Shounen Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto

Karnak

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
411
Reaction score
637
Country
Dragonstone
Sorry for the late response. I first read it on mangatail but it seems someone posted the link to another one with the flashback :celebrate

It's almost like Kishibe's chase for Quanxi drove him to drinking too :teach
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
The fight itself was not good. The author really struggles with fighting scenes imo
Nonetheless, the chapter was sad and this is bound to change Denji now. Do you guys reckon he will turn against Makima ?
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I cried
 

ThunderStorm

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2018
Messages
84
Reaction score
160
Age
30
Country
Portugal
That was Denji's first emotion. The leading to that was just heartbreaking. I feel terrible for Aki, man...but in a way, he won't suffer anymore.

Power...
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welp, at least Aki finally got to play catch with his brother. Who's cutting the onions! And the Future Devil T-Posing, literally adding insult to injury.

Gun Devil, burn in hell. It's gonna be interesting to see how Japan responds to this. The US/Gun Devil contract led to many Japanese casualties and Makima is outed as the Control Devil.

And that Kishibe part :lmao . Ah, what could've been. I hope this doesn't mean his number is coming soon tho. Oh lord, give me the strength to push forward.

Do you guys reckon he will turn against Makima ?
After this and possibly Power's death, I'd imagine Denji going to Makima for comfort/Makima taking advantage of his mental state. But, with his developing emotions and the citizens' newfound trust in him, I think he'll eventually rebel against Makima's plan for peace.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,086
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Chap 80 spoilers

Title : dog's feeling
























Japanese script
「犬の気持ち」

アキは死に、遺言で貯金半分(700万くらい)がデンジに渡り、もう半分が姫野家に送られた
デンジとパワーはそのお金で家を借り、ウマイもんを食いまくったりゲームや映画を見て過ごす
デンジ「アイス買ってくるけどついでに何かいるか?」
パワー「肉系のおにぎり!」
帰宅途中、ベンチで食べたアイスが当たる
デンジ(俺がアキをころした)
アイスを吐くデンジ
デンジ「…もったいねえ」
デンジ(起きてから寝るまでずっと頭がごちゃごちゃしてる)
デンジ(何見ても考えてもクソになる)
デンジ(ウマイもん食ってもウマくねえ)
デンジ(きっと脳みそがクソになったんだ)
デンジ「ポチタ…」
マキマ「デンジくん何をしてるの?」
デンジ「マキマさん…」
デンジ「アイスが当たりました」
マキマ「大変だ、とても手が冷たいよ?」


デンジ「いいんです俺ぁ手が冷たくても」
デンジ「俺死なないし」
デンジ「アイス…アイスも当たったし」
マキマ「ダメだよ体を冷たいと気持ちまで落ち込んじゃう」
デンジ「はあ」
マキマ「デンジくん立ちなさい」
デンジ「わん…」
マキマ「よし」
マキマ「ウチにおいで、一緒に暖かいお茶を飲みましょう」
本部へと到着する
マキマ「2階と3階が私の家なの」
マキマ「あっそうだキミ犬大丈夫?」
力無く頷くデンジ
マキマ「ただいま」
7匹ぐらいの犬たちが出迎える
マキマ「にゅあ~はいはいはいはい」
マキマ「ただいまただいま」
デンジとマキマの顔を舐める犬たち
デンジ「ぎゃあおああ」
マキマ「知らない人来たね~よかったね~」
マキマ「デンジくんだよ?」
マキマ「こんばんわんってしようね」
マキマ「こんばんわん」
デンジ「こんばんわん…」
マキマ「紅茶と緑茶と玄米茶、どれがいい?」
デンジ「一番ウマいので…」
マキマ「ティラミスも食べて」
マキマ「私が作ったの」
犬「ワンっ」
マキマの顔を舐める犬
マキマ「わーキミじゃないよ」
マキマ「キミを呼んだワケじゃない」
マキマ「あ…この子ティラミスって名前なの」
マキマ「はーいっ僕がティラミスです」
マキマ「デンジくんに撫でられているのはシュークリーム」
マキマ「はいはいお腹触ってくれてよかったね~」
マキマ「シューちゃんお腹いいもんね~」
マキマ「クッキー食べたい人」
犬たち「ワオオオン」
エサのクッキーをあげるマキマを眺めながらティラミスを食べるデンジ
デンジ(ここ…世界で一番良い場所じゃん…)
デンジの手を握るマキマ
マキマ「よかった、手暖かくなった」
デンジ「はい」
マキマ「手が冷たい時は生きているもの触るのが一番だよ」
デンジ「マキマさん…ありがとうございます」
デンジ「マキマさんのおかげでダメージ少し回復しました」
デンジの頭を撫でるマキマ
マキマ「大変なこと…たくさんあったもん」
マキマ「よく生きたね…」
マキマ「デンジくんはとってもいい子だよ」
デンジ「へへ…あれ」
涙があふれるデンジ
デンジ「あれ、これは違うくて!」
デンジ「ギャハハハハハ」
犬たちがデンジを舐める
マキマ「デンジくん…私もキミに助けられたんだ」
マキマ「だから…約束を覚えている?」
デンジ「え?」
マキマ「私に叶えて欲しいことを言ってみて」
デンジ「犬…に…なりたい」
デンジ「マキマさんの…」

