Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro
How can you not like Berserk's art? It's more detailed than almost any title out there, that's why it releases so slowly. ^^
My favourite character would be Miria, I guess, or Deneve in her current two-sword out-for-revenge form.
I like Claymore a lot, at least better than Naruto or Bleach at this moment, but not as much as D.Gray-man or Eyeshield21, but overal, I think it's not that great a title if you look at it artistically (art and storywise)... It's just such a lot of fun to read though. <3333 But I guess it'll never be as popular as the big series, because of the art, the release schedule, and the violence and death rate (though I personally like it when important characters die in manga, heh).
Raki is in the manga to look weak, that's his purpose, it makes the others look stronger in comparison. But yeah, he can die for all I care. ^^
Bad guys? I don't want Riful to die, her Awakened form is just too awesome. And do Miata/Clarice count as bad guys? (I'd think Galatea is good, since he kinda helped Clare and Jeane... but if she's considered bad, I don't want her to die either, she's awesome).
And Berserk is a lot better than Claymore in every aspect, except it's got so few female characters compared to it for obvious reasons. Omgfricadelitastic art (and no, that's not a word, don't copy it), amazing story, way more violent, a lot of nudity-that-is-not-fanservice (though Claymore barely has any of that anyway), and more death, heh heh heh. But remember Claymore is shounen (for teens, generally) and Berserk is seinen (for adults), so that explains why they don't have to care about staying kid-friendly. ^^