Doesn't waiting until Mirajane was injured after fighting the Dragon Eaters count as a tactic?Can Gray be considered a tactician anymore? He either fights with brute strength or uses Iced Shell?
He hasn't used his wits in battle since Tartaros.
Doesn't waiting until Mirajane was injured after fighting the Dragon Eaters count as a tactic?Can Gray be considered a tactician anymore? He either fights with brute strength or uses Iced Shell?
He hasn't used his wits in battle since Tartaros.
Up to you.Doesn't waiting until Mirajane was injured after fighting the Dragon Eaters count as a tactic?
No need to be rattled
it's a simple question:
Can Gray still be considered a tactician?

Other characters and terrible dragon slayer analogies are irrelevant. Were talking Gray here.

He's just more of a tactician than Natsu and Erza.

Now was that so difficult?Of course he can.![]()
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Now was that so difficult?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Lol the art of answering a simple question is being lost.
As you can see, my previous response was directed towards that question. Wasn't a simple question that could be answered with a Yes/No.Gray hasn't used his wits since Tartaros. How can he be considered a tactician?
If you would've scrolled up, you would have seen that I originally asked a yes or no. It took quite a bit just for a yes. Though I don't see him as one, that's why I originally asked in the first place.Nope, not difficult at all.
But, that wasn't your original question. Let me show you which question you asked at the beginning:
As you can see, my previous response was directed towards that question. Wasn't a simple question that could be answered with a Yes/No.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Definitely not. The gap is bigger with Natsu and Gray than it is with Iron man and Thor. More of a Thor and Hawkeye.Natsu and Gray is more like Thor and Iron Man.
If you would've scrolled up, you would have seen that I originally asked a yes or no. It took quite a bit just for a yes. Though I don't see him as one, that's why I originally asked in the first place.
That's my point. If tactics were thrown out after Tartaros, can he be looked as one. It seems that Mashima has moved his role to just overpowering his opponent through pure strength alone.Yeah, I saw the original Yes/No question that you're referring to. But I already replied to that one with the rhetorical question about Gajeel and Laxus. I thought that was obvious enough for an answer.
But after you asked the question about how Gray was considered a tactician, I merely explained how fans used that as a general term to describe his strategic mindset in battle, rather than having complete reliance on PoF. I also explained how "tactics" was thrown out the window post-Tartaros since Alvarez was the only major arc afterwards and it was extremely rushed, which led to many characters facing setbacks/damages to their reputation.
And idk about you, but I thought that my answers were fairly simple and to the point. But I'll keep it in mind to simplify it further for you in the future if you ever need it.
That's my point. If tactics were thrown out after Tartaros, can he be looked as one. It seems that Mashima has moved his role to just overpowering his opponent through pure strength alone.
True Alvarez was a big mess I'm glad 100 YQ happend let's hope Gray gets respect and a Demon Dragon Eater opponent with Gray using tactics to beat himWell, if that's what you think (along with many others), then go ahead.
I do completely acknowledge that post-Tartaros contained a bunch of disastrous writing, but I was always one of the guys who didn't think it was fair for Alvarez Arc to represent the rest of the 400+ chapters in the FT manga.
This also leads to my other point which is that most fans use the term "tactician" to describe Gray's overall character. I've never seen somebody judge a character by the contents of only a single arc (especially a ridiculously OOC one like Alvarez). If I were to do that to all characters in FT, then I can say nothing remotely good about any of them.
Up to you on how you want to assess the quality of each character, but ignoring a character's entire development just because of what happened in Alvarez Arc seems like a poor pick to me.
Nothing to discuss here.This thread was inactive for over two years... Speaks for itself![]()
And another day goes by mourning, for how badly treated Gray is, in this sequel.
As for me... No. Cold-blooded Gray wanting to kill his friend just because Invel said Natsu is enemy? This is not our Gray. Real Gray takes care about his friends more than anyone else. Very bad move from Mashima.I miss cold-blooded Gray, who was out for END's blood and Tartarus.
Who wants to talk about a character that needs POF to win fightsSays more about the forum itself if anything. There's a 2 year gap in the Erza thread as well.