次週へ

Extra script (ft kobeni)

番外編

コベニ(今日は仲良しな方の妹と海へ行きました)
妹「お姉ちゃんお姉ちゃん」
妹「お腹すいた」「海の家いこ」
コベニ「海の家は値段が高いからダメだよ」
コベニ「大丈夫!おにぎり作って持ってきたからね」
コベニ「あ!デンジくん達だ」
海にいるデンジとパワーを発見する
コベニ「あの人達は危険だけどお金は持っているはず!」
コベニ「一緒にご飯食べる感じで奢ってもらおう」
妹「そんなことしていいの!?」
デンジ「え?メシ?魚殺して食うんだけど」
妹「え…」
パワー「あれ…そのおにぎりワシから盗んだやつじゃないか?」
パワー「返してくれないか?」
コベニ「え…」
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Oh well, Denji strikes again I guess

He would like to be Makima's dog

A bit disappointed with the chapter really
 

AbrahamOmosun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
400
Reaction score
1,024
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
So many dogs....
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All of us watching Makima:



Except Belserion, who's like:



Ngl tho, the temptation is real
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Oh well, Denji strikes again I guess

He would like to be Makima's dog

A bit disappointed with the chapter really
I can't tell if it was disappointing or just horrifically depressing. I knew it was coming after all the fun Aki/Denji/Power chapters, but... still. I guess it's only disappointing because Denji is just such a well-written, sympathetic character and it's heartbreaking to see him being used like this.

The quality of the chapter and storytelling is still top-notch. But I just want an entire slice-of-life manga with Aki/Denji/Power in that tiny period before Aki's death. It seriously needs to be at least a little webcomic or something because their roommate dynamic is utterly untapped gold.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also: Does anyone know how long this manga is projected to be by the author? Is it a long-runner or are we in the endgame? If it's scheduled to be a long-runner this comic needs its own subforum. This is far-and-away one of the best recent shonen titles. I hope it gets animated in a similar way to Dorohedoro.
 

Karnak

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
411
Reaction score
637
Country
Dragonstone
We learn that Kobeni is a thief and a scam artist in the omake lol! (although a terrible scam artist) :XD

In this chapter, Chainsaw Man briefly becomes a slice of life manga with Denji and Power splurging on inheritance money from Aki. :cookiearf

Denji barfs a popsicle due to guilt and then here comes Makima to warm him up. She takes him back to her place which is a mansion almost! She gives him tea and tiramisu and lets her doggos be friends with him! She keeps coming on to Denji and wants to f^&k his brains out then he instead says he wants to be a dog. :awe:nah:twitch:emocat

What is you doing Denji?! She's ripe for the picking! Get some! Let her warm you up you oaf! :shin:poke:notlikethis
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Considering how manipulative Makina can be, am I the only one really worried about Power being left alone? Since it does not look like Denji contacted her.

Danm in any other manga a scene like this would feel like shit, but just like you people said, it is great because it is so well writ-....what?

....

oh no...

this rumbling...

...

run

....

its them.

RUN EVERYONE.

ITS THE FUCKING SIMP MEME PEOPLE
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Not sure it will be long term. I mean the introduced big bad villain has been neutralised now, and potentially Makima is the final bad villain. But considering the pace, I think this manga will follow a similar trajectory to Kimetsu no Yaiba, which I don't mind. I would rather read a nice short manga rather than a long annoying one
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
All of us watching Makima:



Except Belserion, who's like:



Ngl tho, the temptation is real
Only dog lovers will truly appreciate this chapter :hmph

Although even I have to admit that's a lot of dogs lol. Plus I got sinister undertones even though it was supposed to give off happy vibes? Like instead of talking to Denji about Aki and acknowledging his grief, she just twisted his feeling "cold" to surface level and offered him tea. In the end it felt like she was reinforcing her control over him by reminding him who he belonged to.
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Only dog lovers will truly appreciate this chapter :hmph

Although even I have to admit that's a lot of dogs lol. Plus I got sinister undertones even though it was supposed to give off happy vibes? Like instead of talking to Denji about Aki and acknowledging his grief, she just twisted his feeling "cold" to surface level and offered him tea. In the end it felt like she was reinforcing her control over him by reminding him who he belonged to.
:lmao

Agree, and especially this chapter, I was fixed on her eyes more than usual. I felt hypnotized.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Keep your head up king. She doesn't deserve you lmao
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
How I understood Denji saying he wants to be a dog is basically he doesn't want to feel anything currently. He feels down/depressed over Aki's death, but as an animal that is not a feeling he would experience (<I am guessing this is his mindset, well he probably doesn't realize that animals also feel when their owners/people they are close to pass on)
Just my own two cents. :p
Good chapter though. Feels a bit surreal that Aki is dead, since he was my favorite character. Then again, I also liked Himeno. Pretty sure soon enough I'll have zero emotional attachment to the remaining characters :oh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

-Another interpretation of the dog thing is that dogs are fiercely loyal to their owners. Denji's owner would be Makima in this case. Since he has already lost a lot of people, he has this view that Makima is someone who he will never have to fear dying, and leaving him by himself.
(A better elaboration of my earlier point in the post above)
 
Top