Shounen Undead Unluck

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Man, I can't wait to see the new host for Unchange though. Given how powerful Gina's power is, like she could deal with Andy and Spoil on her own, the Union and Under surely will try to get their hands on that power for themselves so they gonna be mad competition on getting first to the UMA with the reward of Unchange's location.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
self targeting UNCHANGE this time around would be interesting development,
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
About the new Unchange. I have a rather amusing prediction about them.
They will turn out to be a guy this time. Also, they will fall for Fuuko when they first meet her :Haha Which would directly parallel Gina's love for Andy.
Basically, a romantic rival is in the cards here :mono
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
Man, I can't wait to see the new host for Unchange though. Given how powerful Gina's power is, like she could deal with Andy and Spoil on her own, the Union and Under surely will try to get their hands on that power for themselves so they gonna be mad competition on getting first to the UMA with the reward of Unchange's location.
Gina had experience though. She wasn't good at it at first IIRC. But who knows, maybe the new host will be some kind of genius.
 

BloodyBoredom

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
343
Reaction score
437
Age
27
Country
United Kingdom
About the new Unchange. I have a rather amusing prediction about them.
They will turn out to be a guy this time. Also, they will fall for Fuuko when they first meet her :Haha Which would directly parallel Gina's love for Andy.
Basically, a romantic rival is in the cards here :mono
It could also be a good friend to Chikara instead of Fuuko.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Many fanartists seem to want to see a friendship between Top and Chikara, espeically the Fujo artists. Though a Fujo artists drew lots of Adult Top x Juiz fanart/fancomics. Guess Top can be put on anything, lol.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
^ Speaking of fan art, the series is getting more and more each new week. Kinda of reassuring :p

F.e:



Of course, credits to all the respective artists.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hmm, since no one has posted it yet.

Source-Discord
Chapter 33 spoilers:
A flashback about how Billy met Unrepair (Rip), and Latla. Also, Fuuko uses her Unluck to freeze UMA Burn
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Okay, that last part I wanna see how that happened. XD
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
UMA BURN more like UMA FREEZE
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Glad Billy isn't the Union Boss. The traitor reveal is....somewhat believable (Albeit too soon imo). Revealing Under's boss this early just wouldn't make for good writing.
Though, third ranked? :mono

Heh.
They confirmed that Nico has a daughter too, as previously stated in a volume afterword :nod
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
A couple of things to say about what's going on now.

1. I liked Billy reveal and how Aizen-like he's trying to be, although I liked more his design as a a blind gunman.

2. I wonder why Billy used Unjustice on Izumo but not on Andy. Or is it that it didn't work as intended on Andy?


On a separate note, this "Unluck" power has been feeling weird to me for a while. It's supposed to make the person it touches unlucky, and I get that our Undead MC is... well, undead, and thus can survive catastrophes, but the way that they win most of their fights through Andy's "unluckiness" feels, in turn, very lucky. It would be much more unlucky for Andy that something random made his battle strategies fail, rather than a big meteorite falling down on him and granting him victory.

I also noted how there have been two gag times that when unluck was triggered on him on the Union's base, lava flowed to him from the walls, but this one time that lava flowing in would have probably powered up his enemy (I'm just guessing since it's Burn and all that), it instead triggered electricity.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I also noted how there have been two gag times that when unluck was triggered on him on the Union's base, lava flowed to him from the walls, but this one time that lava flowing in would have probably powered up his enemy (I'm just guessing since it's Burn and all that), it instead triggered electricity.
The other two times, the contact was minimal:


Which is why it was a similar case of unluck each time. In this chapter, Fuuko kissed Andy (Degrees of affection affect the unluck), so there was a bigger stroke of unluck, plus it was different from normal. :verily
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
The other two times, the contact was minimal:


Which is why it was a similar case of unluck each time. In this chapter, Fuuko kissed Andy (Degrees of affection affect the unluck), so there was a bigger stroke of unluck, plus it was different from normal. :verily
Yeah, I get the rules, it just feels weird to me how a bigger stroke of unluck is actually luckier to him in this case, since lava somehow powering up Burn would actually be much more unlucky to Andy.

The way the Unluck works just doesn't feel 100% right to me even when applying the rules of emotions and duration of contact.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yeah, I get the rules, it just feels weird to me how a bigger stroke of unluck is actually luckier to him in this case, since lava somehow powering up Burn would actually be much more unlucky to Andy.

