
Last edited:

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
It’s ok. This has been me all game -> ¯\_(ツ)_/-

Just make up for the absence.

.......not that I trust you. Hopefully you are town. It’s just I know you love the game and you haven’t gotten to play for two days has got to be bad on you.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@SonOfDaws, honestly looking back at your hint. It reminds me of something long surviving like BP. Since that is what I associate with your playstyle. And if you’re lying then maybe it’s something like janitor or SS.
You know, the times that I'm distrusted the most have almost always been when I'm telling the truth...

Anyhow, survival isn't my primary goal in MGs, but obviously, it does help and I do prefer it, typically.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
Two MC deaths, the Rezero cast keeps dwindling...

So it means that N1:

  • Mafia killed Erin.
  • SS killed Juviii.
  • Seraph died(Insane Doc)

And N2:

  • Mafia killed Gajeel.
  • Someone targeted Juviii.
  • SS killed someone else.

So, who do you think would kill Juviii first? And why try to protect Seraph when he claimed Passive?

Wouldn't have been more logical to go for DD? Unless the Doc used Seraph as guinea pig for his sanity.
 

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
Two MC deaths, the Rezero cast keeps dwindling...

So it means that N1:

  • Mafia killed Erin.
  • SS killed Juviii.
  • Seraph died(Insane Doc)

And N2:

  • Mafia killed Gajeel.
  • Someone targeted Juviii.
  • SS killed someone else.

So, who do you think would kill Juviii first? And why try to protect Seraph when he claimed Passive?

Wouldn't have been more logical to go for DD? Unless the Doc used Seraph as guinea pig for his sanity.
I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Juviii was mainly just using Seraph as a test pick. She seemed to be suspicious of him and I can hardly blame her, especially after he tried to throw shade at her on D1.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Juviii was mainly just using Seraph as a test pick. She seemed to be suspicious of him and I can hardly blame her, especially after he tried to throw shade at her on D1.
Frankly, I don't believe Seraph was that suspicious. I don't agree with what Jinx said about him being a prime lynch target. He just wanted a Mafia lynch and trusted his gut. In the end, he was Town.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Who do you think got SSed today?
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,900
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Goodmorning everyone.
So a SS in the game... Didn't see that one coming. Juviii possibly testing on Seraph makes sense though. If we believe DD's claim, it'd be rather unfortunate to (accidentally) kill an active role like that. Seraph was a safer bet imo.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
I know I suggested the sanity test on a "safe" claim but I don't believe that it's the norm when people are Doc.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,900
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Mhmh, yeah I suppose you’re right about that.

Any ideas on what Gajeels’ role might have been?
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,567
Country
Dragonstone
It's a mess when SS is involved, we probably have another illusion here. SS must be pissed for the loss of his illusion rn.
Then we have Gajeel as mafia kill, I thought we'll have one of the day-action claimers dead by now, but then again if they're legit the ganitor's team can't benefit from their roles. I wish they'd use their roles this dp.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I know I suggested the sanity test on a "safe" claim but I don't believe that it's the norm when people are Doc.
dunno if she'd try to test her sanity, but it was n1 anyway and perhaps she didn't find someone she wants to protect per se and went for the one she suspected the day before to see what happens.
 

Anih

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
0
Reaction score
70
Age
34
Country
France
Mhmh, yeah I suppose you’re right about that.

Any ideas on what Gajeels’ role might have been?
I wish gajeel was the shapeshifter.
If not it will be too hard to win.
Or if someone used an action on juviii maybe he can tell ? If it's an insane doctor who target juviii, is it good or bad for him to reveal ?
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,193
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Now, I didn’t expect that shapeshifter, really thought it was a Serial killer Because of Sera’s death... that makes things more tricky... what if suddenly people’s votes do not count anymore because they are An illusion? :gwahThe nightmare.

