How I understood Denji saying he wants to be a dog is basically he doesn't want to feel anything currently. He feels down/depressed over Aki's death, but as an animal that is not a feeling he would experience (<I am guessing this is his mindset, well he probably doesn't realize that animals also feel when their owners/people they are close to pass on)
Just my own two cents.
Good chapter though. Feels a bit surreal that Aki is dead, since he was my favorite character. Then again, I also liked Himeno. Pretty sure soon enough I'll have zero emotional attachment to the remaining characters
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
-Another interpretation of the dog thing is that dogs are fiercely loyal to their owners. Denji's owner would be Makima in this case. Since he has already lost a lot of people, he has this view that Makima is someone who he will never have to fear dying, and leaving him by himself.
(A better elaboration of my earlier point in the post above)
To be honest, I like the design, we were introduced to the gun devil as this creature that was near impossible to take down. Given it's looks, makes sense.
To be honest, I like the design, we were introduced to the gun devil as this creature that was near impossible to take down. Given it's looks, makes sense.
I mean overall as an antagonist. Design was great, in fact his intro, the contract and his ability were also done very well. But once the main cast involved, there wasn't much. Makima took care of him with a combo and with the Gun Fiend, I was more focused on Aki.
I mean overall as an antagonist. Design was great, in fact his intro, the contract and his ability were also done very well. But once the main cast involved, there wasn't much. Makima took care of him with a combo and with the Gun Fiend, I was more focused on Aki.
oh this chap is insane. Take it with a grain of salt but from what i got : The scene is still in Makima's place with the dogs, she asks Denji why he wants to be her dog, Denji is still upset about aki and people he had to kill, so he wants to be Makimas dog, so he wont have to think over it again. Someone's ringing, its Power. Makima called her. Denji asks why, Makima says she will kill Power. She asks Denji to open the door, then... rip Power seems
my thoughts : Makima is/might be controlling Pochita
oh this chap is insane. Take it with a grain of salt but from what i got : The scene is still in Makima's place with the dogs, she asks Denji why he wants to be her dog, Denji is still upset about aki and people he had to kill, so he wants to be Makimas dog, so he wont have to think over it again. Someone's ringing, its Power. Makima called her. Denji asks why, Makima says she will kill Power. She asks Denji to open the door, then... rip Power seems
my thoughts : Makima is/might be controlling Pochita
Damn.... that's all I can say about this chapter if I had to in one word.
Denji seemed to have some type of precognition before he opened the door? Did he get Future Devil abilities? Then Makima killed Power with her finger gun gesture hmm... Denji should stay away from doors from now lol
Poor Power, her cake and pretty much her whole torso got obliterated. Her head just falling on the floor was particularly shocking.
Btw, the painting behind Denji and Makima as they are walking to the door is called Paradise Lost by Gustave Dore. Yes, the painting is Satan
It seems like makima is pushing denji to open that door(subconsciously, is that a word? Lol) but the question is, if she does know anything about the door... and what for.