The way the Unluck works just doesn't feel 100% right to me even when applying the rules of emotions and duration of contact.
Unluck works by "damaging" the body parts it is in contact with, it is not supposed to make people unlucky in a way that it goes against anything they hope for in life so Andy is the perfect partner for that. Andy wishes for death, if Unluck worked as you thought, even at max power, Andy would never die.
 
Last edited:

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Yeah, I get the rules, it just feels weird to me how a bigger stroke of unluck is actually luckier to him in this case, since lava somehow powering up Burn would actually be much more unlucky to Andy.

The way the Unluck works just doesn't feel 100% right to me even when applying the rules of emotions and duration of contact.
Aaaah, I thought you were inquiring as to why the Unluck was different this time :sweat My mistake.
When Andy is in something, and Unluck hits him, the unluck is usually directed towards the other party. Like, when they were fighting Gina. Andy's head which had already been affected by Fuuko's unluck ended up causing Gina to be hit by the UMA.
So in the case of UMA Burn, it getting hit by ice is 'unlucky', compared to being hit by lava (Lucky). Basically, the unluck hits both Andy plus Burn. (Both of them being frozen)
I hope, I am explaining this properly :hmm Or I did not misunderstand this time.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Unluck works by "damaging" the body parts it is in contact with, it is not supposed to make people unlucky in a way that it goes against anything they hope for in life. so Andy is the perfect partner for that. Andy wishes for death, if Unluck worked as you thought, even at max power, Andy would never die.
Mmmh, I don't think it's about the specific body parts that she touches. Back at chapter 2 she said kissing his grandpa gave him sprained legs.

But otherwise I guess you're right in that her power just doesn't work like I expected. I expected it to literally negate luck (and thus it shouldn't be useful in battle), but it looks like it simply attracts deadly incidents.

Aaaah, I thought you were inquiring as to why the Unluck was different this time :sweat My mistake.
When Andy is in something, and Unluck hits him, the unluck is usually directed towards the other party. Like, when they were fighting Gina. Andy's head which had already been affected by Fuuko's unluck ended up causing Gina to be hit by the UMA.
So in the case of UMA Burn, it getting hit by ice is 'unlucky', compared to being hit by lava (Lucky). Basically, the unluck hits both Andy plus Burn. (Both of them being frozen)
I hope, I am explaining this properly :hmm Or I did not misunderstand this time.
I understand what you're saying. It's just that, being hit by something deadly while being undead at the same time that the same deadly thing also takes out your enemy, feels luckier than Burn simply incinerating his head and his plan to take UMA Burn with "Unluck" failing, or Burn being powered up by something. That'd be really unluckier for Andy.

I don't know if I'm getting my point across, but I think I'm just looking too deep into how I think Izumo's power should work rather than how the author has decided that it works.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I understand what you're saying. It's just that, being hit by something deadly while being undead at the same time that the same deadly thing also takes out your enemy, feels luckier than Burn simply incinerating his head and his plan to take UMA Burn with "Unluck" failing, or Burn being powered up by something. That'd be really unluckier for Andy.

I don't know if I'm getting my point across, but I think I'm just looking too deep into how I think Izumo's power should work rather than how the author has decided that it works.
Yes, I think I get where you are coming from.
But to me, Fuuko's power has always been random like that? :XD You have actually made me think more on it, which is very interesting.

I expected it to literally negate luck (and thus it shouldn't be useful in battle), but it looks like it simply attracts deadly incidents.
Oh, but it does. She is an external type negator. She negates other people's luck, which in normal cases kills them. Which is why Juiz thinks it's a perfect power for killing god.
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Someone mentioned Billy being UNfair, I guess if it was not already clear, it seems a bit more so now.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Yes, I think I get where you are coming from.
But to me, Fuuko's power has always been random like that? :XD You have actually made me think more on it, which is very interesting.


Oh, but it does. She is an external type negator. She negates other people's luck, which in normal cases kills them. Which is why Juiz thinks it's a perfect power for killing god.
Her unluck has indeed always worked like this.

My comment about her power wasn't intended to be only about this last chapter but a general criticism. What just happened to Burn is just the latest example. It's something that I've been thinking since the fight with Gina. It's the first time I'm posting on this thread so I wanted to let what I think of Unluck out of my chest.

This might just be my opinion, but for the same reason that Izumo's "quirk" might be able to kill even god, I think a really strong stroke of unluck shouldn't benefit Andy in convinient ways in every fight. Burn getting frozen is the most conviniently lucky thing that could have happened to Andy, even if he himself has been frozen.
 
Top