It's 2AM my time, so I can't stay up much longer and can't really analyze much right now. Juvii dying sucks though. From what I skimmed, she was one of the more active and probing players. Also, with a shapeshifter in play, that means N1 second death was the work of an insane doc. Someone mentioned that earlier, I'm interested in the who and why.
I also mentioned an insane doc, but sincerely I believed more that there was a serial killer, thinking there were indeed 2 normal kills by killing parties. It is possible that Juvii herself was the insane doc and killed Seraph, or that we have a 2nd doc. Now I am curious about the shapeshifter, and kinda scared of its illusions ruining things for town, like important and decisive votes not counting for lynches.

Gajeel wasn’t truly as active as he could be. Gajeel revealed less about himself then probing too. The janitor seems to have been going for these people who aren’t telling much about themselves. @shinobi should watch out if she’s not mafia.

The shapeshifter targeted juviii at some point. Killing her and making her an illusion. It has to be in the previous nights and then someone else killed her or someone targeted her with an action which broke her illusion. Since she didn’t know she was dead. Hope That helps?

There was no 3rd death last night from an insane doctor or something else so Juviii might have been the insane doctor and got illusion’d on N1. Or she was a sane Doctor and the insane doctor is still in the game.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Anih, for your earlier question. It’s doubtful of 2 mafias in a game like this. Only panda would do that if he was host. Rules state there should be 4-5 mafia with the SS as the secondary villain. Dividing up the 4-5 into 2 groups would make the mafia unbalanced and small for a game this size. With Gry dead we are looking for a team of 3-4 left.... and the SS will be working solo.
Yes, I was also wondering, but it seems the quieter ones are dying. I would expect mafia to go for DD or so, but maybe they thought Gajeel had an important role like det or doc since he was laying more low, thus being worth to kill?

Mhmh, yeah I suppose you’re right about that.

Any ideas on what Gajeels’ role might have been?
I dunno, I need to check his posts again, but not sure if he gave many hints or if he even gave some, other people were more active than him in terms of commenting.
 

Anih

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
0
Reaction score
70
Age
34
Country
France
what if suddenly people’s votes do not count anymore because they are An illusion? :gwahThe nightmare
Yes, too hard to win

I was also wondering, but it seems the quieter ones are dying.
Mafia seems to like them.
And if seraph and juviii was targeted by the same person, why all blues ? If it's a townie (insane doc) i don't understand why targetting blue team.

ILLUSIONS AAAAAAAH then who killed seraph? was it a dcotor.
It also can be a serial killer so 3 red mafia 1 ss and 1 sk ?
Which other roles / systems can kill at night ?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
Personally I think three killing parties would make things too messy but I am no game maker. If Seraph got offed by an Insane Doc, the Doc meant no harm.

Juviii can't be the SS target of last night. It me be me, or even you Anih :XD.

Someone other than the SS used an action on Juviii that night and the illusion shattered. Might have been Mafia(not to kill, but block, investigate etc) or Town(Doc, BG, Dec, , Apprentice,Prostitute and so on).
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Yes, too hard to win


Mafia seems to like them.
And if seraph and juviii was targeted by the same person, why all blues ? If it's a townie (insane doc) i don't understand why targetting blue team.



It also can be a serial killer so 3 red mafia 1 ss and 1 sk ?
Which other roles / systems can kill at night ?
No we cant have 1 mafia and 2 third party wouldnt be fair. Do we have any detectives...mafia boss is dead. So your results wont be muddled if you caught someone. Unless gajeel or erinyes were detectives...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Looks like holt is dying today probably @Holt tis time for role reveal.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
DD, who do you think got SSed this time?
 

Anih

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
0
Reaction score
70
Age
34
Country
France
Myabe me.....maybe you. Panda is claiming active night role, maybe him. Belserion claims VT so I doubt its her.
Belserion can also lie.

By the way, is VT a good role for townies ? How much do you lile this role ?
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,193
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
ILLUSIONS AAAAAAAH then who killed seraph? was it a dcotor.
Probably the insane doc.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But wait... Do the spells count as using an action on someone? It would make the SS stuff even more complex
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top