Chapter 1000 should be on issue 5-6 unless surprise, which would be 3-4. I am more curious about the MHA stuff tbh
Btw what do you think could the mysterious My Hero Academia project be? It has took Horikoshi two breaks, so I'm really curious now. The good thing is that current MHA arc continues being on a big roll despite these breaks
The only options I see are
1. Another MHA movie. He said the last movie would be the final one he works on, but I’m sure he’ll work on one again. It’s just a matter of when.
2. A MHA video game that’s not just a hastily put together fighter like the One Justice series.
3. Maybe he’s doing character designs for another franchise in general not related to MHA. Like, maybe an RPG game. This is one id be most excited for, since I think Horikoshi is a phenomenal character designer, so I’d love for him to get a opportunity to be the lead artist of a game series like Toriyama
4. An ArtBook. This is the most popular option I see thrown around. While I think it’s possible, I feel like it’s rather anticlimactic given he’s taken to breaks now and hyped up what he’s working on. Manga Artbooks are typically just gathering together color pages, color spreads, the Jump covers by themself, volume covers, etc. AKA, they’re typically not brand new art. So I can’t see this being so huge that it’s taking a toll on him, like whatever he’s working on seems to be doing
4. Maybe a One Shot separate from MHA, similar to how Kishimoto released a couple One Shots during Naruto’s run
5. Maybe a timeskip is coming up in MHA, or some big change to the series in general, that would give it a brand new look and style. New designs for the characters, new settings, etc. the manga seems to be reaching sort of a half way point, and redesigns have been pretty common for Jump action series that have reached a halfway point. So maybe he’s researching and prepping for things in coming to the manga itself, and not necessarily a separate product